Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion (2447 Views)

Personal Opinion To Chris Okotie's Comments / Sorry! It Is Your Personal Opinion / This Matter Of Interpretations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:03am On Oct 23, 2012
Joagbaje:

Romans 14:5
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

is it a matter of "food" and "days" we are talking about here of matters of doctrine? Importance?

Is every things about food and days in the bible?

*sigh*
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:07am On Oct 23, 2012
DP
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:14am On Oct 23, 2012
italo:

To Enigma and some other people, "Jesus is God" is the proposition that goes freely from Genesis to Revelation without contradicting other Bible portions.

To you and some others, it is the 'Jesus is not God' proposition that does so.

To Enigma and some others, "Jesus is not God" is the proposition that contradicts other Bible portions.

To you, it is the 'Jesus is God' proposition.

Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:17am On Oct 23, 2012
italo:

To Enigma and some other people, "Jesus is God" is the proposition that goes freely from Genesis to Revelation without contradicting other Bible portions.

To you and some others, it is the 'Jesus is not God' proposition that does so.

To Enigma and some others, "Jesus is not God" is the proposition that contradicts other Bible portions.

To you, it is the 'Jesus is God' proposition.

well, then. At the end we get according to our choices/decission.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:25am On Oct 23, 2012
ogoamaka99: It seems that truthislight is still confused about opinion. I still repeat it, your interpretation of the BIBLE is based on personal opinion and the reason why there are differences in interpretation of the BIBLE is as a result of differences in opinion. I am still saying that your opinion are determined by YOUR FAITH, YOUR LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING, ETC . Look at what happened in Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Gal 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; so that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, If you, being a Jew, live after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compel you the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Here Paul had confrontation with Peter over a doctrinal issue. This was so because PETER AND PAUL had differences over that issue.

^^^ of what use then is the bible to us today then?

At that point did the apostles have the NT as we have it today for christians.

Since apostle paul was sent to the nation and peter to the Jews and they received instructions to that effect , how will peter have come to know what to do like paul did?

Did they not received revelations in parts?

Hmmm!
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2012
italo: @ Ogoamaka and Truthislight,

Very true, there was a confrontation on a doctrinal matter.

But how did they solve it?

Ogoamaka has been saying that each man should act according to his own opinion. Is that what Peter and Paul did? Did Peter go away and continue to live according to his opinion, while Paul went away living according to his own opinion?

Truthislight has been saying that we should look at what the Bible says (even though he hasn't been able to defend what he means by "what the Bible says"wink. Is that what Paul and Peter did? Did Peter and Paul search the Bible and come to an agreement on what it says?

How exactly did they solve this problem?

Perhaps we should learn from this Biblical example of solving doctrinal matters, shouldn't we?

Italio, your example is Good, but the incident in question took place befor the christian guide book the OT was written and it was those example and decission of this apostles that is the guide lines for christians today.

The OT covers all expects of a christians life that is necessary for his salvation.

"The things that were written affore times were written for our instructions"
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:35am On Oct 23, 2012
italo: @ Ogoamaka and Truthislight,

Very true, there was a confrontation on a doctrinal matter.

But how did they solve it?

Ogoamaka has been saying that each man should act according to his own opinion. Is that what Peter and Paul did? Did Peter go away and continue to live according to his opinion, while Paul went away living according to his own opinion?

Truthislight has been saying that we should look at what the Bible says (even though he hasn't been able to defend what he means by "what the Bible says"wink. Is that what Paul and Peter did? Did Peter and Paul search the Bible and come to an agreement on what it says?

How exactly did they solve this problem?

Perhaps we should learn from this Biblical example of solving doctrinal matters, shouldn't we?

Italio, your example is Good, but the incident in question took place befor the christian guide book the OT was written and it was those example and decission of this apostles that is the guide lines for christians today.

The OT covers all expects of a christians life that is necessary for his salvation.

Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by italo: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2012
truthislight:
well, then. At the end we get according to our choices/decission.

Should we take it that you don't know who has the authority to judge who is interpreting the Bible correctly and who is doing it wrong?
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by ogoamaka99(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2012
italo:

Should we take it that you don't know who has the authority to judge who is interpreting the Bible correctly and who is doing it wrong?
ITALO, you are still confusing issue about opinion. The choice you make in every thing not only religious matters are determined by your opinion. That is why what you choose, others may reject. And your choice is good or bad depending on your perception.

In christian community for instance, there are many pastors that ministers to hundreds of thousand every week. These people held these MOG in high esteem while in this forum few elements sees these men of GOD differently. The way you take a MOG is determined by the opinion you have about that MOG.

Our problem in this forum is that the opinion we have on any issue we tend to ENFORCE IT ON OTHERS.Anyone who sees it differently we take the person as not knowing any thing. I am saying that we should respect individual opinion.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Ubenedictus(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2012
frosbel: Personally it is not to form different camps or groups or even to attract followers , that we start and discuss certain topics.

It has to do with standing on the Word of GOD and not the words of MEN.

For example the catholic church like the Mormons cannot operate on Sola scriptura alone, their doctrines are heavy laden with tradition , which has corrupted the TRUTH and made it of no effect.

I must be honest, in the past my views were with the majority such as tithe , trinity etc. However when I started to look into the bible to validate the factuality of these doctrines , scripture refused to support them and so I had to discard.

Our understanding of the bible must always be based on the truth of scripture , not the reasoning of Men.
why will the catholic church use sola scriptural when scripture doesnt even support that rule? I go with verbum Dei.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by italo: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2012
truthislight:

So since you admit that Christians have been living Christian lives even before the NT was written, it means that one can live a good Christian life without the Bible. Yes or No?

At what point did the Bible then become, for you, the final authority on matters of faith? What year?

You said this example and decision is a guideline for Christians today? Are you sure you are following their example?

In Acts 15:1-31, you will see how the Apostles settled the dispute.

They called the first Church council and deliberated on the issue. Then Peter the head of the apostles declared his pronouncement and James confirmed it.

No argument, no reference to scripture, no individual interpretation of anything.

The Church hasn't changed till today. That is still how the Church settles doctrinal disputes and confusion. The last council was the Vatican II council. The Church is the Catholic Church.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by italo: 11:55am On Oct 23, 2012
ogoamaka99:
ITALO, you are still confusing issue about opinion. The choice you make in every thing not only religious matters are determined by your opinion. That is why what you choose, others may reject. And your choice is good or bad depending on your perception.

In christian community for instance, there are many pastors that ministers to hundreds of thousand every week. These people held these MOG in high esteem while in this forum few elements sees these men of GOD differently. The way you take a MOG is determined by the opinion you have about that MOG.

Our problem in this forum is that the opinion we have on any issue we tend to ENFORCE IT ON OTHERS.Anyone who sees it differently we take the person as not knowing any thing. I am saying that we should respect individual opinion.

I already said I agree that we should respect other people's opinions. Then I asked you: but should we accept other people's opinions as our final authority on matters of faith, or our own? Or should we take the opinions of the so-called MOGs as the final authority on matters of faith?

Who do you take as the final authority on matters of faith?

Your opinion?
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
italo:

So since you admit that Christians have been living Christian lives even before the NT was written, it means that one can live a good Christian life without the Bible. Yes or No?

At what point did the Bible then become, for you, the final authority on matters of faith? What year?

You said this example and decision is a guideline for Christians today? Are you sure you are following their example?

In Acts 15:1-31, you will see how the Apostles settled the dispute.

They called the first Church council and deliberated on the issue. Then Peter the head of the apostles declared his pronouncement and James confirmed it.

No argument, no reference to scripture, no individual interpretation of anything.

The Church hasn't changed till today. That is still how the Church settles doctrinal disputes and confusion. The last council was the Vatican II council. The Church is the Catholic Church.

there was no NT then, as such they the apostles were the authorities and it is this apostles that wrote the books called the NT

The NT writings are leters to christian congregations on how to conduct the church and the beliefs of the church thereof.

With this instructions the church is to operate.

This are the instructions of the apostles to christians and i stand by that.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Ubenedictus(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
truthislight:

there was no NT then, as such they the apostles were the authorities and it is this apostles that wrote the books called the NT

The NT writings are leters to christian congregations on how to conduct the church and the beliefs of the church thereof.

With this instructions the church is to operate.

This are the instructions of the apostles to christians and i stand by that.
did the apostles write to all the churches? Did they wish for their writting to be compiled? Did they wish to write without exception all they had received? Before 98ad the NT wasnt completed, before 385ad there was no generally accepted NT, So for over 300yrs the early church didnt have a bible. And today someone is telling me that the bible is d sole and final authority, were does the bible say so? Anytime i hear sumone talk about d SS doctrine i will tell that person it is unbiblical. Where did they get that from? That is a doctrine of men. What does 2 tim2:2 say?
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2012
Ubenedictus: did the apostles write to all the churches? Did they wish for their writting to be compiled? Did they wish to write without exception all they had received? Before 98ad the NT wasnt completed, before 385ad there was no generally accepted NT, So for over 300yrs the early church didnt have a bible. And today someone is telling me that the bible is d sole and final authority, were does the bible say so? Anytime i hear sumone talk about d SS doctrine i will tell that person it is unbiblical. Where did they get that from? That is a doctrine of men. What does 2 tim2:2 say?

this apostolic writings were hand copied from one congregation to another as paul commanded that they do.

He will ask them to collect from this congregation or that, or he will ask them to read the letter he sent to the other congregation.

Dont you read the bible to see this or you are just infested in saying that RCC gave us the bible?

*sigh*
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
I agree with italo.

There is one alone who holds all authority over the meanings of the Scriptures and all questions of life: the Lord God.

Saying the above means, ogoamaka, that the questions of life, whether Scriptural doctrine or whatever, are not open to private interpretation. You cannot say that colors are whatever we say they are. There is a definite color called red whether your eyes can perceive it or not. And the fact that some poor dude who is partially color-blind sees it as sort of grayish does not make it other than red, it just makes it indiscernible to him.

Now, even though that is the case, it is not Christ for anyone who perceives red to bully the color-blind guy into accepting the color to be red whether he can see it or not. There are two approaches open to the guy with better perception and they follow upon each other:

1. bear with the failings of the weak one and cover those failings just like soldiers protect the blind sides of one another in warfare. This does not mean to excuse such failures as though they were anything but. It means to rebuke the person and even in doing so, be very ready for every small sign that they are repenting and take hold of it to help them into the Truth.

2. be conscious that rebuke, whether soft/mild or sharp, is something that can either be accepted or rejected. So, if the brother/sister warned is unrepentant, they should be left alone, not bullied. Everyone has a right to reject God or accept Him. That is the ruling principle.

Now, as to how to know who is correct and is speaking the oracles (mind) of God (which is what prophecy is), we have the gift of reason. Among Christians, the faculty of reason is alive and well. Therefore, the Christians must powwow over every point of difficulty in living the Life of Christ. We are each given unique bits of the revelation of Christ. It is together that we come to see the whole picture, something Jesus meant when He spoke of being completely revealed in the midst of a gathering of two or three believers. If, for instance, a Christian falls upon the issue of tithing, it is very dangerous for him to sweep it under the carpet. He is better off discussing it with other brethren of his and being bold to put forth his arguments for it.

By the operation of reason governed by the Spirit of Christ, he will learn the truth through those whom the Lord had previously taught in the matter by experience. He will be able to see what is right or wrong with his arguments and right or wrong with his brothers' and sisters' argument. Thus, he is corrected and/or strengthened in the truth. Of course, it does not always happen all at once. It may take time but the sign of Christ is in the willingness of the brother to consider that he may be wrong. That willingness is what will help him recognize the lessons that the Holy Spirit will teach him in various experiences that will come his way with respect to the issue.

The sign of antichrist is simply a refusal to even consider that one is not the repository of all knowledge. At best, we are channels through which God pours out knowledge of Himself. We ourselves are not the source. But when one has been established in the truth regarding anything, that one can speak without wavering and his authority will be incontrovertible. BUT such an one is known by his pity and ability to accept rejection of the truth that he is in custody of without vengefulness.

In conclusion, it is indeed a matter of personal opinion, but opinion formed by the operation of the Holy Spirit through obedient experience and interaction with other believers. That is why the opinions of believers tend to agree.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by ogoamaka99(m): 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
My dear Ihedinobi, our different views in this thread is a result of our differences in opinion. You said that you agree with Italo and that is your opinion because another person may choose to disagree with italo.
Take for instance your illustration about red color, every body may see that the color is red but I may come and say that the color is gray and that is my opinion. I said that the color is gray not that it is gray but I perceived it to be gray. Another person may come and view the color differently.
Anyone who is seeing the color differently other than RED is expressing opinion and that is why I say that no matter how we view things is our personal opinion.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Ubenedictus(m): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
You are joking
truthislight:

this apostolic writings were hand copied from one congregation to another as paul commanded that they do.

He will ask them to collect from this congregation or that, or he will ask them to read the letter he sent to the other congregation.
show me where the bible say all the congregation had all pauls letter, can you do that The fact remain nobody who wrote was interested in puting everything that was revealed in ink, read 2 tim2:2 and u will see how they transmitted the word of God.

Dont you read the bible to see this or you are just infested in saying that RCC gave us the bible?
*sigh*
i read the bible very well and only a person wu is ignorant of scriptures will tell me that paul was writting a bible wen he wrote. Besides i hate your tune, if u wish to discuss with me next time do not mention d rcc in a insultive way or i will be very interested in doing same with the ur kingdom halls and d watchtower. If u want to be respected learn to respect.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Ubenedictus(m): 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
Ihedinobi: I agree with italo.

There is one alone who holds all authority over the meanings of the Scriptures and all questions of life: the Lord God.

Saying the above means, ogoamaka, that the questions of life, whether Scriptural doctrine or whatever, are not open to private interpretation. You cannot say that colors are whatever we say they are. There is a definite color called red whether your eyes can perceive it or not. And the fact that some poor dude who is partially color-blind sees it as sort of grayish does not make it other than red, it just makes it indiscernible to him.

Now, even though that is the case, it is not Christ for anyone who perceives red to bully the color-blind guy into accepting the color to be red whether he can see it or not. There are two approaches open to the guy with better perception and they follow upon each other:

1. bear with the failings of the weak one and cover those failings just like soldiers protect the blind sides of one another in warfare. This does not mean to excuse such failures as though they were anything but. It means to rebuke the person and even in doing so, be very ready for every small sign that they are repenting and take hold of it to help them into the Truth.

2. be conscious that rebuke, whether soft/mild or sharp, is something that can either be accepted or rejected. So, if the brother/sister warned is unrepentant, they should be left alone, not bullied. Everyone has a right to reject God or accept Him. That is the ruling principle.

Now, as to how to know who is correct and is speaking the oracles (mind) of God (which is what prophecy is), we have the gift of reason. Among Christians, the faculty of reason is alive and well. Therefore, the Christians must powwow over every point of difficulty in living the Life of Christ. We are each given unique bits of the revelation of Christ. It is together that we come to see the whole picture, something Jesus meant when He spoke of being completely revealed in the midst of a gathering of two or three believers. If, for instance, a Christian falls upon the issue of tithing, it is very dangerous for him to sweep it under the carpet. He is better off discussing it with other brethren of his and being bold to put forth his arguments for it.

By the operation of reason governed by the Spirit of Christ, he will learn the truth through those whom the Lord had previously taught in the matter by experience. He will be able to see what is right or wrong with his arguments and right or wrong with his brothers' and sisters' argument. Thus, he is corrected and/or strengthened in the truth. Of course, it does not always happen all at once. It may take time but the sign of Christ is in the willingness of the brother to consider that he may be wrong. That willingness is what will help him recognize the lessons that the Holy Spirit will teach him in various experiences that will come his way with respect to the issue.

The sign of antichrist is simply a refusal to even consider that one is not the repository of all knowledge. At best, we are channels through which God pours out knowledge of Himself. We ourselves are not the source. But when one has been established in the truth regarding anything, that one can speak without wavering and his authority will be incontrovertible. BUT such an one is known by his pity and ability to accept rejection of the truth that he is in custody of without vengefulness.

In conclusion, it is indeed a matter of personal opinion, but opinion formed by the operation of the Holy Spirit through obedient experience and interaction with other believers. That is why the opinions of believers tend to agree.
in summary, there is truth and yet everybody sees d truth thru their different lens, from different perspectives. That doesnt mean the truth has changed it means it is hardly understood. At the end of the story everybody can only accept that which seem sensible to them, it is all opinion. I cant find a difference btw ur arguement and that of ogoamaka.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: in summary, there is truth and yet everybody sees d truth thru their different lens, from different perspectives. That doesnt mean the truth has changed it means it is hardly understood. At the end of the story everybody can only accept that which seem sensible to them, it is all opinion. I cant find a difference btw ur arguement and that of ogoamaka.

Please reread the concluding paragraph. To explain that paragraph yet again, opinions are personal understanding or comprehension of matters. For this reason, one cannot be said to have understood any matter unless they can express a unique view of it. Personal opinion is not an enemy to the Gospel.

However, how opinions are formed determines their correctness. I said that the Christian's opinion is not formed in isolation. It is educated by the Holy Spirit through his brother and sister believers and through obedient experience, that is, obedience to the revelation/understanding he has received. Through these, he is corrected and his opinion shaped to the Truth.

As a result, he ends up in total agreement with the Lord and therefore with the Church.

Evidently then, I do not agree that varying opinions are acceptable in the Church. The unity of the Church is absolute, but it is not brought about by slavery.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by italo: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Please reread the concluding paragraph. To explain that paragraph yet again, opinions are personal understanding or comprehension of matters. For this reason, one cannot be said to have understood any matter unless they can express a unique view of it. Personal opinion is not an enemy to the Gospel.

However, how opinions are formed determines their correctness. I said that the Christian's opinion is not formed in isolation. It is educated by the Holy Spirit through his brother and sister believers and through obedient experience, that is, obedience to the revelation/understanding he has received. Through these, he is corrected and his opinion shaped to the Truth.

As a result, he ends up in total agreement with the Lord and therefore with the Church.

Evidently then, I do not agree that varying opinions are acceptable in the Church. The unity of the Church is absolute, but it is not brought about by slavery.

When you say "The Church," which one are you talking about?

The Lord's Chosen, Christ Embassy, RCCG, Synagogue, Winners' Chapel, Household of God, House on the Rock, Assemblies of God, Deeper Life, Christ Apostolic Church, Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim & Seraphim, Methodist, Anglican, Baptist, Presbyterian etc?

Be specific and to the point; which Church?
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Zikkyy(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:

What is the population of Christians with opinion of their own. Ogoamaka's opinion is the opinion of his/her pastor. This is one reason i am of the view your path to correctness will not be achieved 95% (or more) of the time. For most churches, what is correct is what the church leader(s) has taken as correct. Very few of posters actually come here with an opinion of their own.

My thoughts smiley
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2012
italo:

The Lord's Chosen, Christ Embassy, RCCG, Synagogue, Winners' Chapel, Household of God, House on the Rock, Assemblies of God, Deeper Life, Christ Apostolic Church, Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim & Seraphim, Methodist, Anglican, Baptist, Presbyterian etc?

Just say the Catholic church and her daughters , lol. grin

1 Like

Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
italo:

My brother (as I believe you are), there is only one Church and it's none of these which you have mentioned, though in all or some of them may be found something of Her.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

What is the population of Christians with opinion of their own. Ogoamaka's opinion is the opinion of his/her pastor. This is one reason i am of the view your path to correctness will not be achieved 95% (or more) of the time. For most churches, what is correct is what the church leader(s) has taken as correct. Very few of posters actually come here with an opinion of their own.

My thoughts smiley

I get what you're saying. However, people without their own personal appreciation of Christ are not reckoned with spiritually. See Daniel 11:32.

Also this "path of mine" is not really mine smiley See Colossians 3:18 and Luke 16:10. Whether it works all the time or only sometimes, it is the only way. Where it fails it is not being followed.

We will not come to the fullness of Christ by either dependence or independence but by interdependence. We will learn through other believers and faithful obedience to the understanding we have received. There is no other path to the fullness of Christ.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
ogoamaka99: My dear Ihedinobi, our different views in this thread is a result of our differences in opinion. You said that you agree with Italo and that is your opinion because another person may choose to disagree with italo.
Take for instance your illustration about red color, every body may see that the color is red but I may come and say that the color is gray and that is my opinion. I said that the color is gray not that it is gray but I perceived it to be gray. Another person may come and view the color differently.
Anyone who is seeing the color differently other than RED is expressing opinion and that is why I say that no matter how we view things is our personal opinion.

Just so that I understand you correctly, are you saying that it does not matter if opinions are contrary? That is, that truth is relative and therefore is anything we individually opine it to be?
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Zikkyy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:
We will learn through other believers and faithful obedience to the understanding we have received.

'faithful obedience to the understanding we have received'. Hmmm. what if the understanding is from a wrong source?
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
Zikkyy:

'faithful obedience to the understanding we have received'. Hmmm. what if the understanding is from a wrong source?

We have a teacher, guide and caretaker. Unlike His human imitators, He is able to completely sympathize with us. He knows that we are dust and He treats us with respect to our infirmities. If we faithfully follow a wrong understanding, because He knows that it is Christ for Whom we are reaching, He arranges our environment to correct us.

This is why humility is invaluable to the Christian. An arrogant person would completely miss all the warnings and rebukes of the Holy Spirit until finally he goes into perdition. I could tell you my own story but, apart from my desire to remain to some degree anonymous, I would rather appeal to the authority of the Bible. The Christian who holds tenaciously to an error even when the Lord has called him out of it stagnates and becomes useless to the Lord, though he never loses his salvation. Such Christians are by no means rare. They're the overwhelming majority but even though they are so, their Redeemer yet lives.

The place of the more mature believer is to teach what he has been taught. If it is received, he has won his brother. If it is not, he must leave that one after he has rebuked them twice and trust them to the Lord. Any attempt to the contrary will usurp Jesus's authority over His flock and will divide the sheep. I think that we need look no further than the vast array of denominations and conflicting theologies to see the truth of this.
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: You are joking show me where the bible say all the congregation had all pauls letter, can you do that The fact remain nobody who wrote was interested in puting everything that was revealed in ink, read 2 tim2:2 and u will see how they transmitted the word of God.

i read the bible very well and only a person wu is ignorant of scriptures will tell me that paul was writting a bible wen he wrote. Besides i hate your tune, if u wish to discuss with me next time do not mention d rcc in a insultive way or i will be very interested in doing same with the ur kingdom halls and d watchtower. If u want to be respected learn to respect.

Well, if you have not red where apostle paul ask that a letter he sent to one congregation be copied and sent to another, then i cant really help you, and not on this thread.
Peace
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Ubenedictus(m): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I get what you're saying. However, people without their own personal appreciation of Christ are not reckoned with spiritually. See Daniel 11:32.

Also this "path of mine" is not really mine smiley See Colossians 3:18 and Luke 16:10. Whether it works all the time or only sometimes, it is the only way. Where it fails it is not being followed.

We will not come to the fullness of Christ by either dependence or independence but by interdependence. We will learn through other believers and faithful obedience to the understanding we have received. There is no other path to the fullness of Christ.
love this
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by Ubenedictus(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
truthislight:

Well, if you have not red where apostle paul ask that a letter he sent to one congregation be copied and sent to another, then i cant really help you, and not on this thread.
Peace
u are simply jumping, my question remains did every congregation have every of pauls letters? Give me an honest answer
Re: It Is A Matter Of Personal Opinion by truthislight: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: u are simply jumping, my question remains did every congregation have every of pauls letters? Give me an honest answer

is that a valid question?

Is the bible dedicated to the kind of writing the congregation had or it is for the teachings of the apostles?

I told you that paul asked that his letter to another congregation be copied and given to another and as such, the early christians hand copied the apostles writing like it was done for the OT.

What has that to do with your question?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Samson Make Heaven? / Don’t Break The Hedge! / 45 Wonderful Quotes On Faith To Keep You Going. And You Can Also Add Yours!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.