Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! (1088 Views)

Oh My Gosh! See The Most Tattooed Couple In Britain / Just Saw This Photo On Instergram, Nairalanders Do U Agree / Photo: Human Body Parts In High Demand In Germany Supermarkets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 18, 2012
Just Coming from Asaba to Lagos, the vehicle i boarded pass thru Ore road, then all of a sudden i had a glimpse of a dead female body lying along d roadside with flies and worms all over. After 10secs of drivin by, i saw sellers busy with their business, unconcerned abt d body and d smell emanating from it. My heart bleeds at d disgusting & horrifying sight as i type this. Nigerians, what are u doing in ur own ways to glorify this country? Must u always depend on the federal govt to develop Nigeria? Personally, i believe that corpse could have been dumped in d morgue if d people around dat vicinity are concerned & coperative Nigerians. Pls, let s join hands 2geda with d govt of this country to create a better NIGERIA.
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by alex406(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
I dont doubt it,i also experienced same thing on that same place last year,its quite humourous that we no longer value life in this part of the world. It saddens my heart to see people do their normal daily activities beside a place where corpse is dumped.
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by 19naia(m): 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2012
I have been wondering if the worst inhumanities of nigeria have changed since i left there 22 years ago...It seems that this post tells of the same i witnessed in 1985 of woman dead in the sreet for 2 days before removed by family...also in 1988 i remeber on the hiway out side boarding shcool compound,a lady had been hit and killed by car and we would escape the compound on free time to go and see the body,and for almost a week she lay there before being removed....How long will it take for these things to change?? It require good ambulance service and telphone response team to change these things as average citizens are not equipped to do it themselves and also superstitious beliefs about touching strange dead bodies
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Seun(m): 12:15am On Nov 01, 2012
19naia: also in 1988 i remeber on the hiway out side boarding shcool compound,a lady had been hit and killed by car and we would escape the compound on free time to go and see the body,and for almost a week she lay there before being removed....How long will it take for these things to change??
Things will change when people like you start doing something about it instead of complaining that other people did not do anything.

5 Likes

Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 01, 2012
What really scares me most is an average Nigerian's insensitivity to the loss of human life. It's almSt like an everyday affair. I still remember vividly as a kid stepping on an aboki's spilt blood on the pavement at Maryland while visiting a family friend on new years day. His body just layed there lifeless.
I also remember walking past a decapitated head around Redemption camp Lagos Ibadan road.
Burnt bodies here and there. Aluu 4 says it all.
For a couple of days after watching that video, every other unknown person around me was like a beast in human flesh.
And truly, that's what we are. Everyone just tries to cover it up and pretend to be civilized.

We Nigerians and Africans in general have a very long way to
go.
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by okeyxyz(m): 3:03am On Nov 01, 2012
Seun:
Things will change when people like you start doing something about it instead of complaining that other people did not do it.

oga seun, what did you expect him to have done? Do you expect him to usurp the power of the police, fire service, ambulance or whatever personnel is in charge of handling corpses? Did you think nobody called the police? did they have the means to call the police if they wanted to? What is the number for the emergency services in nigeria? is it 999, 911 or 199? Do you get an answer when you call any of these numbers?

I wish nigerians would stop reciting these "brainwashed" mantras of "why don't you do it, government cannot do everything...". How do you expect a civilian to handle a dead body? A situation which is likely a crime scene and therefore requiring special training in handling and investigation by the appropriate authorities. The police in any country would detain you for questioning when you are transporting a dead body, let alone our nigerian police and the horrors that they can bring on you. Yet the average nigerian has been brainwashed to believe that their government owes them nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 01, 2012
Dude did you do anything more than just dialing your phone? Did you physically go hustle the authorities in charge and make them see reason to do thier job? We need to always go the extra mile instead of doing the easy government blame game rant.
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Seun(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2012
honeypie311: Personally, i believe that corpse could have been dumped in d morgue if d people around dat vicinity are concerned & cooperative Nigerians.
Since you were so concerned, why couldn't you dump the body in the morgue yourself? Aren't you a "concerned and cooperative Nigerian"?
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2012
Seun:
Since you were so concerned, why couldn't you dump the body in the morgue yourself? Aren't you a "concerned and cooperative Nigerian"?
Lord have mercy! grin grin grin I'm pretty sure she would end up even worse than that dead body. Probably burnt and unrecognizable by the time and angry Mod accuses her of ritual killing and all what not. undecided
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Seun:
O yea, i shld have alighted from a moving bus or rather tell d driver to stop and delay other passengers cos i'm d only concerned fellow in d bus right? Trust me, if dat had happened around my vicinity, i would not hesistate to get smetin done. I hate it wen pple have to wait 4 d govt to get evrytin done 4 them. Lets assume those pple reported d issue to d police and no response came, couldnt they ve clean d mess up themselves, afterall who suffers at d end?
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Brand_new:
Lord have mercy! grin grin grin I'm pretty sure she would end up even worse than that dead body. Probably burnt and unrecognizable by the time and angry Mod accuses her of ritual killing and all what not. undecided
i never knew u are dis disgusting!
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by 19naia(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
The truth is that we all need to take what responsibility we can and i wont deny that,even when i was a boy in boarding school,i we went to see that body and all we talked about was what the right thing to do is,and we were not even allowed out to go see,we broke shcool rules..when we told our seniors about it,they said they already knew and told the school authorities and still the body lay there even after family worked everyday to find the right vehicle and maybe no money to afford it and try find people who knew how to prepare the body for funeral.....More important is to criticize within full context of the situation and LOOK TO THE KIND OF PERSON THAT KILLED HER ON THE ROAD WITH THE CAR AND DID NOTHING BUT GO AND LEAVE THE PROBLEM AT THE YOUNG BOYS SCHOOL....I am a man today and cannot disagree with SEUNS complaint and have better understanding of the difficulties involved in doing something about it.....When i was a boy,i remeber pleading with my sisters to my uncle to go back and help the man he had just hit with his car..uncle forbid us to speak or to tell of it...We told our father what happened and the next day we drove by ,no body but a big pool of blood and th story of the man having died...My uncle was a drunken driver that night and my father eventually could not endure his company......Among the proffessionals of the world for these issues,the procedure is not to move the body and to contact proper medical and crime authorities.In Nigeria that is a big problem and the reason why not enough is done about bodies on the street...it truly is an issue of the proper authorities in disarray..
Re: Arrrgh...gosh!! Just Saw A Fermented Human Body! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
honeypie311: i never knew u are dis disgusting!
Just saying it the way it is. Sorry...

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Lost His Father Today / Man Stabs Roommate For Making Noise During Sex (PHOTOS) / What could this be? (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.