Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Airtel With Netwok Busy Problems - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel With Netwok Busy Problems (2212 Views)

How To Get 3gb On Airtel With Just N1000 And N1500 / Get 50mb Data Plan From Airtel With #100 Daily And Weekly / Browse Gmail, Google Search, Google+free On Airtel With Google Freezone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel With Netwok Busy Problems by luluosas(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
I thought with the availability of Airtel’s 3.75G network across Nigeria, that their services including voices and USSD will be just perfect, when using it. However, this is not the case with my experience this evening on Airtel.
Being that it has been long I used my Airtel for data services, some days ago, I thought of trying it out when my monthly subscription to Glo’s Always Micro expired. I bought Airtel N200 recharge card, with the intention of subscribing to their 3 days N200 25Mb data plan. That day, I had earlier dialed 141, where I listened to the different info available, including the options of buying data plans. So, immediately I connected my Laptop via Bluetooth, using my phone (LG GX500) as a Modem, which currently has problems with the soft keyboard, I forgot to buy the plan I earlier thought to buy. So, within 40 minutes on the internet, lo and behold, the N200 was exhausted. Anyway, I don’t border because, I do really enjoyed myself surfing on the Airtel’s 3.75G network, which was displaying 3G on my LG PC Suite. That was some days back, I think about 4 to 5 days ago or thereabout.
So today, I thought of buying Airtel data plan again. I then bought N100 Airtel recharge card, so as to subscribe for their 10Mb data plan. Now, because it has really been long I used the data service, I have forgotten the various activation codes, so I decided to dial 141 so that I can listen to the activation codes and subscribe. For Airtel users, I know that you know 141 is Airtel’s self care service, which ordinarily should never face the challenges as regular calls do.
Now, my several calls to 141 were never connecting as ‘network busy’ was always displaying at every attempt I make. I then resolved to finally call Airtel’s customer care on 111 and behold, the same network busy was the result. This issue of network busy appeared alien to me now because, I can’t remember when last I saw this on my Glo line for a very long time.
Why is this becoming an issue? I decided to post about it because, with the boast of Airtel that, 3.75G network is now available all over Nigeria, they should be at the forefront of offering quality service. Even Glo with 2G in my current location does not give me any issue both in voice and data platforms.
Did I have what I desired? Never! I then subscribed to Glo N100 10Mb data plan, quickly Google the net to get the USSD codes for Airtel data plans, including visiting Nairaland and thank God, http://www..com/ng/telecommunications/11964-airtel-nigeria-internet-data-bundle-plans.html gave me the options I was searching for. After this, I shut down my browsing and check my balance, which now remain 6Mb. Then again, I tried several times to still buy the N100 Airtel’s data plan using the USSD *141*712*11# which I got from the address above, but all my attempts never went through. What is really wrong with this Airtel network?
As a result of the frustrations I felt with Airtel, I decided to write about it using MS Word. By the time I am posting it, surely it will be with my Glo, which in the first place does not fail me but, just to test how others are doing these days with their data services and Airtel fall my hands. I know that every network have their peculiar issues at any given time, but, I didn’t expect this from Airtel this evening. So, Airtel users, is anything wrong with your network? Just asking!

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix "There Is A Problem Parsing Thos Package" On Android / MTN Is Giving Out Free Airtime. Get Yours Now! / The Smartphone You've Been Asking For Is Finally Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.