Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,922 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:03 PM

Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos (10191 Views)

It's Easier To Rob In Ghana Than Nigeria - Robbery Suspect / Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) / Robbers Disguise As Hawkers In Traffic — Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by etunoman76(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
The yuletide season is quite around the corner and desperate measures have been devised by dare-devil armed robbers to rob their victims of their valuables in some parts of Lagos State.It was learnt that the men of the under world now disguise as beggars to snatch valuables from their unsuspecting victims. Their targets are often lone occupants of posh and exotic cars, they dispose them of their most expensive items ranging from laptops, phones, money and jeweleries.The hoodlums, who usually operate between the hours of 5-9pm are always armed to teeth with dangerous weapons such as knives and shotguns (carefully stuck in their dresses).

It was also gathered that some of them had formed the habit of disguising as a handicapped and beggars to deceive their prey and rob them in the process.
Areas in Lagos state that are well known for such ugly activities are Mile Two Bridge; Coconut and Apapa, all on Oshodi-Apapa Expressway.

Recalling, how he escaped death by the whiskers in the hands of beggars- turned armed robbers, Mr. Lucky Uduikhue, a managing director of an information and computer technology firm said he was robbed three times within one month in the same Oshodi-Apapa area.

Disclosing their modus operandi, Uduikhue said the robbers usually threaten their victims saying , ‘I need N5, 000. If you respect yourself, bring the money. They will point gun at you.’

And failure to grant their request would incur their wrath; they would either vandalism the car of the victim or physically attack their target leaving him or her with injuries.

“For many months now, motorists who drive through Mile 2 lose valuable items to robbers. As from 5pm, they have become kings of the road. Funny, they pretend as people begging for money but they end up robbing motorists of their valuables.
If one fails to give them money, they would break one’s side screen and take whatever they lay their hands on and flee.
This is a daily occurrence starting from Auto Wharf to Mile 2 Bridge up to Mile 2/Oshodi junction. Their target is always on big money, phones and laptops and they focus on big cars and vehicles whose drivers are alone. I have been a victim several times.
I have reported several times to the policemen on duty at the Mile 2 bridge and have also called 112 police emergency number for the same complaint with both the police and the receiver of the police emergency number promising to take urgent action, yet nothing seems to have been done as the hoodlums are still operating uncaught and unhindered.”
Another motorist, Jonah Okorie, who was once a victim of robbery attack on the same route expressed his anger over the nonchalant attitude of some policemen at the checkpoint who were busy arresting okada riders while he was being robbed and they never bothered about what was happening to him.

Yet another victim of the trending robbery acts, who gave her name as Blessing narrated how she was dispossessed of her laptop, BlackBerry and telephone sets.
“I can never forget that fateful day. It was early October. I was going to Apapa. At Mile 2, there was a hold-up. One man, dressed like a beggar came and begged me for money.

I told him I did not have. I thought he understood me. Before I could move further, he brought a hammer and hit my side door. In the process, he made away with my laptops and other valuables. In fact, my entire day was disorganised because I lost a lot of data with the laptop,” she said.
However, when contacted, the Lagos State Police Public Relation Officer, Ngozi Braide, claimed that the police had not received such complaints.
“We are not aware of that. Find out if the victims actually reported to the police and the station. All the same, the information is noted,” she said.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/16/how-robbers-now-disguise-beggars-rob-victims-lagos/
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2012
What?! That's interesting. They are now creating problems for the poorest of the poor. The criminal minded people of Nigeria are just pure evils!

1 Like

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2012
More reasons for the government to clear beggars off our streets!

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 19, 2012
My own na to waka pass!
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by ebamma(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2012
boys are not smiling
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Frosti(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2012
What will we not see or hear of in this country?
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by omosexy1: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2012
I have been a victim around Oshodi - Apapa expressway. Very young boys, one of them came to my window indicating that he wants to eat and I should wind down. I was contemplating giving him money while the lady on my passenger side warned me not to wind down. I tried delay tactics because there was traffic. Suddenly I saw 3 other guys coming, hitting and pushing my car. I had to swerve to the other lane James Bond style. I bashed my vehicle, bad dent but I thank God. So can someone tell that Ngozi of a b.i.t.c.h that she should stop covering up the inadequacies of the Nigerian Police Force Lagos State Command
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by born2boink(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2012
Wetin boys no fit do for money making, boys must drink, Bleep,eat and pay girlfriend constantly and if one person packs all, another person estort part its, them for dey rob politicians ,not hardworking innocent citizen, me tire for dis country ja re!
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2012
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by free2ryhme: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2012
the reports are true.. during the hours of 5 - 9pm along mile2-oshodi expressway these guys are having a filled day disposing people of their belongings and gadgets... A colleague of mine almost got his BB snatched in a bus luckily for him the robber was able to get a way with his bb case. At another time a white lady in a taxi was being followed by these guys with the intention of robbing her luckily the taxi driver was smart had to quickly wind up all the glasses .. if you drive on that route in your private car don't display your bags, fones or laptops in your car lock them away in your booth. dont even ping self them dey snatch bb like spirit.. remove your jewelries and key them away.. always white up your car glasses for your own safety... The police there are of no use .. I dont know what is there problem with okadas..instead of patrolling the area to discourage these hoodlums cum thieves.. you would be shocked that they work hand in hand with these scums
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by acidtalk: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2012
goon:
Abeg make them stop the robbism...

You are pathetic.
You had to quote the entire write-up just to write this nonsense?

12 Likes

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 19, 2012
You will see them standing on mile 2 bridge just looking at you. The thing is dis, don't look at them eye ball to eye ball it attracts them to you. Dis happen in the afternoon by 1:30PM on mile 2 bridge. You will see some group of boys pretending to help you avoid a pothole, the next thing they will try to see if the doors are open if not open they will point a gun at you to give them your phone. All dis while you are still trying to come out of the pothole. Immediately I saw dat one of them was coming towards me I quickly turn my steering and started heading to apapa. Not like its safe in apapa but at dat moment apapa its like heaven to me.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by solemate: 10:18am On Oct 19, 2012
These reports are true, about 4 of my colleagues are victims of these robberies especially at Mile 2 bridge, the chief security of My company have called the DPO of both kirikiri Police station and mile 2 all claimed that its not their jurisdiction

useless police in lagos
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by bid4rich(m): 10:27am On Oct 19, 2012
Me, I drive bullet-proof car and have a licence gun but if they try me! Hmm, na fastest finger o, I will ''kill them ALL''

Spartacus
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2012
bid4rich: Me, I drive bullet-proof car and have a licence gun but if they try me! Hmm, na fastest finger o, I will ''kill them ALL''

Spartacus

You try shaa...
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2012
Idle yor.uba.h boys tormenting innocent citizenry.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Rooneyboy(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2012
Now they are having a swell time stealing randomly, when hey are caught and burnt , people will start shouting "because of ordinary laptop".
For me I'm ready to crush anybody that tries any stunt with me to death without blinking.

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by IbroSaunks(m): 10:49am On Oct 19, 2012
Sad thing for me is I live close to that area sad
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2012
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2012
okpara ugo: Idle yor.uba.h boys tormenting innocent citizenry.
who told you they are yorubas, many of them are from barracks abandoned by their parents who was probably posted to serve in lagos from your area,
That is my route everyday, they robbed people right in front of me one day,smatching windscreens with their tools,breaking boots and taking anything they can lay their hands on.
how to identify some of them:
they always move in group of 3-6 , and well positioned, looking up and down
they always stay close to pot holes,
they always wear blacks, especially at nights
look at their legs, you will probably see canvas or tennis, so that they can easily run when challenged.
Next time , you see such people, you know what to do.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Ibaku(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2012
acidtalk:

You are pathetic.
You had to quote the entire write-up just to write this nonsense?
I wonder ! U took †ђε̲ words outta M̶̲̥̅γ mouth.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Rooneyboy(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2012
uihebom: You will see them standing on mile 2 bridge just looking at you. The thing is dis, don't look at them eye ball to eye ball it attracts them to you. Dis happen in the afternoon by 1:30PM on mile 2 bridge. You will see some group of boys pretending to help you avoid a pothole, the next thing they will try to see if the doors are open if not open they will point a gun at you to give them your phone. All dis while you are still trying to come out of the pothole. Immediately I saw dat one of them was coming towards me I quickly turn my steering and started heading to apapa. Not like its safe in apapa but at dat moment apapa its like heaven to me.
very true bro, they are always lurking on that mile 2 bridge.
Me I'm always very cautious of their presence and ready to take them unawares.
Until then will they know that indeed we've got MAD Nigerians in suit
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by doctokwus: 11:04am On Oct 19, 2012
goon:
Abeg make them stop the robbism...
U deserve a hard smack on d face to bring u to ur senses,u quoted d entire post just to typr dis rubbish.
@topic,if not tackled& arrested fast,dis menace wi spread to oda parts of d city& d country bc d level of criminality is on d increase due to combined effects of poverty,unemployment,corruption,govt's harsh policies on dose legitimately tryin to eke out a living by engaging in menial activities,yet either av their places of biz destroyed or unable to cope wt d harsh conditions imposed
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2012
okpara ugo: Idle yor.uba.h boys tormenting innocent citizenry.
Stuuupid ibo boy, always scamming people. You want us to start tribalism war again? I dunno what is wrong with some of you people sef.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by laksides: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2012
Not to talk of oko efo @ iyano iba along igando road. Beside december don near now, boys no go show face 4 village as a big boy?
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by etunoman76(m): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2012
If these criminals are so bold as to perpetrate such crime with impunity, then I'm ashamed of our law enforcement officers, especially the police, standing back and coming up with all sorts of lame excuses. The areas mentioned are dark spots, so the police should work under-cover to arrest this menace before it snowballs into something else, except they are working hand in glove with the criminals
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by kambah(m): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2012
and if fashola dey introduce dem go say him no like people. Lagos of today no bf lag of tinubu ooo
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2012
If these robbers are caught and killed, people will be screaming blue murder. Imagine Police claiming an area of robbery aint in his jurisdiction? If any robbers are caught red-handed, kill the forsaken fellow.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by lexylexy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
These guys rob anything-motorists,okada and even pedestrians all on this same mile 2 brigde. One day as I dropped frm an okada on mile 2 around 8pm,one of them came to me that I shuld find them somtin. As a sure boi,I quickly gave d okada man N500 and told d riff-raff to collect d change frm d okada man and took to ma heels grin
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by yinchar(m): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
And if they are caught and planked to death like ALUU 4 some people will be screaming blue murder.....For me once this boys are caught, let them be burnt and roasted alive, the ease and confidence this robbers are operating is getting too much is it only us.....have been in India for 3 years never heard of a single robbery incident.....why Nigeria always.....give them jungle justice quick and fast and send tem to hell they dont deserve to be living in a civilized environment.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by gajike: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
yinchar: And if they are caught and planked to death like ALUU 4 some people will be screaming blue murder.....For me once this boys are caught, let them be burnt and roasted alive, the ease and confidence this robbers are operating is getting too much is it only us.....have been in India for 3 years never heard of a single robbery incident.....why Nigeria always.....give them jungle justice quick and fast and send term to hell they don't deserve to be living in a civilized environment.

What a stupid comparison. are you saying aluu4 are rubbers? i don't think normal blood is ruining in your veins.
the whole world is condemning killing of 4 innocent lives and you are here comparing them with mile 12 armed robbers.
how would you feel if they are your brothers. ok if you justify jungle justice, one day your car will break down at mile2 bridge, u will be stranded while people will mistake you for those robbers and burn you to death.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by texazzpete(m): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
yinchar: And if they are caught and planked to death like ALUU 4 some people will be screaming blue murder.....For me once this boys are caught, let them be burnt and roasted alive, the ease and confidence this robbers are operating is getting too much is it only us.....have been in India for 3 years never heard of a single robbery incident.....why Nigeria always.....give them jungle justice quick and fast and send tem to hell they dont deserve to be living in a civilized environment.

You're a m0r0n. Simple and short.

You don't even see the irony in babbling about 'civilized environment' while exhorting folks to burn people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DPO Who UnCloth And Beat Masquerade In Public At Abeokuta is Dead / Troops Arrest Ex-Police Officer, Partner With 320 Blocks Of Weed / Linda Osualla, NTA Reporter Kidnapped In Aba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.