Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos (10140 Views)

It's Easier To Rob In Ghana Than Nigeria - Robbery Suspect / Brothers Arrested For Using Mom’s Car To Rob In Lagos (pictured) / Robbers Disguise As Hawkers In Traffic — Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
IbroSaunks: Sad thing for me is I live close to that area sad

Nah ur people nah.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
*dhtml:

Stuuupid ibo boy, always scamming people. You want us to start tribalism war again? I dunno what is wrong with some of you people sef.

I just said my mind. Sorry@if u@hurting... lipsrsealed
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by 1forall: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
etunoman76:
The Lagos State Police Public Relation Officer, Ngozi Braide, claimed that the police had not received such complaints.“We are not aware of that. Find out if the victims actually reported to the police and the station. All the same, the information is noted,” she said.

For me, the quoted portion appears to be where the understanding of the problem/potential solution lies.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by totorimi: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
okpara ugo: Idle yor.uba.h boys tormenting innocent citizenry.

Shut up your stinking vocal cavity, because everybody can type doesn't mean that everybody has common sense. The bulk of boys doing this rubbish are Ibos and miscreants in Lagos. The mere fact that it thrives in Mile2 and that Okoko area tells you it is Ibos, they are the ones who are prevalent in that area.
I have been robbed in similar manner more than 4 times at upper Iweka in Onitsha. Is that Yoruba people as well. Now since 2008 I have vowed never to drive my car towards that area again. Look let us speak the truth until all miscreants are picked up and sent away from Lagos, this nonsense will persist.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by manibuds(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
from some of the post,it is clear that these criminals are operating without hindrance but we are too weak or cowardly to do anything about it,meanwhile hoping that these wild dogs bites the cub of a lion in the society who will in turn move in on them with a truck load of men in uniforms(army,navy,airforce,mopol etc)and give them whats coming to them and maybe an unfortunate bystander or newly initiated miscreant as well.if police cant or wont do something,what of our journalist?if a reporter goes there and let these 'boys' know that lagosians are accusing them of committing all the robberies on the bridge,i am sure their responses will make things clearer,it might just be an entirely different crew committing the crime.this bridge must be under a local govt chairman's jurisdiction,as well as a counselor,senator and aspiring equivalents looking for opportunities to prove that the incumbents are ineffective.wait a minute,did the victims even report their ordeal sef?
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by ichommy(m): 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
Mtcheww
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Horus(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
Are you aware that there are robbers who disguise as politicians?. They loot Billions every years.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by ifeomabernard(f): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
Josh090: More reasons for the government to clear beggars off our streets!
Well saiD
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by etunoman76(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
1forall:

For me, the quoted portion appears to be where the understanding of the problem/potential solution lies.

Is it now the job of journalists to investigate crime for the police? Mrs Ngozi can't sincerely claim she wasn't aware of the situation. I believe she reads newspapers and also gets online, she must have read or heard it somewhere before now. I guess it's convenient for her to be in denial. Now that she knows, I hope something is done, fast
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by ifeomabernard(f): 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
And the useless policemen are just around the corner collecting #20
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by naturalwaves: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
That Lagos state Police PRO, Mrs Ngozi Braide is a bloody liar and her attitude is so disgusting. There is nothing on earth that she would have heard of, she is always claiming she is unaware of even the most basic and well circulated info. Is that the dictate of her Profession? RUBBISH!!!!!!!!
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by mamagee3(f): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
It's nothing new!!"

Some robbers disguise as beggars to get information on their victims
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by erniok(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
naturalwaves: That Lagos state Police PRO, Mrs Ngozi Braide is a bloody liar and her attitude is so disgusting. There is nothing on earth that she would have heard of, she is always claiming she is unaware of even the most basic and well circulated info. Is that the dictate of her Profession? RUBBISH!!!!!!!!
my brother, i tire for the woman. i wrote her off when the police killed that newly wed guy and she was busy talking from both sides of her big mouth. they should replace her with someone who is more professional.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by Billygee2u: 5:04am On Oct 20, 2012
Do we need a prphet to tell us that those crooks are erand boys of the NIGERIAN POLITHIEFING,yeye Police? If nigerins are people who are organised,honestly the people operating,I mean driving on the effected roads,will just organised themselves and protest against the evil policemen on those routes.After the protest the stupid and arrogant Police kiniko kiniko called Ngozi( enemy of the masses),will never deny again that she is encompetent and never care for the welfare of Nigerians.
The praised Governor,Fashola,has he never heard about this evil reports?
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by whitecat007: 7:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
most armed robbers in nigeria are ibos.
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by lexylexy(m): 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
yinchar: And if they are caught and planked to death like ALUU 4 some people will be screaming blue murder.....For me once this boys are caught, let them be burnt and roasted alive, the ease and confidence this robbers are operating is getting too much is it only us.....have been in India for 3 years never heard of a single robbery incident.....why Nigeria always.....give them jungle justice quick and fast and send tem to hell they dont deserve to be living in a civilized environment.

@yinka, pple like u shuld be arrested for makin such emotionless comments. Even d aluu community demselves knw those boys were innocent. Why make such arrogant nd careless statement. So because u are on nairaland u tink say we knw fit trace u? We go catch u! U will regret dis comment. We go see tongue
Re: Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob In Lagos by patrickgeddes: 9:36am On Aug 20, 2015
anyways ..... jungle justice can somettimes be d best cos our judiciary system is not only ineffetive buy also rotten by corruption. u wont be surprise if at d end of d day dat man is walking freely on dat street where he allegedly stole d car.... if his case was to be ruled by judiciary.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapped Epe Pupils: Parents Hold Thanksgiving, Share Testimonies / NURTW To Combat Highway Crimes With E-Tracking / Maio Joe Facing A Lengthy Prison Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.