Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates (14769 Views)

ICC Warrant Of Arrest My Fears For PMB / Supreme Court Today Signed The Death Warrant Of Nigerians Come 2019 / Breaking News!!! court Issued Warrant Of Arrest Against TKO ALUKO For Perjury. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by perez019(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2012
They should be taken to ALUU and be planked to death grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by johndahray(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2012
Those complaining abt d Gov should rememeber ALUU 4.If those killers of the innocent student are finally sentenced to death will u still welcom pardon or reduction in jail sentence for them?Abeg Gov carry go let them die for their sins
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by ABsI1: 11:08am On Oct 19, 2012
afam4eva: I was really shocked when i heard it.
y d shock?d families of their victims were also shocked@their deaths.so kip ur shock or get electrocuted
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by ABsI1: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2012
Truckpusher: Capital punishment is another form of revenge ....I CALL IT INSTITUTIONALIZED REVENGE ...it's shameful because this generation is civilized and should know that an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.
go and query and question God now mr barrister since u know more than God dat gave d commands.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by stpat1(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2012
erniok:
what happens to the appeals pending in courts sir. tomorrow, you will come here shouting that your rights are abused.

Yes rights would have been abused if the governor did not take those actions. If you read carefully and understood the post then you'll agree that its the best decision taken. These convicted murderers and they've been on the death row for years, they've attempted to escape from custody and the prison authorities have recommended their speedy execution because they have become unmanageable.

Remember 2 others were converted to life imprisonment while 2 were set free. Justice delayed is justice denied. Kudos to a proactive governor.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by putro(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=44887
kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by stpat1(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2012
Truckpusher: Capital punishment is another form of revenge ....I CALL IT INSTITUTIONALIZED REVENGE ...it's shameful because this generation is civilized and should know that an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind.

What do you mean by civilised? Some states in US still practice the good old capital punishment for murder cases, asian countries do for corruption, drugs and murder so how does ours make us uncivilised?
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by cold(m): 11:27am On Oct 19, 2012
freecocoa: I really don't get why people are condemning the Gov.
The prisoners were convicted of murder and attempted a jailbreak, upon that they are problematic and the prison authorities find them unmanageable, what would you rather he do with them?
My thoughts exactly. These armchair crirics haven't the faintest idea of what it's like to manage dangerous prisoners. Just watch 'Lock Up' on MSNBC to get an insight into the daily lives of wardens & deathrow inmates. The Comrade is in perfect order
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by bobby56(m): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
So who pays for the broken eye
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Mentcee(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
passionate88: obio akpor.
my friend! It is Obio/Akpor. Teacher don't teach me nonchench!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by ugbanante: 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
slimyem: Why are people criticising him on the ones whose warrants he signed and not commending him for the ones whose sentence he commuted to life. imprisonment and the ones he realeased?
The prisoners(murderers) had become unmanageable and the governor did what had to be done IMO
I suppose u have a good point here. Lets take a while and look at it objectively!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Dopefiend(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
KARMA. Kill and be killed.....eventually.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Elebiju: 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
hmmmm wise words but bros abeg o I get question,if to say na Ūя mama born those guys Wey dem lynch for aluu shey u go seek presidential pardon for them?abeg carry Ūя dirty truck commot for here dirty still full everywhere u come D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ talk nonsense for here truckpusher indeed. WTF!
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by olivertwist: 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
Iolo: Why don't they tell China, Malaysia, Thailand, and even the United States.

Some of these useless noise making agencies should be kicked out of our country for good.

Seriously, sometimes Amnesty International can be very funny. But, I don't blame them, I blame our leaders. A leader that thinks the best way to curb Boko Haram terrorists, who have killed thousands of Nigerians and destroyed billions of naira worth of properties, is by compensating the family of their leader (whom they accidentally killed) by giving his family N100Million. Meanwhile, the govt don't even know the family of those that were slained not to talk of compensation.
Our govt encourage LAWLESSNESS'.

For instance, the govt think the best way to stop kidnapping, oil bunkering, armed robbery, oil theft, assassinations, illiteracy, water-land-air pollutions etc in the Niger Delta area is by giving billions of naira and contracts to any group that comes out and shout 'We are ND militants'.

What about the ND young women,old women,old men, disables & children who can't take up arms?

According to this report, we now know A.I is part of the reason why there has been a high rise in crime in Nigeria because they are preventing our law to take is course e.g by appealing against the verdicts of our judges whenever they sentenced hardened criminals, murderers,assassinators to death. No wonder the likes of Sgt Rogers, Al-Mustapha, killers of Bola Ige & suspected BH sponsors are living like kings in prisons or even walking around freely.

You can bet that, those arrested for the ALUU killings will be freed as soon as all these noises are over. Let's get serious about Capital Punishment in order not to experience the ALUU killings again. Where there is no LAW, there is no PUNISHMENT.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by BlueMurder(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
Those who are advocating life imprisonment instead of capital punishment for convicted murderers should provide honest answers to these questions:

1. Does anyone have the right to to take another person's life unjustly?
2. Is it not immoral and wicked for taxpayers to be forced to bear the unwanted burden of keeping those psychopaths alive and healthy while relatives of slain persons wallow in grief?
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by EPawa: 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
These criminals are dead already, y wasting more resources on dem?..D Bible made it clear: choose Life or Death, Dey ve choosing death. Even yl in d prison,dey still attempt to breakout to go and kill more. Wat are we waiting 4? Action Gov. Carry go
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by kenlash1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
I wonder aw some ppl pass exams wifout reading properly. The prison authorities recommended their execution due to d behaviour of d inmates, the Governor must ve gone through dia case files and must ve seen that this ppl were guilty. If he hadn't, the inmates that were freed wouldn't be free. Its in d best interest of d prison authorities nd our own best interest at large cos imagine someone sentenced to death nd he stl makes trouble in prison as far as jail breaking that means he is nt commited to change. All this amnesty ppl come here and start blabbing nonsense forgetting dia own countries stl practice capital punishment. If they can scrap capital punishment in America ,then they can come here and tell us trash for us to listen
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by dapachez: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
I am not trying to sound insensitive but you need to see the mental toture those inmates go through daily when their cell block is approached,the fear of the hangman,they have this scary look on their face and i cant imagine what goes on in their mind and instead of this toture why not put them out of their misery. They are secluded locked up 247 and even when they are brought out they are chained hand and legs. I know this because i did a project work on some eye conditions and the status of prisoners in benin sapele road o5 and i was on it for three months as i had to conduct an eye test on all five hundred and ninety inmates out of which four were on deathrow. You would pity them when you see them life aint fair though but God knows best
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by JimmyBoy1: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
If there is assurance that the people are indeed guilty as charged, then I have no tear to shed for them.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] CAPITAL punishment isnt good no matter the arguement. life imprisonment would suffice for a gross crime unless the authorities concerned are telling us they cant do their job well of keeping inmates in prison where they belong. in which case they are the real failure! angry undecided
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by olivertwist: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
We need to introduce CAPITAL PUNISHMENT for our corrupt politicians\ leaders. We need to start by first removing their 'IMMUNITY'. The reason is that, these set of greedy people with their corrupt PEN, has killed more Nigerians than any other criminal group even more than Boko Haram. They kill thousands of Nigerians everyday by their NEGLIGENT actions.

Some of the weapons they use to kill are:
1. bad road network
2. no medical facilties in hospitals
3. no power/ electricity
4. high cost of fuel
5. bad policing
6. unemployment
7. insecurity
8. wastefulness
9. insincerety about policies
10.selfishness & self-centred
11. no food production
12. injustice
13. their foolishness
14. their ignorance
15. their cluelessness
16. indiscipline
17.hypocritics
18.lack of foresight
19.tribalism
20.religion
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
ebamma: will you shut up
comrade governor on rampage.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by onuwaje(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
Let he who is without sin be the 1st to cast the stone mr governor
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
A Lawless country is one which fails to carry out her judicial/constitutional rights. Unless Nigeria is 'ONE BIG ANIMAL FARM'
it is downright appaling to read that the last Judicial execution was since 2002, howevr...i opine the gov. should wait 4 apeal court verdit
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by mankand(m): 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
Good move, I am waiting for Nigeria to implement harvesting of organs as well just as it is been done in China. 2 kidney costs 40, 000 Euros apart from the Heart, Liver and other accessories.

The funds generated can be used to boost security somehow.

No condemnation here, just suggesting, instead of having them waste away grin
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by peterowode: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
these guys were convicted for murder by a competent law court, their execution then is in order
make money from forextrading
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Truckpusher(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
Elebiju: hmmmm wise words but bros abeg o I get question,if to say na Ūя mama born those guys Wey dem lynch for aluu shey u go seek presidential pardon for them?abeg carry Ūя dirty truck commot for here dirty still full everywhere u come D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ talk nonsense for here truckpusher indeed. WTF!
You reason from ur anus, we are talking abt capital punishment here but ur drug induced reasoning won't let you see straight and u quickly jump to the lynching incident in ALUU...
And for crying out loud what will you say to the relations of those that were wrongly accused, convicted and executed?...it was against this back drop that human rights activists are clamouring for the abolition of capital punishment and you can agree with me that capital punishment doesn't change the way criminals conduct themselves.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Truckpusher(m): 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
stpat1:

What do you mean by civilised? Some states in US still practice the good old capital punishment for murder cases, asian countries do for corruption, drugs and murder so how does ours make us uncivilised?
so have u bothered to ask yourself y some states don't practice CP? And how would you feel if an innocent man is wrongly accused, convicted and executed?...or are u saying that things like this don't happen? If you know the number of innocent people languishing in jails all over the world for being at the wrong place at the wrong time and for a crime they never committed then you'll be thanking God because that could have been you or me.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Truckpusher(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
AB$I:
go and query and question God now mr barrister since u know more than God dat gave d commands.
We don't need God to guide us tru common sense issues like this , but I understand you sha! Nigerians and God, if a woman couldn't make babies it's witchcraft and we must need God at all cost even if it means sleeping with the prophet...no wonder our so called men of God keeps smiling to the banks whilst his flocks dies in abject poverty...yeye people.
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by Freiburger(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na wa oo shocked
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by kooto(m): 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
My question is this, why kill a man in the first place? so an hired assassin should be sent to jail, and the person[s] killed remain dead?
Re: Oshiomhole Signs Death Warrant Of Unmanageable Death Row Inmates by omaboy: 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
I just want to congratulate the Gov.Oshiomhole For taking such a decisive and bolt action. Why postponed the evil day and continue to congest the prison.What is gonna be, have to be.The continued delay by the relevant authority in sighning the dead warrant of condemned prisoners is misapplication of Justice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Government Is Sabotaging The Fight Against Corruption - Falana / Atiku’s Mother Is From Jigawa - Isyaku Adamu / Godwin Maduka Fans Club Inaugurates Executives Across 21 LGA Ahead Of 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.