Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,457 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) (1204 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Biafra Female Soldiers(pix) / Ondo Poll May Witness Violence, Manipulation – Observers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Idokojimmy: 9:47am On Oct 19, 2012
The General Officer Commanding 2 Division, Nigerian Army, Major Gen. Mohammed Abubakar, yesterday ordered the soldiers to shoot any troublemaker who resists arrest in tomorrow’s governorship election in Ondo State.

The GOC warned anybody who might want to foment trouble during the election to think twice, adding that the soldiers would not condone any act of hooliganism during and after the election.
The army boss, who arrived the 32 Artillery Brigade, Akure yesterday to address the men and officers to be deployed for the poll, said nobody would be allowed to carry arms to the polling station, while directing them to arrest anybody who violated the order.
Abubakar said: “No movement on that day, except for those on essential duties and those on election duty.
“No hunting on the election day. I am happy that the IGP has said that there would be no fishing during the poll.

“I don’t want to hear that I am going to the bush to hunt.
“Anybody with arm must be arrested.
“If he resists arrest, shoot him, I give you the order.”
Abubakar said movement would be restricted from 6am to pm, but he explained that motorists traveling across the state to other parts of the country would be allowed passage, after they must have proved that they are not going into the state.
The GOC said he had received a petition from a political party he declined to mention that one of the contestants had bribed some soldiers to allow his party to rig during the election.

Abubakar said he was not a party to that, while warning any soldier who is a member of any political party to say it.

He stated that any soldier found colluding with any party would be severely dealt with.

He said: “No amount of money they promise you will turn you to Abiola or Dangote.

“These people worked for their money. So be satisfied with what the Nigerian Army is giving you.”

He said there would be dress code for the troops, adding it would be easy for real soldiers to identify fake ones.

The GOC declined to give the number of soldiers deployed to monitor the election, but said soldiers were moved to Ondo State from different formations to maintain law and order during the election.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/shoot-troublemakers-goc-orders-soldiers/

Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by HammedSodiqq: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2012
These ACN touts are in trouble. Soldiers in town
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Idokojimmy: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2012
Commendable move. One man one vote
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by jamace(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
You wan try soja man? cool
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by FrankC3: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
I love Nigerian soldiers. A heard of how boys beg their bosses to draft them to trouble areas to see action, complaining that throughout their stay in the army, they had not shot at a real target. They will be quite happy with this order...
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Noraokon: 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
the truth remains that the only language some Nigerians understand is violence.an order has been issued.notwithstanding,i think parents and guardians have a lot to do in ensuring that there child(ren) and wards don't fall victims by ensuring that they guard them against been incited by enemies of the country.
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by BlackBaron: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
I'm sorry but you lot in this country are pigs and just a bunch of violent hill billies.

How can a GOC issue an ultimatum to 'shoot' troublemakers.
Barbarians!

1 Like

Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
Idokojimmy: “Anybody with arm must be arrested.
“If he resists arrest, shoot him, I give you the order.”He said: “No amount of money they promise you will turn you to Abiola or Dangote.

“These people worked for their money. So be satisfied with what the Nigerian Army is giving you.”
Kai, this soldier dey vex.
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Joeadamu86: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
salaksmana: Kai, this soldier dey vex.
This is the best GOC in Nigeria,political thugs pls stay away if you want to live long,the riot act has already been read,I know no no dey oh....besides this,we want a transparent process and a credible election
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Arosa(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
There is something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian mind set. For them it's all about Killing!!!
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by PrettyRita(f): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
This is a very clear order. Thuggery isn't part of our electoral system. The order is not intended to waste innocent souls, rather it is meant to bring sanity into the election process
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by NiceKid2(f): 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
Soldiers mind you, the GOC did not say "shoot them dead". You can simply shoot them on the leg Abeg.

1 Like

Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by bubadaniel13: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
Well done GOC,orders like this will keep people in check,you must always show people that you are ready to contain every situation especially at times like this where some desperate politicians will love to exploit it for personal gains,abeg do w una Jo.....
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by DuduNegro: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
BlackBaron: I'm sorry but you lot in this country are pigs and just a bunch of violent hill billies.

Barbarians!

Arosa: There is something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian mind set. For them it's all about Killing!!!

Well said...

This order has already severely impacted voters turn out before the election has even begun. It says two ghings

1. FG has no confidence in public laws and the ability of the police or the army to enforce it.

2. FG has no confidence in its own authority and ability to preserve law.....it believes the solution to break down of law and order is summary justice with the discharge of bullets from a soldiers gun.
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by bubadaniel13: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Well said...

This order has already severely impacted voters turn out before the election has even begun. It says two ghings

1. FG has no confidence in public laws and the ability of the police or the army to enforce it.

2. FG has no confidence in its own authority and ability to preserve law.....it believes the solution to break down of law and order is summary justice with the discharge of bullets from a soldiers gun.
Maybe you need to read the story again....
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by NiceKid2(f): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: Maybe you need to read the story again....
I dey tell you grin
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
BlackBaron: I'm sorry but you lot in this country are pigs and just a bunch of violent hill billies.

Barbarians!

Bros, there are DIFFERENT classes of trouble makers. Some carry pumps and AKs wink.
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2012

Barbarians!

LMAO....naija na jungle I tell u.
Re: ONDO POLL: Shot Trouble Makers Aside -GOC Orders Soldiers(pix) by juman(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
People should do the election peacefully.

Our Mimiko, the IROKO, our dear governor. We support you.

(1) (Reply)

. / Photo: Al Mustapha Visits TB Joshua Immediately After Release / Is It Possible To Be Wealthy In Africa Without Being Corrupt ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.