Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria (14696 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Liberia (6 - 1): AFCON 2013 Qualifier On Saturday October-13-2012 / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by mukina2: 10:57am On Oct 19, 2012
HEADS will roll in Liberia following the routing of the Lone Stars by Nigeria's Super Eagles in a South Africa 2013 Nations Cup qualifier in Calabar last Saturday.

The Eagles whipped Lone Stars 6-1 to complete a comprehensive 8-3 aggregate win.

Liberia upped the stake for the match by the Presidential involvement in the decisive qualifier and in the return leg, a threatening 125-strong delegation stormed Nigeria for the second leg which ended in disgarce for the Lone Star.

Smarting Liberia's sport chiefs yesterday insisted that a probe of the national team officials and the Technical staff was inevitable. In a bid to save his job, Sports Minister, Tornalah Varpliah, has announced that a report would be made public on what transpired in Calabar, Nigeria.

Varpliah further explained that a Committee would soon be named to investigate the Calabar shame, especially the late arrival of the Lone Star to the UJ Esuene Stadium.

"We're carrying on this investigation to use the outcome as a gaudiness not to bring people to public disrepute," he told The Liberian Times.

'' The display in Calabar was a complete embarrassment to the country and the public needs to know the saga behind it,, added Varpliah.

He said that the 6-1 bashing came as a rude shock to the Liberians because the Lone Star had posted impressive performances against Ghana, Malawi and even Nigeria in the first leg 2-2 draw.

Varpliah believes Liberia needs a sport policy to conduct proper training for sports management. "We have serious limitation when it comes to sport management, we don't know who the right people to do the job, we need the policy to develop and be on par with the international world," he stated.

He noted that the country has many challenges that need to be corrected and will help us improve their game.

The Lone Star arrived Nigeria on the morning of the match and attempted to shift the blame on the Nigerian Aviation authorities and the Nigeria Football Federation.

The last time Liberia was so heavily beaten was seven years ago when Senegal's Teranga Lions beat the Lone Star 6-1 in 2005.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/sports/49489-liberia-investigates-eagles-6-1-whitewash
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
lol grin
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Foxybone(m): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Second grin grin grin grin grin

Afam... How far na.....

I can imagine what would be going on in the mind of them Libe grin grin grin grin ;Drians now
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Kemy11(m): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
medicine after burial grin
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by AkinDavid2: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
Let's say Liberia 6 and Nigeria 1, will you still investigate, I begi..!! tongue[b][/b]
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
Foxybone: Second grin grin grin grin grin

Afam... How far na.....

I can imagine what would be going on in the mind of them Libe grin grin grin grin ;Drians now
O boy, no be small thing ooo...for them to investigate a loss it means the thing pain dem wella.
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
The super eagles used juju to win.
Case closed.
Mumu people, make una no go train well, stay there and keep looking for who to blame.

2 Likes

Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by ubest1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
This is what come up,after pride,before the match Liberia have already start making mouth, we will disgrace 9ja, their are living in past glory,etc, u people were lucky because our Eagle was not serious much in the second half, u people will be investigating 21-0 by now, yeye people with fish brain

3 Likes

Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by free2ryhme: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
i just dey laff.. mukina u no try say u dey hide my post .. wetin sef
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Opoki(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
Everyone knows the match was actually manipulated... Special thanks to Moses, Musa et al and ofcourse their keeper.
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by jamp: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
GEJ will set up a committee to look into the circumstances surrounding the thrashing.

1 Like

Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Foxybone(m): 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
afam4eva:
O boy, no be small thing ooo...for them to investigate a loss it means the thing pain dem wella.

I dey laff in pidgin English... Imagine say the table turn for Naija head... Na celebration get them na... Too bad na them dey at the receiving end of the whole matter grin grin grin
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by sindyko(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
If dey culd do a thorough checking, ABA Nigeria use CHARM....... Lol
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Abujafood: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
Make una investigate wella, so that next time you meet super eagles anywhere in Nigeria, the scoreline would be 5 - 1 instead!
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Kslib(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
Na we even suppose dey investigate the match.. How can we win with only five goals difference...
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by misreal(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ghana d make mouth just like liberia bn make mouth.na 10 ghana go chop

1 Like

Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by albacete(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
freecocoa: The super eagles used juju to win.
Case closed.
Mumu people, make una no go train well, stay there and keep looking for who to blame.
LOL. Naija too much
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
Sounds fishy to me, a Thorough Investigation is definitely needed.

Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Chiemekaorizu(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
grin grin grin lolz am watching the replay of that ball now. I can't help laughing@lone gulder not star. Team 9ja all the way

1 Like

Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Abujafood: 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
~Royal~:

What sounds fishy? That we didn't hammer them 10 - 0 or that we should have spelt liberia without conceding a single goal?

The super eagles being kind hearted just decided to allow one goal so they won't go home crying!
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by sambos994(m): 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
It is those same yeye people that said "Nigeria is living in their past glory"? Mtchewwwwww I am tell you oooo, put those people into mental hospital.,
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
Lol.

Bad losers are always looking for an excuse or who to blame.
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin I can't fitn't laugh ooo...My belle ooo
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by mrjangola(m): 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2012
Various typr of garri na him dey. Garri oyo, garri ibo, garri ijebu, garri egba etc. shocked tongue
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by misreal(m): 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Z nigeria 2 small to beat dem 6 1
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by kambah(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
likewise our NFF will set up a 23 men committee to look into d 6-1 victory. I doubt it, dat match was bought.
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by adamscuti(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
~Royal~:

yeah nigga,it sounds fishy to me that we didn't trash them up to 12,moses and musa were busy playing d ball around in their 18 yard box,instead of hammering in d goals! Next point of call is ur black shitty ghana,THE SUPER EAGLES WILL SPELL UR TEAM NAME!

1 Like

Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by misreal(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
mr jangola: Various typr of garri na him dey. Garri oyo, garri ibo, garri ijebu, garri egba etc. shocked tongue
dey will ban u oh
Re: Liberia Investigates 6-1 Defeat To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
They should do that fast too, I was surprised myself lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bet9ja Must Pay / UEFA Ban: Court of Arbitration for Sports registers Manchester City's appeal / NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.