Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills (3266 Views)

Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Lawmakers Who Sponsored The Highest Number Of Bills In The 7th NASS / “even If Buhari Presents NEPA Bill As Certificate, I Will Vote For Him” –ikpeba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by gadgethead: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2012
This is a passionate plea to all Nigerians to carry out a non violent protest against the Power 'Holding' Company of Nigeria' by stop paying our electricity bills until there is a major improvement in the power sector.

* Many Nigerians lose a bulk of their hard earned earnings buying fuel to run expensive generators, yet we pay monthly service charge/bills for electricity we hardly USE!
* If every Nigerian affected by 'NEPA' stopped paying their bills, PHCN stands to lose millions of Naira in revenue every day and this will make them think twice*
* Most Nigerians are already used to little or no electricity for months, so this action will have minimum negative impact on personal and business lives*
* Why pay monthly for a service a services you do not receive?*
* Would you continue to pay for a service you do not receive?*
* No electricity affects everyone, both rich and poor in Nigeria*
*Why do we continue to line the pockets of these fat cats*
* Just like the fuel subsidy, the whole nation has to rally ourselves together and fight this illness that has been ravaging our society for generations*
* But unlike the fuel subsidy protest, you do not have to carry placards and demonstrate or be forced to stay at home; you can still your about your daily routine uninterrupted*
* Is there an alternative to being taken for a 'mugun?'
I strongly believe that the beginning of a lasting solution to this never-ending problem is to set a date for all Nigerians to begin a campaign to simply STOP PAYING NEPA BILL!. IT IS NOT A ILLEGAL TO STOP PAYING NEPA BILLS! HIT THE FAT BASTARDS WHERE IT WILL HURT MOST; THEIR POCKETS! FELLOW NIGERIANS IF WE STAND TOGETHER WE CAN BE VERY FORMIDABLE!
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by ATMC(f): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
I thought they'd sold phcn?
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by NiceKid2(f): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2012
gadgethead: This is a passionate plea to all Nigerians to carry out a non violent protest against the Power 'Holding' Company of Nigeria' by stop paying our electricity bills until there is a major improvement in the power sector.

* Many Nigerians lose a bulk of their hard earned earnings buying fuel to run expensive generators, yet we pay monthly service charge/bills we electricity we hardly seeP
* If every Nigerian affected by 'NEPA' stopped paying their bills, PHCN stands to lose millions of Naira in revenue every day and this will make them think twice*
* Most Nigerians are already used to little or no electricity for months, so this action will have minimum negative impact on personal and business lives*
* Why pay monthly for a service a services you do not receive?*
* Would you continue to pay for a service you do not receive?*
* No electricity affects everyone, both rich and poor in Nigeria*
*Why do we continue to line the pockets of these fat cats*
* Just like the fuel subsidy, the whole nation has to rally ourselves together and fight this illness that has been ravaging our society for generations*
* But unlike the fuel subsidy protest, you do not have to carry placards and demonstrate or be forced to stay at home; you can still your about your daily routine uninterrupted*
* Is there an alternative to being taken for a 'mugun?'
I strongly believe that the beginning of a lasting solution to this never-ending problem is to set a date for all Nigerians to begin a campaign to simply STOP PAYING NEPA BILL!. IT IS NOT A ILLEGAL TO STOP PAYING NEPA BILLS! HIT THE FAT BASTARDS WHERE IT WILL HURT MOST; THEIR POCKETS! FELLOW NIGERIANS IF WE STAND TOGETHER WE CAN BE VERY FORMIDABLE!
My Friend, we cannot stand by you in this your planned sabotage. Nigerians are far too intelligent to buy your idea.
Why don't you go for the PHCN pre-paid card and then use as you pay, if you feel cheated with the post-paid option
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by ba7man(m): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
A friend of mine that stays in Magodo GRA just showed me their monthly bill of N 40,000. They claimed tarrif had been increased and they're working with an estimate. They still have so more sacking of corrupt officials to do.
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by teskyg: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nice-Kid.Shut the bleep up.We need to really protest.Other people can not still afford card meter and if they are crying blue murder,we need to supposrt them.

Please,when is the protest?
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by NiceKid2(f): 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
Say No to Sabotage! Anybody that feels cheated in PHCN bills can go for the alternative pre-paid cards, whereby you buy how many units you want to use and use it. When it gets finished, you know that you have used it up. just like your Recharge cards for your phone calls
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by bubadaniel13: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
You are on your own .....
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by NiceKid2(f): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
teskyg: Nice-Kid.Shut the bleep up.We need to really protest.Other people can not still afford card meter and if they are crying blue murder,we need to supposrt them.

Please,when is the protest?
What the hell did you just say? You better watch your tongue my friend. Don't you try me o! I'm warning you
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by gadgethead: 3:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
@teskyg, the protest is planned for the Ist of January 2013 to reflect a new year's resolution towards lack of consistent electricity in Nigeria
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by gadgethead: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2012
@Nice-Kid, there is corruption in getting a prepaid meter, it can also be very expensive and besides it does not stop the problem of inconsistent power supply!
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by ujchief(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nice try guys! Keep it up. What of some of us that are fortunate enough to have 18 hours of uninterupted power suply by virtue of where we're staying? Should we join in the protest too?
Like someone sugested, geting a pre-paid metre could be the best option.
However, i'll suport a demonstration against the new tarif! Its absurd! Broad day light robery if u'd ask me.
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by Euroclydon(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nice-Kid:
What the hell did you just say? You better watch your tongue my friend. Don't you try me o! I'm warning you

I want to believe microsoft have developed a program that sends a hand from a laptop or ipad or desktop screen to slap people if they say rubbish on line...U can download it at youtube.

1 Like

Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by gadgethead: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
ATMC: I thought they'd sold phcn?

I doubt if that alone will shake the foundation of little or no electricity in Nigeria. The reality is that if we fold our arms as usual, we will always be taken for a ride!
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
I disconnected PHCN cable in my house for 4 months.

PHCN came to negotiate and I gave my conductions:

1. I need a meter
2. I want to be billed based on consumption.

Rather than ask Nigerians to stop paying bills, ask them to disconnect in protest.
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by ATMC(f): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
^in dt case we can get d unilag students to protest naked as they did when d school's name was altered...i guess dt will go a long way like d aba women protest u know
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by billante(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
@poster I don't knw wat you are talking about! I have never had it so good in power supply as am having these days! 18-20hrs of light everyday and u want me to protest?

Am sure am not alone in this improved power supply experience!
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by gadgethead: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
ujchief: Nice try guys! Keep it up. What of some of us that are fortunate enough to have 18 hours of uninterupted power suply by virtue of where we're staying? Should we join in the protest too?
Like someone sugested, geting a pre-paid metre could be the best option.
However, i'll suport a demonstration against the new tarif! Its absurd! Broad day light robery if u'd ask me.
Lucky you! But what percentage of Nigerians will put their hands up to say they enjoyed 10 hours of electricity in a week! having a prepaid meter does not offer meaningful and consistent power supply!
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by gadgethead: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
noblezone: I disconnected PHCN cable in my house for 4 months.

PHCN came to negotiate and I gave my conductions:

1. I need a meter
2. I want to be billed based on consumption.

Rather than ask Nigerians to stop paying bills, ask them to disconnect in protest.
I take your point. But you did not pay a kobo to PHCN in the four months you disconnected your cable; did you? Besides the aim of this campaign is to ensure REGULAR power supply to all Nigerians; not just a few!
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
I don't have a metre in my house so I don't pay bills.because of the constant power outrage in my estate,the estate chairman have barred Nepa officials from coming to my estate to disconnect.now many residents of my estate feel reluctant to pay their bills because Nepa officials can't disconnect their light.
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by jamace(m): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nice-Kid:
My Friend, we cannot stand by you in this your planned sabotage. Nigerians are far too intelligent to buy your idea.
Why don't you go for the PHCN pre-paid card and then use as you pay, if you feel cheated with the post-paid option
My sister, how many Nigerians are having meters in their houses? Not up to 1%.Even the meters were sold at exhorbitant prices to Nigerians despite the fact that the minister said that only N5k connection fee was to be paid.

Did the minister for power not said that until each and every house has been installed with a meter before the billing will commence? Where are the meters? No where. I have personally made several efforts to get a meter from PHCN and they will tell me to hold on, that they are trying to organise, meanwhile my bill was doubled. This PHCN people are worse than devils!

If I may ask, do PHCN staff pay bills too?
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
ba7man: A friend of mine that stays in Magodo GRA just showed me their monthly bill of N 40,000. They claimed tarrif had been increased and they're working with an estimate. They still have so more sacking of corrupt officials to do.

That's the danger with estimates. Never good in the long run except you are a short term tenant.
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by subterfuge: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
My dear friend I feel you. We all know that PHCN has become a Federal Government tool for fraudulently getting hard earned cash from Nigerians . The story is the same all around nigeria and I can bet you that that MUMU called Jonathan is not at all concerned. Some body that is the cause of nearly all the problems in Nigeria now. Take a look at the Petroleum Probe report!!! Jonathan could not sleep until he killed the report. He is now chasing shadows and arresting shadows like UBA. Was uba indicted by the lawan probe report
We all know that jonathan is an infidel. May be he has no dick. Why has he not sacked the Girl friend Diezan who was also indicted. What of otedola
I can bet you that Jonathan is getting his own cut from PHCN fraud!!! Don't even expect the free Prepaid meters anymore because Jonathan does not want us to have it yet. Yes the popular sycophants should challenge me please I am waiting for you YAM HeADS.
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
gadgethead:
I take your point. But you did not pay a kobo to PHCN in the four months you disconnected your cable; did you? Besides the aim of this campaign is to ensure REGULAR power supply to all Nigerians; not just a few!

I did not pay! It was part of our agreement, I made it clear that I won't pay for what i did not consume.

Believe me, if every body in a particular PHCN district disconnects, PHCN will come for negotiation. They derive the power to misbehave because we beg them not to disconnect us. Many users dont even want to pay for what they use.

It is Nigerians who have destroyed Nigeria.
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by TopAnalyst(m): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
PHCN surviving firms (the DISCOs and GENCOs) have all been sold to private investors and i don't see why anyone should keep paying the fools at the PHCN district offices for their so called estimated bills.
We hope the private guys will do something more sensible and review all the crazy bills and reconcile them based on meter readings.
I shockingly got an estimated bill of N17,000 in respect of September consumption when in the past i pay bills of N3,500 monthly.
I have gone to their office severally and they have not been helpful, to say the least.
This time around, i am waiting for the final layoffs of the remaining fools in PHCN in order to pave way for more sensible and competent private hands.
I don't feel any pity for these guys because they are part of an entity (NEPA/PHCN) that has brought hardship on Nigerians over the past years. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by touchmehard: 10:34am On Oct 30, 2012
noblezone:

I did not pay! It was part of our agreement, I made it clear that I won't pay for what i did not consume.

Believe me, if every body in a particular PHCN district disconnects, PHCN will come for negotiation. They derive the power to misbehave because we beg them not to disconnect us. Many users dont even want to pay for what they use.

It is Nigerians who have destroyed Nigeria
That is Nigerians for you, they too like free things, no one wants to pay for services rendered.
However they forgot that "awoof dey run belle".
This is the same mind-set that the OP is having, asking peole to stop paying PHCN bills. Why don't you also ask them to also stop using power supply from PHCN? Mcheww
Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by takedat(m): 11:00am On Oct 30, 2012
NERC gave a directive that pre paid meters should be given to customers for free but has no means to ascertain if the directive is being adhered to. The billing system introduced by NERC has a lot of flaws irrespective of pre paid or post paid. NERC should take the blame for this since they are the regulatory agency in charge of Power.

1 Like

Re: Pls Stop Paying Nepa Bills by gadgethead: 10:02am On Nov 01, 2012
touch_me_hard: That is Nigerians for you, they too like free things, no one wants to pay for services rendered.
However they forgot that "awoof dey run belle".
This is the same mind-set that the OP is having, asking peole to stop paying PHCN bills. Why don't you also ask them to also stop using power supply from PHCN? Mcheww
What power supply? You do not seem to grasp the reason for this post. For example if you subscribe to DSTV and you do not get the channels you paid for, would you continue to pay for the service? It is because of this docile mentality we are being ripped off left, right and centre by our government.

(1) (Reply)

I Believe With This Type Of Crowd, Jonathan Should Not Try And Rig Election. / "Liyel Imoke Failed As Gov Of Cross River State"-donald Duke / Fatal Accident Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway,All Passengers Dead(Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.