Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi (26498 Views)

Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / Judge Withdraws From Saraki’s Case Over Negative Reports / Buhari Won’t Respect His 'Noise Makers' Cabinet - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by midolian(m): 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
A former Minister of State for Education, Chief Kenneth Gbagi, has called on the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, to step down.

He said the trial of the Senate president by the Code of Conduct Tribunal has put a question mark on his integrity to lead the upper legislate chamber.

Gbagi said with what is going on, there was no way Nigerians and the international community would respect motions and bills that would emanate from the Senate under the leadership of Saraki.

The former minister spoke with some journalists in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said the trial of Saraki by the CCT was enough reason for the former governor of Kwara State to step down and allow another person mount the saddle of leadership of the Senate.

He said, “We have a problem in Nigeria where we don’t have people of honor, dignity and integrity as leaders.

“The mere fact that the Senate President is undergoing criminal trial is an indication that he has no business being a Senate president living with tax payers’ money.

“First, Nigerians will not have faith in anything that comes out of his Senate that is chaired or presented by that kind of person.

“Again, the entire international community will not believe in the passage of any Bill or motion under his leadership.

“So if you ask me, that is the end of him. He is gone. And like several other government where you think you get in and it will be business as usual, it is not true.”

He regretted that Saraki would not learn from advanced counties where someone like him, who is undergoing such trial, would have resigned from office.

He said this was one of the reasons why countries like the United State of America is still being respected.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-wont-respect-bills-from-sarakis-senate-ex-minister/

Lalasticlala

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by buygala(m): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
"An accused person is deemed innocent until he is proved guilty".. Section 36 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Bill Clinton didn't step down because of the Monica Lewinsky Scandal

Richard Nixon did not leave office until he was fully proved to be enmeshed in the Watergate fiasco undecided

So Chief Gbagi should just shut the fvck up until Saraki's trial is concluded angry

SARAKI FOR SENATE PRESIDENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE angry

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by stanech: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
The same bitter politics that led to the ridiculing of the office of the president during GEJs era.

APC make una get sense for once

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by iyblaq(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Noise makers.. Space booked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Chidexter(m): 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
I'm just here to read the comments.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by midolian(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
So if you ask me, that is the end of him. He is gone. And like several other government where you think you get in and it will be business as usual, it is not true.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Aminat508(f): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
;Dam here to read comments cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Abugab(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
Firstly, Nigerians should know that this fight is against corruption and not saraki or his office of senate president.
Call it witch-hunting, conspiracy, gang up or whatever name, the bottom line is the issue of corruption through false declaration of assets.

If truly Nigerians want us to destroy this heldraheaded monster called corruption, certain presumed mighty people must have to fall.
As it is and known by mosNnigerians, most of our political leaders are nothing but petty thieves and thus there shouldn't be any honour for them.
This corruption war and the antendant success thereof is dependent on Nigerians largely. We either continue with the status quo ante or break those eggs to make the needed omelette.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin APC acting as oppostion in their own Government!! I wonder if they will form their own parallel senate to pass their amala and ewedu bills lol

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Johnnyessence(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
Abugab:
Firstly, Nigerians should know that this fight is against corruption and not saraki or his office of senate president.
Call it witch-hunting, conspiracy, gang up or whatever name, the bottom line is the issue of corruption through false declaration of assets.

If truly Nigerians want us to destroy this heldraheaded monster called corruption, certain presumed mighty people must have to fall.
As it is and known by mosNnigerians, most of our political leaders are nothing but petty thieves and thus there shouldn't be any honour for them.
This corruption war and the antendant success thereof is dependent on Nigerians largely. We either continue with the status quo ante or break those eggs to make the needed omelette.
yes bro u make some points here but first saraki is the test case saraki is guilty of his crime and should be jailed of his misconduct he's a thief.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
Abugab:

Buhari is ruling us with a forged WAEC certificate.I think nothing can be worse than that.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
Johnnyessence:
yes bro u make some points here but first saraki is the test case saraki is guilty of his crime and should be jailed of his misconduct he's a thief.

Since you know that Saraki is guilty,go ahead and jail him let us see

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by andresia(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

But pa chkwudi44, why you love corruption like this?

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by TheFreeOne: 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
A former Minister of State for Education, Chief Kenneth Gbagi, has called on the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, to step down

Nigeria is fast becoming a comedy of errors. grin

Gbagi sef dey talk

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by midolian(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

chukwudi44, Saraki's one and only son. Do you get mentions whenever Saraki is mentioned? It surprises me how you attack every thread that contains his name grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
midolian:
I think stepping down is the most honourable thing to do now. angry
"he's only an accused, wait till the court says he's a criminal". Quote me anywhere

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Okanokan(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
Gbagi just want to be heard, the principle of law that says a man is innocent until proven guilty doesn't seem to make sense to him.
There is a fundamental difference between Democracy and Dictatorship, while democracy relies on the rule of law, dictatorship relies on the rule of brute force. Gbagi should pick his choice. Democracy is slow but arrive safely.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by midolian(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"he's only an accused, wait till the court says he's a criminal". Quote me anywhere
True! But since Saraki emerged(through treacherous means) as the senate president, there has been division in the party, no peace in the senate and its affecting the CHANGE Nigerians have long been yearning for. He should just step down for the 'good' of the country.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Abugab(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

Buhari is ruling us with a forged WAEC certificate.I think nothing can be worse than that.

If you are so sure of yourself about the allegation, the courts are there, prove it. Afterall, you are a Nigerian

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
Abugab:

If you are so sure of yourself about the allegation, the courts are there, prove it. Afterall, you are a Nigerian

Until then but why are you not arguing Buhari should step down until he is exonerated?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Abugab(m): 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

Until then but why are you not arguing Buhari should step down until he is exonerated?

Please you are derailing the topic. The matter here is saraki and not Buhari. If you are not comfortable with Buhari, get your legal team together and head to the courts.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
andresia:

But pa chkwudi44, why you love corruption like this?

How do you mean bro?
Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
Abugab:

Please you are derailing the topic. The matter here is saraki and not Buhari. If you are not comfortable with Buhari, get your legal team together and head to the courts.

Bros i am very very on topic!! The topic says Saraki should resign because he is facing criminal charges likewise I am also saying Buhari should equally resign until he locates his "missing" WAEC certificate.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by allycat: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
Me all I need to know is Saraki juju man or whatever that told him in 2003 to claim a building that was to be sold in 2007. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
allycat:
Me all I need to know is Saraki juju man or whatever that told him in 2003 to claim a building that was to be sold in 2007. grin grin

Bros that is what the court will unravel but until then Saraki remains the SP.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by midolian(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
allycat:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by tomakint: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
.......what more can I say, to Chief Kenneth Gbagi, this is for you Sir.......

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by teemanbastos(m): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2015
buygala:
"An accused person is deemed innocent until he is proved guilty".. Section 36 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Bill Clinton didn't step down because of the Monica Lewinsky Scandal

Richard Nixon did not leave office until he was fully proved to be enmeshed in the Watergate fiasco undecided

So Chief Gbagi should just shut the fvck up until Saraki's trial is concluded angry

SARAKI FOR SENATE PRESIDENT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE angry

how will Nigeria progress if we still have people like this in the society? In advanced nations.. Saraki should ideally have resigned.. But in Nigeria.. What can't people do for power?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
One word for you..... Sarathief
Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by Aminat508(f): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
Midolian u re still here angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi by omusiliyu(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
Wailing wailers should not worry.

He will soon decamp to PDP and will checkmate the whole propagandas

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We South-southerners Are Not In For Any F**cking BIAFRA / Ibrahim Idris & Ayiri Emami In Warri Communities To Promote Peace(Pics) / Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.