Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? (1879 Views)

What You Learnt In Church Today ? / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
I am an atheist. I have been bashing and debating about religion for many months now on Nairaland. We have created atheist camps, deist camps and theist camps to battle each other. However, we are all human beings that understand what truth and love mean.

So in the spirit of peace (for now wink), I really want to know what theists have learnt from atheist on Niaraland that was different from their previous knowledge or ideas about atheists/atheism. Please, put both the positive and negative sides if you can and try to be gentle grin

Let me start with what I have learnt from nairaland christians/muslims

Positives;
-There are christians or muslims that will never get abusive with you no matter how much you troll or abuse them. Eg Anony and Tbaba
-There are christians or muslims that will speak out on the wrongdoings of their fellow members so as to stop a negative image of their religion eg anti-tithe christians and anti-terrorist muslims

Negatives
-There are peeps that believe that all atheists are evil no matter how much we tru to explain that we are humans like them
-There are tithe frauds that dont want their income to ever stop. They mmust receive tithes even from poor man.

So please share your thoughts.
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by mumumugu(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
I learnt that an empty vessel makes the loudest noise

1 Like

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
mumumugu: I learnt that an empty vessel makes the loudest noise

Is that a positive or a negative? grin
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by salam001(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
That atheists are bigots and arrogant
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by OmoAlata(f): 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
salam001: That atheists are bigots and arrogant

I agree with the arrogant bit. They seem to think that the 'believers' are suckers lipsrsealed
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
salam001: That atheists are bigots and arrogant

Do you have any positives? wink
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
Omo Alata:

I agree with the arrogant bit. They seem to think that the 'believers' are suckers lipsrsealed

ah ah!

Omo Alata!

1 Like

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by salam001(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]But seriously i Like them
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by OmoAlata(f): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

ah ah!

Omo Alata!

Yes Oh grin grin
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Omo Alata:

Yes Oh grin grin

Nothing good about atheists? C'mon smiley
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by remmyton(f): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
mumumugu: I learnt that an empty vessel makes the loudest noise

you took it from my mouth
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2012
Interesting thread..

- I've learnt that the world is just too random for anyone to claim to be in order. We all have our unique perspectives on life, and some beliefs are 'impossible' to shake off depending on the believer.

- the debates, esp d ones involving Anony,Ihedinobi and Tbaba have made me realise that if there's a God, he's not represented by any religion. The 'right' mind can make any religion attractive.

4 Likes

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
musKeeto: Interesting thread..

- I've learnt that the world is just too random for anyone to claim to be in order. We all have our unique perspectives on life, and some beliefs are 'impossible' to shake off depending on the believer.

- the debates, esp d ones involving Anony,Ihedinobi and Tbaba have made me realise that if there's a God, he's not represented by any religion. The 'right' mind can make any religion attractive.

Great comment!
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by dhtmlextreme1: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
I learnt they are very intelligent too

1 Like

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
*:
I learnt they are very intelligent too

nice one cool cool cool
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Sleek05(f): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
Do u actually learn frm atheists? Wat exactly can u learn frm dem? Dia foul mouths, unnecessary bashin, quotin d bible/quran outta context or waitin 4 d next religious post 2 spill dia gibberish R u supposed 2 learn frm dem or hiss n walk away frm ignorant cowardly souls? #jusWondrin

2 Likes

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2012
Sleek05: Do u actually learn frm atheists? Wat exactly can u learn frm dem? Dia foul mouths, unnecessary bashin, quotin d bible/quran outta context or waitin 4 d next religious post 2 spill dia gibberish R u supposed 2 learn frm dem or hiss n walk away frm ignorant cowardly souls? #jusWondrin

Calm down sister! grin grin grin grin

But thanks for your input!!
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by mumumugu(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
I confirmed what d bible said, ATHEIST ARE FOOLS

1 Like

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
mumumugu: I confirmed what d bible said, ATHEIST ARE FOOLS

Ironic username grin

6 Likes

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
Sleek05: Do u actually learn frm atheists? Wat exactly can u learn frm dem? Dia foul mouths, unnecessary bashin, quotin d bible/quran outta context or waitin 4 d next religious post 2 spill dia gibberish R u supposed 2 learn frm dem or hiss n walk away frm ignorant cowardly souls? #jusWondrin

I wonder who's the coward when u are the one walking away.

Anyway I learnt that christians can be very stubborn even when u have all the facts and they have none.
I also learnt that they like to hiss and walk away from threads that they deep in their hearts are frightened by.

On the positive side I learnt that em...I'm coming let me think...

#goes to scatch head under 3rd mainland bridge#

Aha! I learnt that some christians can actually be humble enough to accept facts like atheists being intelligentcheesy
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
inurmind:

I wonder who's the coward when u are the one walking away.

Anyway I learnt that christians can be very stubborn even when u have all the facts and they have none.
I also learnt that they like to hiss and walk away from threads that they deep in their hearts are frightened by.

On the positive side I learnt that em...I'm coming let me think...

#goes to scatch head under 3rd mainland bridge#

Aha! I learnt that some christians can actually be humble enough to accept facts like atheists being intelligentcheesy

Epic comment sir.

Nice
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by truthislight: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
Just learnt the first time on this thread on NL that logicboy can hold his anger and be sane, on this thread without over reacting.
There is hope for him.
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
truthislight: Just learnt the first time on this thread on NL that logicboy can hold his anger and be sane, on this thread without over reacting.
There is hope for him.

I am not in "bash religion mode" on this thread.

You should see me in real life. Quite harmless
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by F00028: 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
haven't met one yet that wasn't intellectually unscrupulous.
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by onetrack(m): 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
LogicBoy, do you seriously expect theists to say nice things about us? If there is one thing that Christians and Muslims can agree on, it is that we atheists are, at worst, the agents of Satan; or, at best, pitiful lost sheep. grin

1 Like

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
onetrack: LogicBoy, do you seriously expect theists to say nice things about us? If there is one thing that Christians and Muslims can agree on, it is that we atheists are, at worst, the agents of Satan; or, at best, pitiful lost sheep. grin

grin grin grin grin

You said it all

1 Like

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
In the Spirit of Xmas
Bump 4

#iJoblessO
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2012
musKeeto: In the Spirit of Xmas
Bump 4

#iJoblessO

Makesure you vote for moi wink
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by tobechi20(m): 6:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
I learnt dat the more inquisitive u are, d more confused u become. Curiosity lands the cat in trouble.

An aprentish begins to learn from his master, he is polite obedient and respebtful. After several months, he tinks he has learnt much , belives he can start alone and dont need his master. He becomes proud and agresive.

1 Like

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by UyiIredia(m): 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2012
Well they have made me ask some questions I wouldn't otherwise ask of the Bible. Some of what they say are definitely worth thinking about. Nevertheless, I strongly disagree with their support for evolution.

2 Likes

Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Well they have made me ask some questions I wouldn't otherwise ask of the Bible. Some of what they say are definitely worth thinking about. Nevertheless, I strongly disagree with their support for evolution.

I can accept that. Evolution is not necessary for your acceptance of atheism
Re: Christians/muslims What Have You Learnt From Atheists On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
tobechi20: I learnt dat the more inquisitive u are, d more confused u become. Curiosity lands the cat in trouble.

An aprentish begins to learn from his master, he is polite obedient and respebtful. After several months, he tinks he has learnt much , belives he can start alone and dont need his master. He becomes proud and agresive.

A wise man is not cowed by knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reflections On Our Gigantic Universe / Let There Be Light / No Rapture,no End Time, Pls Enjoy Your Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.