Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon (6122 Views)

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon / No North, No Nigeria -gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by OlaomiDe9ja: 8:42am On Oct 20, 2012
It is sad that many igbos are prejudiced and are suffering from delusion of persecution.
Where were the advocates of the so-called Biafra during the struggle for independence?
They won't tolerate other people in their land and yet they are welcome by other ethnic groups in other part of the country.
The tribalists and impostors among them call that "prospering everywhere". They won't blame Ojukwu who led
them to a senseless war just because he was not made a Head of State instead of Gowon. I BEFORE OTHERS-IBO)

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by CHIDIEJIOGU: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2012
ONE NIGERIA!OK GOWON IF YOU'RE HAPPY WITH ALL THE BOMBINGS,UNEMPLOYMENTS,KIDNAPPINGS,ETC THEN CARRY ON WITH YOUR STUPID ONE NIGERIA.
BUT IN REALTY, THIS COUNTRY IS NOT ONE AND SHALL NEVER BE.
THE NORTHERN ELITES ONLY USED THE MUMU TO ACHIEVE WHAT THEY WANTED BECOSE OF THE OIL.
GOD WILL CONTINUE TO JUDGE GOWON AND HIS COHORTS FOR KILLING INNOCENT CHILDREN.
BASTARDS!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2012
OlaomiDe9ja: It is sad that many igbos are prejudiced and are suffering from delusion of persecution.
Where were the advocates of the so-called Biafra during the struggle for independence?
They won't tolerate other people in their land and yet they are welcome by other ethnic groups in other part of the country.
The tribalists and impostors among them call that "prospering everywhere". They won't blame Ojukwu who led
them to a senseless war just because he was not made a Head of State instead of Gowon. I BEFORE OTHERS-IBO)

Let me recall your tribalistic attention that this thread is about the oneness of Nigeria and not about Igbo or Biafra. Always stay on Topic and stop acting like the illiterate you are. Have you gone to any Igbo Land before and they chaste you away? Don't let envy blind your sense of Judgment and i advise you should go and learn more about what caused the war as it will help you get more educated cause they way you went about your comment clearly portrays that you don't have an idea of what caused the war

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by ba7man(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2012
Gowon just missed an opportunity to apologize for the results of his actions to the Igbo to calm frayed nerves in the country.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by iconaus: 9:17am On Oct 20, 2012
@ olaomide9ja

Peolpe like u never travelled outside ekiti state and make judgement based on hear say . Please travel outside ekiti . Travel is knowledge . Civil war broke out after Gowon refused to adhere to aburi accord not because Gowon was the head of state . Note also that igbos are accomodating . the problem with u people is that u re scared of going to east for reason i dont know . Anyway there are many yorubas in the east today doing tailoring . U should go and talk to them and they will tell how hospitable the easterners are . easterners are the only tribe living that one nigeria because they are brave , courageous and industrous .

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by abouzaid: 9:36am On Oct 20, 2012
ba7man: Gowon just missed an opportunity to apologize for the results of his actions to the Igbo to calm frayed nerves in the country.
i think he is afraid of implicating himself if he is ever dragged to the ICJ for genocide.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Pett(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2012
1 Higee weitin? After 3 yrs of civil war abi... E be like say old age don dey worry am. I hope say im no dey plan to come out for 2015 presidential elections.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by juce: 9:41am On Oct 20, 2012
We do not want to follow Gowons blind and foolish sentiment about one nigeria. The problem of Nigeria started with Gowons insurbodination to his superior officer- ojukwu.

I must say that unless he appologies to Nigerians and indeed the ibos for his actions he may die with a very heavy guilt in his mind and a sad man.

His long life on earth may just be to fulfil this purpose so he may rest in peace when death calls him.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by iconaus: 9:44am On Oct 20, 2012
@ dayokanu

you guys re hypocritics . U tell igbos to back to the east then at same time u want one nigeria . which one u peolpe de self? most NL yorubas will want one nigeria at the same time they tell igbos to leave north and SW . Igbos wanted to go , u people said no .now igbos are every where making their money bad belle no agree now take it and i want igbos to go meanwhile u want one nigeria . Confused people

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by OlaomiDe9ja: 9:52am On Oct 20, 2012
That's one of the problems Mr. whiner. You are cursing and insulting instead of contributing. Ibos are the one crying for which I care less about. Yes I have been in the East. I did my NYSC in the East in 1985 and I don't know where you were then. I have very good ibo friends who are open minded. I spent a weekend in Enugu with my ibo friend and his family.I have seen East even in the heart of Lagos. A Yoruba man running a parastatal is open-minded and reflecting federal character in his satffing but go to an ibo managed one, it will be all ibos and he doesn't care. When Wole Soyinka won Nobel prize, Mr. Literate, this was Prof Chinua Achebe remark: "You should not consider yourself as the “Asiwaju (leader) of African Literature,” for winning a “European prize.” Were it to be other way round, I assure you Wole Soyinka would have congratulated the professor of bickering. Yorubas are smart and diplomatic. They will never let anyone (no matter the disposition) lead them to an unwarranted war. June 12 is an example. Yorubas approached it diplomatically instead of calling for break up. Remember Chukwumerije's role then.You guys dared say anything when Buhari, Babangida or ABACHA were in power. There were events that culminated into civil war, I will suggest you remove your peg from the effects of Gowon managed unnecessary war during which all appeals to Ojukwu to avoid the war were rejected. Go back to Kano Riot of 1953. Don't rely on the lies they are feeding you. Yorubas will never feel persecuted. Adegoke Adelabu died because of his loyalty to Zik, Adeniran Ogunsanya was loyal to Zik to the end. Yorubas are open, Awolowo didn follow the military boys to Aburi in Ghana Mr. Literate. How are we going to move forward when whiners and mosquitoes wont let us rest. I don't argue with fools though.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Callotti: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2012
I wonder why these 'shallow', EMAICIATED, Igbotic TICKS are insulting Gowon. . . .
Did their 'BIAFRAN' broda abi na aboki-bootlicker aka AYIM PIUS AYIM not express the same sentiments as Gowon? grin
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Inyinese(m): 10:01am On Oct 20, 2012
idiot man i hate you with all my hearth
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Callotti: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2012
Mu he he he he he
With all pleH-JORE! cool
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Inyinese(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu: Gowon we are proud of you and what you did to crush that bastardd called Ojuku
idiot you must be forever i curse you.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Inyinese(m): 10:06am On Oct 20, 2012
dayokanu: Gowon we are proud of you and what you did to crush that bastardd called Ojuku
fool you must be forever i curse you.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by rallymento(m): 10:06am On Oct 20, 2012
It is sad to hear people say things like ' the ibos deserves what happened to us during the war' and the same group of people are shouting for one Nigeria. I don't think it will work that way.
If ibos stay as Biafra does it make a yoruba or Hausa man less than he is? Biko nu rapu nu anyi bu umu Israel aka! Anyi bu kwa ndi Jew!
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by odoguigbo: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2012
OlaomiDe9ja: It is sad that many igbos are prejudiced and are suffering from delusion of persecution.

Oga! go back to primary school. Your English is a sheer turn off.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Policewoman(f): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2012
berem: One Nigeria my right ear! What have we benefited from being one Nigeria? The Dumbfuck who have refused to say anything about the Bakassi issue.Stewpid old man! angry
Lolo, please no need to be disrespectful. The bible admonishes us to respect our parents and the elderly. Let God be the judge when he finally meets his maker.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by stallion2: 10:23am On Oct 20, 2012
Paul John:
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/38019/2012/10/20/ill_ever_be_grateful_supporters_one_nigeria_gowon.html
shame on you, for supporting a man that killed millions of your helpless, armless ,starved people
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by prettyboi1(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2012
I always shake my head at how dull,stewpid & lazy we Nigerians are & as if that's not enough,how much more stewpid we get each passing day. You guys should get something straight & clear, "NIGERIA WILL NEVER BREAK UP." The earlier we get that into our dumb & empty biased & sentimental skulls,the better for all of us & our beloved nation. I salute General Gowon & all the other few great leaders we have in this beautiful (sleeping giant) nation including General Olusegun Obasanjo & other great men like them that believe in putting country first. We Nigerians always like to lazy around doing nothing & still be expecting the best of success,I always laugh. We make excuses for every single one of our mistakes & laziness rather than accepting them & tackling them heads-on. Nigerians would sit down all day bad-mouthing the country & at the end of the day,they don't even play any positive parts to contribute to the changes they want to see o. I always wonder if we Nigerians think God is foolish or something. God has given us all we need to be super great as a nation. God has given us the grace in ABUNDANCE,yet we don't want to play our parts. Maybe we think that God would come down from heaven & become our president? May be we think that Nigeria's land mass & boundaries is what Nigeria is,while forgetting that Nigeria is you & me & all the people within the boundaries & land mass of Nigeria?
What Nigerians know how to do best is pray,pray,pray,pray & go around lazying about after that. You pray God should Bless Nigeria,God has Blessed Nigeria but how do you contribute to being a blessing to Nigeria lazy-assses? You pray God should bring Nigeria good leaders,God brings them but you intentionally refuse to vote for them because they are not your tribesmen or simply because they practice a different religion right? May be God only created some men into the religion He chose & other men outside that particular religion were created by the devil,that's what you retards seem to be saying. Later you guys would form "holier than thou" the most when you can't even love & respect a fellow human being: YOUR COUNTRYMAN because he's of a different religion and/or tribe. Is Nigeria the only country with a diversity in ethnicity & religion? No. Every country in Africa is like that & many more countries outside Africa particularly in Asia & south America are like that. Why then is Nigeria's case different? Nigeria's case is different because Nigerians have chosen to be lazy,foolish,sentimental,idiiotic & have chosen to always put sentiments above reality. This country was far more united under the military regime than it is now because back then, NIGERIANS WERE NIGERIANS. A Nigerian could be military administrator/governor of any state regardless of his state of origin & it's little things as such & more that kept our country far more unified. President Obasanjo came in 1999,that man was/is so detribalized & he kept Nigeria together to the best of his abilities. President Musa Yar'Adua (R.I.P.) came in 2007 & even with how calm he was as a person coupled with the fact that he was very very sick for most of his tenure,he was able to keep Nigeria together for the few years he governed us. What can we say about president Goodluck Jonathan? My own opinion's that President Jonathan is the main reason Nigeria is falling apart today. He's clueless about almost everything & continues to make EXCUSES for everything just like the average & typical Nigerian does. I'm not saying president Jonathan is the all-in-all source of Nigeria's problems today but he plays a lot more in it than anybody else because he's the foreman & supposed to be the keeper of the country. A great country's built out of mutual contributions by both leaders & followers but however it is,the leaders contribute more & set the path & mindset for the followers to follow. Leaders shouldn't be making excuses. Fathers don't make excuses as to why they couldn't/can't do something for their kids. Governor of Edo state, Adams Oshiomole said "A leader should never make excuses,it is a leader's duty to create a way even where there's no way,that's why a leader is called a LEADER." I agree that common Nigerians hardly contribute any positive to this country,rather we'd talk,talk,talk & pray,pray,pray & if we were given the opportunity to change things,we'd still do the same old bad things we complained about in former evil leaders. Aren't we a set of lazy religious hypocrites like the biblical pharisees? By the Grace of God,Nigeria will never break up so lazy Nigerians,rather than sit down talking cheaply everytime,wake up,get over sentiments & bias & let's build our country. Ask yourself something before you bad-mouth your country again: what role do you contribute in making your country better?
.................... God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Policewoman(f): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2012
Coward. Come out and say it in the open and see if your head will still be on your neck.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Policewoman(f): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2012

It's IGBO, not IBO, you retar.d. And by the way, Ojukwu didnt wanna become head of state. He was fighting for your kinsman, Brigadier Ogundipe to replace Ironsi, as the then most senior officer, instead of Gowon a more junior officer. Get that througj your thick amala skull.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Policewoman(f): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2012
icon aus: @ dayokanu

you guys re hypocritics . U tell igbos to back to the east then at same time u want one nigeria . which one u peolpe de self? most NL yorubas will want one nigeria at the same time they tell igbos to leave north and SW . Igbos wanted to go , u people said no .now igbos are every where making their money bad belle no agree now take it and i want igbos to go meanwhile u want one nigeria . Confused people
Indeed they are confused. Now that we the Niger deltans are in power, courtesy of the support of our Igbo brothers in the SE, they feel like hanging themselves. Oya, make una go kiss live transformer.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by odoguigbo: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2012
OlaomiDe9ja: That's one of the problems Mr. whiner. You are cursing and insulting instead of contributing. Ibos are the one crying for which I care less about. Yes I have been in the East. I did my NYSC in the East in 1985 and I don't know where you were then. I have very good ibo friends who are open minded. I spent a weekend in Enugu with my ibo friend and his family.I have seen East even in the heart of Lagos. A Yoruba man running a parastatal is open-minded and reflecting federal character in his satffing but go to an ibo managed one, it will be all ibos and he doesn't care. When Wole Soyinka won Nobel prize, Mr. Literate, this was Prof Chinua Achebe remark: "You should not consider yourself as the “Asiwaju (leader) of African Literature,” for winning a “European prize.” Were it to be other way round, I assure you Wole Soyinka would have congratulated the professor of bickering. Yorubas are smart and diplomatic. They will never let anyone (no matter the disposition) lead them to an unwarranted war. June 12 is an example. Yorubas approached it diplomatically instead of calling for break up. Remember Chukwumerije's role then.You guys dared say anything when Buhari, Babangida or ABACHA were in power. There were events that culminated into civil war, I will suggest you remove your peg from the effects of Gowon managed unnecessary war during which all appeals to Ojukwu to avoid the war were rejected. Go back to Kano Riot of 1953. Don't rely on the lies they are feeding you. Yorubas will never feel persecuted. Adegoke Adelabu died because of his loyalty to Zik, Adeniran Ogunsanya was loyal to Zik to the end. Yorubas are open, Awolowo didn follow the military boys to Aburi in Ghana Mr. Literate. How are we going to move forward when whiners and mosquitoes wont let us rest. I don't argue with fools though.
You did your NYSC in 1985? Hmmm! That was almost the same time with my dad's. The only difference is that my dad is a mature, reasonable and honourable man. At his age, he doesn't jump from one social forum to the other only to prove how much he hates a Divinely anointed people but rather he gives beneficial advice when the need be.

At your age Baba, don't you think it's time to turn a new leaf by accepting the truth? I know you are born with it but your hatred for the GREAT Igbos will not pull a hair.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Willzkid(m): 10:58am On Oct 20, 2012
berem: One Nigeria my right ear! What have we benefited from being one Nigeria? The Dumbfuck who have refused to say anything about the Bakassi issue.Stewpid old man! angry
If there's something I have noticed it is that Nairaland makes disrespect for elders, and use of foul language an honorable thing to do..
You, my lady, used to be a very amiable person...what could have happened?
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by mpumalanga: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2012
Mere talking of one Nigeria will never make it one neither hailing gowon or not will change the direction Somalia/Nigeria is going.
Sudan and others spoke the same way with Albashir being so optimistic that unity will carry the day during the referendum but we know the story
and the same story will meet Nigeria.Anyim was doing the same thing some ministers from dimka region in South Sudan were doing which did not
save Albashir.He is just like PW Botha that was busy assuring his people about the survival of apartheid while it was crumbling.How many Nigerian do we have now gowon? your own,own own and boko haram.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by OlaomiDe9ja: 11:27am On Oct 20, 2012
odoguigbo, I can tell from the way you're sounding your kind of home training.
You are not patient enough to learn; checking out the facts raised.
Ask your dad on the matter, dropout, if he is sincere he would tell you.
Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by iconaus: 11:29am On Oct 20, 2012
@policewoman

make u no mind yoruba people . Bad belle people . You niger deltans are begining to know the yorubas because GEJ is in power . Once u re not yoruba forget it . highly tribalistic set of people . igbos re happy to get you guys on board to appeal to yorubas to join their br0thers for better southern nigeria not to continue to antagonise SS and SE because of bad belle. We re at the down of the new era in nigeria . SS, SE and North central new found coalitions since SW continues to fight fellow southerners

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by iconaus: 11:35am On Oct 20, 2012
@ olaomide9ja

U re too old to be in this forum . you re One of the old baba in sw who re polluting and feeding the sw younger generation with lies and wrong info about nig and SE. just dis appear from here . U re debating with 19 -21 yrs old boys and girls in this forum

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by FreeGlobe(f): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2012
OlaomiDe9ja: That's one of the problems Mr. whiner. You are cursing and insulting instead of contributing. Ibos are the one crying for which I care less about. Yes I have been in the East. I did my NYSC in the East in 1985 and I don't know where you were then. I have very good ibo friends who are open minded. I spent a weekend in Enugu with my ibo friend and his family.I have seen East even in the heart of Lagos. A Yoruba man running a parastatal is open-minded and reflecting federal character in his satffing but go to an ibo managed one, it will be all ibos and he doesn't care. When Wole Soyinka won Nobel prize, Mr. Literate, this was Prof Chinua Achebe remark: "You should not consider yourself as the “Asiwaju (leader) of African Literature,” for winning a “European prize.” Were it to be other way round, I assure you Wole Soyinka would have congratulated the professor of bickering. Yorubas are smart and diplomatic. They will never let anyone (no matter the disposition) lead them to an unwarranted war. June 12 is an example. Yorubas approached it diplomatically instead of calling for break up. Remember Chukwumerije's role then.You guys dared say anything when Buhari, Babangida or ABACHA were in power. There were events that culminated into civil war, I will suggest you remove your peg from the effects of Gowon managed unnecessary war during which all appeals to Ojukwu to avoid the war were rejected. Go back to Kano Riot of 1953. Don't rely on the lies they are feeding you. Yorubas will never feel persecuted. Adegoke Adelabu died because of his loyalty to Zik, Adeniran Ogunsanya was loyal to Zik to the end. Yorubas are open, Awolowo didn follow the military boys to Aburi in Ghana Mr. Literate. How are we going to move forward when whiners and mosquitoes wont let us rest. I don't argue with fools though.
I find it hard to believe that an old man like you will talk so stupi.dly but guess the saying that a fool at 40 is a fool forever is real.

Youcan concoct your bunch of lies all you want but I will like to believe you are selling this your 'I better pass you' gibberish to your fellow yorobbers. Its crazy you can say Yoruba people obey federal character. The most tribalistic people on earth. Heck, you are even a tribalist yourself is a tribalist and cant respect federal character if you have the opportuny.

Well you people can continue shouting one Nigeria but as long as one Nigeria persists yorrobbers will continue to be shut out like GEJ has started!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by OlaomiDe9ja: 11:51am On Oct 20, 2012
You need to learn from civilized world. Unfortunately, the discussion was generated by a 79 year old.
A respected elder statesman.
It's really for mature people who can go into details of things and who look beyond the childish talk.
Too bad.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
Willzkid:
If there's something I have noticed it is that Nairaland makes disrespect for elders, and use of foul language an honorable thing to do..
You, my lady, used to be a very amiable person...what could have happened?
I will always pour my anger and insult any murrafucker who have kept this country in doom irrespective of your age.I don't give a fucck if you are my father's age,I will tell you how it hurts me!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Pro-jang Govs Open New NGF Secretariat / German Government Not Happy With Buhari / Just In: Biafra Newspaper Hits Anambra - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.