Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard (39158 Views)

Judge’s Absence Stalls Trial Of Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Uwazuruike Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Boss / Breaking; Radio Biafra Director, Nnamdi Kanu Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by januzaj(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
By Vincent Ujumadu
Awka- SCORES of supporters of the embattled director of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu were Tuesday arrested by the Anambra State police command at various points in Awka as they embarked on protests in the state capital.

The protesters, including women, carried placards with various inscriptions, marched from Amawbia to the Government House, demanding that Kanu be left alone.

However, as they approached Government House, the police men stationed at the place fired sporadically in the air and threw teargas canisters to scare them.

Another group protesting at the Arroma junction was also picked by the police.

Anambra State coordinator of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mr. Ikechukwu Okoye said their protest was not meant to cause any trouble, adding that they were only on the streets to prevail on security operatives to release Kanu.

According to him, the protesters were marching to the Government House to plead with Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano to prevail on President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene on the matter.

He said: “We are only agitators who obey the laws of the land. This is democracy and there is freedom of speech and freedom of movement.

“Why would anybody detain our leader and in the process be demanding bail fee of N2million. We have not come to fight anybody because we are peace makers”

Anmabra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hosea Karma, confirmed the arrest of the protesters, saying it was because they were parading along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway thereby causing breach of peace.

According to the CP, “there is nothing like Indigenous People of Biafra. Those people constituted nuisance on the high way and that was why they were picked.

“Right now, I do not know the number of people that were picked, but I want to assure the people that anybody who disturbs the peace that exists in this state will not go unpunished.”

Meanwhile, the factional leadership of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, has lent support to the Radio Biafra director.

In a press statement made available to reporters in Awka yesterday, the national director of information of the breakaway MASSOB, Mr Uchenna Madu said it was identifying with Kanu in the spirit of brotherhood pursuing one strong force for self determination.
The statement read: “If Nigeria is shivering and catching cold when international sympathizers / supporters of Biafra are openly and diplomatically expressing positive concerns on Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest which subsequently pressurizes the DSS to quickly but secretly arraign him before a court which also granted him bail, evidently shows that the end of Nigeria domination of Biafra has come.

“MASSOB condemns the opposition of Ralph Uwazuruike- led faction of MASSOB on Nnamdi Kanu. How can Ralph Uwazuruike who claimed to be fighting for Biafra actualization openly support Nigeria government on this arrest of Nnamdi Kanu?

“Nnamdi kanu was not suspended by Ralph Uwazuruike or MASSOB as claimed. Rather, he left MASSOB in 2009 when Biafra groups in Diaspora who jointly assisted and supported Ralph Uwazuruike in the quest for Biafra, found out that all the monetary dues committed to the struggle from abroad and at home for execution of Biafra project were not judiciously used.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/police-arrest-scores-of-supporters-of-embattled-pro-radio-biafra-director/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Chanchit: 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
Why won't they be arrested whenthey are causing public nuisance. Abi their NL brothers no tell dem say make dem bring their own quarter of the 2m needed to bail their oga ni?!
Common two million una dey protest, or do you mean to tell me all the people agitating for Biafra are non entities?

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Rose2014: 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chanchit:
Why won't they be arrested whenthey are causing public nuisance. Abi their NL brothers no tell dem say make dem bring their own quarter of the 2m needed to bail their oga ni?!

Why is it that Nigeria police usually have power once they see peaceful protests?

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by januzaj(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
God bless Nigerian police....God bless Gov. Obiano
picture of biafran soldiers on their way to rescue them

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by naijapips02: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
I trust obiano. next would be a shoot at sight order.

38 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by olapluto(m): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2015
I hope the police pick up to 100 or more. They can then be charged 'bail' of 10,000 naira. The NPF can therefore generate 1M from them for their joblessness.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Trut(m): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2015
Obiano is following the step of Okoroawusa, the earlier he retract his step, the better for him.

16 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Bonapart(m): 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
Buhari been active against biafra while his islamic animals called boko haram and fulani herdsmen roam the street freely

Your end is near

The blood buhari shared to gain that position will soon come calling

Abok! na Cow

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
WE NO GO GLEE! ME AND MY FELLOW IPOB YOUTHS WILL NOT LET OURSELVES TO BE DISGRACED BY A GWORO CHEWING NORTHERNER.THAT'S ME HOLDING A FEMALE HANDBAG JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THE PROTEST IS REAL

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Ventura1: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
Do they have police permit for the protest? If not they deserved to be arrested.... People from that side are known to be lawless

If you quote me and do not get a reply, known your remark is silly, hence do not deserves a response

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by scholes0(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
loooooool....
I am just enjoying all the hilarious drama emerging from the red mud region in the past few days ......

Who needs DSTV and Basketmouth when I have a better national source of comic relief.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by ChimaAdeoye: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
time to shoot back at the Police is getting closer.

People cannot continue to be shot at simply for demonstrating their God given right to demonstrate

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
There is no time buhari needs to tread with wisdom than now, if not, he will just shoot himself on the foot!

10 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by ikbnice(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
hit LIKE if you believe the Republic of Biafra is achieveable, hit SHARE if you believe it is not.

271 Likes 161 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by eleojo23: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
For now, all the agitation seems to be coming from Anambra state. This means that the entire south-east is not in agreement over this biafra of a thing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by DelticStephEn(f): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Look at this Hausa man oh.
When did proptsters start breaching peace?
Anmabra State Commissioner of Police, Mr.
Hosea Karma, confirmed the arrest of the
protesters, saying it was because they were
parading along the Enugu-Onitsha
expressway thereby causing breach of
peace.
I dedicate this owe some book written by Nelson Mandela to all d Freedom Fighters in d building.
May God be your Strength.
Victory is Yours.
click like to say Amen

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by sukkot: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
grin grin awwww men biafra having a rough time the past coupla days. first it was the arrest of inamidi kanu. then fulani herdmen raping alaigbo women. now they are arresting all the alaigbo protesters. man, the gods is angry at alaigbo .

26 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Chanchit: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
Rose2014:

Why is it that Nigeria police usually have power once they see peaceful protests?

No matter how useless your phone is so far its internet enabled, e go fit enter google.

12 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by alaoeri: 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
Police is just doing their job by arresting miscreants constituting nuisances. cheesy

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by VICTORCIZA(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
obiano I regret the day i voted for you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by qualityovenbake(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
And his popularity keep swelling.

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by madridguy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
Move them all to INBOX.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by JaypeeAnics(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
I'm ban Igbo boy...I see no reason why Nigeria should separate.... it won't make any difference.

21 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by fr3do(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
This is the 21st century
what will you charge them with?

Abeg the yeye Nigerian police should release them.

13 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by simongonner: 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by Rilwayne001: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
cool
sukkot:
grin grin awwww men biafra having a rough time the past coupla days. first it was the arrest of inamidi kanu. then fulani herdmen raping alaigbo women. now they are arresting all the alaigbo protesters. man, the gods is angry at alaigbo .

Yet they won't stop beating their chest. grin grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard by theDEVILisHERE: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2015

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Chief Of Army Staff Reshuffles Top Military Command & Makes New Appointments / Gunmen Behead A Policeman In Rivers, Burn 2 Patrol Vehicles, Destroy Checkpoints / Hilliard Eta Takes Over As Acting Chairman, Names Uzodinma Edo Primary Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.