Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist (16657 Views)

Lepacious Bose Narrates Her Experience At 3rd Mainland Bridge Today / My Encounter With Ritualist In Lokoja Today. / Facebook Romance Near Tragedy: Girl Narrates Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by chucky234(m): 7:33am On Oct 20, 2012
…entered a bus, slept off and landed in a shrine
When Emmanuela, 13, a JSS student of Shadoff Secondary school, Igbogbo, set out on that fateful day for her usual Thursdays fellowship and faith clinic service at a church, little did she know that it was going to be the most horrifying experience of her life as a teenager.

But by divine intervention, Emmanuela returned to tell the grueling story of her kidnapp and how she was slated for rituals before God set her free. But other ten passengers could not live to tell their stories.

According to her, “I entered the bus from Igbogbo around 7pm. I was going to my church for our Thursday vigil. When I entered the bus, I noticed that all the passengers in the bus were sleeping. They were about ten. I felt something was wrong and I quickly told the driver to stop for me that I had forgotten my transport fare at home.

The conductor then said that I should not worry that he would not collect money from me. I insisted I would get down, shouting that I was going to church and I would not be able to come back home even if he did not collect money from me. But he refused. As we were arguing on that, the conductor immediately brought out a handkerchief and waved it on my face and that was the last thing I remembered.

“I then saw myself at a shrine with other victims. The following day at the shrine, they began to kill others with knife and machete one after the other. Although we were blindfolded, yet, I was able to see a bit of what was going on. They decided Sunday would be my turn when they would conclude their rituals.”

“We were there without food or water, and when it got to my turn on Sunday, I was taken to the shrine again along with the remaining two. But I heard one of them saying ‘no, they should return me back to where they picked me. We were three left out of about eleven people.”

Emmanuela

But instead of returning me back to where they picked me , they kept me somewhere. The following day which was Monday, they took the three of us back to the shrine. The other two were killed that day, leaving only me. One of them again told the men that they should look for another person to replace me and that they should return me immediately. But they refused saying that they cannot return me and that they should manage and use me like that.

After the argument, I was laid at the shrine, at that point, with the little consciousness I had, I was praying, I was weak and could not even move my body. I realised that the killer could not bring his knife on me. The next thing I heard was that ‘take this girl away’. Again, that was what I saw until I found myself at the Ita Elewa, Ikorodu late at night.”

Emmanuela said: “It was dark, I didn’t know how I got there; I just suddenly discovered I was out of their hands, but I was very weak. There, I saw a man in a suit walking on the street. I approached him and asked him where I was? He told me Ita-Elewa; I begged him to take me to my church because it was very close to the area they dropped me. He obliged me. When I entered the church, I fell and lay by the gate.

“As a member of the drama group, we usually hold drama rehearsals every Tuesdays. So, it was co-incidental that the members of the group were there at that time. Somebody who was sent by our leader to check the gate saw me and took me inside, prayed for me and gave me food to eat. Throughout my stay there, I was never hungry, until I came out.”

Asked to describe the area where the ritual took place, Emmanuela said what she saw were materials and accessories used by ritualists, such as charms, knives, machetes among others.

She explained that it was an isolated area, adding “there is no living house in the area. I really don’t know the place, but what I saw there were things used by ritualists. I can’t really say whether it was in Ikododu or its outskirts and I can’t determine the time we spent on the road because I didn’t even know how I got there.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/how-girl-13-miraculously-escaped-from-ritualists-10-others-used-for-rituals/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by martin92(m): 9:45am On Oct 20, 2012
The spirits rejected her meat. Lwkmd
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by freecocoa(f): 9:45am On Oct 20, 2012
Hmm, were they acting drama ni?
This story just dey too nollywoodish but if na true sha, we thank jah for her life undecided

2 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Keziehenry(m): 9:47am On Oct 20, 2012
d finger of God
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Keziehenry(m): 9:48am On Oct 20, 2012
indeed ur God is alive!

3 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Havilah93(m): 9:50am On Oct 20, 2012
such things still happen o....thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Zazu04: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2012
Story story, story. She knows so much about some things, and knows so little about others.
Thank God for her life.

1 Like

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by francescainnoce(f): 9:53am On Oct 20, 2012
may the favour of God continue to shower on you like th rain from the sky..
both now and forever you shall always be victorious and never wil you b victimize again..
your life is just a testimony and d light of God shall continue to shine on you...
i love dis testimony
God you are great and nothing is to be compare to u...
Hossanna in da highest

7 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by adonisyung(m): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2012
I d0nt beleiv! But tank G0d though
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Exponental(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2012
Money n Power!
The root of all evil!!

O Lord, deliver us not into the hands of the evil ones n make us not visible to their eyes!!! (Amen)

2 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by illiterati: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2012
like your name Emmanuel-la, God is with u.
May God be with us in this country.

4 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2012
Igbogbo,ita elewa,ikorodu.....hmmm lipsrsealed odi egwu!
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2012
thank God for your life.

men wan make moni before december.
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by UNLEASHED(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2012
Na her boyfriend house she go for vigil from Thursday till Monday. To evade the wrath of angry parents na why she come tell story...No forget say she dey drama group for church

2 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Burger01(m): 10:10am On Oct 20, 2012
Hmmmm. Mmmmmm. OK.
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by gemini35(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2012
[quote author=Callotti]See her 'Dumebi:The Dirty Village Fat Girl' face! angry
What are you doing in Lagos?
Don't you know the road to Aba?
How do we know the real ritualists if YOU BIAFRANS will not stay in the East? undecided
No sympathies. . . the ritualists may be from any parts of Nigeria.
Thanks to Igbotic migrants and nomads like you!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!![/
How do we know the real ritualists if YOU BIAFRANS will not stay in the East? undecided
calloti u are daft and illiterate,if don,( hv any reasonable thing to comment u shut ur dirty mouth
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 20, 2012
Callotti: See her 'Dumebi:The Dirty Village Fat Girl' face! angry
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
u dnt av regard for human life u ofe nmanu people........instead of tankin God ur are there sayin sumtin else

1 Like

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by chymystique(f): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2012
martin92: The spirits rejected her meat. Lwkmd
grin grin... Ets not funny jor ¥̥̩ r u lafn?? Buh somhow dis is funny oooo... Hahaha.. E beta how d spirit rejected her meat ooo.
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by ghettodreamz(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2012
What a narrow escape. The unimaginable hands of God @ wrk there. Somebody praise the Lord, Halleluyah!

The Lord is a Good God....

..............All the TIME

1 Like

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by tooblessed: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2012
We just have to pray that God should have mercy on our great country Nigeria. This story is true. I have a colleague in the office, whose 14 years old daughter and a neighbour's child are missing since last saturday along Ajah road. They were going to the church according to the story and entered a commercial bus and that was it till now. If you returning home in the night please take your time to observe the bus you want to join. This thing is real and happening. Thank God for your life Emmanuella.

2 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by benzion72(m): 10:38am On Oct 20, 2012
Where are the atheist on nairaland? Since they denied God do they accept the existence of devil.

2 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by CHARLOE(m): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2012
You guys are EITHER funny or ignorant. So u don't believe things like this happen everyday in lagos? well i've met about 3 pple with similar experience, as in, 1st hand account, from d horses mouth!. D one that shocked me d most was d account of 1 of my customers; he boarded a bus frm ikeja under bridge to ogba and according to him, when he entered d bus he noticed everybody was sleeping and he suddenly started feeling sleepy. He realised what was happening and immediately brought out the screW-driver in his pocket and started stabbing those of dem around him including d driver, and when they cldn't handle him , he was finally pushed down (on top speed) around caterpiller bus-stop in ogba. He said for 1 wk he cldn't eat and for 2-months he cldn't talk. D jazz took close to 3 months to wear off.
What's even more worrisome on this thread and d country as a whole is that instead of pple getting angry and calling on d govt and security agents to arrest d situation they're calling and tanking god for d lucky 1, what about d unfortunate 10, paints a hopless situation. It's a daunting task for sure but we have to do sometin about it, it's not enof to tank God for d lucky few that escaped, what of d thousands that get killed every year? it could be u or ur family or friends.
Our govt, security agents have all failed us, agreed, but who will lead d fight against dis hienous crime against humanity? d pple that should, have also failed us- religous leaders, NGOs etc cos i feel dis is a good opportunity for BIG MEN OF GOD TO MAKE THIER VOICE HEARD AND STAND ON THE SIDE OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE. But it's obvious they're only concerned about thier business and even FRATERNISE with d pple that patronise these ritualists. I WEEP FOR THIS COUNTRY!

9 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by topsyking: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2012
I have know ikorodu to be the hub of ritualist in the Lagos...very notorious for ORO ritual and killings..most times dead body is found by the road side...I can never live there
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by browncool(m): 10:52am On Oct 20, 2012
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
I am not an Ibo guy but I think you should get a life or better still if you don't know what to type, then, stick your fingers to your mouth instead of the keyboard.

9 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by goldfish80(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2012
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

U̶̲̥̅̊ are such a pathetic low-life ijit

3 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by golden56(f): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2012
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

Watch ur mouth mista nd if u dnt hv anytin gud to say 'shut it'

2 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Orikinla(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2012
[size=28pt]These voodoo crimes can only happen in an uncivilized nation like Nigeria.
The simple solution to it is to comb all villages and forests in Nigeria and destroy all shrines and arrest all the native doctors and spiritualists in every village and town for interrogation and prosecution.

All the rituals these black savages do have not turned them into Bill Gates or Warren Buffet and even when you visit their villages, there is nothing spectacular about the architecture to show they have made money.

With all the bragging and noise about Nigerian billionaires, their villages are still looking like Europe in the Middle Ages and even in Lagos, there is no single spectacular feature of architecture to impress foreign tourists, except the bad roads, cheap call girls and second rate five star hotels with unhygienic kitchens and dirty poorly paid staff whose sight can make foreign tourists from the US and Europe sick.
Dirty and filthy Nigerians who as we all know are the beneficiaries and errand boys and girls of the cultists doing these evil rituals for political contractors and political godfathers in the corridors of power, including the cultists on the campuses who are the rookies of their bosses in government offices and private boardrooms. How many students who are cultists have been arrested and prosecuted?
How many of their girlfriends have reported them to the police?
Are their girlfriends not the same girls here who collect thousands of naira as cash gifts from them and also collect other expensive gifts from these cultists?
All the Blackberry girls and girls with their expensive Brazilian hair and other fake attachments are the beneficiaries of these cultists who have been kidnapping innocent people and using them for their bloody get-rich-quick rituals in different shrines in Nigeria and later come online pretending to be innocent.
And many of those here reading this gory report are among their beneficiaries, well wishers and employees who never bother to ask the sources of their ill gotten riches, and come here posing and posturing as good people in our midst, but are dogs and vipers on the prowl camouflaging as church going Christians and mosque going Muslims. But by their live styles and what they do indoors they have made Nigeria a bloody nation of bastards, idi-ots breading id-ots and crooks and rogues of all sorts. All those engaged in all forms of malpractices in all spheres of activities in the Nigerian society are as bad and evil as these same cultists. And if we don't expose them all, they will continue with their crimes and evils destroying innocent lives in Nigeria.[/size]

7 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2012
some folks just exhibit dere stupidity anywhere dey are.
@post.... The lord delivers his true own, may d name of d lord be lifted high.
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by omenziate(m): 11:17am On Oct 20, 2012
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!

Ur father should have masturba-te-d ur sorry ass, hw u manage to tribalise every issue still eludes me. To even think u are a girl is beyond comprehension, ur children or relatives will suffer d same fate . Mayb u would spew such drivels. Stoopid tin dat should have been incinreated wit heaps of dirt in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by morzook(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2012
This reminds me of a neighbour who's daughter had a similar experience... turned out she spent the kidnap period (weekend) in her boyfriend's house. That said, how about those that were killed -if the story was true- is it that they were not religious enough, had no God or were forsook just so the religious ones can have one more reason to thank God?

*justthinkingaloud*
Re: 13yr-Old Girl Narrates Her Ordeal With Ritualist by drzed: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm, were they acting drama ni?
This story just dey too nollywoodish but if na true sha, we thank jah for her life undecided

Abi? The story is too dramatic. And what I find most intriguing is the quality of English being used by this 13 year old, to express herself in the article (script) above.

Check these sentences out for example:

"Although we were blindfolded, yet, I was able to see a bit of what was going on. They decided Sunday would be my turn when they would conclude their rituals"

And this one...

"As a member of the drama group, we usually hold drama rehearsals every Tuesdays. So, it was co-incidental that the members of the group were there at that time".

There is something fishy here. How many graduates of today can express themselves with grammar of such quality? The flow, the punctuation, and vocabulary (e.g. "conclude their rituals"; "it was co-incidental"; etc) are not attributes you'd find in the written or spoken languages of typical 13 year olds.

We are here in Nairaland everyday and we see how both teenagers and even adults struggle to express themselves on common issues. Now, a 13 year old has used flawless grammar to narrate a story about kidnap and rituals. Hmmmm.....

I have been known to be wrong before anyway, but I am just saying. The story (and English) is too much like a script or what freecocoa termed as being "nollywoodish".

Anyhow, we thank God. The whole thing ended happily.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Takes Rat Poison In Bauchi In Apparent Suicide (Disturbing Photos) / Two Nigerians Arrested For Hacking Ghana Armed Forces Mails / Police Uncover Fraudsters’ Den In Ogun (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.