Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,289 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? (4512 Views)

3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee / French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. / Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by fittty(m): 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Omo Alata: [size=14pt]I just asked him. He said they have no kids. I ran the asylum issue past him. He said he is looking into 'other things' which he will discuss with me when he next sees me in church[/size]

Are you sure this person you're talking about isn't you or your hubby? JustSayingThough#
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by coogar: 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
Omo Alata:

I dunno. I think he's planning to do a marriage of convenience. He didn't say so in so many words lipsrsealed

marriage of convenience to an old european woman? i laugh in kebbi....he would be caught n arrested! if he must marry, she must be nigerian with a believable tale attached to it. no awkward age difference, no cultural difference, no wide gulf in class otherwise your friend would go to jail! bogus wedding is a serious offence lately!
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by jkbimmy(m): 5:13am On Oct 22, 2012
@you
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by OmoAlata(f): 6:42am On Oct 22, 2012
fittty:

Are you sure this person you're talking about isn't you or your hubby? JustSayingThough#

Do a search on my postings on nairaland before spewing out nonsense KMT angry I hope you know how to do this as you sound a bit thick. Anyway, simply click on a user's username and it should bring up some previous postings they've made KMT.
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by fittty(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
Omo Alata:

Do a search on my postings on nairaland before spewing out nonsense KMT angry I hope you know how to do this as you sound a bit thick. Anyway, simply click on a user's username and it should bring up some previous postings they've made KMT.

My bad

I barely read usernames. I focus more on the comment
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by MiniG: 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
Your friend has a number of options;
1.Let him go back and re-enter legally (safest option, though cost intensive)
2.Talk to an immigration lawyer, they know the legal loopholes to exploit. The best advice you can get here is mere conjectures as nobody here knows the details of his situation.
3.Stay put and damn the consequences.

Lastly, he can
4.Increase his faith in God and pray for miracles. (Oh yeah, miracles still happen)
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by OmoAlata(f): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mini G: Your friend has a number of options;
1.Let him go back and re-enter legally (safest option, though cost intensive)
2.Talk to an immigration lawyer, they know the legal loopholes to exploit. The best advice you can get here is mere conjectures as nobody here knows the details of his situation.
3.Stay put and damn the consequences.

Lastly, he can
4.Increase his faith in God and pray for miracles. (Oh yeah, miracles still happen)

He said he'll let me know his plans when we meet tomorrow in church. I'll update this thread once I know more wink
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by onatisi(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2012
this case sounds somehow stupid to me ,what was the guy thinking of for 8 solid years and yet didnt legalise his stay?sad sad sad
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by suxes2005(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
This is highly interesting. Mehn, Justwise, Omo Alata and Coogar you guys are good.

There was a time someone from Nairaland here told me about some similar case.
What he said was he had to find his way to Dublin (Ireland) and seek for asylum there

Dunno if it will work for your friend.

Sheyi
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by OmoAlata(f): 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
Seems like having a child is no longer a valid reason for staying. This was in all today's papers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-20035679

G4S used force on pregnant woman at Cedars centre

A pregnant woman in a wheelchair was tipped up and had her feet held by staff as she was forcibly removed from the UK, inspectors have said.

I don't know which country she was deported to.

'Unacceptable force' used by G4S staff deporting pregnant woman

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/23/g4s-deportation-force-pregnant-woman?newsfeed=true
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by topsyking: 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
I think this thread is a scene from a magazine
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by topsyking: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
I think this thread is turning into a scene from a magazine
Re: He's In London Illegally, What Are His Chances? by OmoAlata(f): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
topsyking: I think this thread is turning into a scene from a magazine

The topsyking magazine of fiction (abua number 1) lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thailand And Cambodia Visa Enquiries / Why Do Nigerians Love America So Much? / Why Are Some Nigerians Abroad Not Proud Of Their Jobs (photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.