Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? (13356 Views)

The Black Man: Unchained Libido And Its Wake Of Destruction. / This Is Rap Culture,mode 9 Featuring Double Six / Proper Greeting For Black American Meeting Boyfriend's Nigerian Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
I think most of the time people are endeared to the beats first and not lyrics. You don't dance to lyrics you dance to beats. The commercial rap artistes understand this.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Dipwater(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
KINGwax: God bless my only true poet and rapper: Tupac Amaru Shakur!

My opinion; 2pac is average in terms of content
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by ba7man(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
Rap music is lyk a tool, what the rapper chooses to do with that tool is now the issue. I view a lot of them as story tellers, tellin stories of violence in their communities and their personal experiences. B'cos a rapper says he carries a gun doesn't mean i have to carry one too but a fool will do likewise.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by LongOne1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
Well, I used to be a fan until these ‘noise makers’ came into the scene. Rap music helped shape a younger me or shall I say, played a fatherly role. Then gain, it got into a lot of trouble, due to the stubborn streak it created. I had friends whose lives were ruined, as they wanted to be like 2pac. Heck, some even lost their lives.

Guess rap music to the blacks is the same as what hard rock music is to the whites; definitely hazardous to health. Speaking of which, I went to Jay-Z and Kanye’s watch the throne London concert sometime this year and it was mostly whites/Asians there. Therefore, I guess it affects everyone, regardless of race.

#now, where is that my sacred Indian chants cd# No more rap music, lol.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by MrGlobe(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dipwater:

your opinions is below average.. very low. I used to question 2pacs hype and content until I went deep into his catalogue. I must say 2 pac is a god. Listen to songs like time to die, only God can jugde me, Hail Mary, unborn child, keep your head up, man the list is endless and tell me musicians that can march his content. Its different if you dont listen to lyrics but 2pac is a prophet. AT any mood I am, there is a pac song to provide soundtrack for it.

1 Like

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by ril19(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
say all u may about rap music but u can't seperate people like me 4rm good rap music, especially hard-core! Rap is poetic which makes it appeal to me so well. Think of the punchlines, metaphors, and wordplays. All these takes hard work to arrive at. I can hardly say how far back-dated the violent content of rap is, but i know it has always been there. Study the true rap culture and u'll find u can't seperate rap n violence. Good beats also make good rap songs; this is indisputable. The likes of mode9 in nigeria, eminem, common, jay z, etceterra has got it. As 4 me, i'm keeping my boom-box still.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
birdman:

I hear you, but its not that simple. Didn't we just lose a dear nairalander in some chicago 'burb sometime back? A well brought up kid by all accounts - yet other people's badly brought up kids had an involuntary influence on his life. We shouldnt hand wave stuff like this away.

Yes we did. May he rest in perfect peace.
With that said understand i am not making any excuses but if you were to interview the man who took him from us you will find what i am saying to be true. He was clearly a misguided person to believe it is ok to rob and kill an unarmed person. That is not black culture nor is it black american culture. Just a sad reality and reminder of what a lack of proper parenting or having that strong figure/influence can cause.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Shalome(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
birdman:

They used to be just a reflection. But now, its actually influencing youth who are the future. Look at Chicago for example, and the rise of the likes of Chief Keef.
chief keef song is blazing in chi town but to me that song is super wack
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by DICKtator: 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
kikuyu1: Honestly I've never been a fan. I think its juvenile at best and tedious. How many times can a thug mumble about bling and killing,c'mon!However,I've been directed to Prof.Griff's videos explaining how its stars are knowingly being used to spread negativity and subtle messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkosdfmIRE&feature=related
Particularly to those US based nairalanders,do you agree with the basic contention? Personally I do.

The prof is hungry. His messages are outdated. He needs to switch to fuji!!!. Public Enemy is now private Chum.
hehehe
Jay Z evolved with time. They just couldn't
Listen to Poor Righteous Teachers,and all of the Soulquarians to gain knowledge!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by MrGlobe(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
lol, I think that little boy Chief keef is a problem. Everybody is afraid of the guy.
But the Labels are to blame for what hip hop has become today. They go about signing people based on buzz instead of talent. Tell me why someone like gucci mane should have a record deal, even chief keep is with interscope. So the labels are after their money, they are putting money behind whats trending. Real hip hop is underground. No longer mainstream. What we have now is hip pop.

By the way if you want good music go buy that kendrick lamar album. thats what hip hop is

2 Likes

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
Only Blacks are dumb enough to correlate a musical Genre as the Embodiment of their entire Race of People

You don't see the so called White Race using Grunge Rock and Heavy Metal as their Soul Life Lines correlating to their Existence.

Marilyn Manson Never Represented all white people and "white culture" nor race, and Neither Does "Gucci Man"

...Stop embarrassing yourselves by always trying so hard to sound intelligent. When the basis of the Argument is Drenched in Idiocy

With That being said, Todays Rap on the Large scale is Utter Garbage.

1 Like

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by DICKtator: 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
blame N.W.A.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
DICKtator: blame N.W.A.
grin grin grin grin

~~~^Even though he was being Sarcastic Nwa and Gangsta Rap did bring in a Form of Widespread Ignorance That was Pioneered....

And Popularized, an Anti Authority Anti Education Anti Knowledge form of aggression, That young hip hop heads embraced.

The Greatest of the Gangsta Rap Generation, ironically was Tupac...yet some of you idolize him

So how serious are your views if you praise the GodFather of Ignorant Rap?...

...Not Too Serious at all I would Assume.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by ochukoccna: 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
Maybe today's commercial rap where all they rap about is drugs, alcohol, booty, big rims and bling
Any true hip hip head knows the glory days are long gone even though the 'gods' of that age are still alive even if not in the game actively
Methinks 2pac and Biggie Smalls allowed what they spit out to dictate their lifestyles
Also personal egos [which the establishment capitalized upon to eliminate especially 'Pac] to influence their viewpoints which lead to their deaths and erosion of the fathers who laid the foundations upon which they both strode as colossuses
Who would listen to 'Brenda's got a baby' or 'LORD KNOWS' and not connect with what poor black ghetto youth go through? embarassed embarassed
All Pac, Biggie and most 'gangsta' rappers spit out was the deprivations they encountered in their hood
Yeah they were loud and bragged a times [unlike today's material donkeys] but they were only exhibiting man's mortal material weakness which we all exhibit in varied measures
Both are long gone now, God bless the dead and true hip hop is dead [well almost] cry cry
All we have now are temple serfs desiring worship but sixpence is the same as half a dozen cool cool

Dipwater:
Mr Globe answered you well
Pac is a global hip hop god living eternally in the heartz of men
Stop hating tongue tongue

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Orikinla(m): 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
I-YuckMouf-I:
Rap does not breed the Ignorance,The Ignorance Breeds the Rap

Hip Hop could have been a useful political tool, Till the Ignorant Crack Baby Generation came along and Fuccked it all Up.

I need not add more.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
Shout out to the Homie Yuckmouf for spitting that Knowledge.

You guys all praise Tupac...yet condemn the bastardized ignorant rap generation he "Fathered"

...Hilarious

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
He was the Greatest, But he was such a good "Actor" He influenced so many With his Influential Innovative Creativity and his Electric Charisma....

It turned out to be a Negative, because the same reason why all the modern day basketball players patterned their game after "Jordan"

Is the same with Rap...all the Rappers wanted to be Gangsters and Thugs like their Idol Pac....

They patterned their "Life"/Game after the iconic "Thug"

Read what is across his stomach and tell me how many Black Males have lost their lives because of it.......

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by MrGlobe(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
~Royal~:
Shout out to the Homie Yuckmouf for spitting that Knowledge.

You guys all praise Tupac...yet condemn the bastardized ignorant rap generation he "Fathered"

...Hilarious

niqqa sit ________/

A lot of people believe if pac is alive, the game wont be so dumbed down as it is today.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:

niqqa sit ________/

A lot of people believe if pac is alive, the game wont be so dumbed down as it is today.

Pac would have fell off and gotten corny just like every Other Rapper....

He would have been like a Dmx....

You can't rap about Thuggin at 40 fam

Pacs time had an expiration date just like every other rapper who has had a "Prime"

Pac's "Lyrics" were nursery rhymes.......

"Enemies...while drinking Hennessyyy"

Get tha fuc outa here......

You don't want to debate me with Hip Hop. cool
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by MrGlobe(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
God bless you @ochukoccna for that image up there.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Take away Dre's Beats and You will see Pac was spitting garbage Nursery Rhymes as Well....

I ain't got no mother/fucking friends
That's why I fuc/ked your bitch
You fat motherfu/cker (Take Money)
West Side
Bad Boy Killers (Take Money)
You know who the realist is
niggas we bring it to (Take Money)
(ha ha, that's alright)

First off, fu/ck your bitch
And the clique you claim
West side when we ride
Come equipped with game
You claim to be a player
But I fuc/ked your wife
We bust on Bad Boys
niggas Bleep for Life
Plus Puffy tryin' to see me weak
Hearts I rip
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia
Some mark ass bitches
We keep on coming
While we running for your jewels
Steady gunning
Keep on busting at them fools
You know the rules
Little Ceasar go ask you homie
How I'll leave you
Cut your young ass up
See you in pieces
Now be deceased
Little Kim,
Don't Bleep around with real G's
Quick to snatch your ugly ass, off the streets
So Bleep peace
I'll let them niggas know
It's on for Life
Don't let the west side
Ride the night (ha ha)
Bad Boys murdered on Wax and kill
Bleep with me
And get your caps peeled
You know, see

I was gonna continue to censor the words...but he said "fhuck" so many times it was pointless...

lol@people who thought pac was a Lyricist
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lyrics were trash

His Energy and Dre's Production Pushed Trash Lyrics to the Top.

You see what Dre did with Eminem....

Dre Made Pac and Em..

Lyrically Em is better than Pac

Lyrically Nas is Better than Pac

Pac was like Dmx. Corny Thug style with nursery rhymes but allot of ENERGY, and Passion.

He was the best at that Style.

You kids don't know ish about Hip Hop cool

1 Like

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by MrGlobe(m): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
~Royal~:

Pacs time had an expiration date just like every other rapper who has had a "Prime"

wtf.. I advised you to have a seat. calling pacs ryhmes nursery renders your whole post invalid and disqualifies you from going into a back and forth with me. You dont know pac's music. Dre didnt produce all tupacs music. pac was even dissing dre. You call someone's ryhmes that produced multiple classic albums nursery. You are a big clown. Pac was respected for one thing, his ryhmes and realness. stfu and listen to music.

You bring a diss song and want us to judge him with a diss song. Classic diss song too at that. smfh at the creatures I see here on NL

1 Like

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
Name one song Pac Had with Lyrical Complexity....

Ill wait.....

Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Ignatio(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
The first rap song was a party track. Sugarhill gang - Rappers' delight. They were just bragging about their swag and money.so apart from the violence today's rap music is towing the same line of braggadocio rhymes.
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by MrGlobe(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
~Royal~:

wtf.. I advised you to have a seat. calling pacs ryhmes nursery renders your whole post invalid and disqualifies you from going into a back and forth with me. You dont know pac's music. Dre didnt produce all tupacs music. pac was even dissing dre. You call someone's ryhmes that produced multiple classic albums nursery. You are a big clown. Pac was respected for one thing, his ryhmes and realness. stfu and listen to music.

You bring a diss song and want us to judge him with a diss song. Classic diss song too at that. smfh at the creatures I see here on NL
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
You see brenda's got a baby, but brenda's barely got a brain...a damn shame the girl can hardly spell her name

GTFO!

same syllable over and Over...

oh i guess that is a diss song too? Lmfao grin

Name One Song ...ONE SONG..with intricate lyrical complexity...

He was a 1 and 2 syllable nursery Rhyme Rapper......

Name One....
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
So many battlefield scars while driven in plush cars~This life as a rap star is nothin without heart
Was born rough and rugged, addressin the mad public~My attitude was, Fuhck it," cause motherfuhckers love it

..."My Attitude was Fhuck it cause Motherfuhckers Love it".... undecided

Oh this is the Intricate Lyrical Prophet you speak of?...

Lmfao...

Im waiting....

Name one Song....

I am a Living Hip Hop Encyclopedia
cool
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by kpolli(m): 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
kikuyu1: Honestly I've never been a fan. I think its juvenile at best and tedious. How many times can a thug mumble about bling and killing,c'mon!However,I've been directed to Prof.Griff's videos explaining how its stars are knowingly being used to spread negativity and subtle messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkosdfmIRE&feature=related
Particularly to those US based nairalanders,do you agree with the basic contention? Personally I do.

That's why u need to grow up and stop listening to wack rappers. . . You can't appreciate rap that way
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by baslone: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
~Royal~:
Name one song Pac Had with Lyrical Complexity....

Ill wait.....

You need τ̲̅ȍ stay off drugz!!
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
You wanna go digital underground era....

"When i clown around with the Underground when i come around"....

Lmfao...

Keep Going?

You wanna go Makaveli Era?...

Let me introduce the topic, then we drop it~~~
Expose snakes cause they breath freely, see me ride?~~~
Located world wide like the art of graffiti~~
I think I'm tougher than Nitti, my attitude is shitttty~~~

.... undecided

Keep going?..You tell me?....

Garbage Lyrics after Garbage Lyrics....

"i Think im Tougher than Nitti, my attitude is shittty.".....<---Lmfao

Ehhhh?...Is this the Immortal Lyrical Prophet You Speak of?

With these primitive bars.....

Just to give you an Example of How simplistic pac was as a Rapper...

Damian Marley spit better rhymes than Pac ever did On Patience...

Check this Legendary Spit Game......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPCp48nYGw&feature=player_embedded#!

Some of the smartest dummies~~~~ cool
Can't read the language of Egyptian mummies ~~~~~~ cool
An' a fly go a moon And can't find food for the starving tummies~~~~~~ cool
Pay no mind to the youths ~~~~~
Cause it's not like the future depends on it~~~~~
But save the animals in the zoo ~~~~
Cause the chimpanzee dem a make big money ~~~~~
This is how the media pillages On the TV the picture is Savages in villages And the scientist still can't explain the pyramids, cheesy
huh Evangelists making a living on the videos of ribs of the little kids ~~~~~
Stereotyping the image of the images~~~ cool
And this is what the image is ~~~~
You buy a khaki pants And all of a sudden you say a Indiana Jones~~~
An' a thief out gold and thief out the scrolls and even the buried bones ~~~~ cheesy
Some of the worst paparazzis I've ever seen and I ever known ~~~~
Put the worst on display so the world can see And that's all they will ever show ~~~~
So the ones in the west Will never move east And feel like they could be at home ~~~~~
Dem get tricked by the beast But a where dem ago flee when the monster is fully grown? ~~~~~
Solomonic linage whe dem still can't defeat and them coulda never clone ~~~~~
My spiritual DNA that print in my soul and I will forever Own Lord~~~ cool

#DebatingWithClowns.

Pac and Lyricist should not be in the same sentence.... ^These are Lyrics... and Dame not even an All That "ILL" Lyricist....
Re: Is Rap A Blueprint For Black Self Destruction? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
Comparing that Slop pac use to throw on tracks and calling them Lyrics....

Pac was great for his Delivery...not for what he was "Delivering"...There is a difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? / Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? / Yoruba People And Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.