Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,611 members, 7,827,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Would You Call This Deceitful? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Call This Deceitful? (3853 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Call This Deceitful? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 23, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Your cousin makes a shi*t load of sense.

Private Education is no mean feat and at nursery / primary level, you're looking at a cool £3500 average per term. Multiply that by 3 and you get what it costs for 1 year. Mind you, that excludes drama, sporting activities, music (instrumental lessons), school trips, insurance and school lunches. The cost of the uniforms (with the embeded school logo) will set you aside nothing less than £250 - £350 for the full kit.

It's even more expensive at secondary school where you'd be looking at spending on average at the very least a cool £15K per year on JUST tuition.

I should know 'cos we're currently down that route for our boys...

lol #embebed logo

Are you paying as an international student for their tuition or as a citizen if I may ask cos these people in question I believe(as per OP)are based in UK so they are pretty settled ? or else those boys better bring one of Queen's great-great-granddaughter home O! no be small thing! cheesy

IMO, first time moms say that a lot , she'll get over it, so tell your cousin to relax OP.
Re: Would You Call This Deceitful? by maclatunji: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2012
jennykadry: @Efe

I want to be like you when I grow up.

@topic

Lmao@ him having a second wife that will bore him "extra" kids.....and we wonder why Nigeria is the way it is now. So if he marries a second wife her life will be over ni? She will kill herself eh kwa? Or she will lose out? Why did out parents send us to school if we cannot use the exposure education has brought to us over time to handle issues?

Why do primitive men think that a man can make or break a woman? With all the supposed education? Let him go and marry again nawww. Don't I have a right to say and decide on what goes in and out of my body in cases where serious factors have been considered?

LOL! I know you don't care if your husband marries another woman. You are superunbreakable Jenny. grin

Women! Too much mouth.
Re: Would You Call This Deceitful? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^ in my world there is something called sacrifice. We both make sacrifices and sometimes we have to put our foot down and say no. Imagine a man asking his wife to try one more time for a girl after being told that another CS may cost her, her life.

If the man decides to marry a second wife that will give him a girl, then so be it. Life does not start and end with being with a man.

I don't get why people think every woman have to take trash form their men to have a peaceful home
Re: Would You Call This Deceitful? by maclatunji: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2012
jennykadry: ^^^ in my world there is something called sacrifice. We both make sacrifices and sometimes we have to put our foot down and say no. Imagine a man asking his wife to try one more time for a girl after being told that another CS may cost her, her life.

Are you talking of this story or in general terms? I haven't seen this anywhere else on this thread

jennykadry:
If the man decides to marry a second wife that will give him a girl, then so be it. Life does not start and end with being with a man.

I don't get why people think every woman have to take trash form their men to have a peaceful home

Fair enough, but should the man also "take thrash" from his woman all in the name of being a "good" man? Let us reason together.
Re: Would You Call This Deceitful? by EfemenaXY: 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2012
maclatunji: ^LOL. Don't go preaching potential marriage breaking sermons jor. Whether you are married in Otukpo, Chelsea or Siberia. No sane person wants to have a failed marriage. The way to do that is to maintain balance. Forget money, what if the child decides that he wants a state run school? Where would all of Mommy's super planning go?

Go and write a novel or something and stop having an e-debate with moi tongue.

The only person preaching "marriage breaking sermons" here is you.

Unmarried people like you assume marriage is black or white. Your self-centred, myopic, high BP inducing views are enough to drive a sane person mental.

Imagine the cheek telling a woman how many children she must have! Or that if she doesn't comply, then the husband should be at liberty to go marry outside and produce X + 3 number of kids!!

When eventually you do get married, make sure you drum it into your daughter that once married, her career flushes down the toilet. She's forbidden to use her brain (assuming you do put her through school) to make decisions. Her "place" in her husband's home is to bear as many kids as possible. Have them first. Then think about where the funds for their upkeep would come from.

jidegirl12:

lol #embebed logo

Are you paying as an international student for their tuition or as a citizen if I may ask cos these people in question I believe(as per OP)are based in UK so they are pretty settled ? or else those boys better bring one of Queen's great-great-granddaughter home O! no be small thing! cheesy

IMO, first time moms say that a lot , she'll get over it, so tell your cousin to relax OP.

Omo Queen's pikin. Born and Bred Brits.
Re: Would You Call This Deceitful? by noblegrex: 9:41am On Jul 10, 2015
Na konji they worry your cousin no b pickin him want, n even at that, he need not worry thank God u made things easy by stating d reasons cos some won't if that's all sha. Bt I gess your cousins' wife has a very good intention cos she knws what her hobby is what. Y u won't plenty children when u no b soldier. Say u CBN governor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Looking For A House In A Silent & Peaceful location-Hungerbad / Your Perspective On This Family Issue / Good Crèche Wanted Around VI, Lekki, Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.