Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,530 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price (6423 Views)

How To Reduce Excess Salt In Your Food!!!. / Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by DeCleff(m): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
Recently in the Rivers State a basin of garri was sold at #5,000 which was blamed on the flood that affected several parts of the country.
But its unfortunate that most communities which the flood didn't affected by the flood also increased the price of the commodity due to increased demand.

In the state some communities which produces the commodity in Etche, Ogoni, oyigbo, ikwerre etc, has been ordered by the governor to crash the price of garri since their communities weren't affected by the flood.

Now the price has crashed from 5000/per basin to 2,200/per basin in some part of the state.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by martyns303(m): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
Can he do that?

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by DeCleff(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
martyns303: Can he do that?
He already did and the price in my area has crashed to #2,200 per basin

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by pheyikemi: 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
Is dat price real pls? If yes, wot kinda garri is dat? Is it made of gold?
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by DeCleff(m): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
pheyikemi: Is dat price real pls? If yes, wot kinda garri is dat? Is it made of gold?
u fit swallow gold? I don talk d truth na, abi wetin u wan hear again.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by SlyIg(f): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2012
As in eh? ? I tire for dis poor farmers o. Dem for do worst if they should have an opportunity of entering politics. Can you imagine?

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by otokx(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
beans nko?

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
After I don giv am enof voice, omo I get mout Ooo.
I go soon go see goofluck for rice and beans matter mek una no worry cool

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by otokx(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2012
its not really the farmers fault, they were on their own selling at 2500 when FG came to buy their Garri to supply flood victims, FG started buying the Garri at 4500 and before you know it people that were not flood victims did not have any one to buy again. If its you does it not make sense to sell it to the FG at 4500.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2012
Where is Seun shaGARRI and co? good news finally...seems like their battle for "Garri for all" is paying off.

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Youngzedd(m): 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Garri again.

Garri group e don land 4 una.

Truly the price reduced a bit in Anambra state.

Beans still dey high like Gold.

Imagine how a family of 12 will cope.
Something has to be done as soon as possible.

This flood really cause garri inflation.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by chemashie(m): 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
Atleast our GARRY activists can now give us breathing space & stop wasting their bandwidth. You people should appreciate the efforts of seun osewa for this.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by CLIQBOY(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
na him plant am
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by kacheezy: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
This news no concern Nadia Buari...after all she no dey chop garri.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by dhtmlextreme1: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
[size=16pt]AT LONG LAST!!! THE PRICE OF GARRI IS ABOUT TO REDUCE IN THE MARKET!!!! WHERE ARE MY OTHER GARRI PEOPLE?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by BrutusOj(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
And how does dis afects d price of beans? grin
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by dhtmlextreme1: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2012
ItsModella: Where is Seun shaGARRI and co? good news finally...seems like their battle for "Garri for all" is paying off.
Our garri party has finally prevailed, this calls for celebration - we are having a garri-nite!

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by somegirl1: 6:13pm On Oct 20, 2012
perhaps if people started to import, local producers would forced to reduce prices further
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
Finally, a thread that satisfies the yearning of the NL garri squad. The garri siege on NL should be over with this.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by timpaker(m): 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2012
the dreaded garri has bn gaining enough recognision these days...
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Donkonyon: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2012
tell gov Amaechi or whatever u call him to fix roads in Rivers state especially Oyigbo town nd leave d poor farmers alone.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by fittty(m): 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
grin
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by DeCleff(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
SlyIg: As in eh? ? I tire for dis poor farmers o. Dem for do worst if they should have an opportunity of entering politics. Can you imagine?
My dear i tire oooo. Thats why corruption is everywhere in naija and what we see in government is the exact reflection of Nigerians.

I remembered when orange was hot cake in PH just because Ameach destroyed/demolished illegal structures in d state.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Ninilowo(m): 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
*:
[size=16pt]AT LONG LAST!!! THE PRICE OF GARRI IS ABOUT TO REDUCE IN THE MARKET!!!! WHERE ARE MY OTHER GARRI PEOPLE?[/size]
HERE SIR!
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Ninilowo(m): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2012
*:

Our garri party has finally prevailed, this calls for celebration - we are having a garri-nite!
HIP HIP HIP....
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Rick9(m): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
The price of garri in benin is giving me heart attacks.
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2012
Garrified garri gangster got garri galore.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Goldenheart(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
did they say garri?
Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by DeCleff(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
Donkonyon: tell gov Amaechi or whatever u call him to fix roads in Rivers state especially Oyigbo town nd leave d poor farmers alone.
so because d roads are bad people should die of hunger? Don't u think that its better to eat first b4 thinking of roads? Tell me can u read n type on nairaland when ur stomach is rioting?

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by dhtmlextreme1: 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2012
Goldenheart: did they say garri?
Yes, and garri has now become a legal term once again - thanks to our garri party

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by DeCleff(m): 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
pro01: Finally, a thread that satisfies the yearning of the NL garri squad. The garri siege on NL should be over with this.
not until we buy 3 cups @ 50naira

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Orders Traders To Reduce Garri Price by Super1759: 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
I don't know why ph traders wana hit jackpot with any little occurance. The same basin of garri is sold #1,200 in kogi state and #1000 in nsukka

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fast And Easy Way To Make Semolina / English Name Of Chin Chin Please / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Lunch, Noodles With 9 Eggs. See Reactions (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.