Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? (6107 Views)

Boiled Egg With Rice / Have You Ever Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil ;) / Egg Cuisine, Fried Or Boiled, How Do You Like Your Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by omodapson(m): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
I wanted to fry some eggs yesterday, after getting all the other ingredients ready, (pepper - sliced; tomato - sliced; onion - sliced) I opened the kitchen cabinet to fetch the cooking oil for the meal execution, alas! there was nothing left. Yam is already boiled, all the other ingredients are set to be stewed and it was already past 8pm. The only other option was to use palm oil or eat the yam with just palm oil (village thing grin) So, I made up my mind and went on to fry the eggs with palm oil(red oil). Guess what? it was the best fried egg I have ever tasted! I could be wrong though but I really enjoyed it. The only let down is the greasy feel in my mouth after drinking some water.

So I ask, can you fry your egg with palm oil?
Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
bros... na palm oil even sweet pass.
Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by tpia5: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
yes.

and did you really need to open a thread on it.

you could also just state it/post picture on the strange foods or what did you eat/cook today thread.
Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by omodapson(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
tpia@:
yes.

and did you really need to open a thread on it.

you could also just state it/post picture on the strange foods or what did you eat/cook today thread.

Didn't know there was such. But it is still not out of place to open a thread for it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Yes. Crazy Preggy craving grin
Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by veave(f): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2013
yes! with lots of onions, chilli, shrimps and mashed fish.... hulalalala!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by myselfonly: 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
wow. it sounds interesting, will give it a try but i'll advice that next time you ran out of oil, use Margarine or butter if you've got it at home when you want to fry eggs. at times I use it even when there's oil at home.
Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by Nuelladoll: 11:25am On Jun 01, 2020
Of course.
Re: Can You Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil? by Nuelladoll: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2020
Yes I use it as plan B whenever I want to fry egg but no veg. oil. I put a little red oil, bleach it till it looks like veg.oil (ie cook it till it turns). There will be a lot of smoke so u might want to open windows and doors. Allow it to cool a bit, then fry my egg and it turns out normal. No grease or whatever☺

(1) (Reply)

How To Bake Perfect Yummy Sponge Cake Without Oven / Cambridge Diet / Affordable Cooking: The Current Price Of Refilling A 12.5kg LPG Cylinder Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.