Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain (31017 Views)

Bad Habits Our Youths Pick Up From Eating Too Frequently In Cafeterias.. / Top-6 Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Damage / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Smartluv(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
u should thinking now oooo to avoid brain damage
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Emmyk(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
Cool
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Goldenheart(m): 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
pes 13. Lmao
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Dopefiend(m): 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Gotta stay true to my weed smiley on the weekends all I wana do is chill, drink, n light a blunt....smoke the day away

I'm tellin u. Weed is a blessing to mankind.chai! Always dere for u, no mata d situation. Mad stimulant for sex too wink cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by caye(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
m@sturbation, and depression
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by sunnie1994: 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
wow
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Don4life: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12: 11. Cocaine and heroin and ectsasy but not weed grin
ds my babe sef.... embarassed
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Don4life: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
unipol: you forget to add sex. lack of sex may cause brain damage.
i agree
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Don4life: 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
slimyem: *yawns*
...too many things to be conscious of....
i taya o
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Don4life: 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Gotta stay true to my weed smiley on the weekends all I wana do is chill, drink, n light a blunt....smoke the day away
luvin u more boo
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Damitism: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
I disagree with number 6. Research shows our brain work highest when we sleep and work less when we are awake.
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Don4life: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
Damitism: I disagree with number 6. Research shows our brain work highest when we sleep and work less when we are awake.
i agree with you
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by johnemeka(m): 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
We are all quity of these things mentioned in one way or the other.Thanks man!
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Starlett: 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
How can one sleep in cold temperatures without covering the head?
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
NO 10 LL V BEEN MY DISADVANTAGE, THANK GOD ITS AN ADVANTAGE
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by knotty(m): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
That list is flawed.
There are by far more brain damaging habits than listed up there.
Top of the list is this*** ageing.
Humans have this annoying habit of aging, growing old. The best brains among them die the fastest and it is plain annoying.
Imagine I was an employer of labour and I have in employment inventory these names: Einstein, Isaac Newton, Aristotle, da Vinci, van Gogh, Solomon.... Just imagine

1 Like

Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by felifeli: 11:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
Konsult07: 10 BRAIN DAMAGING HABITS:
#BE AWARE!

1. No Breakfast: People who do nottake breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. Th is leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing braindegeneration.

2. Overeating: It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.

3. Smoking: It causes multiple brainshrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.

4. High Sugar Consumption: Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.

5. Air Pollution: The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.

6. Sleep Deprivation: Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.

7. Head covered while sleeping: Sleeping with the head covered, increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.

8. Working your brain during illness : Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well asdamage the brain.

9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts: Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.

10. Talking Rarely: Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.

http://www.medicalopedia.org/295/top-10-brain-damaging-habits/

Smoking igbo/gbana
Drinking ogogoro/ sepe
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by korm2me(m): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2012
Number 7 is totally wrong. Humans are highly complex organisms. Their surface area to volume ratio is too large for ordinary difusion of gases (carbon4 oxide, oxygen) to ocurr tru d skin of scalp. Gases only and only get to d cells of d body tru d lungs and are also excreted tru d lungs. So exchange of gases in d brain takes place betwen d capilaries nd cerebrospinal fluid. D blood then takes d co2 to d lungs were it is excreted.
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Ewabeads(f): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2012
This is a good one..Thanks poster
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Sadusalam: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2012
Nice one
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by annastacie: 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
i will pratice no 9
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by DeGenius3(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
really really educating
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by ismokeweed1(f): 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
Konsult07:
3. Smoking: It causes multiple brainshrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.

ive been smoking for years and have got my school cert, degree, msc, a good job, loving fiance, really good health e.t.c

so if the above statement is true i believe i should be dead or an imbé jumping up and down under a bridge or in a dustbin someplace abi?

STORY - STORY ? ? ? STORY

PS - im actually still 'INHALING & EXHALING'
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by ismokeweed1(f): 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
felifeli:

Smoking igbo/gbana
Drinking ogogoro/ sepe

SHATTAP !!! SHATTAP !!! SHATTAP !!! SHATTAP !!! SHATTAP !!!
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by harlos: 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
obadiah777: I AM GUILTY OF NUMBER 7
make changes from on
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Gideon1010(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2013
Wat about alcohole consumptn?.
Re: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain by Konsult07(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
Gideon1010: Wat about alcohole consumptn?.

Well alcohol or beer have some essential nutrients for healthy living but too much of it is harmful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

595 New COVID-19 Cases, 224 Discharged And 4 Deaths On July 13 - (3015 Tested) / Lagos Residents Groan As Cost Of Condoms Increases By 200% / Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.