Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Are You Different From The Jews? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Different From The Jews? (771 Views)

What Would Happen If Muslims Were To Boycott Anything To Do With The Jews? / 'jesus' Was As Black As Wesley Snipes, So Were The Jews / Jesus (pbuh) Only Sent To The Jews And Not To Nigerians-leave Him Alone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Different From The Jews? by doracle4(m): 8:16am On Jan 25, 2008
I was reading a book on the person of christ some time ago and the author was actually trying to make the reader look through the eyes of an ordinary person in the time and season of Christ.
During the time, the people were expecting a messaih that would set them free from the Roman power. A messiah that would lead them like a King he is. Then comes a man who practically breaks all the laws they were used to. Laws handed over to them by the great prophet of God, Moses. Eating with sinners, hanging out with prostitutes, breaking the sabbath laws, proclaiming Himself as the Son of God without a proof from Heaven, considered blasphemy, e.t.c.
Now come to think of it, if u were there, would u accept this man? He disregards the temple priests, sadduces, pharises and scribes. Everything the Jews were known to respect, he didnt, yet He says he is the king.
You would rush to say yes.
Now what is your opinion of men of God who perform miracles?
what do you think of men of God who would not bring down the Holy Ghost fire to burn up their enemies but would rather preach love and forgiveness?
What would you say of a self acclaimed ruler and King who does nothing about the imminent problems like light, road, water and all the basic amenities as soon as He comes to be known?
Well in all of these, God will always be God. His ways are not the ways of men.
Jesus is God.
Have a blessed and wonderful day.
Re: Are You Different From The Jews? by pilgrim1(f): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2008
Wow, @d_oracle! cheesy

That was quite sumtin! By the way, what author and book were you hiniting at?

Meanwhile, this really ought to catch the attention of the reader:

d_oracle:

Then comes a man who practically breaks all the laws they were used to. Laws handed over to them by the great prophet of God, Moses. Eating with sinners, hanging out with prostitutes, breaking the sabbath laws, proclaiming Himself as the Son of God without a proof from Heaven, considered blasphemy, e.t.c.
Now come to think of it, if u were there, would u accept this man?

Even now sef. . . it is hard for me to say I would have acknowledged His claims unquestionably - that is, if I were living in the days of His earthly ministry. Perhaps, the fact that His claims were attested both by incontrovertible miracles as well as His righteous life would no doubt have drawn my heart towards Him. But I would assume that would be another miracle in itself - the miracle of being blessed with divine revelation which the FATHER alone gives (cf. Matthew 16:17).

Looking back from the present though, I would say we are a privileged generation who are enjoying two miracles:

~ (a) we have the blessing of now enjoying the the fullness of God's revelation:

How wonderful to read His words again:

Matthew 13:16 & 17

But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men
have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them;
and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Luke 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that
they might understand the scriptures,

- - - - - -

~ (b) we have the blessing of now understanding that He did not break the LAW:

I've shared on this before (John 5 - Did the Lord break the Law?);
but even so, we know none of the Jews could actually establish
a single charge of "sin" against Him (John 8:46).

The question is: having been so privileged today with these blessings, what should be our response to His love and grace in seeking to reach out to us?

Shalom. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Artiste In 9ja / Confession / Is Satan A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.