Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) (12869 Views)

Turn Your Toothbrush Into A Bangle!!! / Learn How To Make Unique Ankara/fabric Accessories By Virgy Exquisite / How To Make A Bib Necklace Using Ankara Fabric Buttons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by onnari(f): 12:35am On Oct 22, 2012
Here's how you make an ankara fabric bangle with a lil 'edge'. Yes, to make this bangle look edgy, we'll be adding some studs to it. It's pretty simple so the pics are really self explanatory.
However,here r d steps:
1.Cut a strip of fabric on the 'bias' I.e across a square section like u r cutting a strip off a diagonal. I put a pic showing this with the tape showing the bias direction. the red fabric in the pic shows this.
2. The fabric should be just long enough to go round the bangle and wide enough to close in neatly on the inside although u'l need to finish off with some ribbon to make it look neat.
3. I used iron-on studs for this project so if you are not, just insert ur studs on d fabric.
4.Spread ur glue on d bangle(I used a wooden one)NOTE- don't apply too much glue.
5.Place ur fabric ontop, smoothen evenly,finish off with some ribbon or trimming on d inside to conceal rough edges..

www.thatssewnaija..com - for more fun DIYs

Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by onnari(f): 12:37am On Oct 22, 2012
see? quick and easy!

www.thatssewnaija..com

Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by onnari(f): 12:38am On Oct 22, 2012
after 'fine tuning' with some trimming on the inside, u r ready to rock ur bangle.

Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by tiebe: 4:58am On Oct 24, 2012
wow! thanks a lot for this!
Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by onnari(f): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
U welcome!
Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by cuteibk(f): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2013
This is prettty nice and hope to make some and sell in school.but I just don't understand the ankara cutting and how it will go round the bangle with its diagonal shape..hope u can expalin better for me.thanks and may your well never go dry
Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by dominique(f): 11:18am On Sep 22, 2013
Lovely stuff. You're very creative and talented Onari. More power to your elbow
Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by Cynluv(f): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Tnks a lot
Pls what type of glue did u use ((( super glue)
Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by onnari(f): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
cute ibk: This is prettty nice and hope to make some and sell in school.but I just don't understand the ankara cutting and how it will go round the bangle with its diagonal shape..hope u can expalin better for me.thanks and may your well never go dry

A bias way of cutting ur ankara, is by cutting @ a right angle from the edge of d fabric I.e a diagonal. Whn ur don't cutting d bias strip off,stretch it n see(test) it does stretch!
Re: How To Make An Ankara Fabric Bangle (with Pics) by onnari(f): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cynluv: Tnks a lot
Pls what type of glue did u use ((( super glue)

I used E6000, u can also use UHU...whatever u do, NEVER use super glue!

(1) (Reply)

Best Cream For Light Skin Men: / Beauty Of The World Africa Pageant Contestants: Camp And Voting Photos / Beautiful Box Braids Hairstyles 2022 For Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.