Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed (10923 Views)

Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Pls Help Me Ooo I Bought And Iphone5 And I Cant Open It / Golden iPhone5 Studded With 364 Diamonds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 22, 2012
Just an advice

Be careful when buying iphone5 that is sealed

A customer asked me to help him get an iphone5 brand new, I went to d market and bought a sealed iphone 5 in VI for 190K(they went to collect them in computer village cos they didnt have anymore in stock). I wanted to make sure the customer opened it himself, so i took it to him (thank God he was also in VI) and wen we opened it, the iphone was already activated, no activation required!!!!(Thats not even what i want to point out), when we inserted the glo sim, we discovered its locked!!! Just to be sure, i connected to itunes and it says sim card not compatible. I was shocked. I immediately went back to the seller and complained. After testing it too, he brought out another one, wen we opened it too, it was also locked.

To cut d story short, the first 4 sealed iphone5 they brought out were all locked, it was d 5th one dat was finally unlocked.

So my advice is wen u buy a sealed iphone5,(especially during this period),try to open it right there and confirm that its d unlocked version before u leave. If u give a sealed iphone 5 as a gift and it was d gift receiver dat discovered its locked, it can be very embarrassing oo.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2012
Thank you sir
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Policewoman(f): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2012
Hmmm.... And i was about heading out dis morning to go buy one.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by SamMilla1(m): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2012
Where money to buy un-sealed one sef?

Na only phone we go dey buy for this world?

10 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by cheddarking(m): 8:32am On Oct 22, 2012
Goldenheart: i even tawt it was fufu he saw when he opened it....... (accept JESUS)....

Ahhahahahahahahahah

That cracked me up on the train to work this morning...

You're still a f00l though... angry

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Lionpikin(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2012
nor be who get money dey use iphone? thank you for the advice
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by a1solution: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2012
But why must you buy phone without testing all the functions before leaving the shop? You are fortunate they changed it for you peacefully if not you would have spent more than the amount of the phone in police station.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Suntemi(m): 8:38am On Oct 22, 2012
Tuma, what happened to imei lock status check?
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Seun(m): 8:38am On Oct 22, 2012
You should tell us where you bought the sealed phone that was already activated so we can avoid the place. Maybe he bought it from the wrong source.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 22, 2012
Thanks 4 d info...buh i dön't think people are so dumb as to buy a sealed new iPhone 5 and cart away with it without proper examination and testing.sorry to say this buh u are a bad marketer...
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 22, 2012
Policewoman: Hmmm.... And i was about heading out dis morning to go buy one.
you mean one Nokia 3310?why nt get 2,the phone is quite cheap

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2012
sun_temi: Tuma, what happened to imei lock status check?

that's d problem. iphone 5 has not been fully updated to show d real lock status except ipic client(and u know thats not free). Moreover, i cant be carrying my macbook to a seller's shop cos i want to confirm lock status with ipic client. Even d one dat was unlocked still showed "locked" when i checked online.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2012
a1solution: But why must you buy phone without testing all the functions before leaving the shop? You are fortunate they changed it for you peacefully if not you would have spent more than the amount of the phone in police station.
what if u are buying as a gift? SEALED brand new iphones are always sexy and classy when presented as a gift
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2012
binger: Thanks 4 d info...buh i dön't think people are so dumb as to buy a sealed new iPhone 5 and cart away with it without proper examination and testing.sorry to say this buh u are a bad marketer...

cry cry yes i know cry cry but i think it's better to let people know so they avoid d embarrassment. the seller will know d imei he/she sold to u (written in d receipt), but the stress of going back to complain is what I'm stressing here.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by felucci(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2012
Well if it was locked, I believe it can also be unlocked in Nigeria
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 22, 2012
Iphones are over priced phones. I can get 1 galaxy s3 and s2 and probably a bold2 all brand new. Nothin special about this phone. Just too over hyped

3 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2012
Seun: You should tell us where you bought the sealed phone that was already activated so we can avoid the place. Maybe he bought it from the wrong source.

Like i said, i bought it in VI but they went to bring the fones from ikeja from another seller (I waited like 3hrs for them to bring the fone)
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Suntemi(m): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2012
solidbroda: Iphones are over priced phones. I can get 1 galaxy s3 and s2 and probably a bold2 all brand new. Nothin special about this phone. Just too over hyped

Lol
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Suntemi(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2012
solidbroda: Iphones are over priced phones. I can get 1 galaxy s3 and s2 and probably a bold2 all brand new. Nothin special about this phone. Just too over hyped

Lol no vex
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 22, 2012
felucci: Well if it was locked, I believe it can also be unlocked in Nigeria

sure it can. but i wont buy a locked fone for 190k and still be spending money to unlock it. I paid for an unlocked iphone 5.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 22, 2012
Policewoman: Hmmm.... And i was about heading out dis morning to go buy one.
pls do. just make sure u can either make call with it before u leave OR make sure u collect a receipt that shows the imei of the fone. Its not uncommon to mix locked and unlocked iphones when its first released cos theres no physical difference when they are sealed.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by emmatok(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2012
tumababa: Just an advice

Be careful when buying iphone5 that is sealed

A customer asked me to help him get an iphone5 brand new, I went to d market and bought a sealed iphone 5 in VI for 190K(they went to collect them in computer village cos they didnt have anymore in stock). I wanted to make sure the customer opened it himself, so i took it to him (thank God he was also in VI) and wen we opened it, the iphone was already activated, no activation required!!!!(Thats not even what i want to point out), when we inserted the glo sim, we discovered its locked!!! Just to be sure, i connected to itunes and it says sim card not compatible. I was shocked. I immediately went back to the seller and complained. After testing it too, he brought out another one, wen we opened it too, it was also locked.

To cut d story short, the first 4 sealed iphone5 they brought out were all locked, it was d 5th one dat was finally unlocked.

So my advice is wen u buy a sealed iphone5,(especially during this period),try to open it right there and confirm that its d unlocked version before u leave. If u give a sealed iphone 5 as a gift and it was d gift receiver dat discovered its locked, it can be very embarrassing oo.

I see no crime here.
IPhone 5 is locked to foreign networks by default, anybody buying for use in Nigeria must unlock it.
I hope iPhone 5 is supported yet cos some peeps are still having issues with the 4s.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Fabolousibk1(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2012
Am coming,I wan reach buka make I chop eba first,am comin 2 comments plz
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by Suntemi(m): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2012
emmatok:

I see no crime here.
IPhone 5 is locked to foreign networks by default, anybody buying for use in Nigeria must unlock it.
I hope iPhone 5 is supported yet cos some peeps are still having issues with the 4s.

Not all iPhones are locked. Some are made unlocked. Those ones are the unsubsidized iPhone.
Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by chucky234(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2012
Who cares,I will get one in 5 months when those guys go broke then get Ebay flooded with iPhone5,for now my One X and Bold5 even with the absence of my iPhone4s is more than enough for me.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Buying Iphone5 That Is Sealed by johnseyi: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2012
Fabolousibk1: Am coming,I wan reach buka make I chop eba first,am comin 2 comments plz
you like food guy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android / Globalcom Is Holding Me To Ransom!!! / Where Can I Download High Quality Mp3 Songs For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.