Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,336 members, 7,864,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana (989 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by Itoroetti(m): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
orji blames colonialists for Africa’s
crises Written by Kate Da Costa in Accra,
Ghana Monday, 22 October 2012 05:31 Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State has blamed colonial powers for the various crises being faced by African countries. Speaking in Accra at the weekend, Orji said “The nature of the State legacies of war and militarization, poor resource management are issues which African States emerged as creation of European colonial powers, which shaped the nature of the new States from the period of independence. “The new States were enmeshed in conflicts, especially as diverse races were fused into incompatible unions of most States. These new and weak States were further characterized by weak institutions, poor governance and selfish leadership in the post independence era. This is why the initial spread of ethnic base and border conflicts dominated the African region in the first two decades of independence.” The Governor who was awarded ‘The Best Governor in Security Matters in Nigeria’ for ending the spate of insecurity in his state also blamed the backwardness of the continent on protracted arms struggles. Speaking on the topic: ‘Sustainable Security Structure in Africa; Abia Experience, Governor Orji traced the history of insecurity and armed struggle to the negative legacies of colonial rule.
If naija no recognise their own,foreign countries does.i laugh in ibibo
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by valicious1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
Am I d 1st 2 comment here abi na dream I dey?
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by ifyalways(f): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2012
Which one is "the be" governor again?
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by lecturerdabo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2012
THEY SHOULD V ALLOWED MY BROTHER TO GOVERN THEM FOR ONE WEEK BEFORE THE AWARD AS A WAY TO SHOW THEY TRULY BELIEVE THEIR FOOLISHNESS!!! ABI THEY GET SOMETHING WEY THEY WAN COME COLLECT FROM THE PRISONER GOVERNOR? CLOWNISH SYCOPHANTS!!!!
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by Afam4eva(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
So, who will he blame for the current state of Aba roads? Is it the same colonialists? Btw, who awarded him the best governor? What a joke.
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by thejurist: 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
Governor TA Orji was awarded the best governor on security matters in Nigeria. I think he deserves the award because he has done really well in terms of securing his people.
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by obinalihe: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
The problem with Abia people is unsatisfactory syndrome ,which i think many have contacted out of greed,hatred and jealousy...u just can't expect ABIA to get better by a flip of a leaf or by a flash in a pan......there is more to development than over anticipating for a drastic and swift change in just a regime or two;the neighboring states most people make references of ,have in many years input consistency in developing their states which took them over a decade to actualize but ours is different ,we just want the change to come like a flash of lightening.......we all know,like the adage of old that says "Rome was not build in a day"......so lets be cautious with what we say because to actualize a great change ,ABIA state government needs some time to institute that great change we all need......though the governor is working but the problem is that we have been over-expectant and this i think does not encourage growth in any system of government.....i will urge us to be productive in the mind in such a way that will help contribute ideas that will encourage the governor and not institute diversity in the system....more so,i think there are lots more way to analyze the level of development the government have attained...i have taken some time to move around some places in ABIA where i read and heard of projects and on-ongoing projects are being put in place,so i saw things for myself and was able to adjudicate the progress that has been made by the governor,so in that regard i have little or no lash against the governor ,which is to say he should build upon the progress and achievement he has made so far and establish more enviable developmental project that will challenge people's perception....people of ABIA state,let us join hands and lift ABIA state to an enviable height......let us denounce hatred,jealousy,greed,discredit,disgruntlement.....we can do all things ,only if we believe in our dear our own ABIA state and her leaders,governor and his aides.......lets be positive minded ,not being bias,because ABIA is like one house ,so any divided house can not stand...thank you,UMUABIA.
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by obinalihe: 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
T.A has been outstanding,whether the haters like it or not..he is better than most past governor of abia state.
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by ocular007(m): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
i must comment T.A orji for his good work these days....i just went to some location last time i visited abia state and i saw some edifice,some good structures that have been put in place and more so,some good roads being build...it shows some level of commitment....he deserved the award
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by nifemi01(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2012
Well, it wasn't really 'the best governor award' right?
No cause for alarm now but just incase it was the best governor award, then i guess it is safe to assume ghanians are just trying to play act us
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by Vogue50: 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2012
Itoroetti :
orji blames colonialists for Africa’s
crises Written by Kate Da Costa in Accra,
Ghana Monday, 22 October 2012 05:31 Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State has blamed colonial powers for the various crises being faced by African countries. Speaking in Accra at the weekend, Orji said “The nature of the State legacies of war and militarization, poor resource management are issues which African States emerged as creation of European colonial powers, which shaped the nature of the new States from the period of independence. “The new States were enmeshed in conflicts, especially as diverse races were fused into incompatible unions of most States. These new and weak States were further characterized by weak institutions, poor governance and selfish leadership in the post independence era. This is why the initial spread of ethnic base and border conflicts dominated the African region in the first two decades of independence.” The Governor who was awarded ‘The Best Governor in Security Matters in Nigeria’ for ending the spate of insecurity in his state also blamed the backwardness of the continent on protracted arms struggles. Speaking on the topic: ‘Sustainable Security Structure in Africa; Abia Experience, Governor Orji traced the history of insecurity and armed struggle to the negative legacies of colonial rule.
If naija no recognise their own,foreign countries does.i laugh in ibibo
bullshit ! The lazy fool improved on his predecessor's dismal governance to impoverish Abians , making the state more vulnerable to insecurity.
Thanks to the FG for intervening through the military , who fought Relentlessly to prevent Further mayhem. The chief of army staff , Ihejirika , who hails from isiukwuato local government in Abia state played a key role in restoring peace and security. T.A orji was totally inept , clueless and undoubtedly naive on how to govern the state at that point in time. He lacks the morality to condemn our colonial masters.

1 Like

Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by chiomen: 12:15am On Oct 23, 2012
Vogue50: bullshit ! The lazy fool improved on his predecessor's dismal governance to impoverish Abians , making the state more vulnerable to insecurity.
Thanks to the FG for intervening through the military , who fought Relentlessly to prevent Further mayhem. The chief of army staff , Ihejirika , who hails from isiukwuato local government in Abia state played a key role in restoring peace and security. T.A orji was totally inept , clueless and undoubtedly naive on how to govern the state at that point in time. He lacks the morality to condemn our colonial masters.
You talk like someone who eats through the anus and defecate through the mouth. What part of the report do you not understand? That the governor was given an award for his track record in security matters and you are going crazy about it. Don't tell me that Africa that gave him an award in this regard is a fool. Watch your tongue
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by torgbe(m): 6:41am On Oct 23, 2012
lecturerdabo: THEY SHOULD V ALLOWED MY BROTHER TO GOVERN THEM FOR ONE WEEK BEFORE THE AWARD AS A WAY TO SHOW THEY TRULY BELIEVE THEIR FOOLISHNESS!!! ABI THEY GET SOMETHING WEY THEY WAN COME COLLECT FROM THE PRISONER GOVERNOR? CLOWNISH SYCOPHANTS!!!!
u are a BIG FOOOL.i bet u cant even feed yourself,RETARTED BASTARD,SWINE like u
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by torgbe(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2012
It isnt the best governor in Nigeria award. He has just been commended and awarded for stabilizing security in his home region. I checked it 4rm GHANAWEB
Re: T. A. Orji Awarded The Be Governor In Ghana by lecturerdabo(m): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
torgbe: u are a BIG FOOOL.i bet u cant even feed yourself,RETARTED BASTARD,SWINE like u
THE THIEVES FAMILY BARKING!!!

(1) (Reply)

Unban Slimghost Mukina / My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai / Power: Presidency Takes On Christiane Amanpour, CNN. By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.