Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai (985 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has 90 Million Naira Monthly Security Vote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by Maxymilliano(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
Former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Nasir Elrufai, has revealed In his is new book, the Accidental Public Servant, that his monthly security vote while he was minister between 2003 and 2007 was 600 million Naira monthly.

Going that the exchange rate at that time was 114 Naira to a dollar, this means that El-rufai had discretionary security votes of about $5.2 Million every month!

On what he did with the money, El-rufai said it was used to pay off informants and facilitate the work of intelligence and secret police officials in their bid to keep the FCT secure.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/my-monthly-security-vote-as-fct-minister-was-600-million-naira-elrufai

Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by siddiq202(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
What should I do with this news?
Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by semidaraeb(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
And so what should we do aboutn that.
Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by seanet01: 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2013
We don hear
Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by oluwadare26(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
God go purnish u!600million naira 4 wetin? U go cough out d money in any way, if u dont ur children will, if they dont ur grand children will, if they dont ur great grandchildren will... OLE

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by gratiaeo(m): 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
Waiting concerns Akpolo with over load eh!
Make them carry the whole money chop over night
Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
He's part of what killed leadership in Nigeria, so i don't care.
Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
The most annoying thing is that these security votes are not accounted for in any way.
Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by loma(m): 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
Reno is being very economical with the truth as usual with that comment on NaijaPundit. Let me quote you the exact part from the book;

Firstly he mentioned the amount in an early chapter when talking about the police in Abuja..

” Early in my ministerial tenure, a memo came to my desk requiring me to approve an eight million naira payment to the police. I asked what this was for and was told it was what the FCT ministry paid the police every month from our N600 million ‘security vote’ for the 2003 fiscal year. I asked to see the commissioner to ascertain why and what he needed the funds for……………………….So one of the first things we did was to approve his eight million naira, bought him 20 cars and many pickups….On the police commissioner’s suggestion, we commenced the design and roll-out of a phased closed circuit TV system that would cover the whole city footprint by 2010. All these were accomplished within 12 months of my reporting for duty in the FCT…”

Later on in the book, he says

“…A report from the FCT Immigration office of an observed influx of ‘North African and Arab’ nationals into Abuja a few months before the All Africa Games……I convened an emergency security meeting to get to the bottom of it. This is an instance where the ‘security vote’ is supposed to be used to facilitate the work of the SSS agents, and also pay off the ‘informants’- commercial sex workers, bartenders, hotel receptionists and the like.’
Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by GARRIx7(m): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
^^^

Thanks Boss!!

Sensible folks know that Reno's is a sly manipulating person whose stock-in-trade is lying and fact-spinning. Each time he opens his putrid, foul-smelling mouth he spews forth falsehood and half-truths which are meant to deceive gullible and fickle-minded simpletons who lack the capacity to sift fact from fiction.

Only a recalcitrantly stvpid dolt would believe a M0R0N like Reno...

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Security Vote As A Minister Was 600 Million Naira - El-rufai by TechRev: 12:04am On Feb 12, 2013
What is El-rufai's son doing with this information?? It may guide NLs on what to do with the info.

(1) (Reply)

Zambia Arrests Former President Over Nigeria Oil Deal / Jonathan Receives New AWARD!!!! / Nestlé Chairman Says Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.