Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays (27508 Views)

28th & 29th July: Eidel Fitri Public Holidays / 15th And 16th October Declared Public Holidays For Eid-ul-Adha / Salah Break: Thursday & Friday (confirm) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by ghettodreamz(m): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: The developed countries of the world never had holiday like Nigeria.

Our system bring corruption and laziness.

How many holidays does Nigerians observe? Go to India, you would be surprised at the numbers of holidays in a year. There are about 19-20 Public Holidays in India for the year 2012 while the stat is even small compared to some other countries.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Foxybone(m): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
torhuke:
u be mumu.. xo u shout hurray cos na u be second to coment 4 boko thread. grin

You be hater?

I be confirm Kano boy so I know wetin e mean to be boko... I never reach at all....

Guy, na the holiday dey pain us pass, govt Bleep up wella angry angry angry
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by kemifemi: 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=OYINBOGOJU]The developed countries of the world never had holiday like Nigeria.

Our system bring corruption and laziness.[/quote

We keep comparing nigeria with developed countries.
Nigerians hardly rest, we r on the road from 5 a.m to 10 p.m.We are not lazy o
We don't go on vacation like the countries u have in mind.Most companies don't even pay their emplyoees leave allowance nd u r here doing dis comparision, there's no basis for it.
That why pple look forward to public holidays, its a time to unwind and hang out with your friends and family

2 Likes

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by forkinsonlolo(m): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
ope o cheesy cheesy
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by killuminati(m): 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
torhuke:
u be mumu.. xo u shout hurray cos na u be second to coment 4 boko thread. grin
omo na u mumu pass Who tell u say dis na boko thread? undecided
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Denn(m): 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2012
Isale_eko:

That is just 11 days for China.

Nigeria has 15 days.

http://publicholiday.org/calendar/public-holidays-nigeria-2012/

nah...you are wrong even from the sites you quoted. first you included june 12 for Nigeria and its not a national holiday. secondly, you forgot the two 'golden weeks' holiday in China that lasts for a full week each... in addition, you did not add the national holiday for china which is for three solid days (specificaly tuesday, wednesday and thursday of 1st, second and third October 2013)

when it comes to holidays, nigeria is not even near China and they are more developed.

there's something called work-life-balance which we really need in this country.

how many people go on vacations?

how many employers approve complete annual leave for their staff? the first time i got a complete 4-week leave was when i resigned from my past job....
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by olawalebabs(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva:
Is Ojude Oba festival tied to Islam?
the first set of muslim to settle in Ijebu use the day to pay homage to the Awujale (paramount king of the Ijebus) for allowing them to practice their religion without any disturbance, that is how it transform to what it is today.

1 Like

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by killuminati(m): 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
My prayer na gba raba (salari) b4 dat thursday mehn... If dem no pay na die Ooo

1 Like

Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by searay(m): 6:36pm On Oct 22, 2012
Public holidays almost every week. Please what are we celebrating next month?
ThREAD CLOSED!
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Jambsupport(f): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
luks lik a boring one
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Ariyke: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Jarus:
When is ojude oba abeg?

That thing forced me to pass the night in Ijebu-ode during the last
(2011) ileya. I was driving back from Kware via Ibadan-Ijebu to Ajah when I hit these people in Ijebu-Ode. The whole of Ijebu-Ode was locked to standstill and after 2 hours of manouvring in the town and I couldn't make headway in the serious gridlock, night fell and I had to pass the
night there. Hmmmnn, just like yesterday.
it's on Sunday
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Etumgbe(m): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
Thank God. It's going to be a very long and enjoying weekend
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by killuminati(m): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
olawalebabs: the first set of muslim to settle in Ijebu use the day to pay homage to the Awujale (paramount king of the Ijebus) for allowing them to practice their religion without any disturbance, that is how it transform to what it is today.
cool I rules..
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by sylve11: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2012
Public holidays too plenty for this country, cool
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Smoj(m): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
Dis is wat i've been waiting for, ileya meat on ma mind, cant wait.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by tnktosin(m): 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
angry angry angry dis is bad news for me...gosh
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ariyke: it's on Sunday
Thanks. I go pass through Lagos-Ibadan expressway jeje on my return. I no wan sleep for Ijebu again this year.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Why not friday and monday? Make dem people park well ooo, me that want to travel to lagos on thursday night from kano and come back monday morning
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by chrisolive: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
Wahoooooooo!!! I won. We argued in the office all day!
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Etumgbe(m): 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
Thank God. Akpors will have many meat to eat
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by siddiq202(m): 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
Etumgbe: Thank God. Akpors will have many meat to eat
why Akpors on almost everything to make people laugh?
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by babaowo: 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
This is naija ram oooo!!!!! hope it will reach every citizen
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by babaowo: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
This is naija ram oooo!!!!! hope it will reach everybody
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by revomind(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
Another solid excuse for booze!!!!

Let's go there!

Sallah is what's good!
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by franchizy(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
As a religion of peace, we call on christians to imbibe on d good deeds of prophet Mohammed and abstain from evil. The evils in the country is so much, imagine d killings, bombings and corruption. I think its time the christians emulate we the muslims and put a hold to Evil doings. Insha Allah
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by virginvampire(m): 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
happy sallah
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by ghettodreamz(m): 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2012
franchizy: As a religion of peace, we call on christians to imbibe on d good deeds of prophet Mohammed and abstain from evil. The evils in the country is so much, imagine d killings, bombings and corruption. I think its time the christians emulate we the muslims and put a hold to Evil doings. Insha Allah

Attention seeker, that's what you are, shior shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Bolinco(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2012
victorD3: Next thread
anoda mad man,ur own system of religion crises is even morn terrible dan boko boyz,enermise of progress..hapy sallah in advance to al nigerians.excluding dis mad man.
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Bolinco(m): 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
sylve11: Public holidays too plenty for this country, cool
go and reduce it naoo,becos na ur only ur fada get dis country.,y u did't complain in october 1st?.fresh ediot
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by timbs001(m): 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
franchizy: As a religion of peace, we call on christians to imbibe on d good deeds of prophet Mohammed and abstain from evil. The evils in the country is so much, imagine d killings, bombings and corruption. I think its time the christians emulate we the muslims and put a hold to Evil doings. Insha Allah
This an Irony or what undecided
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
Foxybone: Hurraaaayyyyyyy....... grin grin grin grin

I'm the second to comment on this thread...

But why Thursday and Friday, I thought sallah falls on Friday... It should be Friday and Monday na... This is cheating o....

Anyway... Happy Sallah in advance... I just pray this blood thirsty Boko boyz don't give us reasons not to climb house in Kano again o grin grin grin
you will definately hear from us
Re: Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays by DonaldGenes(m): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mehnnnnnnnnnnnn i don tire for all these sallah holiday ooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruling On Taking Boyfriends Or Girlfriends / For The Classy, Trendy, Stylish And Modest Muslimah / Ten Means Of Overcoming Life Troubles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.