Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,883 members, 7,862,993 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

US Federal Agency To Switch To Iphone, Drop Blackberry. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / US Federal Agency To Switch To Iphone, Drop Blackberry. (626 Views)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / Apple Asks US Federal Court To Ban Samsung Phones, Tablets / Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Federal Agency To Switch To Iphone, Drop Blackberry. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
Federal agency to switch to iPhone, drop BlackBerry;
Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE) said will end its contract with BlackBerry maker Research In Motion in favor of Apple's iPhone, dealing a fresh blow to RIM just months ahead of its launch of a vital new device.
The agency said in a solicitation document posted last week that it intends to buy iPhones for more than 17,600 employees - a purchase worth $2.1 million.
The agency said it has relied on RIM for eight years but that RIM's technology "can no longer meet the mobile technology needs of the agency".
It also said that it had analyzed Apple's iOS-based devices and Google's Android operating system and concluded that for the near term Apple's iPhone services offer the best technology for the agency because of Apple's tight controlsof the hardware platform and operating system.
The agency said the iPhone will be used by a "variety of agency personnel, including, but not limited to, Homeland Security Investigations, Enforcement and Removal Operations, and Office of the Principal Legal Advisor employees".
"The iPhone services will allow these individuals to leverage reliable, mobile technology on a secure and manageable platformin furtherance of the agency's mission," ICE said in the document. Source: http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE89L0YW20121022?irpc=932
Re: US Federal Agency To Switch To Iphone, Drop Blackberry. by ITbomb(m): 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2012
And when the federal workers exchange their crapberry for HighPhone, where will the second hand phones go?
Your guess is as good as mine
Re: US Federal Agency To Switch To Iphone, Drop Blackberry. by braine(m): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2012
The world is fast moving forward. RIM should step up.
Re: US Federal Agency To Switch To Iphone, Drop Blackberry. by phazotron(m): 12:27am On Jun 04, 2013
ITbomb: And when the federal workers exchange their crapberry for HighPhone, where will the second hand phones go?
Your guess is as good as mine
nigeria da dump ground

(1) (Reply)

Anyone With An Answer To This? / Which Network Provider Has The Best BIS Package? / Samsung Galaxy I9600 Benchmark Appears,says It Runs Android 4.3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.