Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Coping With Marital Finances - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Coping With Marital Finances (9364 Views)

Hello / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Coping With A Beautiful, Loving, Helpful But A Nagging-Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
foyeks2001:

Do u think that's easy.losing one's appetite, vomitting, feeling feverish 4rm 1-3months, afterwards, u must stop eating and taking some stuffs like cold drinks,then u ve got 2 change d position u normally sleep,go 4 ante-natal, pushing out 5pounds baby...
Yes, I know there are lazy men out there, but we stil have hardworking men that compensate their wives after delivery...if u haven't seen, I have seen many

Do you want the baby or not? If you don't want the baby then no one should force you to have it. Just tell your husband you don't want a baby so you can avoid all the losing one's appetite, vomitting, feeling feverish 4rm 1-3months, afterwards, u must stop eating and taking some stuffs like cold drinks,then u ve got 2 change d position u normally sleep,go 4 ante-natal, pushing out 5pounds baby.

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Pharoh: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
foyeks2001:

May God bless u for dis piece...If u want it shared equally( finances), d house chores, d respects, taking care of d kids, cooking, cleaning, laundry must also b shared equally...we r no slaves again...gone are days of our mothers...

Mondi_cheeks...thanks too

Thanks for summarizing the whole blabbing i had up there but i don't agree or believe in what you are referring to as equally or 50-50. Sharing finances and responsibility is out of love, sense of responsibility and all but putting it equally is not so nice oo. Before you know there will be drawing of roster that it is your turn to wash plate or bath the baby grin. Just share the whole responsibility according to how it suits the particular family but not equally as nothing like that is really practical to me.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by foyeks2001(f): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
Pharoh:

Thanks for summarizing the whole blabbing i had up there but i don't agree or believe in what you are referring to as equally or 50-50. Sharing finances and responsibility is out of love, sense of responsibility and all but putting it equally is not so nice oo. Before you know there will be drawing of roster that it is your turn to wash plate or bath the baby grin. Just share the whole responsibility according to how it suits the particular family but not equally as nothing like that is really practical to me.

Isn't there roster already of whose turn to pay d kids school fees,pay d utility bills even d house rent, so I see no biggy drawing another roster of whose turn 2 make dinner, wash dishes or bath d baby...our men are fast losing that *d head of d family thing*...all these sharing formular only exist amongst d so-called christians brothers...real muslims will never be in support of this because their religion is against this (it is a taboo sleeping wit a woman and also demanding money 4rm her)...a sister of mine who married a yoruba muslim 4rm Ijebuland, d man provides virtually everything they need...they ve been married now for 14yrs...
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
foyeks2001: Do u think that's easy.losing one's appetite, vomitting, feeling feverish 4rm 1-3months, afterwards, u must stop eating and taking some stuffs like cold drinks,then u ve got 2 change d position u normally sleep,go 4 ante-natal, pushing out 5pounds baby...
Yes, I know there are lazy men out there, but we stil have hardworking men that compensate their wives after delivery...if u haven't seen, I have seen many

do you think its easy looking at your sexy body changing into a WHALE during pregnancy? do you think it is easy having to look at your face who has now change to that of a strange balloon woman? do you think it is easy to not being able to mount the toto whenever we feel like it for 9months? do you think it is easy to have to pretend to enjoy the toto after birth, when the thing don enlarge like train station? do you think it is easy not to be able to play with your brea.sts any longer because now they leak milk? do you think it is easy to enjoy seeing you nekkid after the tittays don scatter like slippers after the baby is done with them? do you think it is easy to now see nice sexy beautiful women all around and we are stuck with your baby whale self? do you think it is easy to NOT cheat, while mouting your new baby whale self out of "duty"?!

whatever NONSENSE you can bring to this discussion, we can all bring our own!

if you have any problem with whatever happens to you during pregnancy then BLAME GOD who created women in such a way!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Pharoh: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
foyeks2001:

Isn't there roster already of whose turn to pay d kids school fees,pay d utility bills even d house rent, so I see no biggy drawing another roster of whose turn 2 make dinner, wash dishes or bath d baby...our men are fast losing that *d head of d family thing*...all these sharing formular only exist amongst d so-called christians brothers...real muslims will never be in support of this because their religion is against this (it is a taboo sleeping wit a woman and also demanding money 4rm her)...a sister of mine who married a yoruba muslim 4rm Ijebuland, d man provides virtually everything they need...they ve been married now for 14yrs...

Lol . . . actually Christianity does not make provision for any formula ( percentage or turn by turn ) and this is purely just western influence in my opinion. It was mostly sharing of duties like the man providing for the home and the woman helping to take care of the home or other things. Don't you think drawing of roster in the domestic end might kill the love or fire in the marriage?. Even using this roster of a thing in the financial end might add tensions and other forms of issues to the marriage like disrespect as we men love submission respect so much cool. I think we should be careful and try to retrace our steps because this direction we have taken so has led to so many failed marriages and high rate of delayed marriages.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by foyeks2001(f): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Do you want the baby or not? If you don't want the baby then no one should force you to have it. Just tell your husband you don't want a baby so you can avoid all the losing one's appetite, vomitting, feeling feverish 4rm 1-3months, afterwards, u must stop eating and taking some stuffs like cold drinks,then u ve got 2 change d position u normally sleep,go 4 ante-natal, pushing out 5pounds baby.

Are those kids gonna be answerable to my fathers name?will my fathers family compound gonna be their first family compound even d state of origin( my mother is from Lagos State while my dad is from Osun State, my state of oringin indicates Osun State) as far as am concerned those kids belong 2 their father
What other sacrifices do u guys want from us...we changed our surnames immediately we r married to u etc.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

do you think its easy looking at your sexy body changing into a WHALE during pregnancy? do you think it is easy having to look at your face who has now change to that of a strange balloon woman? do you think it is easy to not being able to mount the toto whenever we feel like it for 9months? do you think it is easy to have to pretend to enjoy the toto after birth, when the thing don enlarge like train station? do you think it is easy not to be able to play with your brea.sts any longer because now they leak milk? do you think it is easy to enjoy seeing you nekkid after the tittays don scatter like slippers after the baby is done with them? do you think it is easy to now see nice sexy beautiful women all around and we are stuck with your baby whale self? do you think it is easy to NOT cheat, while mouting your new baby whale self out of "duty"?!

whatever NONSENSE you can bring to this discussion, we can all bring our own!

if you have any problem with whatever happens to you during pregnancy then BLAME GOD who created women in such a way!!!!!
some pple make u wonder why their mothers didn't give their husbands head instead
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
foyeks2001:

Are those kids gonna be answerable to my fathers name?will my fathers family compound gonna be their first family compound even d state of origin( my mother is from Lagos State while my dad is from Osun State, my state of oringin indicates Osun State) as far as am concerned those kids belong 2 their father
What other sacrifices do u guys want from us...we changed our surnames immediately we r married to u etc.

Were you forced to do any of these things? If you wanted the kids to bear your fathers last name you could have discussed that with your husband, You can retain your last name as well.

No one forced you to do all these or were you forced to have children? If you don't want to have children then you don't have to just tell your husband
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks: some pple make u wonder why their mothers didn't give their husbands head instead

I love you too, lol!
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
women and their narrow minded view of life.....here are some women who come here and proudly claim that they are super women because they get a 5pound baby through their vag.inas.....but yet when men tell them ALL THE OTHER STUFF THAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY GET that baby out, they get mad, bwaaaah!

some men are not willing to tell you the truth BUT MBJ will gladly oblige......here are some OTHER facts about being pregnant:
most women will put on weight that they wont be able to lose....aka become baby whales!
most women will lose the elasticity in their now enlarged coochies!
ALL women will now have sagging boobs!!!!
most women will now have protruding bellies!!!!

so if someone want to come here and talk about how great you are because you can push a 5 pound baby out your cootie cat, then LETS TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LADIES GET PREGNANT......super women indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2012
MRbrownJAY: women and their narrow minded view of life.....here are some women who come here and proudly claim that they are super women because they get a 5pound baby through their vag.inas.....but yet when men tell them ALL THE OTHER STUFF THAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY GET that baby out, they get mad, bwaaaah!

some men are not willing to tell you the truth BUT MBJ will gladly oblige......here are some OTHER facts about being pregnant:
most women will put on weight that they wont be able to lose....aka become baby whales!
most women will lose the elasticity in their now enlarged coochies!
ALL women will now have sagging boobs!!!!
most women will now have protruding bellies!!!!

so if someone want to come here and talk about how great you are because you can push a 5 pound baby out your cootie cat, then LETS TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LADIES GET PREGNANT......super women indeed!
a sensible guy who doesnt think with his geni-tals would support her in losing it. healthy food, go to the gym, help her work-out at home, so she can always stay in shape. as men get older some become bald, they get protruding bellies, his face becomes less exciting to look at, he becomes less active in bed but as woman we are mature enough to accept the fact that age is catching up wit him, if women were to be as juvinile as some of u men are, where would have more multiple partners than men do after marriage

3 Likes

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by seyijoseph(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
When my father demised in 1998 our morher was able ro take on the financial responsible rhat come with prividing for the family.
She wont have been able to do such easily, but during my father's lifetime, she supports him anytime things get tough. My ascertion is that helping your husband as a woman prepares you for the future challenges that may occur in the future. It may not be death anyway. When my father demised in 1998 our morher was able ro take on the financial responsible rhat come with prividing for the family.
She wont have been able to do such easily, but during my father's lifetime, she supports him anytime things get tough. My ascertion is that helping your husband as a woman prepares you for the future challenges that may occur in the future. It may not be death anyway.
When my father demised in 1998 our morher was able ro take on the financial responsible rhat come with prividing for the family.
She wont have been able to do such easily, but during my father's lifetime, she supports him anytime things get tough. My ascertion is that helping your husband as a woman prepares you for the future challenges that may occur in the future. It may not be death anyway.

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ahah.... MBJ and Dayo please stop calling us names Abeg, otito now, ejo bros grin
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by dayokanu(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
jidegirl12: Ahah.... MBJ and Dayo please stop calling us names Abeg, otito now, ejo bros grin

No be me o. You knw I am your ally
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 26, 2012
one thing i've learned... when you meet a woman you truly love and who truly loves you back then issues like this fade away.
The point being your entire being is about how to make her happy and she you. You wont need to be splitting bills down percentage lines but will gladly do what makes things easier for each other.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by minute(f): 12:06am On Oct 26, 2012
Sorting out finances are personal to every couple- there are no hard and fast rules.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 26, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
a sensible guy who doesnt think with his geni-tals would support her in losing it. healthy food, go to the gym, help her work-out at home, so she can always stay in shape. as men get older some become bald, they get protruding bellies, his face becomes less exciting to look at, he becomes less active in bed but as woman we are mature enough to accept the fact that age is catching up wit him, if women were to be as juvinile as some of u men are, where would have more multiple partners than men do after marriage

and here ladies and gentleman, we have ANOTHER clear example of why some men believe that some women make NO DAMN SENSE when having a discussion...... here we are talking about the changes that happen in women bodies when they get pregnant , and this obviously confused poster is comparing that to GETTING OLDER. here is a clue, super woman: men AND women get older so what you wrote is the same for either sex, and irrelevant to this discussion........ while the stuff i wrote happens to ANY "super" woman of ANY age, as soon as they had that baby.

FIRST this lady was quick to take "all the glory" for having a child, and now she is saying that she needs MEN'S SUPPORT after birth..... a support that she had from the start of that pregnancy, but decided to disregard when talking about having a baby.....unless of course she had that baby through divine intervention?!

SECOND here she was beating her chest telling us all how women worked 14hrs, cooked, cleaned, did laundry etc etc etc (aka claiming that they were super women), BUT YET, SHE CANT FIX HER OWN DAMN SELF, AND SUDDENLY NEED MEN'S SUPPORT?! what a joke!
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Emperoh(m): 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
If the women and men we have here do actually live together as man and wife,
then God will be regretting the reason he constituted marriage.

All the same, keep them coming, i am enjoying the arguments.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Daresh(f): 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
From reading everyones posts about this money in marriage issue, I must say that my husband is one in a million. We never have these money challenges. I mean NEVER. He never asks me to spend on the family. He always wants to give me money for everything. S
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Daresh(f): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2012
From reading everyones posts about this money in marriage issue, I must say that my husband is one in a million. We never have these money challenges. I mean NEVER. He never asks me to spend on the family. He always wants to give me money for everything. Söme times when its time to watch a movie though he is like "cash madam, oya buy the ticket'!
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Daresh(f): 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
From reading everyones posts about this money in marriage issue, I must say that my husband is one in a million. We never have these money challenges. I mean NEVER. He never asks me to spend on the family. He always wants to give me money for everything. Söme times when its time to watch a movie though he is like "cash madam, oya buy the ticket'! It's never by force and I never wait for him to ask me to. I'm not going to ask for money to go to market. Once I say, I need to go the market, he hands over cash, once I say, even in passing, "my clothes are getting old"he hands over cash. I love you baby!!!!
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

and here ladies and gentleman, we have ANOTHER clear example of why some men believe that some women make NO DAMN SENSE when having a discussion...... here we are talking about the changes that happen in women bodies when they get pregnant , and this obviously confused poster is comparing that to GETTING OLDER. here is a clue, super woman: men AND women get older so what you wrote is the same for either sex, and irrelevant to this discussion........ while the stuff i wrote happens to ANY "super" woman of ANY age, as soon as they had that baby.

FIRST this lady was quick to take "all the glory" for having a child, and now she is saying that she needs MEN'S SUPPORT after birth..... a support that she had from the start of that pregnancy, but decided to disregard when talking about having a baby.....unless of course she had that baby through divine intervention?!

SECOND here she was beating her chest telling us all how women worked 14hrs, cooked, cleaned, did laundry etc etc etc (aka claiming that they were super women), BUT YET, SHE CANT FIX HER OWN DAMN SELF, AND SUDDENLY NEED MEN'S SUPPORT?! what a joke!
Sweetness that's why I said a man who doesn't think wit his geni-tals, u clearly do so I wasn't expecting u to understand
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Nobody: 2:11am On Oct 27, 2012
To my own perspective, I don't need my woman to give the family financial support all that is needed from her is to keep the home together. If u don't have a stable and sound financial life better wait till u win jackpot before u propose

1 Like

Re: Coping With Marital Finances by AzaMontana(f): 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2012
Marriage does not belong only to the husband. It belongs to both parties so i dont see the reason why the financial resonsibilities should be given only to one person. It's just being selfish and greedy not to assist. Obviously both parties have individual financial goals but they should also share a common household financial goal without disturbing their individual plans. Once you are married remember that whats yours is his and whats his is yours
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by Peterwins(m): 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2012
davidylan: one thing i've learned... when you meet a woman you truly love and who truly loves you back then issues like this fade away.
The point being your entire being is about how to make her happy and she you. You wont need to be splitting bills down percentage lines but will gladly do what makes things easier for each other.

Well said. If both partners know what being married is all about, then their relationship will be blissful irrespective of whatever challenges they face in the course of their relationship. Marriage is a beautiful thing created by GOD. However, the misconception (distorted views/ideas) have allowed some people to make a mess of their marital life.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by omobusola(f): 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Biblically, the woman must be a help meet, not a liability, having said that, I ll like to use dis medium to explain to d male folks here that the original desiign for marriage is for the husband to be able to cater for his household in all capacity, but this has been difficult due to economic hardship. However, that is not to say that the men shld stamp the authority that by hook or by crook, the wives must share in d family expenses, doing this will only make u lose respect, a man should never go into marriage with d mind of sharing d bills with his wife, its a No No!

On the other hand , every sensible woman should know wat is right. In my home for instance, while my husband tries hard to build us a house, I worry abt d other bills like feeding, electricty, Dstv etc, I wasn't coerced, but I feel its d right thing to do... Dats wat busola wud say.
Re: Coping With Marital Finances by benedictac(f): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2013
The most important things are understanding and having Christ in ur home. It doesn't matter who brings or pays the bill. Being couple we should compliment each other. The way it works in home A shouldn't be the way it must work in home B.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Husband Will Not Allow Me To Touch His Car / Pls Help,my Maid Has Turned Into A Lesbian.how Do I Handle This? / Was I Wrong To Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.