Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? (781 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hi, I am writing this because of the alarming number of ridiculous questions some people have been asking in the religion section.

Questions like ''does God poo poo'', ''what date exactly is rapture taking place'', ''is the devil our enemy''(pls pardon my slight use of hyperbolecheesy), just get me thinking, ''do these people have brains at all''.
Whats most shocking is the fact that they would later claim to have a most divine and wise being right inside them.

In the book of Jeremiah 31:31-34
God says he will write the law in the hearts of his people and they would not need to go to their neighbour to learn about him. In the new testament Jesus also said he will send the holy spirit who will guide his people.

My question is if the holy spirit is in you why do u go on asking mere beings questions when u could ask him. Isn't he meant to be your personal teacher and friend. Why is the holy spirit only connected to speaking in tongues and rolling on the floor.

Please do not get me wrong. I am not saying you guys shouldn't discuss some issues and share experiences like ''how many souls have u won this month'', ''what the holy sprit told me to tell muslims'', ''lets have a discussion concerning the atheists:how do u feel around them'' and so on.

But to come and start asking extremely dumb questions is quite contradictory to your stance of having a supreme being in u. So please start making use of him.

But if deep in your heart you know there is no being speaking to u, even if u speak in tongues (because anybody can say ''yobe yobe kimuh ramba ska''), if u know that its all ''in ur mind'', then come clean and accept the fact that its all lies.

From the gay(na happy I mean abeg ocheesy), innocent, and heartless one.
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by pastormustwacc: 6:24am On Oct 23, 2012
You are being confused about real christians and pirated christians. Some set of pirated questions believe that the primary use of the holy spirit is to speak in tongues.
But some of us posses other gifts of the spirit as well, but we dont shout and scream about like our other brethrens that can speak in tongues (i can too, but not at the begining), i am mainly into dreams and prophesy.

But, speaking in tongues is not the key to making heaven - please dont be fooled.
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 23, 2012
My problem is not the gifts. Whether it is the gift of prophecy, or gift of discerning spirits, or gift of speaking in tongues.

All I am saying is that the holy spirit isn't meant to be for gifts alone. Isn't he also meant to guide you in all you do? Shouldn't he also be your personal teacher and friend? Do u really need to ask simple questions or any question at all when you can ask him who is the wisest being in the world?
But your people seem to only accept gifts and ignore the rest.

My only wish is that u just explore your religion and even other ones. If it does good for you then fine, but if u find it empty then come back to reality.
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by Lyzbet: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2012
No, it is nt. Bt in dis day n age, if u dnt speak in tongues, u dnt av d holyspirit. If u read Acts 2 verses 3-11. When d holyspirit filled the first apostles, which was d commencement of tongue speakin, they spoke in other languages such dat people around them undastood wat they were sayin- verse 11, 'we do hear them speak in our tongues d wonderful works of God'.
In Paul's books 2 d various churches, whenever he spoke bout tongues, its interpretation followed closely. 1 Cor 14:22 says- Wherefore tongues r 4 a sign, nt 2 them dat blieve, bt 2 them dat blieve nt'. If u speak in a language dat people arnd u cant undastnd, a demon myt as well b speakin thru u. People av spoken in other languages dat they dnt undastnd- a yoruba girl speakin french, a white man speakin igbo- people were arnd them 2 confirm d languages they were sayin nt some blat mat kar shar shar kum li et cetera
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by pastormustwacc: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: You are being confused about real christians and pirated christians. Some set of pirated questions believe that the primary use of the holy spirit is to speak in tongues.
But some of us posses other gifts of the spirit as well, but we dont shout and scream about like our other brethrens that can speak in tongues (i can too, but not at the begining), i am mainly into dreams and prophesy.

But, speaking in tongues is not the key to making heaven - please dont be fooled.
I made a mistake in my earlier post which i just corrected.

The real christians do not live a lie like the pirated christians. Some claim they are filled with holyghost, but they dont bear the right fruits - they speak in tongues to deceive themselves and the other f/o/o/l/i/s/h christians. But when it gets to where salvation matters, they fail.

There are different types of christians, but it is not all that truly serve God - and many of them fail to listen to the voice of the holy spirit too.

Let me put myself very clearly:
NOT ALL WHO SAID THEY ARE CHRISTIANS AND SPEAK IN TONGUES ARE REALLY CHRISTIANS. A tree is known by its fruits.
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by CrazyMan(m): 8:15am On Oct 23, 2012
inurmind: My question is if the holy spirit is in you why do u go on asking mere beings questions when u could ask him. Isn't he meant to be your personal teacher and friend. Why is the holy spirit only connected to speaking in tongues and rolling on the floor.
When you see people who claim to have the holy spirit asking all sort of questions ranging from his existence to how to know if actually he's the one speaking, you should know that they're yet to receive his baptism.
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc:
I made a mistake in my earlier post which i just corrected.

The real christians do not live a lie like the pirated christians. Some claim they are filled with holyghost, but they dont bear the right fruits - they speak in tongues to deceive themselves and the other f/o/o/l/i/s/h christians. But when it gets to where salvation matters, they fail.

There are different types of christians, but it is not all that truly serve God - and many of them fail to listen to the voice of the holy spirit too.

Let me put myself very clearly:
NOT ALL WHO SAID THEY ARE CHRISTIANS AND SPEAK IN TONGUES ARE REALLY CHRISTIANS. A tree is known by its fruits.

Okay, but u are indirectly saying all the people asking quite silly questions even on the homepage alone are not true christians neither are the ones who spit an unphantomable rubbish and call it speaking in tongues.

Anyway since u are the true christian can you honestly say you discuss with the holyspirit and its not your mind playing a trick on u, you ask him questions and he answers, he directs and guides you in all you do? Do you know the language you speak when speaking in tongues and has it being interpreted?
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by pastormustwacc: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^Nah, it is not for me to say i am a true christian. It is for God to determine. If you have a bible, read it carefully and you will be able to identify the true christians around you - and you will be surprised to see they are actually fewer than you think.

Now, i do not call any question foolish. I sometimes ask questions that i already know the answer, just to see the view of others, and hoping that other people will learn from it as well.

Some people for instance believe that demons and fallen angels are one and the same? While some like me believe they are various entities entirely. So if someone asks a question: Are fallen angels demons? Someone might see it as foolish - that haba, they are the same, is this poster fooolish?

I have learnt to listen to people well before saying anything, and if possible read their intention of creating the thread or asking the question.

See, the holy spirit is a personal experience. If i start saying things like the holy spirit told me this and that, then it becomes heresies - so i will rather keep quiet most of the time except i am directed to speak, but i use the knowlege i gain to modify my actions.

When the people asked Jesus for a sign, He did not do anything to prove himself that he was from God. If you read the story of lazarus and the richman, Jesus made us realize that even if the dead from hell comes back and preaches to us to repent so that we will avoid hell, that it will still not work.

So, when i tell people i see visions, i am not attempting to convince them to turn to God. Your salvation is your choice, just like religion is your choice.
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2012
Okay, but if there are so many false christians, help them.
Because all I see chriatians do on nairaland is argue and insult and curse, except on sundays ofcourse.

I personally do not believe in the authenticity of religion but I believe its main purpose is to set standards of morality and for people to be guided by that standard.
Well I think u will agree that it has failed woefully in that regard. Most of what it has acheived is spilling of blood and hate.

Why don't you guys start talking about how to display the fruits of the holy spirit, how to talk wisely, how to be patient and selfless, how you can all come together to help the beggars and other less priviledged people, how to show love to everyone you meet.
Isn't that what christianity is meant to be about?

Because if religion does not solve the problem of morality I see not reason why it should still be in existence.
Re: Is The Holyspirit Really For Speaking In Tongues Alone? by pastormustwacc: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
You cannot force people to go to heaven, i teach people whenever i get the opportunity. And contribute my own 2 cents.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Develop The Spirit Of Giving / Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? / CAN Is Misinforming Followers On The Issue Of ‘non-interest’ Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.