Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? (5313 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by savcy(m): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2013
To those who understand the ministry of the Spirit of God; How can one sin against or blaspheme the HolySpirit?

Scripture Reference: Mark 3:28.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2013
I don't know but shouldn't the holyspirit actually tell you these things and not wait for you to start guessing games?
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by savcy(m): 8:16am On Jan 06, 2013
inurmind: I'm don't know but shouldn't the holyspirit actually tell you these things and not wait for you to start guessing games?

True. But I could use information from other xtians on ds matter,dont u think so?
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by ATMC(f): 8:24am On Jan 06, 2013
By refusing to accept d message of christ to which d holy ghost bears witness.
By the way, if you are a christian, you can't sin against d holy ghost because you already accepted d message of christ
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by savcy(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2013
ATMC: By refusing to accept d message of christ to which d holy ghost bears witness.
By the way, if you are a christian, you can't sin against d holy ghost because you already accepted d message of christ

This means alot of us xtians have sinned against d HolySpirit because in one time of our lives we have rejected d gospel.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 06, 2013
savcy:

True. But I could use information from other xtians on ds matter,dont u think so?

Well take a good look at ATMC's opinion, don't you think his answer would be more valid?
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by ATMC(f): 8:54am On Jan 06, 2013
savcy:

This means alot of us xtians have sinned against d HolySpirit because in one time of our lives we have rejected d gospel.
what is d gospel? Read my post again
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by OmoAlata(f): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2013
savcy: How can one sin against or blaspheme the HolySpirit?

By saying "the Holy Spirit said" when He didn't say.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 06, 2013
Good morning sir,

I don't think there is an easy way to explain this but simply put, the sin against the Holy spirit is the sin of Lucifer himmself. It is really not that simple to commit.

Someone asked a question sometime ago seeking the opinion of nairalanders on why the devil cannot be forgiven. The answer is quite simple: he committed a sin against the spirit.

There are some factors that MUST be present before one commits this sin. The major of the factors would be perfect knowledge. What do I mean by this?...When Angel Lucy (Angel of light) sinned against God, he KNEW exactly what he was doing, he WILLINGLY chose his path and he REFUSED to REPENT of this sin and preferred to remain God's ENEMY.

The points to note are: 1) Free will, 2) Knowledge of the truth, 3) Refusal to repent, 4) Enemity with God. Thus, for one to commit a sin against the holy spirit these factors MUST be present.

Omoalata mentioned something about attributing a comment to the Spirit when it is false. That can be a sin against the spirit if the aforementioned factors are present i.e if the person knows what he is doing, he is willingly doing it, he refuses to repent of this sin and prefers to be an enemy of God.

But in a case where someone believes that he or she got an information from God but in actuall fact the information was may be due to High fever (this can mess with your head) and the person parades this as coming from God's spirit unknowingly and the person would change if he or she knew the truth then this individual did not commit the sin of the Holy spirit.

The above are purely my thoughts and do not represent a dogma of faith, hence anyone is free to reject the explanation.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by IZUKWU(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2013
By lying against the holy spirit and lying in the name of the holy spirit . It seems to me that there is a level you will reach in God to be able to commit this particular sin. Imagine those pastors called by their greed and stomach and they will say that God is calling them into ministry and full time and they will start looking for where to get magic with which to be doing miracles and confusing people so that they will be able to gather members .now imagine another minister actually called by God into ministry and full time and he is struggling and instead of depending and relying on God,he goes the way of what i described above. The holy will be more furious against the latter than the former , why ? Because he has known the original and yet went and embraced the imitation. The second minister knew the truth and have tasted it and he knew the fake . So when he willfully refuses to repent and continue in his errors ,if will be left with a condemned mind. My two cents though.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by shinealight(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Permit me to provide an insight into how Man sins against the Holy Spirit.
The first point to note is that, in the Trinity of God, the Holy Spirit is responsible for Creation as He is the Executive Arm of the Trinity (i.e. He executes the the Directives of the Almighty, so to speak). The Holy Spirit is therefore the King of Creation because the entire Creation came into existence out His Radiation when the fiat 'Let There Be Light' was given by the Almighty Father. You can now understand that the Holy Spirit has woven His Will into Creation and this Will manifests as the Laws of Creation. Every violation or contravention of the Law of Creation is therefore a breach of His Will, or in other words, a sin against the Holy Spirit which will have consequences. Every time Man breaks the Laws, there are always consequences. That is why the Lord Jesus taught us that 'What you sow is what you reap'. If you sow goodness/kindness, you reap good; if you sow evil/envy/jealousy, etc - you reap same multifold. Also, as an endowment given by the Holy Spirit, every human being carries within him certain latent pure qualities which he is meant to nurture and develop during his sojourn here on earth. Those human beings who get here and decide to bury those latent 'pure qualities of the spirit' or decide to indulge in animalistic or materialistic endeavours which serve to dull the qualities of the spirit that he brought along to the Earth, are actually sinning against the Holy Spirit as they have refused to utilise profitably the talents they were given by the Holy Spirit. The Lord Jesus explained this clearly to us in the Parable of the Talents in which the talent was taken from the man who buried his talent and was given to the man who had utilised his profiably. What are those Laws of Creation which we humans break every day and which carry consequences that tie us down to the World of matter, preventing us from ascending? That should be our next topic to explore!
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Ojaycom(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
The sin against the Holy Spirit simply means "persistent sin",Mark 3:28-"All" sins shall be forgiven&blasphemies... So wat is dis sin dat can't be forgiven when all blasphemies can b forgiven,lemme give u a simple illustration,God says thou shalt not steal, u know its wrong to steal but u keep doing it denying d Holy Spirit in u(who have given ur life2Christ) because its d Holy Spirit dat converts souls dats y if u perform d highest feats/preach d sweetest sermon ever to an unbeliever he won't budge until d Holy spirit has touched his heart,its not an act of man,dats y our Lord Jesus Christ said in John 12:36-40 esp v40 says He hath blinded their eyes&hardened their heart so they won't believe(no matter what)...lest they b converted&i should heal them(hey mahn I didn't write it);So when u continue living in sin e.g stealing&without repenting until death,u are now in a position not to b forgiven because after death..Judgement(no repentance in d grave). Dats y all manner of sin can b forgiven as long as d sinner repents genuinely(Matthew 12:21&22-u can even sinn against d Son of man& be forgiven),dats y David said in Ps 51 take not Your Holy Spirit away from me.Its the Holy Spirit dat convicts u of sin not ur conscience,dats y a believer can commit&feel bad but d heathen don't.

Summary: anyone who lives in sin&dies without repenting/being forgiven has sinned against d Holy spirit&because d person is dead he can't repent or ask for forgiveness,therefore he can't b forgiven.

Hope dis helps.#pardon d typos
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Yooguyz: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
inurmind: I don't know but shouldn't the holyspirit actually tell you these things and not wait for you to start guessing games?
the sin against the holy spirit is when you attribute a sign e.g miracles, to the devil..or you knowly call a miracle fake when you know within you that it's real and from God, then you're blasheming against the holy ghost
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yooguyz: the sin against the holy spirit is when you attribute a sign e.g miracles, to the devil..or you knowly call a miracle fake when you know within you that it's real and from God, then you're blasheming against the holy ghost
on point.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ojay.com :
The sin against the Holy Spirit simply means "persistent sin",Mark 3:28-"All" sins shall be forgiven&blasphemies... So wat is dis sin dat can't be forgiven when all blasphemies can b forgiven,lemme give u a simple illustration,God says thou shalt not steal, u know its wrong to steal but u keep doing it denying d Holy Spirit in u(who have given ur life2Christ) because its d Holy Spirit dat converts souls dats y if u perform d highest feats/preach d sweetest sermon ever to an unbeliever he won't budge until d Holy spirit has touched his heart,its not an act of man,dats y our Lord Jesus Christ said in John 12:36-40 esp v40 says He hath blinded their eyes&hardened their heart so they won't believe(no matter what)...lest they b converted&i should heal them(hey mahn I didn't write it);So when u continue living in sin e.g stealing&without repenting until death,u are now in a position not to b forgiven because after death..Judgement(no repentance in d grave). Dats y all manner of sin can b forgiven as long as d sinner repents genuinely(Matthew 12:21&22-u can even sinn against d Son of man& be forgiven),dats y David said in Ps 51 take not Your Holy Spirit away from me.Its the Holy Spirit dat convicts u of sin not ur conscience,dats y a believer can commit&feel bad but d heathen don't.

Summary: anyone who lives in sin&dies without repenting/being forgiven has sinned against d Holy spirit&because d person is dead he can't repent or ask for forgiveness,therefore he can't b forgiven.

Hope dis helps.#pardon d typos

that is greiving the Holy Spirit bro...(eph4:30-31).
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
shinealight: Permit me to provide an insight into how Man sins against the Holy Spirit.
The first point to note is that, in the Trinity of God, the Holy Spirit is responsible for Creation as He is the Executive Arm of the Trinity (i.e. He executes the the Directives of the Almighty). The Holy Spirit is therefore the King of Creation because the entire Creation came into existence out His Radiation when the fiat 'Let There Be Light' was given by the Almighty Father. You can now understand that the Holy Spirit has woven His Will into Creation and this Will manifests as the Laws of Creation. Every violation or contravention of the Law of Creation is therefore a breach of His Will, or in other words, a sin against the Holy Spirit which will have consequences. Every time Man breaks the Laws, there are always consequences. That is why the Lord Jesus taught us that 'What you sow is what you reap'. If you sow goodness/kindness, you reap good; if you sow evil/envy/jealousy, etc - you reap evil. Also, as an endowment given by the Holy Spirit, every human being carries within him certain latent pure qualities which he is meant to nurture and develop during his sojourn here on earth. Those human beings who get here and decide to bury those latent 'pure qualities of the spirit' or decide to indulge in animalistic or materialistic endeavours which serve to dull the qualities of the spirit that he brought along to the Earth, are actually sinning against the Holy Spirit as they have refused to utilise profitably the talents they were given by the Holy Spirit. The Lord Jesus explained this clearly to us in the Parable of the Talents in which the talent was taken from the man who buried his talent and was given to the man who had utilised his profiably. What are those Laws of Creation which we humans break every day and which carry consequences that tie us down to the World of matter, preventing us from ascending? That should be our next topic to explore!
bro..u try but dats not it..dat is resisting, quenching and insulting the Holy Spirit..(acts7:51)talks abt resisting...(1th5:19)talks about quenching...(heb10:29)talks about insulting
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
IZUKWU: By lying against the holy spirit and lying in the name of the holy spirit . It seems to me that there is a level you will reach in God to be able to commit this particular sin. Imagine those pastors called by their greed and stomach and they will say that God is calling them into ministry and full time and they will start looking for where to get magic with which to be doing miracles and confusing people so that they will be able to gather members .now imagine another minister actually called by God into ministry and full time and he is struggling and instead of depending and relying on God,he goes the way of what i described above. The holy will be more furious against the latter than the former , why ? Because he has known the original and yet went and embraced the imitation. The second minister knew the truth and have tasted it and he knew the fake . So when he willfully refuses to repent and continue in his errors ,if will be left with a condemned mind. My two cents though.
hmmn....very explanatory
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Ojaycom(m): 8:29am On Jan 10, 2013
Bidam: that is greiving the Holy Spirit bro...(eph4:30-31).

Y don't u people understand simple things? How can d Scripture say ALL sins can be forgiven&u are talking about grieving d Holy, So if I say curse the Holy spirit,God&Jesus& all d miracles&works of God&i genuinely repent&ask for forgiveneSs,are u saying dat I won't be,if u are then u are totally flippin wrong,d problem most people have is that when they read. that verse lyk d Matt 12:31&32,Mark 3:28&29 is dat Our Lord Jesus Christ was performing miracles&they called Him belzebub,so what? Y wud u say d sin against d Holy Spirit is when u curse someone who performs d works of d Spirit when He said even if u sin against d Son of Man u shall be forgiven, look read that thing well&understand it,its so simple bt people love to believe a lie,the sins dat u call sin against d Holy Spirit do they mean if someone commits then for instance@birth/a young age d person will neva b forgiven since d matt 12:32 says never in dis world or d next,of course not!!! Y wud God tell u to forgive each other&u commit a sin dat can neva b forgiven,pls wake up,again I refer u2 Ps 103-3 it says who forgives "ALL thine sins",pls how can dat b written&u turn around &say there is a sin that u can commit&no matter how much u repent of that sin it won't be forgiven.PLS I will say it again it is only a soul sat is no longer LIVING!! that cannot repent&if u don't repent u CAN'T be forgiven.get it in2 ur heads!!!! D funniest part is d sins u guys mentioned are not even close to sins that seem grievious,they don't even involve things lyk murder or desecrating God's altar or something serious that u wud do&people will b wondering y lightening hasn't struck u.Eph 4:30-31 u answered it by urself verse 31 mentions d things dat u do that grieve d Holy Spirit,u keep driving Him away with those sins(rememba Paul was talking to believers so u won't expect him to list all d sins in d world bt he said some of d sins dat are likely to befall them.@Izukwu lying against d Holy Spirit/in His name...fair bt not fair enuf wat if d person changes while still ALIVE?! A lie is a lie either way u choose to c it,d commandment said u shall not bear false witness against ur neighbour,the Word of God also says whatsoeva u do to d least of my brothers that u do unto me(Christ).
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ojay.com :

Y don't u people understand simple things? How can d Scripture say ALL sins can be forgiven&u are talking about grieving d Holy, So if I say curse the Holy spirit,God&Jesus& all d miracles&works of God&i genuinely repent&ask for forgiveneSs,are u saying dat I won't be,if u are then u are totally flippin wrong,d problem most people have is that when they read. that verse lyk d Matt 12:31&32,Mark 3:28&29 is dat Our Lord Jesus Christ was performing miracles&they called Him belzebub,so what? Y wud u say d sin against d Holy Spirit is when u curse someone who performs d works of d Spirit when He said even if u sin against d Son of Man u shall be forgiven, look read that thing well&understand it,its so simple bt people love to believe a lie,the sins dat u call sin against d Holy Spirit do they mean if someone commits then for instance@birth/a young age d person will neva b forgiven since d matt 12:32 says never in dis world or d next,of course not!!! Y wud God tell u to forgive each other&u commit a sin dat can neva b forgiven,pls wake up,again I refer u2 Ps 103-3 it says who forgives "ALL thine sins",pls how can dat b written&u turn around &say there is a sin that u can commit&no matter how much u repent of that sin it won't be forgiven.PLS I will say it again it is only a soul sat is no longer LIVING!! that cannot repent&if u don't repent u CAN'T be forgiven.get it in2 ur heads!!!! D funniest part is d sins u guys mentioned are not even close to sins that seem grievious,they don't even involve things lyk murder or desecrating God's altar or something serious that u wud do&people will b wondering y lightening hasn't struck u.Eph 4:30-31 u answered it by urself verse 31 mentions d things dat u do that grieve d Holy Spirit,u keep driving Him away with those sins(rememba Paul was talking to believers so u won't expect him to list all d sins in d world bt he said some of d sins dat are likely to befall them.@Izukwu lying against d Holy Spirit/in His name...fair bt not fair enuf wat if d person changes while still ALIVE?! A lie is a lie either way u choose to c it,d commandment said u shall not bear false witness against ur neighbour,the Word of God also says whatsoeva u do to d least of my brothers that u do unto me(Christ).
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ojay.com :

bro..u might do well to write in clear sentences..not all of us understand abbreviations..but from wat i gleaned from ur post u argument is that lying against the Holy Spirit can be forgiven..have u thot about the case of Ananias and sapphira? Wat happened to dem? Instant judgement becos they lied against the Holy Spirit..(act5:1-10).these are believers who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted of the word of God and the powers of the coming age(heb6:4-6)...as far as am concerned it was deliberate,willful, blaspheming the person of the Holy Spirit..when the church rise up in the Power of the Holy Spirit with all round gifts and manifesting the fruits of the Spirit also no force in hell can stop them just like the acts of the apostle judgement shall begin from the household of God..satan is having a field day now becos he knows believers are not right wit God..with u and me comming to agreement and understanding the will of the Father, the church cannot be perfected..satan knows this..hence he attacks churches within..he even counterfeits miracles with lying signs and wonders..but his time is short..there is already a great awakening in the Body of Christ..the knowledge of the glory of the Lord is taking over the Earth as waters covers the sea.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
Yooguyz: the sin against the holy spirit is when you attribute a sign e.g miracles, to the devil..or you knowly call a miracle fake when you know within you that it's real and from God, then you're blasheming against the holy ghost

so in other words the holy spirit is a conscience?

otherwise can someone explain to me what it is, if not as i described above??
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Ojaycom(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
Bidam: bro..u might do well to write in clear sentences..not all of us understand abbreviations..but from wat i gleaned from ur post u argument is that lying against the Holy Spirit can be forgiven..have u thot about the case of Ananias and sapphira? Wat happened to dem? Instant judgement becos they lied against the Holy Spirit..(act5:1-10).these are believers who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted of the word of God and the powers of the coming age(heb6:4-6)...as far as am concerned it was deliberate,willful, blaspheming the person of the Holy Spirit..when the church rise up in the Power of the Holy Spirit with all round gifts and manifesting the fruits of the Spirit also no force in hell can stop them just like the acts of the apostle judgement shall begin from the household of God..satan is having a field day now becos he knows believers are not right wit God..with u and me comming to agreement and understanding the will of the Father, the church cannot be perfected..satan knows this..hence he attacks churches within..he even counterfeits miracles with lying signs and wonders..but his time is short..there is already a great awakening in the Body of Christ..the knowledge of the glory of the Lord is taking over the Earth as waters covers the sea.

Sorry for the typos. read 2samuel6:7.the man was also struck dead immediately so is dat also in your definition a sin against the Holy Spirit? Look mahn,ananias&his wife were fraudulent as to concerns their offerings and d anger of God was also kindled agaginst them...wonderful,now do you mean to tell me that SINCE THEN no one has lied in the House of God&has committed such an offence or even more deadly ones? Have u ever heard of armed robbers operating in a Church? How come nothing happens there immediately? It is God's will to decide to take away dat person's life immediately or not.d example I gave in 2samuel 6,there are other people that touched that ark like the philistines&the babylonians&every other set of people dat conquered israel&made away with it y were they not struck dead immediately? I honestly hope for your sake that you understand that "things" happen in churches,people commit unthinkable blasphemies&abominations but still God doesn't act immediately UNLESS He chooses to. looking@d example u gave again If I pledge 1million naira to God&i bring less(when I have the 1m)are u saying judgement will b passed on me right away&i'Ll b struck dead? My broda if u believe say it works dat way..gud luck to u,I'm not sayin its rite to short-change(remember its after death comes judgement not d other way around),judgement will begin@d house of God yes not when d. People are still alive naa,it simply means many are called bt few are chosen,the ones that are likely to go to Heaven will b from d House of God(the righteous will enter heaven first b4 the wicked will b destroyed). Bro, I'm not against u,@least 4rm wat u said someone shouldn't lie in church,dats marvelous bt pls don't tell anyone once they've done that they've been condemned/can neva b forgiven because dats simply wat u are implying,d people will walk(if they're not struck dead immediately)for the rest of their lives seeking for forgiveness&wont get it? Bros dat can neva b true,sin has its consequences bt it doesn't mean it can't be forgiven.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

so in other words the holy spirit is a conscience?

otherwise can someone explain to me what it is, if not as i described above??
no..the Holy Spirit is a witness to ur conscience.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ojay.com :

Sorry for the typos. read 2samuel6:7.the man was also struck dead immediately so is dat also in your definition a sin against the Holy Spirit? Look mahn,ananias&his wife were fraudulent as to concerns their offerings and d anger of God was also kindled agaginst them...wonderful,now do you mean to tell me that SINCE THEN no one has lied in the House of God&has committed such an offence or even more deadly ones? Have u ever heard of armed robbers operating in a Church? How come nothing happens there immediately? It is God's will to decide to take away dat person's life immediately or not.d example I gave in 2samuel 6,there are other people that touched that ark like the philistines&the babylonians&every other set of people dat conquered israel&made away with it y were they not struck dead immediately? I honestly hope for your sake that you understand that "things" happen in churches,people commit unthinkable blasphemies&abominations but still God doesn't act immediately UNLESS He chooses to. looking@d example u gave again If I pledge 1million naira to God&i bring less(when I have the 1m)are u saying judgement will b passed on me right away&i'Ll b struck dead? My broda if u believe say it works dat way..gud luck to u,I'm not sayin its rite to short-change(remember its after death comes judgement not d other way around),judgement will begin@d house of God yes not when d. People are still alive naa,it simply means many are called bt few are chosen,the ones that are likely to go to Heaven will b from d House of God(the righteous will enter heaven first b4 the wicked will b destroyed). Bro, I'm not against u,@least 4rm wat u said someone shouldn't lie in church,dats marvelous bt pls don't tell anyone once they've done that they've been condemned/can neva b forgiven because dats simply wat u are implying,d people will walk(if they're not struck dead immediately)for the rest of their lives seeking for forgiveness&wont get it? Bros dat can neva b true,sin has its consequences bt it doesn't mean it can't be forgiven.
get my point bro..the body of Christ is not one now..we ave alot of denominations..in acts of the apostle..the early christians are ONE BODY...no division..after the outpouring of the Spirit in acts2..look @ wat happened in acts3..miracle where a crippled walked..how many real miracles(apart frm tv..mayb false..who knows)ave u seen since u started attending churches? I mean real MIRACLES!..look @ act4..more boldness from the Holy Spirit to preach(acts4:31)..act 5..judgement..act6 mighty explosion of the Gospel.(act 6:7) notice that d explosion came after the church was purged not before. There will come a time wen judgement will start from God's house..mark my words..it is scripture..am not a prophet of doom.
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Andybaby: 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sin against the Holy Spirit and The Unpardonable sin can be any major sin but committed by a Formerly fervent christian with full agreement of his soul with your spirit. If you speak against the Spirit of God Wilfully(100% agreement of your soul with your spirit) it becomes unpardonable. Your body will naturally follow. The person cannot even come to the place of repentance. The spirit of a born again christian is saved. But if a Christian persist in sin resisting all forms of call to repentance his Soul and Spirit man becomes hardened in the sin until it's a 100% agreement. Then that person can never be restored. Your heart attitude is vital. A proud unrepentant heart is more prone to committing this sin
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Geegee145: 8:17am On May 10, 2015
Now, this is what I think.
I have read so much about this particular sin.
I THINK(opinion) you blaspheme The HOLY SPIRIT by
1. Lying : When someone says evil things or false things about the HOLY SPIRIT
2. Ascribing the works of JESUS CHRIST to the devil and vice versa
3. Rejecting Jesus and The Conviction by the HOLY SPIRIT
Now anybody who has committed this sin will have hardened his heart and would never ask for forgiveness
If you read the Bible carefully you would see that the Pharisees had stiff necks
Re: How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? by Raymondluv(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2015
Geegee145:
Now, this is what I think.
I have read so much about this particular sin.
I THINK(opinion) you blaspheme The HOLY SPIRIT by
1. Lying : When someone says evil things or false things about the HOLY SPIRIT
2. Ascribing the works of JESUS CHRIST to the devil and vice versa
3. Rejecting Jesus and The Conviction by the HOLY SPIRIT
Now anybody who has committed this sin will have hardened his heart and would never ask for forgiveness
If you read the Bible carefully you would see that the Pharisees had stiff necks

What is the person baptize buy water and holy spirit can he be forgiven

(1) (Reply)

Juju: How Real Is African Black Magic? / Breaking News: Bishop David Oyedepo Loses Mother / Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.