Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 (18361 Views)

Ritual Killers: One -chance Operators Devise New Strategies / Okada Rider Killed By Suspected Ritual Killers In Lagos, Eyes Plucked Out / Sex Workers In Ogun Battle Ritual Killers[PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by mukina2: 12:38am On Oct 23, 2012
A commercial motorcyclist, identified simply as Ifeanyi, has been arrested for allegedly handing over a nurse, Mrs. Helen Ilonge, to ritual killers after collecting N10, 000.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Ilonge had on Tuesday last week took Ifeanyi’s motorcycle on her way to Igoli along the Ogoja-Ikom Highway in Ogoja LGA.

Ilonge, the coordinator of Primary Health Care in Bekwarra Local Government Area of Cross River State, was coming from a programme at the Assemblies of God Church, Abakaliki in Ebonyi State, and had alighted from a vehicle at Okpongrinya junction before taking the bike.

It was gathered that Ilonge (51) was beheaded while her other vital reproductive parts such as breast and vagina were removed for ritual purposes.

Ilonge’s neighbour, Mrs. Theresa Idagwu, on Sunday said, “Ifeanyi took the lady from Okpogrinya Junction on the pretence that he was taking her to the village, which is 10 minutes drive from the point. But along the way, he stopped and handed her over to kidnappers at Ukpe.

Meanwhile, the woman had called her daughter, Victoria, around 9pm that she had taken a bike at Okpogrinya Junction on her way to Igoli. She said when she gets to her destination; she would call again so that Victoria would boil water for her to take her bath. That was Ilonge’s last call.”

Repeated calls made to the woman’s line, according to Idagwu, indicated that it was switched off.

She said Ilonge’s family became worried when the woman did not return home. “We went everywhere- police stations, hospitals and even her friends in Igoli, thinking that may be an accident had occurred along the road but we got nothing,” Idagwu added.

Two days later, Idagwu said someone called Victoria on her phone and informed her that her mother had been kidnapped. The caller demanded a ransom of N50, 000 to be remitted in form of recharge cards.

She said, “Since her daughter could not raise the money, she rushed to the Bekwarra LGA headquarters where the head of administration, Mr. Bisong Bogbo, and the chairman, Mr. Linus Edeh, provided the money with which she bought recharge cards and sent to the caller.

“The voice claimed that he needed the recharge cards so he could sell and run away from his master who is a ritual killer. He claimed that he had been serving his master for a long time and wanted to run away. He said once he gets the cards, he will break the door where the nurse is being kept and release her.”

The LGA’s head of administration, Bogbo, confirmed that the cards were sent to the kidnapper through Victoria’s telephone.

He said immediately the alleged kidnapper confirmed receipt of the cards; he switched off his telephone.

Luck, however, ran out of Ifeanyi. Policemen tracked his telephone line and discovered that he called Victoria from Abuochiche.

Further investigations, it was gathered, showed that Ifeanyi had been selling the cards in the village immediately he got them.

When he was arrested, Bogbo told our correspondent that Ifeanyi led the police to one of the ritual killers identified simply as Elvis.

Elvis, according to Bogbo, confessed that the nurse had already been killed and some of her vital organs removed before Ifeanyi asked for the recharge cards.

Elvis also said the remains of the woman were buried in a swamp.

At the council headquarters, one of the late nurse’s colleagues, Mr. Gabriel Ogar, said she was probably the kindest woman he ever worked with.

Ogar said, “I have worked with five coordinators, but I know that she is just the best so far. She worked to the admiration of Governor Liyel Imoke and now she has been killed leaving her five children without a helper.

“Her husband died 12 years ago and since then she has been the one taking care of the children and only one has graduated. Please let the government do something for those poor children.”

When contacted on Monday, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Osita Ezechukwu, said the police were still investigating the matter.

He said four suspects had been apprehended by the anti-homicide unit, adding that when the investigation was completed the suspects would be prosecuted.

“We have taken confessional statement from them. Those who are not involved have been allowed to go while those who are involved are still in detention,” Ezechukwu said.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/motorcyclist-sells-nurse-to-ritual-killers-for-n10000/

1 Like

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by dayokanu(m): 3:55am On Oct 23, 2012
Reminds me of Nigerias greatest ritualist Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto

1 Like

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:00am On Oct 23, 2012
That Motorcyclist should not be let out for at least 40 years because he is dangerous.
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Standing5(m): 6:24am On Oct 23, 2012
This is shocking!
For someone to actually trade his fellow human being, in principle, is very very wrong. One of them even made 50k out of the situation but still decided to sell the collateral for 10 miserable thousands naira only. This goes to show there are other forces at play in the life of the criminals than greed. . .they need deliverance!! ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Abagworo(m): 7:04am On Oct 23, 2012
dayokanu: Reminds me of Nigerias greatest ritualist Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto

That Otokoto saga seems more like a set up to me.
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24am On Oct 23, 2012
Mukina...

Thanks alot..

I stopped reading after I saw the the motorcyclists name was Ifeanyi.

Moving on to the next HP news in search of more Igbo crime threads..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by jigawatts(m): 8:28am On Oct 23, 2012
Ifeanyi

Hmmmmmmmmm undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 23, 2012
Chai! Ihe neme! Hope-the worst part of it.they were hoping that after sending the recharge card,their mum would be released.she was already dead! May her soul RIP.As for ifeanyi...God will reward you
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Leobreezy(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2012
To be honest, its people like this that deserve "the aluu treatment". Just imagine the sorrow her children are in. God, some humans are wicked and cruel.

1 Like

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by omenziate(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2012
This news is quite stale now, happened like 2 weeks back. Are dese moderators covertly supporting tribalism ? SMH
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 23, 2012
Why do this tribe have PHD in crimes...?

4 Likes

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by TonySpike: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2012
Many posts are hidden...very promising thread, I see. I've already ordered my cinema popcorn, can others please buy theirs too. It's not a movie worth missing!

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by princemedico: 8:37am On Oct 23, 2012
Okija_juju: Mukina...

Thanks alot..

I stopped reading after I saw the the motorcyclists name was Ifeanyi.

Moving on to the next HP news in search of more Igbo crime threads..
Those are your brothers and later they will bring the parts to your shrine to do the necessary...
The likes of this Ifeanyi should be hanged or imprisoned for life.

RIP

4 Likes

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Afam4eva(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2012
Why i'm i not surprised?
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Raxxye(m): 8:45am On Oct 23, 2012
OMG! This is so scary! Why are humans this wicked? Imagine beheading someone who did you no harm **sobs** cry cry cry
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by ABsI1: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2012
Now tell me what judgement or conviction should be given to the perpetrators of this gruesome crime/murder? Shouldnt it be death as stipulated in the Holy Books? This useless amnesty international will now come and be talking their yeye grammer to us.God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Dreyl(m): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2012
very very bad i wonder what this earth is turning into.
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Ndoz(m): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2012
Naija..smh[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: Motorcyclist Sells Nurse To Ritual Killers For N10,000 by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 23, 2012
This news is quite stale now, happened like 2 weeks back. Are dese moderators covertly supporting tribalism ? SMH

I used to think it was just a coincidence that the crime news that made HP were committed by a certain ethnic group, but I am beginning to think that their showing up in front page is a calculated attempt by the mods to incite tribalism and draw traffic.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umueledi, Abia Protests With Coffin Over Outrageous EEDC Billing (Pics, Video) / Osinachi: FG Slams 23-Count Charge Against Peter Nwachukwu / Adamu And Umar Chinoko, 2 ABU Lecturers Kidnapped In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.