Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft (26834 Views)

Marian Adejokun Suffers Allergic Eyedrop Reaction (Graphic Photos) / Woman Delivers A Faceless Baby In Aba (pic) / Baby Born With Cleft Lip In Ogun - Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Zulele: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
A Chinese baby born with a rare facial deformity that makes it appear like he is wearing a mask is being prepared for corrective surgery.

Zhao Huikang suffers from a severe form of macrostomia, a condition that leaves sufferers with an abnormally wide mouth, the Shanghai Daily reports.

Photographs of Zhao show his mouth appearing to stretch up to the middle of his face.

Zhao was born to a poor family in a rural area of the Hunan province. Family members encouraged his mother Yi Zilian to abandon him but she refused.

"The only thing I could do is to give him more love and more care and try our best to make him live a normal life," she said.

Zhao's deformity appeared so severe doctors were reluctant to let his mother see him after it was born, according to reports.

A Shanghai hospital has decided to provide free surgery to the boy to correct the deformity but Dr Ren Tianping said he may need many procedures over time as he grows up.

"Since he can't chew, the boy also suffers malnutrition," Dr Tianping said.

"Our surgery will ensure he can eat."

The procedures will repair the facial bones, muscles and surface tissue but doctors are still unsure whether the surgery will be successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V7_oJGKmla4

http://health.msn.co.nz/blog.aspx?blogentryid=668315&showcomments=true

1 Like

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by LadyWinona: 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
I know I sound insensitive right now but I wld do anything to get this kind of case where I work instead of the usual fever, convulsion, diarrhea and vomitting. DAMN!!!
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by nikkyshyne(f): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
WOW!
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
Very cute.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by damola1: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
really cute...
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by acidtalk: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
Damn!!!
And some people are still indoubt about the existence of GOD.

1 Like

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by WildOne1: 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hmmm.......... this pix is becoming viral! got it on my facebook.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by TeeSeven(m): 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
This is simply unbelievable! I hope they can effect an corrective surgery.
Cute baby smiley
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by omenziate(m): 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2012
Still looks photoshopped to me, more like a superimposed face. D child is scary. D love mothers have for their children ehn.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by osajojo(m): 9:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
na like dis them fine pass self, how dem wan do am pass
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by DANILSA(m): 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
omenziate: Still looks photoshopped to me, more like a superimposed face. D child is scary. D love mothers have for their children ehn.
NO NA PICTURESTORE grin

2 Likes

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Dinvictus: 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
What is cute? the baby or his condition or d story?

@Lady W,i wont mind vomiting and fever anytime any day than dis type of situation happening where even d doctors are not sure of d success of d surgery.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by TeeSeven(m): 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
On a lighter note, '2-face' should consider writting a song for this baby sha.
wink

3 Likes

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Asabaman(m): 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
Wish them a successful surgery
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
Lahila ilala muhammud rosululah s.a.w.

3 Likes

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by cutina: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
IRON MAN BABY shocked
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by WildOne1: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
HOPE AFTER THE SURGERY HE WILL BE ABLE TO SWALLOW LIKE THIS ONE cool

7 Likes

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by TeeSeven(m): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
Wild-One:
Lol! The expression on this baby's face is simply hilarious! grin
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by JoanJohnson(f): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hmmm, speechless. We shld be grateful each day to God and appreciate hw we are rather than complain abt our luks.

1 Like

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
acidtalk: Damn!!!
you mean God did this? Wow! The reasoning of some people here makes me wanna wake up my great-granma from the grave, and tell her the world has get dumber
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Ariyke: 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
God is great!
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by pastormustwacc: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2012
Lady Winona: I know I sound insensitive right now but I wld do anything to get this kind of case where I work instead of the usual fever, convulsion, diarrhea and vomitting. DAMN!!!
I feeel you jare, that will be a veeery interesting case. But as you and i know, if that kinda case should happen here, people will likely resort to alternative medicine and will only come when it is almost too late to do anything. Look at when people usually come in to report with breast cancer despite all screaming and all that.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
Wild-One:

Shey that soup no dey too small for the eba? Which kind wickedness be that.

@ Topic

Life can be so cruel at times. What did the child do to deserve such a deformity? I doubt that the surgeons can restore him to normalcy.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by WildOne1: 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
pro01:

Shey that soup no dey too small for the eba? Which kind wickedness be that.

@ Topic

Life can be so cruel at times. What did the child do to deserve such a deformity? I doubt that the surgeons can restore him to normalcy.
BROS, THEM DON PRAY FOR THAT SOUP, THE HE CHOP, THE MORE E DE PLENTY.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2012
My God! I hope he is not in any pain. Btw, he doesn't look malnourished to me. Chubby arms and legs. I hope his surgery is a success.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2012

So God makes crazy baby faces?

You god sounds foolish!
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
Damn ! I really feel for the little child and the parents especially. What a rare congenital anomaly angry !
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by virginvampire(m): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Kslib(m): 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
I believe in God,but how will this convince an atheist that God exists?

3 Likes

Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
Dinvictus: What is cute? the baby or his condition or d story?
The baby and his face.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by bolaino(m): 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
Lady Winona: I know I sound insensitive right now but I wld do anything to get this kind of case where I work instead of the usual fever, convulsion, diarrhea and vomitting. DAMN!!!
I hope you don't work in a Nigerian hospital, cos if u do, na mouth u just dey make, and I know you're not a surgeon, cos if u were u would know that the surgical procedure they are about carrying out on the child is a tricky one, and it might not be successful, so why would any surgeon want to take such a risk, but anyways if u're looking for strong cases I advise u change your place of work, go and work for a government owned medical facility.
Re: Two-Faced 'Mask' Baby In China Suffers From Transverse Facial Cleft by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
cutina: IRON MAN BABY shocked
That is correct. And also The Masked Baby.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti / I Mistakenly Chewed And Swallowed A Big Coackroach In My Porridge Beans. / Ipokia Local Government Clinic Ogun Where 10,000 Residents Share 1 Hospital Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.