Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines (2523 Views)

Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring / Favourite Movie Quotes / Best Movie Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
We all know that the best of movies became so because of some outstanding quotes / lines in them. What are some of your favourite quotes/lines from movies you have watched, I will start with some of Denzel's

Let us do this for fun

Here are a few of favorite movie quotes from Denzel Washington.

Creasy: (Man on Fire):
"Okay, my friend. It's off to the next life for you. I guarantee you, you won't be lonely."

John Q. Archibald: (John Q):
"I am not going to bury my son! My son is going to bury me!"

Alonzo: (The Training Day):
"Today's a training day, Officer Hoyt. Show you around, give you a taste of the business. I got 38 cases pending trial, 63 in active investigations, another 250 on the log I can't clear. I supervise five officers. That's five different personalities. Five sets of problems. You can be number six if you act now. But I ain't holding no hands, okay? I ain't baby-sitting. You got today and today only to show me who and what you're made of."

Coach Boone: (Remember the Titans):
"You look like a bunch of fifth grade sissies after a cat fight! You got anger, that's good you're gonna need it, you got aggression that's even better you're gonna need that, too. But any little two year old child can throw a fit! Football is about controlling that anger, harnessing that aggression into a team effort to achieve perfection!"

Rubin "Hurricane" Carter (The Hurricane):
"Hate put me in prison. Love's gonna bust me out."

John Hobbes (Fallen):
"Why are we here? Us, humans? I mean there's six billion of us, we're like ants, I mean do we care what ants do, from a moral standpoint?"

Nathaniel Serling (Courage Under Fire):
"Son, I work for the Pentagon, so I admit I'm a little slow on the uptake, but did you just threaten me?"

Easy Rawlins (Devil in a Blue Dress):
"A man once told me that you step out of your door in the morning, and you are already in trouble. The only question is are you on top of that trouble or not?"

Malcolm X (Malcolm X):
"We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us!"

Ron Hunter (Crimson Tide):
"If I'm wrong, then we're at war; God help us all."

Trip (Glory):
"I'm from around Tennessee. I ran away when I was 12 years old and I ain't never looked back."

Don Pedro of Aragon (Much Ado About Nothing):
"I shall see thee, ere I die, look pale with love."
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
GLADIATORS

MAXIMUS : [removes helmet and turns around to face Commodus] My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

[Commodus trembles in disbelief]

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by ATMC(f): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
And you brutus? ...macbeth
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Rocktation(f): 3:08am On Oct 24, 2012
"The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?"
-Frank Costello in The Departed.
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by TonySpike: 4:15am On Oct 24, 2012
But, now you come to me, and you say: "Don Corleone, give me justice." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and you ask me to do murder for money - Don Corleone (The Godfather)

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2012
"Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"

DEVIL's ADVOCATE

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by TonySpike: 10:06am On Oct 24, 2012
"I want you to get this Bleep where he breathes! I want you to find this nancy-boy Eliot Ness, I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!" - Al-Capone (The Untouchables)

"I'm gonna tell you something. Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with with him. Somebody steals from me, I'm gonna say you stole. Not talk to him for spitting on the sidewalk. Understand? Now, I have done nothing to harm these people but they are angered with me, so what do they do, doctor up some income tax, for which they have no case. To speak to me like me, no, to harass a peaceful man. I pray to god if I ever had a grievance I'd have a little more self respect. One more thing, you have an all out prize fight, you wait until the fight is over, one guy is left standing. And that's how you know who won" - Al-Capone (The Untouchables)
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by P3trCruzZ(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2012
''Lesson one, neva loose ur f*cking guard'' DOCTORE /spartacus/

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
COMING TO AMERICA

Oha : [singing] She's your Queen-to-be. A Queen-to-be forever. A Queen who'll do whatever his highness desires. She's your Queen-to-be. A vision of perfection. An object of affection to quench your royal fire. Completely free from infection. To be used at your discretion. Waiting only for your direction. Your Queen-to-be.

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by ATMC(f): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2012
sadeiyare: COMING TO AMERICA

Oha : [singing] She's your Queen-to-be. A Queen-to-be forever. A Queen who'll do whatever his highness desires. She's your Queen-to-be. A vision of perfection. An object of affection to quench your royal fire. Completely free from infection. To be used at your discretion. Waiting only for your direction. Your Queen-to-be.
O my! *standing ovation* clapping...i love this! You know y? Because i saw this movie when i was small but didn't understand d song but now i do, i'll watch it again, thanks to you

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
Teen wolf(season 1)
Stiles: so did u apologiez to allison
Scott:yes
Stiles: (walks away) good then
Scott: not good
Stilessadturns back) why?
Scott: her father shot me with crossbow
Stiles: allisons father??
Scott: shot me with a crossbow
Stiles:allisons father

Scott: yes, allisons father(angry n cryn at d same time then turning into a werewolf). He's the hunter from the oda night in d woods
Stiles: dude snap back
Scott:allisons father
Stiles: focus on lacrosse for now and everytn will be fine.

Just love ds part.
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
LITTLE MERMAID I

Louis: [singing] Les... pois... sons, les poissons / How I love les poissons / Love to *chop* and to serve little fish / First I cut off their heads, then I pull out their bones / Ah, mais oui ça c'est toujours delish / Les poissons, les poissons, Hee-hee-hee, ho-ho-ho! / With the cleaver I *hack* them in two / I pull out what's inside, and I serve it up fried / 'Cause I love little fishes, don't you? / Here's something for tempting the palate / Prepared in the classic technique / First you *pound* the fish flat with the mallet / Then you slash through the skin, give the belly a slice / Then you rub some salt in, 'cause that makes it taste nice!

[Sees Sebastian]

Louis: Zut alors! I have missed one.

[Picks him up]

Louis: Sacrebleu! What is this? / How on earth could I miss / Such a sweet, little succulent crab / Quel dommage, what a loss! / Here we go, in the sauce / Now some flour, I think just a dab / Now I'll stuff you with bread! / It don't hurt, 'cause you're dead / And you're certainly lucky you are / 'Cause it's gonna be hot in my big silver pot / Toodle-oo, mon poisson, au revoir!
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by DaGC(m): 11:13am On Oct 26, 2012
"Martini, shaken, not stirred"...OO7(Bond Movie Series)

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

Tuco: You never had a rope around your neck. Well, I'm going to tell you something. When that rope starts to pull tight, you can feel the Devil bite your a-s-s.
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 01, 2012
MARKED FOR DEATH

Screwface : Everybody wan go heaven, but nobody want dead. Afraid
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by femmy2010(m): 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
"We are all going to die,not just today" - Captain Hopper in the thriller BATTLESHIP.

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by naijathings(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
[size=16pt]"I don't care who i have to fight.
If he rips my arms off, i will kick him to death.
if he rips my legs off, i will bite him to death.
if he rips my head off, i will stare at him to death.
If he gorges my eyes out, i will curse him from beyond the grave.
even if i am torn to shreds, I am taking Sasuke back from Orochimaru
"[/size]

- Naruto.

Naruto (season 7)

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2012
naijathings: [size=16pt]"I don't care who i have to fight.
If he rips my arms off, i will kick him to death.
if he rips my legs off, i will bite him to death.
if he rips my head off, i will stare at him to death.
If he gorges my eyes out, i will curse him from beyond the grave.
even if i am torn to shreds, I am taking Sasuke back from Orochimaru
"[/size]

- Naruto.

Naruto (season 7)

I haven't even seen this movie and I am already liking it.(Desperado) lol 1000likes
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by naijathings(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2012
sadeiyare:

I haven't even seen this movie and I am already liking it.(Desperado) lol 1000likes
you will enjoy it if you don't mind cartoons. very interesting stuff

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 03, 2012
naijathings:
you will enjoy it if you don't mind cartoons. very interesting stuff

Not-at all
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by willyede(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
A Man either accepts his fates or get destroyed by it......bATIATIS to SPATACUS
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
THE AVENGERS

Loki: Enough! You are, all of you are beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I shall not be bullied by...

[Hulk flattens Loki with repeated smashes into the floor]

The Hulk: [leaving] Puny god.

[Loki groans weakly from his crater in the floor]

3 Likes

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Alexander1300(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mahn.... This is going to be hard oo. Oh well. I guess I should just throw them all in there. Lemme start with
*AVENGERS
Loki- 'I have an army.'
Tony Stark- 'We have the hulk.'

Persian Emissary- 'This is blasphemy! This is madness!'
Leonidas- (turns around and looks at his queen, gets an approval nod, turns back) 'Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!' (kicks persian emmisary into waterhole)

*X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Victor Creed- 'Tell me, Logan. Do you even know how to kill me?'
Logan- 'I'm gonna rip your freaking head off. See if that works.'

Logan- 'If I come with you, I'm coming for blood. No law, no code of conduct. You point me in the right direction and you stay the hell outta my way.'

*TROY
Achilles- 'You will have no eyes, no ears or a tongue. You will roam blind, deaf and dumb and all of the underworld will know that this is Hector- the fool who thought he killed Achilles.'

*BLADE TRINITY
Dracula- 'Blade. Ready to die?'
Blade- 'I was born ready, mother fucker.'
Dracula- 'Motherfucker. I like that'

*Terminator II
CSM 101- 'Hasta la vista, baby.'(grenade launcher goes off)

*RESIDENT EVIL
J.T.- 'I shot her 5 times....and she was still standing.'
Rain- 'Bitch ain't standing now.'

*SMALLVILLE SEASON 5 PREMIERE
Chloe- 'I wonder who's more freaked out right now- me, knowing they get their medicine here via dogsled or you finally finding out I know your secret?'

*SEASON 6 EPISODE 11
Green Arrow- 'You make one hell of a can opener.'
Cyborg- 'You'll look good on a bag of green beans.'

Oliver Queen- 'Did he just say something nice about me?
Arthur Curry- 'Maybe he's starting to rust.'

*SUPERNATURAL SEASON 6 EPISODE: LIKE A VIRGIN
Sam- 'So what kind of thing likes virgins and gold?'
Dean- (sarcastic tone)'P.Diddy?'

*WONDERWOMAN
Artemis- 'Alas, my queen. It feels like the first day at school.'
Queen Hippolyta- 'And yet, you couldn't find a bigger sword?'
Artemis- 'Sword? This is but my dagger.'(smiles wickedly)

*JUSTICE LEAGUE SEASON 1 EPISODE: SECRET SOCIETY PART 1

Clayface-' You didn't think I'd come here without reinforcements, did you?'
Batman- 'Wish I'd thought of that. (door blasts open revealing the other JLA members behind him) Oh wait.(crookish smile) I did.'

*DOOM
The Sarge- 'You're gonna shoot me, Reaper?'
Reaper- 'Yeah, the thought did cross my mind.'
The Sarge- 'How much ammo you got?'
Reaper- 'Half a clip. You?'
The Sarge- (sighs, checks his BFG) 'I've got one round.'(boom)
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by sushieater: 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
^^^ correct guy
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by sushieater: 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
''The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers
and mutineers'' - Jack Sparrow

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 10, 2012
TOY STORY 1

Potato Head: (screams at Woody) Murderer!

LITTLE MERMAID

Loius: (frustrated after chasing Sebastine and destroying the kitchen) Come out and fight like a man!
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:27am On Dec 14, 2012
Sherlock Holmes: That was no accident, it was by design.
(Sherlock Holmes- A Game Of Shadows)

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
Make it or break it.

My name is Kaylie Cruz and I am anorexic
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by victory148(m): 9:40pm On Dec 15, 2012
Alas my children u will always remember 2day as d day dat u almost caught captain jack sparrow.Pirate of d Carribean

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
Avengers

Thor : Humans, so petty and tiny.
Re: Your Favourite Movie Quotes/lines by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 16, 2013
Mr Candie: Gentlemen, you had my curiosity, now you have my attention...Django unchained.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Homeland Discussion Thread / India English Movies Subtitles;where Can I Download Them From? / Unveiled And Launch Of Tstv But Absence Sport Channels Shocked Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.