Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (33564 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ifyalways(f): 9:58am On Oct 27, 2012
Okija_juju: Nna Le kwa nu ambush o!

Unu si m me gini!? Unu Biko hapu kwa m mo... Aburo'm event organizer
lol
I ga-eme ya oh. Dede Andre si na o ga enyelu gi aka.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by dayokanu(m): 10:28am On Oct 27, 2012
Onlytruth:

I couldn’t help but notice that I still polled a whopping 45% of votes even though I asked to be allowed to retire, and of course without putting up a campaign for re-election. I was both happy and sad because of that: happy that you love me so much and will miss me, and sad also because you seem to be apprehensive of the incoming leadership. I presume that most of my voters are not sure of what the new Eze may bring to the office; however I wish to double assure them that we shall ALL help our new Eze to be the way we want him to be. Our new Eze is also a member of ENYI. I won't say more about that for now. I will advise the incoming Eze to continue in the line that we (he and I and the council members) have already laid down (defending Igbo position and interest without apologies).

May Amadioha impregnate you and your cohorts with albino triplets.

Despite the attempt by the useless PointlessB and the electoral committee to force you on electorates you were still roundly rejected.

Did you not tell ppl you werent going to contest? But in your duplicitous, cowardly and inability to keep ones word you came back for election and was summarily defeated.

WHat your defeat means is that Igbos dont value anything in your leadership style, they dont see any good in you, Your last one year has been a complete waste, even the powers of INEC failed to do anything to help, despite the slander of Odumchi by your supporters he still won the popular votes.

Look at Odumchi and your own profile pictures and see which one propagates Igbo cultures

https://www.nairaland.com/onlytruth

https://www.nairaland.com/odumchi

Obviously Odumchi is a real son of Igbo land and proud of his culture while the self hating Onyeoshi called Onlytruth could only put a picture NOT depicting his culture and root. I am certain people like Odumchi would bear their native Ibo names with pride while useless Onlytruth would hide behind adopted foreign names like ROACHAS, SULLIVAN, PETER obi, MARTIN elechi and THEODORE orji just like your Igbo names hating governors

In your miserable existence on this forum have you ever opened a thread that enlightened both Igbos and non Igbos about your culture like Odumchi does on the regular?

Let us check the list of topics opened by you and Odumchi in the last 1yr and let anyone tell us who has given NdYIBOS a better name on this website

Below is an example of odumchi type topic https://www.nairaland.com/1029728/ndi-igbo-come-show-us below is an example of an Onlytruth type topic https://www.nairaland.com/1036481/islam-non-oil-exports-true-then

Looking at the two topics one can already see the mindset of the two and definitely Odumchi is way more cerebral than Onlylies can ever hope to be in this life and the next

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 27, 2012
I wish to congratulate the new Eze Igbo Nairaland Odumchi and the Eze Nwanyi Ogugua. Your guys won fair and square like they say.

To the Election body ably led by my friend PointB...you are a tough guy, I honestly respect you, you have a tough skin, wish you are like this in real life.

Your tenacity of purpose, calmness in the midst of huge provocation and good organizational skill are unmatched.

To the rest of the Election team..you guys are great, the team work exhibited by you guys was awesome and your loyalty to PointB was exemplary.

To Umu Igbo on Nairaland...Congrats!

If in the course of the NOMINATION THREAD and this ELECTION THREAD I've annoyed or rub anyone the wrong way, I sincerely apologize, all I did was to add some fun to the whole process and never my intention for a second to derail the election.

Once again..a huge congratulation to everybody involved in making this year election a great success. cool

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 27, 2012
Mgbadike80: @odunnu, kedu akụkụ ọnịcha ebe i no

How did you do this ,....Typing in the real IGBO alphabets, has always wanted to use real IGBO alphabets
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2012
comment hidden.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 10:40am On Oct 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Despite the attempt by the useless PointlessB and the electoral committee to force you on electorates you were still roundly rejected.

Did you not tell ppl you werent going to contest? But in your duplicitous, cowardly and inability to keep ones word you came back for election and was summarily defeated.

WHat your defeat means is that Igbos dont value anything in your leadership style, they dont see any good in you, Your last one year has been a complete waste, even the powers of INEC failed to do anything to help, despite the slander of Odumchi by your supporters he still won the popular votes.

Look at Odumchi and your own profile pictures and see which one propagates Igbo cultures

Obviously Odumchi is a real son of Igbo land and proud of his culture while the self hating Onyeoshi called Onlytruth could only put a picture NOT depicting his culture and root. I am certain people like Odumchi would bear their native Ibo names with pride while useless Onlytruth would hide behind adopted foreign names like ROACHAS, SULLIVAN, PETER obi, MARTIN elechi and THEODORE orji just like your Igbo names hating governors

In your miserable existence on this forum have you ever opened a thread that enlightened both Igbos and non Igbos about your culture like Odumchi does on the regular?

Let us check the list of topics opened by you and Odumchi in the last 1yr and let anyone tell us who has given NdYIBOS a better name on this website

Below is an example of odumchi type topic https://www.nairaland.com/1029728/ndi-igbo-come-show-us below is an example of an Onlytruth type topic https://www.nairaland.com/1036481/islam-non-oil-exports-true-then

Looking at the two topics one can already see the mindset of the two and definitely Odumchi is way more cerebral than Onlylies can ever hope to be in this life and the next
^

grin grin grin grin grin
I cant believe that this fool will ever make me laugh cheesy

But on the real though Ayodele is a stalker grin

Goodness me
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Balkan(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2012
dayokanu:

You will just kill yourself for nothing. This guy you are insulting is well respected by 90% in this Nairaland
You seem to be jealous of him

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Demdem(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2012
Congrats to Odumchi. Kudos also to Okija. U fought clean and well. A message has been sent no doubt about that.
Good riddance to Onlylies
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nne no o...

COOGER is a woman...OR SHE-HE
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by abouzaid: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2012
@chessboard, u can use d igbo dictionary on ur nokia phone or combination keys on ur keyboard.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Ivynwa(f): 10:53am On Oct 27, 2012
odumchi:

Nne, o bu gini?

O bu eziokwu na adi m afo iri na isii. Kedu kwanu ihe ozo?

Was it not the late Eze Aro, Maazi Kanu Oji VII, that was coronated Eze Aro at the age of 17? Age is but a number and I don't believe people should be prejudiced because of it. For all I know, there's no way for you to verify my true age since we're online, so I don't see why such a negligible factor should be even considered when anyone can make up any age for themselves.

Oh my gosh! so it's true----I'm even more astounded by the acceptance speech. How did you grow so fast? The speech is from a mature mind, when I was asking the age I was thinking that na onye di afo iri na isii ga ka na awu aru n'afo n'afo (as in won't be seriously minded) but you seem to be proving yourself in carrying yourself good. Congrats to you, Eze I ga adi ndu rue mgbe ebighi ebi grin grin.

ogugua88: My dear brothers and sisters,
I would like to thank you all for your time and support, from the nomination stage, to the voting period, and until now. I would like to thank my supporters: berem, ifyalways, tchidi, High_Chief, and many more of you. I noticed you all and want you to know that your advocacy is poignant, encouraging and motivating.
Commissioner PointB, Afam4eva, 9ja_I_hail, and UjChief, a big thanks to all of you. I know that what you did is not easy. Like the rest of us, you have your personal lives, but still made time to monitor this election, late into the night on some occasions. Thank you again for volunteering your time and successfully conducting this election in a steadfast manner.
As for those who did not vote for me, I would like to thank you as well. Firstly, for humbling me and reminding me that I do not have everyone’s approval. Secondly, for motivating me and conveying that, with my election, there are great tasks at hand.

---------

Finally, congratulations are in order for Odumchi, our Eze-Elect of Nairaland. I trust in you to lead us in the best of directions. I, too, look forward to collaborating with you to adequately and properly represent our people.
As the great Chinua Achebe said, “It is the story that owns and directs us. It is the thing that makes us different from cattle. It is the mark on the face that sets one people apart from their neighbors”. Umu Igbo, let us continue to write our story and make our mark. United we shall prosper.

Ogugua.

Nice speech there Ogugua, kedukwanu afa ana etu gi? Is it Ezenwanyi Obidiya ka o bu Acharugo nwanyi? as you dey shine like Ugo. grin grin

ifyalways: Nice acceptance speeches by eze and eze nwanyi elect, odumchi and ogugua. I thank you both for accepting to serve ndi Igbo and may the gods of our lands give you both the wisdom to lead us well.

Okija Nwanne, you did well too. Let us all throw away our differences and grudges, rally round this new government and forge ahead. Ka ihe nile bere na abali buru anwunta, inu?

Igbo Amaka.

Eze I'm advocating that Ifyalways be given the title "Ada di ora mma 1 of Nairaland" for joining forces with some of you culture-minded persons in bringing us the real Igbo culture experience online.

O gini n' afio, nothing dey happen! grin grin. Ngwanu k'anyi gbaria egwu Oliver De Coque nwere anuri n' onwero ife n'eme grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wxvntvTXI
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by lastpage: 10:57am On Oct 27, 2012
Ngwakwe:

See the enemy of the Igbos. How come you suggest this abomination as a way forward.

How come you didn't observe we had Lastpage (Yoruba Gburugburu 1 of Yoruba Kingdom) as an independent Observer.

Okay, in the next election for Lagos State LGA's. Fashola should hire Abia State Electoral Commission to join Lagos State Commission as to make it more credible.

You hear, good thought.
Stop being mischievous, my friend!! angry

I know where he is coming from and beleive me, he means no harm!
All he has in mind is that the "electoral process" not just to be "pronounced fair" but TO BE SEEN TO BE FAIR!
There is a world of difference between those two!

Like the Yorubas will say: Kiise gbogbo aso la'nsa l'orun!

Even l, as the "official observer" has to keep mute on "certain things" l observed, which if "raised", are very legitimate concerns but may be misconstrued as "an attack" on your election or trying to stir up trouble (especially when most of you are still operating in the "YORUBA IS MY ENEMY MINDSET"! ....and l am patently Yoruba!

(I just lost a whole page of Post! deleted by this 4yr old in front of me! angry angry )

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 27, 2012
ilugunboy: I wish to congratulate the new Eze Igbo Nairaland Odumchi and the Eze Nwanyi Ogugua. Your guys won fair and square like they say.

To the Election body ably led by my friend PointB...you are a tough guy, I honestly respect you, you have a tough skin, wish you are like this in real life.

Your tenacity of purpose, calmness in the midst of huge provocation and good organizational skill are unmatched.

To the rest of the Election team..you guys are great, the team work exhibited by you guys was awesome and your loyalty to PointB was exemplary.

To Umu Igbo on Nairaland...Congrats!

If in the course of the NOMINATION THREAD and this ELECTION THREAD I've annoyed or rub anyone the wrong way, I sincerely apologize, all I did was to add some fun to the whole process and never my intention for a second to derail the election.

Once again..a huge congratulation to everybody involved in making this year election a great success. cool

In Politics there is no permanent Enemy but Permanent interest, Your apology is highly welcomed grin. Get ready to get one chieftaincy title from me cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Ivynwa(f): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2012
lastpage:
Stop being mischievous, my friend!! angry

I know where he is coming from and beleive me, he means no harm!
All he has in mind is that the "electoral process" not just to be "pronounced fair" but TO BE SEEN TO BE FAIR!
There is a world of difference between those two!

Like the Yorubas will say: Kiise gbogbo aso la'nsa l'orun!

Even l, as the "official observer" has to keep mute on "certain things" l observed, which if "raised", are very legitimate concerns but may be misconstrued as "an attack" on your election or trying to stir up trouble (especially when most of you are still operating in the "YORUBA IS MY ENEMY MINDSET"! ....and l am patently Yoruba!

@Lastpage
Did they really name you "the gburugburu 1 of Nairaland?" grin grin Surprised, surprised!

Thanks to you Onyebekee Observer for a job wisely done.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 27, 2012
Librate:
*clears throat*

Igbo kwenu !
Igbo nghurianu !!
Igbo kwezuo nu o !!!

Obi dim uto maka nhoputa ahoputara na enweghi ntupo
Ndigbo si na "nwata kwocha aka ya o soro ndi ogaranya rie piom" (wen a child washes his hands he dines wit noble men).
CONGRATS to our new gburugburu Odumchi n lolo Ogugua.
#
Special appreciation to d electoral body; Ozo PointB, Nze Ujchief, Nze 9ja i hail, Nze Afam4eva, we thank u
#

on behalf of Umuahians,

I Mazi Librate
onyechinaemeru 1 of Abia,
ugo mere oji ji abara ọjị mba 1 afikpo,
nwoke tachie odumuodu 1 of umuahia,
CHAIRMAN CHIEF EXECUTIVE liberty tripods.

§ CONGRATS§

Mazi Librate, Mu wa bu ICHIE CHESSBOARD ekelekwe mu gi, O bum bu Nwachi-nemere 1 of Ikwuano Umuahia. Udo di kwara gi oooo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 27, 2012
nosa gold: Chai our new eze nwanyi U̶̲̥̅̊ look so beautiful, thank God I voted 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ nd I also thank God Ŧħåϯ U̶̲̥̅̊ won Ŧħåϯ police-woman, I don't like police people becuz of †ђξ fact Ŧħåϯ they re too corrupt lol

Pls our new eze odumchi, could U̶̲̥̅̊ pls upload ur pix? Ogugua has her pix on her profile, I wil appreciate it if U̶̲̥̅̊ wud do d same........muitu obrigado

Nosa gold
Okija's campaign manager

Pls be mindful that you r using CHINKO phone and chinese words are not IGBO, ur write up is giving me headache.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Umunne Biko unu ewe na iwe.

Ife me nu bu na, Ndi uka anyi nwe Crusade ubochi 2nd a'nwa.

NNa! kedu udi UKO ina aga, obu udiri uka ana aga by 12 mid-night grin grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by lastpage: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2012
Let me Congratulate the just elected Eze Ndigbo on Nairaland. Eze odumchie

May your reign bring prosperity to your people, may it make peace with your perceived enemies (because when a kingdom is at peace with its neighbors, it prospers ...compared to one continually at war! wink

"Wisdom does not know age" ...and "good things come in little packages"!

This greeting is brief, the "long version" was accidentally deleted but l will find time to address "the Eze maximum", in due course.

Eze Nwanyi Ogugua88, warm Con-ga-rats to you.
Your conduct and display of maturity during this election is a testament to what to expect in the next one year!
No "long story" on you.

Three Gbosaas (as we say down town) to every one..... and especially to Okija-juju who has demonstrated that "if you dont stand for something, then you stand for nothing". I hail all of you.

I will come back one more time, to sign off properly

@ivynwa: it is a "self inflicted wound"! grin
If all the often repeated slight, ("Yoruba" ) no vex me, is it not better l just add "Gburugburu" to it, to maximize it? grin
Nothing do you, my shister. The 'xperience' was interesting!

Lastpage!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by nosagold(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Pls be mindful that you r using CHINKO phone and chinese words are not IGBO, ur write up is giving me headache.

Bia nwanne kwayerem ugwu rurum......imakwa na mu bu campaign manager okija? Nnaa gbara ogwu gi nuo oo
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by lastpage: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2012
@nosa gold:

If you are typing from a "Computer", the cause might be that your office Software (MS Word) is corrupted by an infection on your machine.

Suggestions: Install your updates (especially those of office 20xx), update your Anti Virus, cleanyour system with an utility like "TuneUp 2008/2010/2012.

Hope it helps because l hate reading "Chinese", walahi! sad sad

Lastpage!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by 9jaIhail(m): 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2012
Onlytruth: Cha cha cha Igbo kwenu! grin grin grin
Muo nu! cool
Zuo nu! cool
Baa nu! cool
Bie nu! cool
Rie nu! cool

Kwezuonu! grin cool cool

Umunne m,

Firstly, I congratulate our newly elected Eze Odumchi for a worthy “fight” and for winning fairly. I thank the Almighty God for a day like this! Our newly elected Eze has always been one of the people I would like to replace me (as a member of my current council). My special joy is that my wish was granted me in that a member of the council succeeds me; I would not need to “debrief” him on much, because he already knows the vision and strategy we mapped out for our people's emancipation and empowerment. My brother Odum, I look forward to giving you the keys to the office of Eze Ndigbo, which is essentially the password to the email address of the Eze. I will do so at the end of this year (per our tenure rules, and in order to avoid chaos).

HAIL TO THE NEW CHIEF! cool

I also wish to express my heartfelt gratitude to you all fair participants of this process (Igbo and non-Igbo) for a mature, focused and conclusive exercise of your “civic duties” - to elect our new Eze, the man to will lead Igbo opinion in this website from January to December 2013. This “civic duty” is crucial, and you executed it excellently! This is a HUGE achievement by all of us, and a special achievement by this current Eze and his current council members. I wish to specially thank PointB, 9naija I hail, and ujchief for bringing this election to a decent conclusion. You all are the true leaders of Umu Igbo in this day and time. You represent our best qualities. Thank you very much and may God bless you immensely for your selfless service to your people!

I wish to thank all my supporters and all those who share my vision for Ndigbo. My brothers and sisters, I wish I would have found the time (next year) to continue in this work, but I have to move on to other things, both in my own life, and in the service of Ndigbo (ENYI for example); I indicated that earlier in the nomination thread. I understand your fears (expressed in the numerous emails I received) about ensuring that we continue to speak strongly and with one voice on this and other social media sites; however, I want you to understand that it is my personal wish to “retire to my dacha” because I have earned my “retirement”. The incoming Eze is essentially my protégé, and I hope he will raise his own protégé at the end of his own tenure. That way, we have continuation and in the process produce great future leaders of our people Ndigbo! You are in safe hands! Odum means lion in Igbo. cool

I also want us to realize that what makes us Igbo (democracy and smooth change of leadership) is perhaps more important than any need to achieve other things. Our tested culture of democracy and peaceful transition of power is paramount, because it fosters our unity. It is important to understand, that only when we stand united do we stand a better chance of defeating our enemies, no matter how big or strong they may be. Throughout my tenure, I worked tirelessly to ensure that we Ndigbo speak in unity.

Before I came to this office, there was constant snipping between Igbo from different states in Nigeria. I fought that to a standstill, made so many enemies, but glad that it yielded some fruits. I am very proud of that achievement. Our unity is also made stronger by a sense of equal access by every Igbo to the highest office in the “land”. Part of what threatens our unity is the feeling (whether justified or not) that some Igbo are marginalized in Igbo politics. We need to give those types of feelings a death blow, and we must never miss an opportunity to build our unity. This exercise represents one of such opportunity and we must grab it with both hands. It was in that spirit that I personally turned down all entreaties to contest this election and to seek a second term.

I couldn’t help but notice that I still polled a whopping 45% of votes even though I asked to be allowed to retire, and of course without putting up a campaign for re-election. I was both happy and sad because of that: happy that you love me so much and will miss me, and sad also because you seem to be apprehensive of the incoming leadership. I presume that most of my voters are not sure of what the new Eze may bring to the office; however I wish to double assure them that we shall ALL help our new Eze to be the way we want him to be. Our new Eze is also a member of ENYI. I won't say more about that for now. I will advise the incoming Eze to continue in the line that we (he and I and the council members) have already laid down (defending Igbo position and interest without apologies). I am not saying that he has to respond to EVERY lie or disinformation, but we want to see him TRY his best to correct some of the disinformation. We live in an information age, and what we are actually doing here is waging a war of information. He, the Eze, must lead that war; that is his job. If we lose that war, we will certainly lose all other wars that may face us –political, cultural, economic, social, international, etc (if ever). So, this is a very important job. I have to say these in order to calm down my supporters and to give our new Eze the opportunity to first show his hands after taking over the office. Our legacy of maintaining a strong voice in this site must be preserved. Nuff said on that.

I also wish to address those who accuse us of towing a militant line in our defense of Ndigbo and Igbo interest in this site. I want to state without any equivocation, or fears of contradiction whatsoever, that I was made Eze mostly because of my methods and my opinions in the first place! When I was campaigning for the office in 2011, I promised NEVER to change my views or methods (provided of course that Nigeria remain unchanged -where Igbo interest is constantly sabotaged). I did not change, and it served Ndigbo very well during this ending tenure! We can all see the results by the fact that our people are speaking up more and challenging our situation in Nigeria.

I have to say this with every emphasis, that there is really no other job for the Eze here except to stand up strongly (in his comments of course) in defense of Ndigbo whenever men of ill fame start peddling lies against us here. For many years (before the internet age), we suffered a form of marginalization in the hands of Nigerian news media dominated by a section of the country. We could not get our stories and arguments out. Our voices were blocked; yet our voices include our joys, and (YES) our angers and bitter feelings about our situation in Nigeria. IMHO any Igbo who fails to understand the need for our voice to be strong here has failed the most basic test of wisdom, and understanding of issues relevant to us. Ultimately, what would ensure that we continue to speak with one voice is that the Eze must speak the people’s mind, always, or most of the time. If he does not do that, then the people will likely go out and speak for themselves, and the result would be cacophonous Igbo opinion in this site. That will return us back to square one, and is undesirable.

I wish to thank all the decent non-Igbo who followed this exercise to its logical conclusion. I noticed that Katsumoto was ALWAYS viewing this thread throughout this exercise, without making a single comment. I figure that he is particularly interested in this exercise as part of his continuous research into Igbo mindset and culture, maybe with the aim of learning a thing or two. Katsumoto, you now have a new Eze to interact and contend with. I will warn you though that I and other Igbo “egg heads” will not allow you to gain the upper hand in those “interactions”. The same message goes to all non-Igbo here. We welcome (as always) hands of true friendship and comradeship (not fair weather friendships that throw Igbo interests under the bus at the slightest signs of danger or uncertainty). We can always do with more friendships. We would not think twice before standing up militantly to defend our interests if we feel that they are being undermined or destroyed by anyone in this website. I thank ndu_chucks for remaining a true gentleman throughout this process. I also thank him for his endorsement of my work here.

I urge Okija_juju and all other energetic Igbo sons and daughters in this site to offer their services to the new Eze. The shortest cut to gaining recognition and followership here is to join the council of the new Eze, and take up a role. Perform that role selflessly and people will take note. No matter what anyone may say, we know ourselves in this site. We know what each Igbo son or daughter can do for Ndigbo. So, grab one role (assigned or supported by the Eze of course) and run with it! This role will prepare you for a greater role in ENYI in the future.

Lastly, I enjoin umu Igbo to pray for our new Eze and to accord him MAXIMUM support, because the forces that used to follow me around will now migrate to him. We are a special people, and we have enemies (FACT), and those enemies are not interested in fairness or justice. They love us only when we are under them. It will only end when we stand up to upstage them and take our rightful place; and it will not be by apologizing or playing dead where our interests are concerned. Freedom is taken, not given.

Thank you all and God bless,

Congratulations once more to the incoming Eze Odumchi!

HAIL TO THE INCOMING CHIEF! grin grin cool

Signed,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth, Ikenga Dike Anaedo (Nnewi), Ndu di n’eziokwu 1 of Igboland. (out going Eze Ndigbo Nairaland). cool cool cool

Eze Onlytruth what a nice speech you just made. It take only a great heart like yours to bring Igbos together and i pray and hope that incoming Eze will emulate some certain things from you. Like you stated Eze should not defend his people with apologies to oppressors as that will be the beginning of the people's down fall. Days has gone when Igbo's speak in Zik voice, Igbod leadership need some militant approach if our voice are to be heard. I have taking my time since few days reviewing past comments and threads of our incoming Eze and i can assure anyone here that we elected someone who is well equipped with knowledge and also for him been a member of this present administration i am very sure there is going to be a continuity. God Bless our incumbent Eze, God Bless our incoming Eze also to our first ever Eze nwanyi Nairaland i ask God to add more knowledge and wisdom upon you all to lead us like King Solomon.

God Bless Ndigbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by nosagold(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2012
lastpage: @nosa gold:

If you are typing from a "Computer", the cause might be that your office Software (MS Word) is corrupted by an infection on your machine.

Suggestions: Install your updates (especially those of office 20xx), update your Anti Virus, cleanyour system with an utility like "TuneUp 2008/2010/2012.

Hope it helps because l hate reading "Chinese", walahi! sad sad

Lastpage!

Oga last page I don hear........I bin think say na only d election you dey observe
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by lastpage: 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
^^^^^^^ wink wink wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

In Politics there is no permanent Enemy but Permanent interest, Your apology is highly welcomed grin. Get ready to get one chieftaincy title from me cool

grin grin grin Hope that will come along with extramural benefit? cheesy wink

BTW where and when is the e-Owanmbe for the coronation going to hold on NL?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Gboliwe: 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2012
I should be tired of laughing each time I read this signature, Lastpage but i'm not. So funny to me.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by chino24: 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
nosa gold: Chai our new eze nwanyi U̶̲̥̅̊ look so beautiful, thank God I voted 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ nd I also thank God Ŧħåϯ U̶̲̥̅̊ won Ŧħåϯ police-woman, I don't like police people becuz of †ђξ fact Ŧħåϯ they re too corrupt lol

Pls our new eze odumchi, could U̶̲̥̅̊ pls upload ur pix? Ogugua has her pix on her profile, I wil appreciate it if U̶̲̥̅̊ wud do d same........muitu obrigado

Nosa gold
Okija's campaign manager

How are you sure it is the real picture..

We have seen similar things in the time past..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Malawian(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
Lol.i always tot ogugua was queen material, congrats to odumchi. Meanwhile, nwa ngwere si na elu daa na ala, nee anya na aka nri, nee Anya na aka ekpe, onweghi onye Toro ya, o jiri aka ya wee too onwe ya. In a nutshell, since nobody nominated me for any post, I hereby declare myself "ogbuu Yoruba "1" of nairaland". All you yaribas, I am going to start a new thread about you guys soon. Udo dirk unu nwannem.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
EZE NDI IGBO ELECTION - A FOOTNOTE
Great, insightful and inspiring speeches by the incomings and the outgoing Ezes, I must say.
The election is over; it's time for real work to begin. Drawing from my experience in the outgoing cabinet of Eze Onlytruth, I would say, it's not an easy task leading an egalitarian and republican group like Ndi Igbo.

It is therefore incumbent upon us to make it easy for the leaders to do their job, bearing in the mind their unique strength and capabilities.
I offer my services, and time as much as I can afford to the incoming Eze, just I did to the outgoing one. I believe the institution of Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland, and the premier Eze Nwayi has gained a lot of traction, and support from Ndi Igbo and well wishers, judging from the interest shown by them in this election. To this end, I am of the opinion that the institution will eventually become self sustaining, as it further evolves.
On this basis, if it is the wish of the cabinet that I 'resign' from my self appointed role as the organiser of the Eze Ndi Igbo election, all you need do is ask. I believe this election has thrown capable and ready hands, who will be ready to take up the mantle of organising future elections. I believe this election generated enough interest and passion from them. We only need to trust them with responsibility.
Permit me then to formally extol the virtues and dedication of the electoral team - Afam4eva, Ujchief, 9ja_I_hail who gave their time willingly and without reservation despite the impromptu call to service. This willingness to answer call of duty, is rare, and must be applauded. I must say, without their timely support, comments, and decisiveness in tackling matters brought to their attention, this election would have been ill-fated. I personally can never thank them enough.

Perhaps, I should clear the air once again on the issue of disqualification of Okija_juju. As stated severally, one of the aims of Eze Ndi Igbo was to identify and reward those Umu Igbo who have stood for unity and harmony among Igbos, in their daily interraction with Nairalanders. Those who emphasise on things the unite us, not those who constantly remind us of things that divide us - as there are indeed some of them.

It was on the basis of encouraging the uniting factors that the Nomination Rules were drawn. As at time of drafting the rules, the intention was to use the Nairaland e-Polling system for it's ease of use. We are very much aware of the scourge of multiple IDs in nomination and voting and the potential of people from the other side of the fence to 'impose' a candidate on us via similar methodology. We had to think up countermeasures. Without being specific, the rules would have prevented many 'Igbos' from testing our resolved not to reward them for dwelling on our 'weakness', and things that disunite us. Anyone can claim Igbo, create multiple dormant 'Igbo' IDs, and lay ambush for us, during election. Part of the job of the council is to prevent such infiltration; to out-think them is our collective responsibility. Our job is never done!

A true Nwa Afo Igbo is identified by his history interaction, and utterances in things that concern Igbos. A fruit does not fall far from the tree. Therefore to qualify to stand for an Ndi Igbo election, you must meet certain criteria - being 'Igbo' is NOT, and should NEVER be enough.
Okija_juju, sad to note, knew like some other, he had not lived up to expectation in his interraction as Igbo, but he would nonetheless test our resolve, by whipping up emotion. Needless to say, here we are - marching forward. Fortunately he has agreed to march along with us, as one big happy family. But I must not fail to note that his divisive campaign almost left a sad taste on the election. True Igbo who aspired leadership position among their brethre can always pass their message without sending divisive signals, no matter the provocation. He must understand that a leader must be thoughtful and restrained.

It is sad that many of us unwittingly bought into the tag of 'cabal', and 'Igbo elite' used generously by 'rented' crowded to cause confusion in our midsts, and create hatred for those whose aim is simply to serve. Some also believe, despite, all evidence to the contrary that the electoral team had pre-selected candidates for the election, to the point that of naively suggesting that outsiders should conduct our elections, as they will be 'impartial'. The fact that some of these comment were made by Igbos is very unfortunate. Personally, it is not a problem to me. I only speak for those who may find themselves in similar situation without the requisite cyber experience and thick skin to manage such.

Going forward, we must necessarily find time for Igbo affairs online. We must show more interest. The Cyberworld is akin to the Spiritual world. We are early in the field - cyber world leadership, and followership - we must capitalize on this potential goldmine, to change things in the physical world. Igbos are dynamic, and very quick in embracing changes - we must get to work.

Once again, congratulations to our new leaders. Perhaps, I should evoke your passion with the titles of the memoirs of two of our literary icons who converged on many critical occasions Professors Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka. Our leaders elect, Umu Igbo, we must necessarily remember that "there was a country", therefore "you must set forth at dawn."

PointB
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by SamIkenna: 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
I believe Odumchi is a mature, level-headed, and politically adept fellow who knows when to talk and when to put his tongue back in. Irrespective of my likes and/or reservations regarding his emergence, one lesson to be learnt during the whole process is - those who wish to serve in Igboland henceforth should learn to be mild tempered, less confrontational on irrational issues, put our collective interest over and above theirs, talk less and act more, and most importantly, dont be fixated - know when to cut a deal politically and go home. I say to future Igbo leaders - learn, learn, and learn.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Afam4eva(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: I believe Odumchi is a mature, level-headed, and politically adept fellow who knows when to talk and when to put his tongue back in. Irrespective of my likes and/or reservations regarding his emergence, one lesson to be learnt during the whole process is - those who wish to serve in Igboland henceforth should learn to be mild tempered, less confrontational on irrational issues, put our collective interest over and above theirs, talk less and act more, and most importantly, dont be fixated - know when to cut a deal politically and go home. I say to future Igbo leaders - learn, learn, and learn.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by lateef4me(m): 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
PointB has conducted this election successfully for two years . I'm suggesting he shd put also contest next year and let other credible folks like Afam take charge of the election next year .

Alternatively,the nomination for the post of electoral commissioner can come first before proper voting .

Congrat again to Odumchi and I hope he work towards reconciling the E-wars btw Igbo and Yoruba on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by abouzaid: 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2012
lateef4me: PointB has conducted this election successfully for two years . I'm suggesting he shd put also contest next year and let other credible folks like Afam take charge of the election next year .
why must u yorubas troll igbo threads. We did not solicit for ur suggestions. If u are observant many igbo veterans including top nominees have left nairaland over this ur annoying behavior. This website might never reach d same popularity with linda ikeji unless u ppl just mind ur lives. Don't take it as an insult, just venting out my mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

GEJ Says The #bringbackgoodluck2015 Banners Should Be Brought Down / Ugwuanyi’s N10m Project For Every Community Pays Off As He Commissions Projects / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.