Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,028 members, 7,953,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada (8035 Views)

20 Sure Ways To Survive The Current Fuel Scarcity. / Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by White007(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2012
Ten Tips to Survive Without Okada. 10. Buy shoe protectors. Replace as the need arises.

9. In relation to number 10, carry an extra pair of foot wear. (preferably slippers) in your bag (men inclusive). That bag should also carry the following: a small umbrella, water bottle and small chops to go.

8. Wear casual clothes to work. Change into your official clothes at work. Change back to the casual clothes for the journey back home. You don’t want. to look too official while trekking.

7. For the ladies, this is the time to smile from ear to ear with that ugly male colleague who drives a car and lives near your residence.

6. For the guys, buy a car before them tif your babe.

5. Save the money for your gym membership. You are getting enough exercise already.

4. Start trekking groups in your class,church,mosque,office etc. After all it is said that a trek trekked with companion is no trek at all (I just made that up obviously)

3. Learn how to entertain yourself in your own space. Stock up on game consoles, books, magazines, movies etc. Pay that DSTV
subscription too.

2. As the crime rate increases due to the okada ban, buy a gun.

1. If none of the above works, pack go your village and fulfil Fashola’s innate dream for Lagos state.

Abeg later. Let me prepare for this morning trek.

Eko o ni baje

32 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by homerac7: 7:21am On Oct 24, 2012
lol. interesting

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by homerac7: 7:23am On Oct 24, 2012
lol. interesting ...
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by redsun(m): 7:27am On Oct 24, 2012
grin grin grin

You didnt add buying push bike,or is it banned too?
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Feedmemore(f): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

[size=15pt]Front Page please!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by jigawatts(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by deeteeneey(f): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2012
lol
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by danjkad: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2012
ROTFLMAO. U're so funny. Bt some of d tips u gave wil actually help some pple. ;DROTFLMAO. U're so funny. Bt some of d tips u gave wil actually help some pple.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Lagusta(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2012
This is very funny, but very true too!!!

I don't understand why fashola is behaving like this... I m beginning to dislike him
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2012
O Baje Ti!!!

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by acidtalk: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2012
I had to call the Governor after I saw the sufferings of the masses yesterday due to the Ban of Okada.

Acidtalk - Goodday your Excellency

Fashola - Goodday Acidtalk. How are you?

Acidtalk - I am fine your Excellency.

Fashola - What can I do for you?

Acidtalk - Sir, I called you on a very important and urgent issue.

Fashola - Hope it is not about my Ban on Okada?

Acidtalk - Sir, that's exactly why I called you.

Fashola - You see Acidtalk, the Okada riders aren't my major target.

Acidtalk - Then who are the target sir? Because this is affecting everyone?

Fashola - Acidtalk, those Lagos Babes are the major people we want to suffer from this ban.

Acidtalk - Sir, how do you mean.

Fashola - Acidtalk, you too look around Lagos, all you see is Orobo girls everywhere. The girls are becoming too fat for we politicians. We can't even find any sweet 16 girl again without a potruding stomach like she is 9months pregnant.

Acidtalk - How does this affect the ban of okada sir?

Fashola - It does 100% by the time they can't hump on a bike for a jouney of just 5 houses apart, they will all be forced to start trecking both short and long distances. Before december you will see Lagos will no longer have one single Orobo babe again. Did I also forget to say because of Okada, they have been refusing us giving them lift in our "Oye pumping tinted cars"

Acidtalk - And?

Fashola - And what? Of course that will make us have better company and less fatty babes by our side when we want to relax.
By the way, if you do the mistake of telling the public this, I will impound your car and demolish your house even if you didn't go againt the law.

13 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by slimpoppa(m): 9:17am On Oct 24, 2012
Buy a wheel barrow and pay someone to push you to and from work

2 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by GJames(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2012
Nice one. The trekking will help reduce accident rate.

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by cecetanna: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2012
Yes oooo man must adjust

11). Learn to leave home 30-45mins before your usual time

12). Get a hat/sunglasses/sunscreen to protect you from the sun

13). Don't be tempted to accept lifts anyhow ooooh!!!

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Etumgbe(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2012
i go just wear my short and jersey and boot, then carry my office clothes and shoe put inside one small bag, begin do like say i dey do morning jugging but oboy na my office i dey go oooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by yuzedo: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2012
Hehe, nice! grin

Jetpacks for sale, call me for your affordable propane-powered jetpacks.

Flies over 20km before refill needed.

Comes in different colors.

GRAB YA COPY, NOWWWWWWWWW! grin wink angry

2 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by http(m): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2012
Lol! @ OP

Ok now, atleast the exercise part will be a welcoming development especially for my girl grin
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by shags(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2012
14. buy a bicycle

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by tunapawizzy: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2012
LMFAO VERY HILARIOUS SOMETHING
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by azpekuliar: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2012
Fuvk a car! As long as there's still no true mass-transit infrastructure in place, this has only strengthened my resolve to be a biker!

**... goes looking for a sportbike dealership..*

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Abujafood: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2012
For the wealthy guys with power bikes, no shaking carry go!

For Aje pakos like the OP and others who have commented so far, you have 3 options;

1. Trek to work everyday with a companion (In case you become tired, he/she will back you)

2. Do what the Kenyans are good at (Long distance running)

3. Become a transport entrepreneur, start investing in KEKE for office work, Danfo for Executives and managers etc.

It's only a matter of time my peeps!

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2012
azpekuliar: Fuvk a car! As long as there's still no true mass-transit infrastructure in place, this has only strengthened my resolve to be a biker!

**... goes looking for a sportbike dealership..*

Sportbike, do you want to get knocked down by danfo buses.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by loneytunes(m): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2012
@ OP, really very funny
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Orikinla(m): 10:17am On Oct 24, 2012
White007: Ten Tips to Survive Without Okada. 10. Buy shoe protectors. Replace as the need arises.

9. In relation to number 10, carry an extra pair of foot wear. (preferably slippers) in your bag (men inclusive). That bag should also carry the following: a small umbrella, water bottle and small chops to go.

8. Wear casual clothes to work. Change into your official clothes at work. Change back to the casual clothes for the journey back home. You don’t want. to look too official while trekking.

7. For the ladies, this is the time to smile from ear to ear with that ugly male colleague who drives a car and lives near your residence.

6. For the guys, buy a car before them tif your babe.

5. Save the money for your gym membership. You are getting enough exercise already.

4. Start trekking groups in your class,church,mosque,office etc. After all it is said that a trek trekked with companion is no trek at all (I just made that up obviously)

3. Learn how to entertain yourself in your own space. Stock up on game consoles, books, magazines, movies etc. Pay that DSTV
subscription too.

2. As the crime rate increases due to the okada ban, buy a gun.

1. If none of the above works, pack go your village and fulfil Fashola’s innate dream for Lagos state.

Abeg later. Let me prepare for this morning trek.

Eko o ni baje

Ose gan.
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by sweetgala(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2012
What about keke na pep(keke maruwa) , are they banned aswell?
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by landinfo: 10:23am On Oct 24, 2012
@op
veri 4ni...hehehe
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by ifeegee(f): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2012
;DSurprisingly,lagosians will get use to it,just like abuja did,and pls,don't 4get to have an extra bodyspray to cushion the sweaty smell after the long walk.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by scarlet12(f): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2012
Try not to forget kidnappers..cos they'll definitely take advantage and start offering free rides...trek and save your life

3 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by Hadeyeancah(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2012
My advice for you is to go and buy CARMEL or DONKEY
Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by dabrake(m): 10:44am On Oct 24, 2012
11. Join a witchcraft group. With this, you will be able to fly/(dis)appear around to and fro your destination.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by boyprodigy(m): 10:45am On Oct 24, 2012
grin fashola don make things hard for boys o.babes no dey ask for bike money again o,na taxi fare. We wey no get car go lose our babes to guys wey get.girls now dey follow guys wey get keke marua. Fashola! Wat have we done wrong?

1 Like

Re: Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada by mikolo80: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2012
JUST BUY AN OKADA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do White Coloured Vehicles Cost Less?` / When Is The Right Time To Wash Your Radiator? / Top 11 Everyday Car Technologies That Came From Race Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.