Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca (8215 Views)

Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca / More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People / Hajj Commission Suspends All Flights To Mecca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by tbaba1234: 7:29am On Oct 24, 2012
Took him almost a year but he did it! May Allah accept his hajj.

Bosnian pilgrim ‘walks to Mecca through Syria for hajj’

SARAJEVO: A Bosnian Muslim pilgrim who left last December on pilgrimage to Mecca by foot told AFP on Monday that he has arrived after passing through seven countries including war-torn Syria.

“I arrived Saturday in Mecca. I am not tired, these are the best days of my life,” Senad Hadzic, 47, said when reached by phone on a Saudi mobile number.

He said he had covered some 5,700 kilometres in 314 days of walking through Bosnia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Syria and Jordan to the Muslim holy city in south-western Saudi Arabia, with a backpack weighing 20 kilos.

He charted his progress on his Facebook page, where he posted a picture apparently of an entry/exit card for foreigners issued by the Syrian interior ministry.

“I passed through Syria in April. I walked some 500 kilometres in 11 days. I went through Aleppo and Damascus and passed dozens of check-points held by pro-government and rebel forces alike, but I was never detained,” Hadzic said.

“At a check-point held by (President Bashar) al-Assad’s forces the soldier ordered me to empty my backpack … When I showed them my Koran and explained I was making the pilgrimage on foot, they let me go,” he told AFP.

“I walked in the name of Allah, for Islam, for Bosnia-Hercegovina, for my parents and my sister,” he added.

On his Facebook page he said God had shown him the way in dreams, including to go through Syria instead of Iraq.

During the pilgrimage, Hadzic faced temperatures ranging from minus 35 Celsius (minus 31 Fahrenheit) in Bulgaria to plus 44 Celsius (111 Fahrenheit) in Jordan.

He said he had to wait in Istanbul for several weeks to get permission to cross the Bosphorus Bridge on foot and two months at the border between Jordan and Saudi Arabia to obtain an entry visa.

The hajj is one of the five pillars of Islam and must be undertaken at least once in a lifetime by all Muslims who are able to.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/bosnian-pilgrim-walks-mecca-syria-hajj-200128239.html

9 Likes

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by tbaba1234: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2012
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by tbaba1234: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2012
In Saudi:

2 Likes

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by tbaba1234: 7:41am On Oct 24, 2012
There was a time when this was normal... How times have changed

1 Like

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by maclatunji: 8:52am On Oct 24, 2012
Allahu Akbar (God is Great)! Quite a feat and in short a time too. Our NTA was broadcasting about a Nigerian guy that made it to Saudi Arabia by road and they thought that was a big story.

tbaba, you are right but in this day and age, this is quite exceptional. Can you imagine the spiritual status this guy has ceteris paribus? #Awesomestuff
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by ghazzal: 10:28am On Oct 24, 2012
may God in his mercy make charity that will get us closer to him easy for us.

awesome and inspiring...... can you imagine how many steps he took, the reward. verily the deeds of the faithful is never lost
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by siddiq202(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2012
Subuhanallah
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by Afam4eva(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
What is he trying to prove?

1 Like

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by CastleandGreen: 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
Religion is indeed a bondage.

2 Likes

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by Nyntynplus: 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
Allah Sarki! May Allah acept his ibadat

1 Like

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by vedaxcool(m): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
Wow he almost used an entire year (314 days) to reach his destination. This indeed is an inspirational story.

1 Like

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by http(m): 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
CastleandGreen: Religion is indeed a bondage.

To you, Religon is a bondage? but am sure you were inspired from the lady that tries to swim accross the Gulf coast.
It is better not to say things if you know it will not benefit others, please try and be civil in your comment and stop your foregone conclusion toward others religion, he did it for his God, not you remember.

3 Likes

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by CastleandGreen: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2012
http:

To you, Religion is a bondage? but am sure you were inspired from the lady that tries to swim accross the Gulf coast.
It is better not to say things if you know it will not benefit others, please try and be civil in your comment and stop your foregone conclusion toward others religion, he did it for his God, not you remember.
take it or leave it religion is bondage, if i may ask what is the purpose of people
involving themselves in religious practice after a long while you come back to say
all this years what you have believed in your religious practice are wrong?
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by dareyking(m): 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
Diss
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by Kk4(m): 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
I'm not a Muslim but I admire the guy.. Nice one

7 Likes

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by Kslib(m): 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2012
Mehn,i admire this guys courage.. This journey increased this man's mental state positively,cos he will realise that most impossible things are really possible,cos they aren't really impossible in the first place...
Once again,i troway salute for this guy...

1 Like

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by dridowu: 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
God is Great
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by emeka762001(m): 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2012
wheter he use foot o, car or plane is nobody business. na im business be dat. religion is a bondage esp islam
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by shagaman: 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
wheter he use foot o, car or plane is nobody business. na im business be dat. religion is a bondage esp islam

Faith is what makes a man,whether you like it or not. Your religion might be a Bondage to you.
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by miqos02(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2012
where is that guy that wants to walk from lagos to maiduguri. he has a mentor

1 Like

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by juman(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Nyntynplus: Allah Sarki! May Allah acept his ibadat

Ameen.
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by olaidey007: 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
May Allah accept it has an act of Ibadah... Allahu Akbar
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by 5columnist: 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2012
This is what they call faith and determination. Good people and faithful people are spread across all religion. May almighty God grant him strenght Amen.
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2012
^

LWTMB
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by saintneo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
Salutations to this man. I'm not a muslim but I am encouraged by his determination.

1 Like

Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by mmmustapha(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Allahu Akbar may almighty Allah accept ours n our ibadant
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by megxo(m): 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2012
dat guy shud be dubbed "TREKYDINHO" cheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by ayee001: 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
This man is a tourist.
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by tessyade: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
I'm not a muslim but i'm touch by his determination and ruggedness. He just show us that nothing is impossible with you truly put your heart at it.
Re: Bosnian Muslim Walks To Mecca by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
Allahu Akbar!!!!!!may Almighty Allah accept his hajj as an act of ibadah and that of other pilgrims in Saudi Arabia...eid Mubarak to all Muslims in advance

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

From The Shackle Of The Sin Of Homosexuality / Who Is Finishing The 6-Day Fast Tomorrow? / Muslims: Can You Clear These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.