Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,154 members, 7,852,938 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

A Tribute To Whitney Houston - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Tribute To Whitney Houston (1830 Views)

Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Tonto Dikeh's Touching Tribute To The Late Muna Obiekwe / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Hero(m): 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2008
Damn, as I've mentioned I'm in preparation mode for my move to my new home, and once again I went digging through the record crates again, checking out my old albums and amongst them I came across my collection of Whitney Houston albums.

I took them and began putting them on the old turntable, and instantly that dynamic powerful voice lifted my energy level and had me ready to go double time on my work. She was, imo, the second greatest musician of all time. She has an unbelievable number of hit songs and her singing ability is just untouchable.

Only Michael Jackson compares surpasses her in her dynamic presence in the musical scene in my opinion. They both are have proven to be the inspiration for all other great singers whom came after them. While Mike has set the bar for male singers Whitney has done so for females, and to date I've only heard one chick whose come even remotely close to her standings, and that's Mariah Carry. Whitney's voice was just mindbogglingly ranged and powerful. It's a shame how her career came to an end.

She's rarely given the respect she deserves in this music industry, though today I'm going to make it a point to do my small part such an historical presence in African-American musical history. Please contribute by posting up your favorite Whitney hits, and telling a bit about how her songs made you feel as you listened to them.

Even famed terrorist Osama Bin Laden has given recognition to her greatness, and claimed that he'd like her as one of his wives and he'd kill Bobby to get her. No Joke, he really said this. I'm not ashamed to say that 80% of her songs gave me goose bumps and stomach knots, I loved listening to her sing.

[B]Top 3 favorite songs[/B]

[B]BODY GAURD[/B]
[B]I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU[/B]
[B]SAVING ALL MY LOVE FOR YOU[/B]

Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by mohawkchic(f): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2008
~The lady is a Legend N i Know she's goona Bounce back,with a voice like hers,it will be a crime not to release another Album/single this year,am anxiously anticipating that Album,that's how much i beleive in her!!

~I totally agree with you about the goose bumps,there's no shame admitting that tongue,Whitney's voice,ranks no other!!

~Whether am going through a soppy Break~up  cry Or All~Loved Up  cheesy these are a few of my favourite songs,i ave a list as long as my arm  grin

~Why does it hurt so bad~1996
~Run to You~1993
~I have Nothing~1993
~You give Good love~1985
~Try it on My Own~2003
~I'll always love You~1992
~When You Believe~1998 ~Two Unique voices at work!!{Mariah Carey N Whitney} Awesome song!

Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by trully: 1:30am On Jan 27, 2008
that woman's voice is simply amazing
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by coolotunba(m): 11:48am On Jan 27, 2008
wonderful, awesome, graceful, that is my whitney. Go Whitney Go. You can make a come back. I believe in you.
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by tilewill(m): 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2008
@hero

Great you bro! you just refreshed me with this gesture. l'm ready to die with
Whitney one time!!! she's in me, l'm in her. she's really eaten deep. Just painful
she's fast eliminating herself. l respect her soooooooo much. you guys may not
believe she's part of my bedtime rotten, to me, all her songs are just GBAM! but the
number one that cool me off in bed is "when you believe".

In a point of fact, Whitney has given us her best. l pray God sees her tru as she fights hard to
brush off her negativities.

OUR OWN WHITNEY, YOU'RE NOT LEFT ALONE, WE'RE WITH YOU IN PRAYERS.
LOVE YOU DEARLY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by indie(f): 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2008
tilewill:

@hero

Great you bro! you just refreshed me with this gesture. l'm ready to die with
Whitney one time!!! she's in me, l'm in her. she's really eaten deep. Just painful
she's fast eliminating herself. l respect her soooooooo much. you guys may not
believe she's part of my bedtime rotten, to me, all her songs are just GBAM! but the
number one that cool me off in bed is "when you believe".

In a point of fact, Whitney has given us her best. l pray God sees her tru as she fights hard to
brush off her negativities.

OUR OWN WHITNEY, YOU'RE NOT LEFT ALONE, WE'RE WITH YOU IN PRAYERS.
LOVE YOU DEARLY.

speaking of brushing off her negativities, withney has finally made the wise but almost too late decision to divorce that devil she calls a husband: bobby brown. with that i believe she'll bounce bad.

she's definitely da bomb! she has no comparism in the music industry. i love her music any day any time & i love her all day all the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by mohawkchic(f): 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2008
~Where R all the Chic fans of Whitney   Sooo far,the blokes seem to be responding more @ post,am amazed at that!! It's good to know there r peeps out there supporting Whitney N hoping for a huge comeback from her!!
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by tilewill(m): 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2008
@indie

Yes, u're rite. just dat Bobby is a kind of guy l don't like talking
about when it comes to Elizabeth's career. But since l'm compelled,
l'd try. l was in Canada recently, and l witnessed d
brilliance she put up; whaoh, great performance that made me trust
she's bouncing back really! nothing like freedom dear.

she's back to stay, l hope
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2008
@post
she's the best of them all. . .

my fav songS from her:
ONE MOMENT IN TIME
RUNAWAY
I HAVE NOTHING
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 29, 2008
angry angry WHY THE TRIBUTE, IS SHE DEAD
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by moHot(f): 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2008
she is just da bomb! and her voice; ouch! sooooo unique
i believe she will definitely bounce back
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by EXPONENT(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2008
Fugg Whitney's Stoopid aZZ.

Until she makes a come-back - she gets no love from me.
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2008
she's the typical AA, plenty of raw talent very little brains to harness it. Just like an orange, once sucked dry it becomes as useless as chaff.
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Gamine(f): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2008
Omo i was scared ooh

i tot she was deaded! shocked
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2008
No one sings "I will always love you" better than Whitney. Remixes are always kind of faux to the original but Whitney puts such thinking to shame. Even Dolly Parton admits she did a better job with the song.
It's hard to find great singers like her anymore. Music these days is frankly all about making a lot of noise  rather than singing.
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by mohawkchic(f): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2008
Gamine:

Omo i was scared ooh

i tot she was deaded! shocked

~ grin LOL. . Good to see this thread back on form!!
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Hero(m): 3:53am On Jul 08, 2008
davidylan:

she's the typical AA, plenty of raw talent very little brains to harness it. Just like an orange, once sucked dry it becomes as useless as chaff.

You are such a hater. What is up with you making all of these mean-spirited comments about AA? Did girls call you names, turn you down for dates and green card marriages? Did the boys bully you around, joke you and call you names? Did you have an AA girlfriend who dumped you ass for no good reason? undecided
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2008
Fugg Whitney's Stoopid aZZ.

Until she makes a come-back - she gets no love from me.

Don't ever say the bro, we all falls and we need someone to give us a hand or break our fall once in a while, i was one of her fans that went on my kneels to pray for her when her pictures was splashed everywhere about her going mad because of her weakness inform of drug, She need our hand in form of prayers,
am still praying for her.

Thanks to whoever originated this tread
To whitney

I will always love you,
even in your worst moment
Even in your lowest moment
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by lucabrasi(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2008
Hero:

Did girls call you names, turn you down for dates and green card marriages? Did you have an AA girlfriend who dumped you ass for no good reason? undecided
whitney houston did all that to me thats why im pissed off @ her grin
@poster
whats with the tribute,i though tributes are for the dead or really old
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by spikedcylinder: 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2008
She definately has(?) one of the best voices ever! I hope she bounces back.
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Pepeye(f): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
spikedcylinder:

She definately has(?) one of the best voices ever! I hope she bounces back.

She will bounce back,

No voice will ever be like hers', she is a legend

love all her songs
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by Moyola(f): 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2008
Shez indeed one of d greatest 2 emerge in d industry.,,,,,,,,i luv her tunes kiss kiss

heard shez gonna make a come-back wiv Micheal Jackson,,,,,
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by cescky(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2008
@moyo
she'll a
Moyola:

Shez indeed one of d greatest 2 emerge in d industry.,,,,,,,,i love her tunes kiss kiss

heard shez going to make a come-back with Micheal Jackson,,,,,

shei'll also feature me grin grin grin grin, u nor say i sabi sing na? @least i make u sing ooooooo grin btw me and u know the rest

undecided undecided tongue cool
Re: A Tribute To Whitney Houston by nikekenny(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2008
my favourite song is HEARBREAK HOTEL

very lovely woman! sad seen her going down

(1) (Reply)

Shemar Moore Vs Boris Kodjoe / Basketmouth Takes Wife To Dubai For Honeymoon / Annie Macauley Re-rocks Same Dress To Within Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.