Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Submission Vs Resignation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Submission Vs Resignation (747 Views)

Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? / Oscar Pistorius-pope’s Resignation - TB Joshua's Message / How Christianity Was Used To Brainwash Africans Into Submission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Submission Vs Resignation by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 24, 2012
Are the two the same? If yes, why do you think so? If no, how are they not and which is the way of Christ?

Also, how do they play out in relationships, marital and others and in dealing with the circumstances of life that one finds themselves in?
Re: Submission Vs Resignation by cyrexx: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2012
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but methinks one is by choice (submission) and the other is a coping strategy when you find yourself in a situation beyond your control (resignation)

speaking of relationships, both achieve the same aim of establishing order and establishing the head as a leader in the relationship.

But personally if i am the head, i will prefer that someone submits himself/herself willingly to my headship rather than resigning herself to fate in order to recognise my headship. Such that if given a true freewill/choice all over again, he/she will gladly choose to submit herself again to my headship.

I hope i addressed what you intended

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Submission Vs Resignation by Joagbaje(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2012
Ihedinobi: Are the two the same? If yes, why do you think so? If no, how are they not and which is the way of Christ?

Also, how do they play out in relationships, marital and others and in dealing with the circumstances of life that one finds themselves in?

Try to be clearer. What is resignation . Ar you talking about quitting or resign to fate
Re: Submission Vs Resignation by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
cyrexx: I'm not sure exactly what you mean but methinks one is by choice (submission) and the other is a coping strategy when you find yourself in a situation beyond your control (resignation)

speaking of relationships, both achieve the same aim of establishing order and establishing the head as a leader in the relationship.

But personally if i am the head, i will prefer that someone submits himself/herself willingly to my headship rather than resigning herself to fate in order to recognise my headship. Such that if given a true freewill/choice all over again, he/she will gladly choose to submit herself again to my headship.

I hope i addressed what you intended

Cheers.

Lovely, cyrexx, very lovely. I totally agree with you and yes, you addressed it. smiley
Re: Submission Vs Resignation by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
Joagbaje:

Try to be clearer. What is resignation . Ar you talking about quitting or resign to fate

I think that in this case, they both mean the same thing. Does a resignation to fate not amount to quitting? What do you think?
Re: Submission Vs Resignation by cyrexx: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lovely, cyrexx, very lovely. I totally agree with you and yes, you addressed it. smiley

It feels good that we are in agreement for once and not at the "war of the gods" as usual.

Cheers
Re: Submission Vs Resignation by cyrexx: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Oops.. Double post
Re: Submission Vs Resignation by plaetton: 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
cyrexx:

Thank you. It feels good that we are in agreement for once and not at the "war of the gods" as usual.

Cheers

It shows that once you remove god from the equation,any equation, human life and relationships can indeed be harmonious.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Submission Vs Resignation by okeyxyz(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
Ihedinobi: Are the two the same? If yes, why do you think so? If no, how are they not and which is the way of Christ?

Since this question is asked in a religious\spiritual context, Then both words mean the same thing. Spirituality is a discipline in which you deliberately subject yourself to a 'life-principle' with the hope to reap it's rewards. So, whether submit or resign, it's still your deliberate will, you don't need to(inf-act you shouldn't) enjoy the practice at first, as it is not your natural disposition, until it yields fruit.

The same principle goes for relationships: you must submit or resign to it's precepts if you wish to enjoy it's pleasures & fruits. But you must understand these precepts first(just like your spiritual precepts) before yielding to them rather than somebody forcing you to subject to something you don't logically believe.

(1) (Reply)

Those Who May Emerge As Pope And Their Profiles / Exploring The Second Heaven / Which Group Of Individuals First Committed Suicide Bombing In 9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.