Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Javascript Lib - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Javascript Lib (652 Views)

Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) / Nairalanders.. Is Lib Better Than Nairaland? Pls Candid Opinion Needed! / Some Useless Stuffs From My Lib (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript Lib by wole969: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dojo or JQuery
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
jQuery for now, but later go Dojo, i do all my works in Dojo and it allowed me understand JavaScript and jQuery better. but to be honest you will save hair on your head with jQuery than Dojo.
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2012
jQuery what you need to know:
Callbacks
Passing Functions as Arguments
Closures
Event Handling
CSS
DOM API
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
As for Dojo
All of the Above in jQuery
JavaScript
Inheritance
Object and How it differs from Function Object
Functions
Some JavaScript Patterns AMD,Publish/Subscribe and using Self Invoking Functions
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
Please look at this books JavaScript for Web Developers by Nicholas Zakas it changed the way i looked at javaScript
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
i have been using jquery for about 3yrs now, but i heard dojo makes life better
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2012
My next concern is why we still have to develop for Internet Explorer 6 lipsrsealed
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
if you jQuery for 3 years than you can either try backbone since its can be used with Dojo, because Dojo convention is different from jQuery but luckily everything is now in AMD so you can still use it anyway, i use Dojo and yeah it makes life a bit easier. here's a scenario.

1. I can Modularize my codes like packages like Java and C# but also it can be done too with RequireJS + jQuery which i have written here on nairaland before.

2. The Out of the Box Packages Dojo is in three Parts Dojo,Dijit,Dojox Dojo contains your Dojo Codes and Dijit is Dojo's Modular Widgeting system which supports templating the sexiest part is each Widget can be extended with ease, and Dojox contains Experimental projects which people do the dojox package itself is another big ecosystem.

3.Dojo is much more easier to work with as a core javascript developer here's my example i use jQuery UI and the issue i have is that if i try to change the Dialog property i still use the awkward way which is $("#dialog" ).dialog({title:""}) or something like that i haven't see a way to reference a widget directly unless am manipulating the DOM but Dojo Dijit is brillaint it has an object called Dijit.Registry that contains the list of Widgets best part every widget has an id so i can easily do this registry.byId( "dialog " ).setTitle( "title " ) so nothing like using the jQuery code everytime.

4. Dojo has a superb Unit testing in Dojox its the dojo robots.

Actually i can go on and on but that's the reason i use it
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
IE6, hmmmmm though dojo supports IE6 but in this Day and Age its much more cheaper to handout Free flash drives with Firefox and Chrome than code for IE6, been there trust me, i aint doing for IE6 again i'd rather use DHL to send the person an External Disk of new browsers.
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
i am working on a project! the client specifically requested for IE6 amongst other browsers. Trust me dis is not a beans development. The client claims that many of their clients are on ie6. How many hard drives would i have to give out?
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2012
Well you always have 2 css ie.css and other.css since all browser play well but there are some libraries that handle IE6 Dojo does but its a lower version you will have to look at.
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2012
i really like the jquey nav effect on the GTBank new website! any help or hope of getting similar codes?
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
any help with this please?
Re: Javascript Lib by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
You can look at the source code or monitor the Animation Sequence and use Jquery animation to chain those sequences,
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 11:40am On Nov 01, 2012
i am talking about the nav on the right.
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2012
its different! i really like it. it just adds everything good to the site
Re: Javascript Lib by wole969: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Please who built the new gtbank website

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Blogs: Practical Steps / Help! Having Problem Purchasing Wordpress Domain / How To Design You Own Website Now At Intercoded.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.