Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols (17949 Views)

Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism / Similarities Between Islam And Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:
I still don't know how the cross became the symbol of christianity......the early christians and the apostles never used that item in worship nor hung it around there homes....

The use of the cross in worship is pure idolatry......

Omo Alata: Our Jesus is no longer on the cross grin

Perhaps you should check out 1 Cor 1:23. Paul says, "...but we preach Christ crucified..." Why does Paul preach Christ crucified? Doesn't he know Jesus has been raised from the dead? Of course he does! But, he knows that it is through the power of the crucified Christ on the cross that the bonds of sin and death are broken. As Paul says in verse 24, Christ crucified is the "power of God".
1 Cor 2:2, "For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." Again, didn't Paul know that Jesus had risen from the dead? Of course, he did.

Paul preaches Christ crucified because an empty cross has no power. The cross that bears the beaten, battered, and bloodied body of Jesus Christ, however, that cross is the "power of God". This is why, we "keep Jesus on the cross," because we, too, preach Christ crucified. The Crucifix reminds us not only of God's power, but also His love for us - giving His only begotten Son up for suffering and death.

Also, here in this life we do not share so much in the glory of the Resurrection, as we do in the suffering of Jesus on the cross; after all, we must take up our cross daily if we are to follow Jesus, as it says in Lk 9:23.

And, we must die with Christ in order to live with Him as Romans 6:8 tells us. Where did Christ die? On the cross. The Crucifix serves to remind us of these things.

One other passage to keep in mind is Galatians 3:1, "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?" Did you catch that? Jesus was publicly portrayed, before their "eyes", as being crucified. Sounds kind of like they may have been looking at a Crucifix, doesn't it?

From biblechristiansociety.com

2 Likes

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 1:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

Perhaps you should check out 1 Cor 1:23. Paul says, "...but we preach Christ crucified..." Why does Paul preach Christ crucified? Doesn't he know Jesus has been raised from the dead? Of course he does! But, he knows that it is through the power of the crucified Christ on the cross that the bonds of sin and death are broken. As Paul says in verse 24, Christ crucified is the "power of God".
1 Cor 2:2, "For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." Again, didn't Paul know that Jesus had risen from the dead? Of course, he did.

Paul preaches Christ crucified because an empty cross has no power. The cross that bears the beaten, battered, and bloodied body of Jesus Christ, however, that cross is the "power of God". This is why, we "keep Jesus on the cross," because we, too, preach Christ crucified. The Crucifix reminds us not only of God's power, but also His love for us - giving His only begotten Son up for suffering and death.

Also, here in this life we do not share so much in the glory of the Resurrection, as we do in the suffering of Jesus on the cross; after all, we must take up our cross daily if we are to follow Jesus, as it says in Lk 9:23.

And, we must die with Christ in order to live with Him as Romans 6:8 tells us. Where did Christ die? On the cross. The Crucifix serves to remind us of these things.

One other passage to keep in mind is Galatians 3:1, "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?" Did you catch that? Jesus was publicly portrayed, before their "eyes", as being crucified. Sounds kind of like they may have been looking at a Crucifix, doesn't it?

Hahahahahaha.....

So you are telling me the apostles had moulds of the cross and also images??.......and also the rosary??

Italo now I know you are bent on following the traditions of men....

For you to force the use of the cross in worship on the bible shows how much you are willing to wallow in idolatry...

And so at your age you still don't know what Jesus meants when he said ""we should pick up our cross" and follow Him.....
So from your infantile assertions we are to literally pick up a wooden cross hang it in our homes.wrap it around our necks as rosaries and then follow Jesus??....is that what early christians did??

I am sure you know how big the cross(although he died on a tree) Jesus was hung on is.....and I hope you carry such big gigantic cross when you walk on the road.....SMH!!!!!!

My brother no scripture supports the carving and making of the image of the cross in worship....

And never you say the cross ""is the power of God"".....that is blasphemy and heresy.......

No 1st century christian used the cross in worship......history and the bible tells us that.....

4 Likes

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahahaha.....

So you are telling me the apostles had moulds of the cross and also images??.......and also the rosary??

For you to force the use of the cross in worship on the bible shows how much you are willing to wallow in idolatry...

And so at your age you still don't know what Jesus meants when he said ""we should pick up his cross" and follow Him.....
So from your infantile assertions we are to literally pick up a wooden cross hang it in our homes.wrap it around our necks as rosaries and then follow Jesus??....is that what early christians did??

I am sure you know how big the cross(although he died on a tree) Jesus was hung on is.....and I hope you carry such big gigantic cross when you walk on the road.....SMH!!!!!!

My brother no scripture supports the carving and making of the image of the cross in worship....

And never you say the cross ""is the power of God"".....that is blasphemy and heresy.......

No 1st century christian used the cross in worship......history and the bible tells us that.....

The cross is only a symbol at the end of the day. Italo made a reasonable argument why many churches choose to use it as a symbol.

Unlike you and your false church. Tell me, are the failed predictions of your church biblical? Jehovah's Witnesses failed predictions, that is.

You complain about Italo taking a metaphorical cross literally but then the Jehovah's Witnesse take the bible's prescription of not eating blood literally and ban blood transfusion!
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

The cross is only a symbol at the end of the day. Italo made a reasonable argument why many churches choose to use it as a symbol.

Unlike you and your false church. Tell me, are the failed predictions of your church biblical? Jehovah's Witnesses failed predictions, that is.

You complain about Italo taking a metaphorical cross literally but then the Jehovah's Witnesse take the bible's prescription of not eating blood literally and ban blood transfusion!

If you were a catholic I would reply you...are you one now??.....

Or you still got the cross in your house
bowing down to it??.....

If you want to be a full catholic apologist abandon atheism and come let's discuss fully..rather than hanging on the fence....later you'll go put up a post deriding the catholics....

Let me know where you stand.......

Clear cut commands are there in the scriptures both Old and new for christians to abstain from blood....abi your eye no read reach there for bible??..........

Italo made no defense as regards using the cross in worship with the scriptures.......

Early christians did nothing of that sort.....
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

If you were a catholic I would reply you...are you one now??.....

Or you still got the cross in your house
bowing down to it??.....

If you want to be a full catholic apologist abandon atheism and come let's discuss fully..rather than hanging on the fence....later you'll go put up a post deriding the catholics....

Let me know where you stand.......

Clear cut commands are there in the scriptures both Old and new for christians to abstain from blood....abi your eye no read reach there for bible??..........

Italo made no defense as regards using the cross in worship with the scriptures.......

1) The truth remains true whether I am a catholic or not.

2) Italo made sense with his arguyment about the cross. Jesus died on a cross and there are biblical quotes on carrying a cross. Yes, the bible doesnt say that we should put crosses in our houses or churches. However, the significance of the cross remains important in chriatianity and there is no surprise why christians use it as a symbol.

3)I was talking about christianity from a logical or academic point of view. You hate logic so much that you are ignorant to realise that there are bible scholars who arent christain or religious.

4) The command does not say anything about blood tranfusion whic was non-existent at biblical times. You are taking a fundamentalis and hardcore literalist interpretation that you accuse Italo of.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) The truth remains true whether I am a catholic or not.

2) Italo made sense with his arguyment about the cross. Jesus died on a cross and there are biblical quotes on carrying a cross. Yes, the bible doesnt say that we should put crosses in our houses or churches. However, the significance of the cross remains important in chriatianity and there is no surprise why christians use it as a symbol.

3)I was talking about christianity from a logical or academic point of view. You hate logic so much that you are ignorant to realise that there are bible scholars who arent christain or religious.

4) The command does not say anything about blood tranfusion whic was non-existent at biblical times. You are taking a fundamentalis and hardcore literalist interpretation that you accuse Italo of.

My question to you heathen is how would you know if the use of the cross in worship is important or not when to start with you hate God and Jesus Christ.....and what is truth to you when it comes to the bible......

Let the catholics who are still catholics keep defending there faith......

you know nothing nor appreciate bible truths so its easy for you to just say what is true from your atheist point of view........

If early christians used images in worship can mr italo kindly show me from the bible??

@ least I have foLlow precepts from the bible to abstain from blood....if taking in blood through blood transfusion isn't imbibing blood into my system then I wonder what is....

Can you teach me how I should abstain from blood??
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

My question to you heathen is how would you know if the use of the cross in worship is important or not when to start with you hate God and Jesus Christ.....and what is truth to you when it comes to the bible......

you know nothing nor appreciate bible truths so its easy for you to just say what is true from your atheist point of view........

If early christians used images in worship can mr italo kindly show me from the bible??

@ least I have foLlow precepts from the bible to abstain from blood....if taking in blood through blood transfusion isn't imbibing blood into my system then I wonder what is....

Can you teach me how I should abstain from blood??

1) There is truth in the bible. Yes, I admit. However, there are also lies, bigotry and nonsense in the bible.

2) I am an atheist. I dont hate God. I just dont believe in him

3) I dont know when christians started using crosses as a symbol but I believe it is a good idea even though the bible does not clearly command it. The cross is now a universal symbol.

4) Dont drink blood. The bible was saying that people should not drink blood or use it for sacrifice. In modern times, we use blood for an exra reason- to save lives who have lost bllod

5) Will you commit suicide if you have lost blood by rejecting stored blood from a hostpital?
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Boomark(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

I remember you from the other thread wher they lied that the Pope apologized to satan. You were pretending that you were neutral and objective. You said I should just tell you if it is true or not (as if you were really interested in the truth). I remember telling you to read the whole statement on the link that made the allegation. You haven't told me if you have read the link or not, and what conclusions you have been able to draw. Perhaps because you have seen that that one is a lie, you kept quiet about it. Because it is not a weapon you can use to beat The Catholic Church. Now you are here again pretending to look for explanation and clarification.

'calling satan evil is not my personal view'.
Didn't you see that quote?
Any pastor, bishop or Pope that says such a thing will get no respect from me.

It is now left for you Catholics to now prove that op and even this one wrong. If you can't do that then all those thing are true.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Boomark(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy should 1st of all apologise to the Catholics for insulting their God and ask God for forgiveness before defending what he didn't believe in.

You don't know what is wrong or right for now in Christianity. You will learn after asking for forgiveness.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Boomark(m): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

So before cruxification, God has no power? I tire for you o.

So can you tell us how many crosses he hung in his room?
How many did he use to demonstrate to the people while he preach to them? Because it was very important then for the people to see what happened and how Christ died.

You better start worshiping God in truth and in spirit. Not with images.

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

That church is also abbreviated as WCC. World council of Churches.

I asked you to explain WCC and you declined angry

WCC Ghana Church. Is the one in your link a Ghanaian church? grin grin
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

1) There is truth in the bible. Yes, I admit. However, there are also lies, bigotry and nonsense in the bible.

2) I am an atheist. I dont hate God. I just dont believe in him

3) I dont know when christians started using crosses as a symbol but I believe it is a good idea even though the bible does not clearly command it. The cross is now a universal symbol.

4) Dont drink blood. The bible was saying that people should not drink blood or use it for sacrifice. In modern times, we use blood for an exra reason- to save lives who have lost bllod

5) Will you commit suicide if you have lost blood by rejecting stored blood from a hostpital?

The bible says simply abstain from blood.......

What's the difference between drinking and transfusing blood into ones system...

If on was to contract AIDS would blood transfusion be different from when one drinks blood??

ABSTAIN from blood....that's the precept.....

I know its hard for you to keep up with precepts even the simplest.....

If that command was not in the scriptures we won't bother about it.....

You can as well call early christians suicidal for dying as matyrs when they simply could have denounced there faith in Christ and LIVE!!!!.......live for how long sef??
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:
Hahahahahaha.....

And so at your age you still don't know what Jesus meants when he said ""we should pick up our cross" and follow Him.....

Your whole post shows that you didn't understand my post. But I am not surprised. If you don't understand the meaning of 'my God', 'everlasting father', 'alpha and omega', 'the beginning and the end', 'the first and the last', as short and simple as they are, I cannot expect you to understand my post.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

I did! Only you didn't understand a word of it.

E.g: I said St Paul called Christ crucified the "power of God" in 1 Cor 1:24.

...And you said I shouldn't call the "cross" the power of God.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Why do you feel it is better or easier to argue with a Catholic than an Atheist?

Afterall, you say that we are pagans and don't believe in the Bible too. You say that we worship Mary, Saints, statues, Crucifix, Rosaries and everything but God. Why then do you feel that a Catholic will know the importance or (lack of it) of the cross in Christian worship more than an Atheist? Afterall, you consider both of us as non-Christians.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

Your whole post shows that you didn't understand my post. But I am not surprised. If you don't understand the meaning of 'my God', 'everlasting father', 'alpha and omega', 'the beginning and the end', 'the first and the last', as short and simple as they are, I cannot expect you to understand my post.

I understood your post completely...and it didn't show me where the apostles made an image of the Cross and used it in worship.....

And for you to say the cross is the power of God is one big heresy......

The simple question I asked is:::::

Did the apostles carry around with them images of the cross or used the rosary in worship??did they have moulds of the cross??

You quoted so many scriptures and not one showed that....
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

Why do you feel it is better or easier to argue with a Catholic than an Atheist?

Afterall, you say that we are pagans and don't believe in the Bible too. You say that we worship Mary, Saints, statues, Crucifix, Rosaries and everything but God. Why then do you feel that a Catholic will know the importance or (lack of it) of the cross in Christian worship more than an Atheist? Afterall, you consider both of us as non-Christians.

The discussion here is about the crucifix and its use in worship....if logic boy hates God and his son then I wonder if he still knows what is right or wrong......

I never said you are a non-christian....when did I say that??

Italo no blackmail me o.....

My problem is logicboy would soon abuse you and the catholic church on another post but come here to act like he is still a catholic....

Let him decide where he wants to be....not sit on the fence...
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Boomark:

It is now left for you Catholics to now prove that op and even this one wrong. If you can't do that then all those thing are true.

I can't believe what I am seeing!

So if I call you a bastard, it is up to YOU to prove it that you are not a bastard, not me to prove that you are. And if you cannot prove that you are not a bastard, it is true that you are. Are you serious. You anti-Catholics have no limit to how low you can go, do you?

Okay you are a bastard. Prove to me that you are not. If you cannot, it true that you are a bastard.

2 Likes

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Boomark:

So if I call you a bastard, it is up to YOU to prove it that you are not a bastard, not me to prove that you are. And if you cannot prove that you are not a bastard, it is true that you are. Are you serious. You anti-Catholics have no limit to how low you can go, do you?

Okay you are a bastard. Prove to me that you are not. If you cannot, its true that you are a bastard, right?

2 Likes

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

I did! Only you didn't understand a word of it.

E.g: I said St Paul called Christ crucified the "power of God" in 1 Cor 1:24.

...And you said I shouldn't call the "cross" the power of God.

This is 1 corinthians 1:24..

New International Version (©1984)
but to those whom God has called, both Jews
and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the
wisdom of God.
New Living Translation (©2007)
But to those called by God to salvation, both
Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God
and the wisdom of God.
English Standard Version (©2001)
but to those who are called, both Jews and
Greeks, Christ the power of God and the
wisdom of God.

I don't see from that scripture the ""cross"" being the power of God....or is it my sight that is impaired??

Christ is the one called the power and wisdom of God and not the ""CROSS""....

Is the cross Jesus??

Italo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm.....
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by truthislight: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:
there are also lies, bigotry and nonsense in the bible.

guy, am interested in this,

care to explain?

Am waiting.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2012
Boomark:

So before cruxification, God has no power? I tire for you o.

So can you tell us how many crosses he hung in his room?
How many did he use to demonstrate to the people while he preach to them? Because it was very important then for the people to see what happened and how Christ died.

You better start worshiping God in truth and in spirit. Not with images.

My brother, why are you taking up issues with me? It was St Paul that said Christ crucified is the Power of God, not me. So you can start your World War III with him.

So you have already concluded and judged that I am not worshipping God in truth and in spirit...

In other wards you can see into my heart and soul...

Na wah for una wey be anti-Catholics o...

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:
I understood your post completely...and it didn't show me where the apostles made an image of the Cross and used it in worship.....

And for you to say the cross is the power of God is one big heresy......

The simple question I asked is:::::

Did the apostles carry around with them images of the cross or used the rosary in worship??did they have moulds of the cross??

You quoted so many scriptures and not one showed that....

You are trying to prove that you understood my post by you are only succeeding in showing that you still don't understand my post. You didn't even read it thoroughly so how can you understand. If this is the way I read the mis-read and misunderstand the Bible, perhaps I would be a 'Jehovah's witness' too.

Let me show that you didn't even read through my post.

Nowhere did I say that the cross is the power of God. I said St Paul said Christ crucified is the power of God. But you made up what you wanted to make up so that you can disprove it.

Perhaps you might want to tell me what was portrayed before the eyes of the Galatians in Gal 1:1...assuming it is not a crucifix.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by plappville(f): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

Seems Omo Alata is either running away or lying. wink

You like to drag matter till the end euh!
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

You are trying to prove that you understood my post by you are only succeeding in showing that you still don't understand my post. You didn't even read it thoroughly so how can you understand. If this is the way I read the mis-read and misunderstand the Bible, perhaps I would be a 'Jehovah's witness' too.

Let me show that you didn't even read through my post.

Nowhere did I say that the cross is the power of God. I said St Paul said Christ crucified is the power of God. But you made up what you wanted to make up so that you can disprove it.

Perhaps you might want to tell me what was portrayed before the eyes of the Galatians in Gal 1:1...assuming it is not a crucifix.

Thanks for the correction...

But I still don't know how galatians 1:1 and 1 corinthians you quoted supports your stand on the fact that the early christians erected the image of the cross as a medium for worship....

This is galatians 1:1....

Paul, an apostle--sent not from men nor by
man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father,
who raised him from the dead--

This letter is from Paul, an apostle. I was not
appointed by any group of people or any human
authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by
God the Father, who raised Jesus from the
dead.

I don't see how people been reminded of Christs ressurection by the Father would mean they carved the cross and hung them in there homes or make rosaries that would be used for worship....

No scripture supports your making the cross and using it for worship....

No apostle or early christians used any carved image....no one!!!!!
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by plappville(f): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

My brother, why are you taking up issues with me? It was St Paul that said Christ crucified is the Power of God, not me. So you can start your World War III with him.

So you have already concluded and judged that I am not worshipping God in truth and in spirit...

In other wards you can see into my heart and soul...

Na wah for una wey be anti-Catholics o...

The Catholic is full of idolatry period, what are you defending each time?
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ Ijawkid

Sorry, I meant Gal 3:1:

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified."

How was Jesus portrayed as crucified before the eyes of the Galatians?
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by plappville(f): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Thanks for the correction...

But I still don't know how galatians 1:1 and 1 corinthians you quoted supports your stand on the fact that the early christians erected the image of the cross as a medium for worship....

This is galatians 1:1....

Paul, an apostle--sent not from men nor by
man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father,
who raised him from the dead--

This letter is from Paul, an apostle. I was not
appointed by any group of people or any human
authority, but by Jesus Christ himself and by
God the Father, who raised Jesus from the
dead.

I don't see how people been reminded of Christs ressurection by the Father would mean they carved the cross and hung them in there homes or make rosaries that would be used for worship....

No scripture supports your making the cross and using it for worship....

No apostle or early christians used any carved image....no one!!!!!

Have you ever visited a Catholic member Home? a very big alter with images both( MARY and JESUS), sometimes baby jesus, incense candles, etc...all for worship shocked shocked
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
plappville:
The Catholic is full of idolatry period, what are you defending each time?

Haven't you noticed that I have been avoiding direct conversations with you? I am doing so because anytime we talk, you don't make sense to me and I always end up using very harsh words.

Why don't you let me talk to people who I feel are worth discussing with.

Please help me so that I won't have to insult you. I am trying to safeguard my soul.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by plappville(f): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

Okay you are a bastard. Prove to me that you are not. If you cannot, its true that you are a bastard, right?

Why do you like insulting anyone that does not agree with your doctrines? No one is correcting the Catholic paganism doctrine,
only the bible has been doing this, yet you keep insulting us. Here is one chapter for you to meditate on.

Acts 17:29-30 therefore since we are god's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone - an image made by man's design and skill. In the past god overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent."
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by plappville(f): 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo:

Haven't you noticed that I have been avoiding direct conversations with you? I am doing so because anytime we talk, you don't make sense to me and I always end up using very harsh words.

Why don't you let me talk to people who I feel are worth discussing with.

Please help me so that I won't have to insult you. I am trying to safeguard my soul.

Thank you.

You think insulting others while defending your doctrine guarantees you?

You are just joking then, you need to be spiritual dear.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
italo: @ Ijawkid

Sorry, I meant Gal 3:1:

"You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified."

How was Jesus portrayed as crucified before the eyes of the Galatians?

Are you worshipping the saviour who was crucified or the object used to crucify our saviour , you guys are really something else.

Jesus is not enough for you , you must ask Mary and the dead saints to also pray for you while bowing before a cross.

Oh by the way, did you also know that making the sign of the cross is a Babylonian mystery straight from the books of the occult .

Don't let me call you a Pagan !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? / Kumuyi: Agitations Will End If Government Addresses Injustice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.