Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols (17957 Views)

Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism / Similarities Between Islam And Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2012
Virtually all symbols of sun worship exist in present-day Roman Catholic cathedrals.

St. Peter’s in Rome has one of the greatest collection of pagan symbols in the world. The main altar at St. Peter’s, Bernini’s Canopy, has the symbols of the serpent, sun and moon worship, and male and female forms of sun rays. The altar has Pope Joane (the only female pope in history) depicted in pains of childbirth representing the birth of the sun god. Read more about the family system in pagan sun worship

Other symbols of sun worship found in Catholicism include the solar wheel dating back to the time of the Chaldeans. It is found on virtually all cathedrals today. The square of St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome consists of the largest solar wheel in the world. The square is circular and the wheel has eight spokes.

Moreover, in St. Peter’s Square, there is a wheel within a wheel, which is a counterfeit of the mobile throne of God, as described by the prophet Ezekiel. As a counterfeit, it represents the throne of the Dragon who gives the Beast his seat and great authority. In the center of the square is an obelisk, a phallic symbol dedicated to the worship of the sun. The Vatican is built on the hill where the temple of Janus the sun god stood. Alongside St. John’s Lateran, which is the church where the Pope is crowned and where he speaks infallibly, is the obelisk of Tutmoses III, which was dedicated to Reharakti, the sun god.

Many other symbols of sun worship are used in Catholicism, such as halos, pagan crosses, lightning bolts, hand-signals from sun worship cults, tridents, the fleur-de-lis, and sexagesimal triangles with the eye of Horus.

Coptic shells, which in paganism served as a symbol of the cosmos, were also used, along with astrological signs. Globes serve as symbols of rulership of the universe, and pagan gods carried the globe. The largest globe in the world is on top of St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome.

The Catholic Church also uses sacred heart symbols, sacred animal symbols, and fertility symbols such as pine cones. Pagan deities wore the pine cone on their crosier just as the popes do today. Catholics also use prayer beads for repetitive prayers, even though the Bible admonishes, “But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking” (Matthew 6:7).

Source

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2012

Picture of Mary with a solar symbol. Note the halo behind her as well.

Source: Great Controversy Picture CD, LLT Productions.

This Assyrian king is wearing a Maltese cross, just like the one seen on the Pope's robe. Notice also the sun worship symbols above his hand. The symbol above his hand is the 8-spoked pagan solar wheel.

Copyright Amazing Discoveries.

Pope Benedict XVI, with Maltese cross emblems on his robe. The four-spoked Maltese cross within a circle is a key symbol of sun worship.

Source: Wikimedia Commons.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2012

Symbols of the Zodiac are found on the floor of the Vatican. This originates from the culture of the Chaldeans.

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2012

Original triple yin yang symbol with sun blasé on ceiling of a Catholic cathedral in Germany.

The so-called symbol of St. Mark, which is really the Babylonian winged lion facing the symbol of the sun god.

Golden door in the chapel of St. Ignatius in San Francisco showing the peacock, phoenix, dragon-fish, unicorn, pagan mitre and staff, and a P with crossed feathers (a 666 symbol also used in freemasonry).

Source: Great Controversy Picture CD, LLT Productions.

On the door of a Roman Catholic Cathedral is a yin yang symbol.

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 25, 2012
Copy and paste...... sad sad sad

I wonder if the catholics go to worship the door handles, the buildings and the clothes the Pope/bishops wear......

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by truthislight: 8:44am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03: Copy and paste...... sad sad sad

I wonder if the catholics go to worship the door handles, the buildings and the clothes the Pope/bishops wear......

what are the symbol of demons doing in a house that is suppose to be the house of God?

Will such have been allowed in God's temple in Jerusalem?

Dont you know that God use to reject the nation of Israel whenever they turn to idolatry?

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 25, 2012
truthislight:

what are the symbol of demons doing in a house that is suppose to be the house of God?

Dont you know that God use to reject the nation of Israel whenever they turn to idolatry?

So another man's religion is demonic to you? You that worship the tortured image of a Jewish man on a cross?

Pagan influence was in Europe. Cant be helped. Even christianity has pagan roots.

Jerusalem is also home to Islamic influence
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Ubenedictus(m): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2012
truthislight:

hahaha, the old ranting on what simbol is what, it is a pity u are too superstitious and explaining each symbol will be a waste of time becos u arent interested in the truth ur aim is to condemn. Ask d guyz u copied dis from to go to d orthodox church and check if d very same symbols arent there. It has nting to do with demon d problem is u are superstitious i cant help u.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
what are the symbols of demons and idols doing in a house that is suppose to be the house of God?

2 Likes

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Boomark(m): 3:34am On Oct 26, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, the old ranting on what simbol is what, it is a pity u are too superstitious and explaining each symbol will be a waste of time becos u arent interested in the truth ur aim is to condemn. Ask d guyz u copied dis from to go to d orthodox church and check if d very same symbols arent there. It has nting to do with demon d problem is u are superstitious i cant help u.

We are not running away. Why not prove frosbel wrong. No matter the number of other churches where the symbols are found, they could be birds of a feather. That does not make them holy symbols. So tell us what we are ignorant of.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by italo: 7:32am On Oct 26, 2012
Boomark:
We are not running away. Why not prove frosbel wrong. No matter the number of other churches where the symbols are found, they could be birds of a feather. That does not make them holy symbols. So tell us what we are ignorant of.

I remember you from the other thread wher they lied that the Pope apologized to satan. You were pretending that you were neutral and objective. You said I should just tell you if it is true or not (as if you were really interested in the truth). I remember telling you to read the whole statement on the link that made the allegation. You haven't told me if you have read the link or not, and what conclusions you have been able to draw. Perhaps because you have seen that that one is a lie, you kept quiet about it. Because it is not a weapon you can use to beat The Catholic Church. Now you are here again pretending to look for explanation and clarification.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 7:50am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

You that worship the tortured image of a Jewish man on a cross?

Our Jesus is no longer on the cross grin

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

Bless you ma'am smiley
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

Really? I wonder what the crucifixes or statues of Jesus on the cross in churches are about then or how it changes the fact that the cross is the symbol of christianity?
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2012
acidosis™:

Bless you ma'am smiley

Christians.....will accept any silly defense of their faith when they cant defend it...............
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 9:09am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

Really? I wonder what the crucifixes or statues of Jesus on the cross in churches are about then or how it changes the fact that the cross is the symbol of christianity?

I still don't know how the cross became the symbol of christianity......the early christians and the apostles never used that item in worship nor hung it around there homes....

The use of the cross in worship is pure idolatry......

2 Likes

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

I still don't know how the cross became the symbol of christianity......the early christians and the apostles never used that item in worship nor hung it around there homes....

The use of the cross in worship is pure idolatry......

lol....and the Protestants have the nerve to call catholic pagans.

Bunch of hypocrites, you christians.

Serioulsy, how are you winning souls for the faith when you are divided and hypocritical?

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by ijawkid(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol....and the Protestants have the nerve to call catholic pagans.

Bunch of hypocrites, you christians.

Serioulsy, how are you winning souls for the faith when you are divided and hypocritical?

Lol......

Ask them o no ask me....cross no hang for my house.....
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol......

Ask them o no ask me....cross no hang for my house.....

Nor mine grin
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

Nor mine grin

lol....as if there are no crosses in your church!
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol....as if there are no crosses in your church!

None whatsoever - you can check smiley
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

What denomination please?
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 10:39am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

What denomination please?

WCC Ghana Church, Angel branch grin grin
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

You don't have to respond to that jobless troll cheesy
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 10:42am On Oct 26, 2012
frosbel:

You don't have to respond to that jobless troll cheesy

T'is alright. He's humouring me.
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

WCC Ghana Church, Angel branch grin grin

What is WCC?

By the way, I have been quite respectful on this thread. I hope you dont agree with Frosbel that I'm trolling. That would be bearing false witness

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

What is WCC?

WCC is a church. Google it grin grin
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

WCC is a church. Google it grin grin

There are crosses on your church's website.

Also, look at this picture... a cross on the church's logo

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by OmoAlata(f): 11:00am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

There are crosses on your church's website.

Also, look at this picture... a cross on the church's logo

That's NOT my church grin grin
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2012
Omo Alata:

That's NOT my church grin grin

That church is also abbreviated as WCC. World council of Churches.

I asked you to explain WCC and you declined angry

1 Like

Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPw0fngNN5E&feature=related

I advice you to watch this short video clip, and tell me, please tell me after watching this clip if you still believe that the catholic pagan institution is a church.

The place is packed with satanic imagery and symbols. I saw the mummified dead holed up all over the place.

If you want to know why , then read this book called The Two Babylons or The Papal Worship Proved to be the Worship of Nimrod and His Wife By the Late Rev. Alexander Hislop

First published as a pamphlet in 1853--greatly expanded in 1858d

You can read the free book HERE
Re: Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2012
Logicboy03:

That church is also abbreviated as WCC. World council of Churches.

I asked you to explain WCC and you declined angry

Seems Omo Alata is either running away or lying. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / Kumuyi: Agitations Will End If Government Addresses Injustice / Gen. Buhari Meets With The Archbishop Of Canterbury (Photo News)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.