Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan (9308 Views)

APC Crisis: Buhari Meets With Lawan Group / Security Chiefs Put Pressure On Me To Shift Polls – Jega / Fresh Attack On Police Station In Sokoto Kills Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 25, 2012
Indications emerged, yesterday, that the Police are under intense pressure to charge Chief Femi Otedola, the accuser of the erstwhile chairman of the House Probe Committee, Hon. Farouk Lawal, if at all Farouk is to be prosecuted.

Vanguard gathered that the delay in arraigning Lawan after months of the conclusion of the investigative reports followed intrigues and pressure being mounted on the government by top brass of the National Assembly to drop the charges against him.

Farouk Lawan and Otedola
With government insistence, however, that the matter was purely left for the Police to handle and that it will abide by Police findings, mounting pressure is now on the police to charge Otedola along, with sources saying this may lead to the Federal Government intervening to give Lawan a safe landing.

However, the embattled former Fuel Subsidy Adhoc Committee Chairman, Farouk Lawan, has continued to report to the police authorities in compliance with his bail condition which says he should be reporting twice a week to the police.

Consequently, a register was opened for him to be signing every time he reports in a week and Vanguard gathered that so far, he has obeyed the directive diligently and signed attendance register about 40 times.

When he appeared before the Police yesterday, Lawan was cited in a milk colour caftan signing the register at the Force Headquarters.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/620000-subsidy-bribe-pressure-on-police-to-charge-otedola-with-lawan/
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Lionpikin(m): 5:51am On Oct 25, 2012
make dem do wetin dem like so far d country beta
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by PaulJohn1: 5:55am On Oct 25, 2012
I don't think there's any need for debate here. Both of them are thieves and should be behind bars.
Had it been it a pick pocket in mile 12 caught for stealing a thousand, jail time'll have been confirmed.
These people are bigger thieves who are still moving freely

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by GMacbeth: 5:58am On Oct 25, 2012
laughing in spanish
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by ukpaku: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2012
weda he sign register 1 million times dat one no concern me, all i want is that, let the full wrath of the law come on them without any compromize. What is good for Gary Cahil is also gud for Gary neville.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by goodnice: 6:09am On Oct 25, 2012
I pity this country...how long can we continue like this?there is no way a country can develop like... God hav mercy on us ooo
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by ekemit(m): 6:10am On Oct 25, 2012
am disapointed d way dis case is goin on i taut by dis tym dis case should hav been a concluded isue bt stil crawlin lik a snail nawa o
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by yertyr(m): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2012
God...pls help us...clear visible evidence of a 300,000dollar scam by lawan fwnd and d police needs jupiter to tell them 2 nail dis man. Seems crime no longer has its penalty 4 big men.
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by freebloke: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2012
na today!! E don tey wey biabia don dey grow for man yansh...
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by antontech(m): 6:47am On Oct 25, 2012
They will definitely charge them,am very sure of that.
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by kpozite(m): 6:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Moral of the story: Go for the billions and you will not get a jail term.
In Nigeria, the shrewd ones steal big money and use it to control government and police.
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by garrigangster: 6:54am On Oct 25, 2012
Moral of the story?
When someone asks for bribe from me, I should try to turn the person over to the Police because I might be prosecuted as well.
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Demdem(m): 6:56am On Oct 25, 2012
No doubt, the retardeen is fighting corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by justsayemma(m): 6:56am On Oct 25, 2012
Otedolar n co sponsord Gej in his last election,so he is d sacred cow here.Farouk messd up n allowed hmself 2 b roped into a grand scheme 2 rubish d subsidy probe.if it was truly a sting operation as Otedolar claims,y was Farouk not arested in d airport wen he was colectin d moni?
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by dammytosh: 7:10am On Oct 25, 2012
Paul John: I don't think there's any need for debate here. Both of them are thieves and should be behind bars.
Had it been it a pick pocket in mile 12 caught for stealing a thousand, jail time'll have been confirmed.
These people are bigger thieves who are still moving freely

The case here is not a mile 2 case but case of bribery and corruption done with money allegedly given by sss. Charging Otedola in this case is d most stupid thing i have heard in recent times. If we have problem with Otedola, dt should be settled in another case entirely.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by PaulJohn1: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2012
dammytosh:

The case here is not a mile 2 case but case of bribery and corruption done with money allegedly given by sss. Charging Otedola in this case is d most stupid thing i have heard in recent times. If we have problem with Otedola, dt should be settled in another case entirely.
What's your point exactly?
Either it's a different case or same old case, Otedola should be behind bars.
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Orblonde: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2012
We all can huff and puff as much as we like but the big boys are too big for our nigerian legal system to go to jail or anything like that. They will surely get a soft landing at worst. You see, the law in Nigeria is too be applied on the masses, like with little yahoo boys etc and you are very naïve to think otherwise. Like the Titanic, the elites are fully aware that Nigeria is now manifecting its ture self so please keep 2015 in mind. I have painfully come to realise that we are have always been a flawed entity and they are looting as much they can get whilst we the masses keep the band playing and distracting ourselves by burning hungry suspects of petty theft and robbing and raping each other like savages in a cage. We have been socially engineered into a false sense of patriotism (maybe its to do with singing the mational anthem in school every morning) that your elites only claim to share whilst they are looting your future away. We have the elites we deserve because if we where really fed up we would not be hailing them with titles of Holiness, Highmess and honourables. What sad people we are to not see the real problem. We will never get a decent contitution or a real federal system as there is paranoia of certain regions doing well and leaving others behind. Anyone who has the chance of leaving for a better life should do so as the will no true mass movement for change and things will continue to get worse.
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by theking5: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2012
I said from the way this

way house has been grandstanding against d president and some of his decisions is just to placate him and stop him from prosecuting their member's who have bn indicted in one corrupt tendency or d order, al dis going on oversight functions and monitoring budget implementation are just waisting of time in order to buy time and make d executive look bad in d eyes of d people.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by dridowu: 7:43am On Oct 25, 2012
so faruk and otedola still dy news.................................UNBELIEVABLE
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2012
I'm not a fan of otedola. I know he's a theif like everybody up there, but without his videos nobody would have even suspected anything and farouk would still be heading a committee.

What exactly are we encouraging and discouraging by charging him? What are we even charging him for? Video-taping himself bribing someone?

Pls dont insult me or anthing, I'm politely asking.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by garrigangster: 7:51am On Oct 25, 2012
Demdem: No doubt, the retardeen is fighting corruption.
Why do u love Calling the President your Father's name?
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2012
We need τ̅☺ set-up a committee to monitor the progress of this Case.. smiley
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2012
Senathieves! So because one of ur own was indicted by Otedola,u want him to go down with d crook? Ihe neme!...i pray u guys wont succeed,even though it looks like u will succeed
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2012
Why not behead dis f lawan according to koran n islamic laws on stealing:/ just asking o

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Demdem(m): 9:08am On Oct 25, 2012
garri_gangster:

The president is not only known worldwide has the Retardeen but also the most cursed. I wouldnt know what ur miserable father is called undecided kindly share.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by jimjones: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2012
garri_gangster:

perhaps because the president's a re*tard, i would think.
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by BabaO2: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2012
But why always harassing this Otedola and Oteh are they not Nigerians?, it is nauseating reading/hearing Otedola this Otedola that?. I dont still know the crime of Otedola for exposing somebody of unimaginably worst character that we were all earlier unknowingly celebrating.
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by drzed: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2012
rafhell:

"When he appeared before the Police yesterday, Lawan was cited in a milk colour caftan signing the register at the Force Headquarters".

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/620000-subsidy-bribe-pressure-on-police-to-charge-otedola-with-lawan/

Nigerian half-baked journalists and their grammar/spelling problems. It is sighted, NOT cited. What you hear is not what you spell.
Isn't there an editor for this story or is s/he half-baked too?
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by jimjones: 9:20am On Oct 25, 2012
drzed:

Nigerian half-baked journalists and their grammar/spelling problems. It is sighted, NOT cited. What you hear is not what you spell.
Isn't there an editor for this story or is s/he half-baked too?

lol....bredrin, just the other day, a channelstv article on their website referred to mitbot romney as the "dominican republic candidate"!!!
http://www.channelstv.com/home/category/world-news/
Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2012
The long provisioning loop continues to unwind.
For fear of a nail the shoe was lost.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan by slimyem: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2012
jim jones:

lol....bredrin, just the other day, a channelstv article on their website referred to mitbot romney as the "dominican republic candidate"!!!
http://www.channelstv.com/home/category/world-news/
lmao...cheesy
this is a joke...right??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obiano: Why I Attracted FG's Delegation To Anambra State / Ebonyi Governorship: Glory Of 2nd Tenure Shall Be Greater Than First - U Trump / Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.