Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State (17986 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Allocates N4.1b Projects To His Constituency / Boko Haram: World Bank Allocates $800m For Rebuilding North East / Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Paentera(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Point of Order. Okada was not banned. Lagos policy says you can not ride Okada on some designated highways. Apart from those designated, you can ride Okada on other roads in Lagos.

I drove past Gbagada/Soluyi today and there was no hinderance to movement of Okada. I believe this reinforces the Governor's statement that Okada has not been banned totally but their movement restricted from certain major streets of the state.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Paentera(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
Basic: Everything must be properly documented. Lagos state should not come after many years and say that the land belongs to it originally.

I will assume this statement is being made in ignorance. Now there're geographical boundaries for all states in Nigeria and the laws bringing them into creation states exactly where and what their boundaries are at.

Now that's one bit...the other bit is that Lagos state actually has similar tracts of lands in other states around the federation strictly for farming to guarantee food security for citizens of the state. I know of such lands in places like Niger, Oyo, Osun and now Ogun.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Paentera(m): 9:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
Pharoh:

You have been caught out lieing that any state adopted a particular religion as their state religion so stop patronizing me with ya brown teeths cheesy cheesy. Lol . . . And this same state can create her own traffic laws without the inputs of NASS that is unique only to it without it being replicated nationally?. Abeg make you pack well jare and you are the one adding sentiments and emotion to it by being blind to the facts on ground because you are probably yoruba or support ACN. cool

So can you tell me how leasing Lands to Zimbabwe farmers and obasanjo became illegal as those actions did not go against the land use act?.

Oga, stop being d.a.f.t. There're laws that are under the jurisdiction of the state assembly & within the purview of the governor while others revert to the NASS & President.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by ayanfeeledumare: 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
If it is illegal for a state to allocate land to another state for agricultural purposes. Then it is illegal for Ogun state to have investment in Lagos. some people are just playing stupid politics here.I hail Amosun and Fashola. God bless u.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by nduchucks: 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Prof Corruption:

States would, naturally, not go into such ventures if our businessmen are up and doing in that area. States can do business. What happens if LASG set it up and thereafter privatize it? It's not that different from government building Housing Estate and selling same to civil servants. It's all "welfarism".

When are you guys going to wise up? The same government officials who will set up The operations will buy up privatized units with looted funds a few years later.

1 Like

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Completeguy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
This is laudable move by d governors of d two states. Here is a governor who sees d need 2 produce food d citizens of his state. It's therefore no news that some caffeinated brains wl see nothing gud in dis gesture. Haters go hug transformer
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Completeguy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
This is a laudable move by d governors of d two states. Here is a governor who sees d need 2 produce food d citizens of his state. It's therefore no news that some caffeinated brains wl see nothing gud in dis gesture. Haters go hug transformer
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Desola(f): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
Pharoh:

Hope it was not allocated for free? shocked That means the federal government of Nigeria can allocate land to another African country for food production in the name of West African regional integration. Every country in west African are sovereign states and that same sovereignty applies to states within Nigeria as they are presently the federating units of the country. This move is very strange in my opinion and what becomes of this when we eventually move from state of origin to state of residence?.

This regional integration is seen from the eyes of the southwest being Yoruba populated but if we eventually move to state of residence then it is not right for a state to allocate land to another state for food production. This regional integration is becoming something else and i don't know anywhere in the world where this kind of integration happens.

Hahahahhaha....excuse me laugh o.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okoro man has started salivating and counting his blessings even before the legislation of state of residence and the abolishment of state of origin. Hahaha...this is super funny! In your dreams, you don see this spastic comment of David Mark being passed into law, abi?

I have told all of una say: The fear of Tinubu is the beginning of wisdom. Una never hear am! Dey there dey wail while the westside keeps progressing, shogbo.

Hahaha...you people better not kill somebody with lafta o.

6 Likes

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Desola(f): 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
Yes!! Amosun is waking up! My dream is coming true! If Lagos and Ogun can do it, the whole of the west will be transformed in no time!

Up Oodua!

Yeske!
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by tosank: 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
I see envy in them Okoro people. Kidding. Rather than envy this regional integration in the South West, I'd rather you people watch and learn then make your governors inSE and your leaders learn how to put their region first.

Good move, Amosun and Fashola.

Up Odua!

1 Like

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2012
You know, I'm kind of sick of Nigeria. For real.

And why are gov. given the power to allocate lands sef?

SMH. . . .moving on. . .
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by solelymade: 11:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
@ Pharoah, u'r so obstinate because u are axiomatic of ur ill-gotten brain like ur predecessor in d bible. All d views to ur argument had been flawed above reasonable doubt. For a fact, there is nothing like a sovereign state in a federation like Nigeria because we operate a federal system of govt,the term sovereignity applies to the Federation Nigeria not a territorial state within Nigeria claiming sovereignity (Ogun state is never a sovereign state not today maybe tomorrow). Also, there is absolutely no need 2 bring in the modality of law in the allocation of land vested within the jurisdiction of the Governor because allocation is at his discretion and in this case the land being allocated does not in any way pose any threat 2 d lives and economic welfare of d occupant of d vicinity rather it is for the economic good of the whole nation.
@ndu-chuck since i don know u on nairaland, ur inner eye is yet 2 see lightday.

1 Like

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Moves: 12:27am On Oct 26, 2012
This is totally wrong in my opinion based on what we know from the report.
1, Lagos State should have paid market price for this lands if they required the land, even though I don't support it.
2, It is not a good deal for Lagos state as some may think, especially in the nigerian parlance where anything can be sacrificed on the alter of politics, if the next gov is not ACN, his 1st point of call will be to revoke this land (Gov Amosun -did likewise to lands allocated by that basta..rd Gbenga Daniel)
3, It is funny how we tend to switch sides based on party affiliations, if GEJ did this the ACN goons here will start shouting the mantra "govt has no business in business" but ACN its regional integration. As someone stated earlier, lagos state has no track record in Agri Business, why invest in such a project in another state when you have projects and needs begging to be met in your domain, in saner clime we should be asking for his resignation as the money he is spending is ours.
4. As a Lagosian do I want our tax money used to create wealth and jobs in another state all in the name of regional integration whilst lagos state thousands of jobless people, roads filled with pot holes, 4th mainland bridge, traffic congestion and the list is endless. If Fashola is lacking in ideas of what next to do to secure the future of the state, he should invest in green technology making use of ocean and wind within his territory to generate energy..which will benefit lagos and create jobs for people in his domain.
5. And for those that will come up with this is a "PPP" rhetoric, will why is Lagos state involved, Ogun state has enough intellectuals in her govt cabinet to source PPP for her projects.
6. And if this is what Regional Integration is about then am glad Ondo state is not on board, investing in agriculture in another state is not regional integration.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by blasterman(m): 12:42am On Oct 26, 2012
Lagos has always been enroaching ogun state from ibeju lekki, owode oniri to 7up. Way back when there was still toll gate Lagos ended at 7up where those 3 chief statues were. The rest was ogun. It shd not bother any right thinking person why does it bother some ppl r u insecure or from ogun state do u know how much is spent on rice importation that is as simple as maize to grow.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by sokera: 3:14am On Oct 26, 2012
Completeguy: This is laudable move by d governors of d two states. Here is a governor who sees d need 2 produce food d citizens of his state. It's therefore no news that some caffeinated brains wl see nothing gud in dis gesture. Haters go hug transformer

Bros God bless you, they are only jealous of South-West rapid development, na we send them to sell their VOTE to yamayama party.... Am proud to be a YORUBA MAN... ACN we are strongly behind you...
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by sokera: 3:25am On Oct 26, 2012
Moves: This is totally wrong in my opinion based on what we know from the report.
1, Lagos State should have paid market price for this lands if they required the land, even though I don't support it.
2, It is not a good deal for Lagos state as some may think, especially in the nigerian parlance where anything can be sacrificed on the alter of politics, if the next gov is not ACN, his 1st point of call will be to revoke this land (Gov Amosun -did likewise to lands allocated by that basta..rd Gbenga Daniel)
3, It is funny how we tend to switch sides based on party affiliations, if GEJ did this the ACN goons here will start shouting the mantra "govt has no business in business" but ACN its regional integration. As someone stated earlier, lagos state has no track record in Agri Business, why invest in such a project in another state when you have projects and needs begging to be met in your domain, in saner clime we should be asking for his resignation as the money he is spending is ours.
4. As a Lagosian do I want our tax money used to create wealth and jobs in another state all in the name of regional integration whilst lagos state thousands of jobless people, roads filled with pot holes, 4th mainland bridge, traffic congestion and the list is endless. If Fashola is lacking in ideas of what next to do to secure the future of the state, he should invest in green technology making use of ocean and wind within his territory to generate energy..which will benefit lagos and create jobs for people in his domain.
5. And for those that will come up with this is a "PPP" rhetoric, will why is Lagos state involved, Ogun state has enough intellectuals in her govt cabinet to source PPP for her projects.
6. And if this is what Regional Integration is about then am glad Ondo state is not on board, investing in agriculture in another state is not regional integration.

Mr. Moves can u kindly move away from here foool , are you blind? I cant blame you your papa no get any good record to help this nation forward, ppl like you won't see the positive side of things but always negetive in everything...negative thinker...
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by sokera: 3:34am On Oct 26, 2012
ba7man: The western region is gradually workin towards political and economic integration. Unity is the foundation of progress....it isn't until you clamour for seccession that you can integrate a region.

God bless you, you are very correct but it come to think of it , doing business with someone who understand your motives and who think alike with one could help achieve ones goals faster and boost the process... It is normal .
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by sokera: 3:55am On Oct 26, 2012
Sweetdbest: If Amosun is allocating land to Fashola and handing him over also the Water Works, why is it that bot cannot repair Ikorodu Shagamu Road through Lagos State Polytechnic by Oduguyan, Ogijo road,NNPC Fasanmi to Sagamu Road? That road is a death trap that it will take you 3 to 4 hrs to go through Ogijo to Ikorodu. Fashola and Amosun held a meeting earlier this year, Fashla flew in with a private jet to Army Barracks opposite PZ Group of companies and came t Ogijo to meet with same Amosun and I now ask, why must they abandon Ogijo ? No light no water and no good road and they come only during campaign. Smosu I think you should come and see how people are suffering here and you are giving Lagos land and cannot develop yours.

That is why u are foolish, ppl like you are wanted and deserve to be in hell, you are nt seeing anything good in what the great men are doing than to show the aggressiveness generated by you pdp present on the working governors.. You are a fooooolllll. God bless Nigeria God bless South-West God bless Ogun and Lagos and God bless ACN...
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by sokera: 3:56am On Oct 26, 2012
Sweetdbest: If Amosun is allocating land to Fashola and handing him over also the Water Works, why is it that bot cannot repair Ikorodu Shagamu Road through Lagos State Polytechnic by Oduguyan, Ogijo road,NNPC Fasanmi to Sagamu Road? That road is a death trap that it will take you 3 to 4 hrs to go through Ogijo to Ikorodu. Fashola and Amosun held a meeting earlier this year, Fashla flew in with a private jet to Army Barracks opposite PZ Group of companies and came t Ogijo to meet with same Amosun and I now ask, why must they abandon Ogijo ? No light no water and no good road and they come only during campaign. Smosu I think you should come and see how people are suffering here and you are giving Lagos land and cannot develop yours.

That is why u are foolish, ppl like you are wanted and deserve to be in hell, you are nt seeing anything good in what the great men are doing than to show the aggressiveness generated by you pdp present on the working governors.. You are a fooooolllll. God bless Nigeria God bless South-West God bless Ogun and Lagos and God bless ACN...
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by sokera: 3:59am On Oct 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Common sense will prevail in the end. Whether anyone likes it or not, Mimiko is Governor for 4 more years so all stakeholders must forget past bad blood and work together for the common good.

Sincerely they are trying to bring him on board but his avoiding them, you know Ondo ppl get agidi...
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Konsult07(m): 9:18am On Oct 26, 2012
binger: Good 4 Lagos state...but how will Ogun profit 4rm this?

Its a simple arithmetic Lagos has money but no space, lagos will extend her infrastructure development to dos areas, most of dis areas are left out by ogun state govt now wit dis agreement surely thin 'll work fyn wit dat area. Imagin if korodu is under ogun state
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2012
A refresh for faltering memories.

Lagos acquires Osun land for agriculture - April 2012

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola says his administration has purchased land in Osogbo, Osun State for agriculture in order to tackle the challenge of food shortage in the state.

The governor added that the state was making moves to acquire land in other states where it would commence the planting of cash and food crops such as pineapple and citrus
Source
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2012
From a political strategic perspective in the context of regional integration it is a masterstoke;It sets a precedence for a deeper agenda and incrementally other steps and measures will follow. Whether or not it is legal is a red herring because it throws down the gauntlet to dissenters to challenge it or accept it as a fait accompli as is the case with sharia. So politically it is smart but it would be naive to expect cheap food anytime soon.LASG is NOT a farmer!!
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:43am On Oct 26, 2012
aribisala0: From a political strategic perspective in the context of regional integration it is a masterstoke;It sets a precedence for a deeper agenda and incrementally other steps and measures will follow. Whether or not it is legal is a red herring because it throws down the gauntlet to dissenters to challenge it or accept it as a fait accompli as is the case with sharia. So politically it is smart but it would be naive to expect cheap food anytime soon.LASG is NOT a farmer!!

Thank you. It's my personal opinion that the current southwest governors have a big role to play in relaying the foundations of our common heritage. Before Nigeria was, we were sons of Odua, ultimately Yorubas'
Its a shame that greed and corruption has so set us apart. Nothing stops us from having a uniform policy on education, infrastructure, health, security etc As we all know there's safety in numbers. No one knows what the future truly holds. People are begining to think of seccession, how are we preparing should it ever happen. We need to position ourselves quite well. Its should be the same across Nigeria. Atleast Nigeria to an extent faired better under the regional form of government compared to what we have now.

I was passing through Ibadan and saw a variation of LAWMA,LASAG, and even infamous LASTMA. Now oyo is taking cues from lagos. This states coming together would be able to pull different resources together.These governors are certainly not the best in characters but will they be willing to see the greater good and do the right thing? (History is certainly not in their favour)

My final verdict ACN and the path to regional governance? To be or not to be?
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2012
duplicate deleted
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2012
adewaleafolabi:

Thank you. It's my personal opinion that the current southwest governors have a big role to play in relaying the foundations of our common heritage. Before Nigeria was, we were sons of Odua, ultimately Yorubas'
Its a shame that greed and corruption has so set us apart. Nothing stops us from having a uniform policy on education, infrastructure, health, security etc As we all know there's safety in numbers. No one knows what the future truly holds. People are begining to think of seccession, how are we preparing should it ever happen. We need to position ourselves quite well. Its should be the same across Nigeria. Atleast Nigeria to an extent faired better under the regional form of government compared to what we have now.

I was passing through Ibadan and saw a variation of LAWMA,LASAG, and even infamous LASTMA. Now oyo is taking cues from lagos. This states coming together would be able to pull different resources together.These governors are certainly not the best in characters but will they be willing to see the greater good and do the right thing? (History is certainly not in their favour) My final verdict ACN and the path to regional governance? To be or not to be?
I agree that it is a political masterstroke by ACN does not mean I agree with it or that I endorse ACN let us be clear on that and integration does not have to be just with Yoruba states only. I have been very clear that I do NOT believe this will in any way lead to increased food production or that that is indeed the purpose. This move is a political manoeuvre by ACN and in that regard it is clever that does not make it good for the people. My position is; "time will tell".As Fela said; people wey no know dey happy .......,,.,.,
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:28am On Oct 26, 2012
@aribisala0
I quite understand that but let me ask you along what lines of integration would you pose instead? And about the farming thing really it wouldn't immediately increase food production, but its a good step in the right direction in ensuring food security. Lots of stuff are being grown down southwest these days, for instance i know of someone whose livelihood is producing crops like cucumbers, peppers etc and his really booming thanks in part to the Bokos. Did you know the government gives out (to farmers cooperatives) agricultural lands for a planting season for as low as 2500 -20000. And some of these lands are in lagos?
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by murtalaa(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
If i were ogun state i will sniff every inch of the land to confirm there is no oil before i hand it over to lagos. Just ask Cross river...
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by atuboweke(m): 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hmmmm! I can smell Tinubu's hand in this. He is really succeeding in converting the entire yoruba land to his private property.clueless yoruba clan,follow follow sheepishly.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by boles80sg(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
KenGali: Since when did Lagos state become an agricultural company or farm? Lagos has not developed agriculture in her own land talk less of ogun state or who said agriculture is only about growing crops. Talk of land grabs!
. U ve to get to lagos state farm settlement at Epe b4 u make ds statement
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by eaglechild: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
So many other sectors lie fallow, tourism, fishing etc
Why does it have to be sth controversial?
Lagos is not particularly the expert at agric and they dont have the land.
If they claim to have made the survey, they can provide the skills they claim to possess and Ogun will provide the land without having to "allocate" it.
A patnership can still hold without all the ado.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tribunal: INEC Provides Atiku, PDP With Requested Documents / Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde / Justice Adolphus Karibi-Whyte Dies At 88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.