Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State (17987 Views)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Allocates N4.1b Projects To His Constituency / Boko Haram: World Bank Allocates $800m For Rebuilding North East / Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by EkoIle1: 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
Governments give out land to investors investing in their state all the time. They even give them tax breaks. This is a win win situation for both states and I hope this get replicated all over the SW.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
adewaleafolabi: @aribisala0
I quite understand that but let me ask you along what lines of integration would you pose instead? And about the farming thing really it wouldn't immediately increase food production, but its a good step in the right direction in ensuring food security. Lots of stuff are being grown down southwest these days, for instance i know of someone whose livelihood is producing crops like cucumbers, peppers etc and his really booming thanks in part to the Bokos. Did you know the government gives out (to farmers cooperatives) agricultural lands for a planting season for as low as 2500 -20000. And some of these lands are in lagos?
Instead Instead of what?

Is giving out land integration? In order to answer that question one should ask what benefits are anticipated from integration. Integration afterall is not some gratuitous and nebulous end like nirvana or heaven there must be a reason.
For start Integration should have a vision and can cover

Security e.g share information logistics
Infrastucture : Joint planning budgeting and contracting e.g planning the aviation needs,health needs rail needs etc could have a regional focus in terms of envisioning and delivery
Excess capacity in a sector in one state could be anticipated and diverted to others either tactically or strategically this could mean a single ministry/department e.g for agriculture with synergies across states . Doctors may travel from state to state to carry out planned operations like cataracts hernias e.g
Environmental/Natural disaster management

There is today more integration in the EU than bewteen Nigerian states
Businesses have been forming partnerships for ever so there is no big deal to "integration" The key ideas are optimization and synergizing there is no evidence that a gift is in anyway an integration strategy and Ogun state have not foreclosed on Akwa Ibom(a state with whom they have no integration vision) buying land for agriculture so we must conclude that if it is truly about integration then agriculture is just a front since Lagos has littele agriculture expertise compared to Plateau or Nassarawa states.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Pharoh: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
^^

God bless you the posts above.

I won't be surprised if in the near future we start hearing about fasola or tinubu farms like obasanjo farms came to be.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by emiye(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
Former PDP governor Gbenga Daniel allocated 5 times of this(2,500 hectares) to an individual Obasanjo in unclear terms. You can google out that. I hope the land is put in to good use and not left fallow.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Moves: 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
aribisala0:
Instead Instead of what?

Is giving out land integration? In order to answer that question one should ask what benefits are anticipated from integration. Integration afterall is not some gratuitous and nebulous end like nirvana or heaven there must be a reason.

Infrastucture : Joint planning budgeting and contracting e.g planning the aviation needs,health needs rail needs etc could have a regional focus in terms of envisioning and delivery
Excess capacity in a sector in one state could be anticipated and diverted to others either tactically or strategically this could mean a single ministry/department e.g for agriculture with synergies across states . Doctors may travel from state to state to carry out planned operations like cataracts hernias e.g

Businesses have been forming partnerships for ever so there is no big deal to "integration" The key ideas are optimization and synergizing there is no evidence that a gift is in anyway an integration strategy and Ogun state have not foreclosed on Akwa Ibom(a state with whom they have no integration vision) buying land for agriculture so we must conclude that if it is truly about integration then agriculture is just a front since Lagos has littele agriculture expertise compared to Plateau or Nassarawa states.

Thank God, not everyone is like this dude below, @ Sokera read above and learn. Nigerians enjoy jumping on the bandwagon of any mantra - now its Regional Integration, we had vision 2020 - without questioning or investigating what it portends. AribisalaO - what you stated above is an indication of what regional Integration should be about.. not some frivolous land allocation. Its sad that when someone criticizes an ACN policy or plan, your immediately become a pessimist. Same lagos state has been known to deport other yoruba's to their state of origin, now the only thing that has changed its those state has now become govern by ACN and we are now being sold a dubious mantra of regional integration, little wonder Mimiko raised the question that can regional integration only be achieved based on ACN party affiliation.
I am pro regional integration and most sympathetic to ACN in comparison to any other nigerian political party, but I would not allow such to becloud my judgement @ Sokera you have a lot to learn.

sokera:

Mr. Moves can u kindly move away from here foool , are you blind? I cant blame you your papa no get any good record to help this nation forward, ppl like you won't see the positive side of things but always negetive in everything...negative thinker...
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Ufeolorun(m): 8:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
These criticisms are becoming senseless by the day,what could flipping go wrong in giving out a probably unused ground in an orderly fashion!?
If i had my way i would collapse the six south western states into a single state -yes just one governor
These long winded faffs aren't necessary.
500 hectares of land? wait till we collapse Ogun into Lagos. Mariwo leri o,Egun nbo! grin( relax !the masquerade isn't out yet,you are just seeing the trace of it)
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
PStylish:

ibo man.What's your own sef? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? na wa for you o.
omo ale ni e. Sango lo ma paa iya re
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
aribisala0:
Instead Instead of what?

I believe you've answered this yourself already, its quite clear that this action simply has other undertones. And the gesture is just a pretex for what is to come. Let's face it Nigeria is a country in which tribal identity plays an huge role. It is delusional to continue to think of a truly unified Nigeria. I quite understand that integration comes in several forms, economic, social and even political. And they go hand-in-hand. Like I said earlier, the Federal system has failed woefully, it doesn't work and there's no point of still hanging on to it (but then again lots of people are still feeding off its dying body). What Nigeria needs is simply a regional form of governance. And if some are crying what would be their fate let them embark on development of their own zones instead of looting, and causing unnecessary deaths.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2012
aribisala0:
Instead Instead of what?

I believe you've answered this yourself already, its quite clear that this action simply has other undertones. And the gesture is just a pretex for what is to come. Let's face it Nigeria is a country in which tribal identity plays an huge role. It is delusional to continue to think of a truly unified Nigeria. I quite understand that integration comes in several forms, economic, social and even political. And they go hand-in-hand. Like I said earlier, the Federal system has failed woefully, it doesn't work and there's no point of still hanging on to it (but then again lots of people are still feeding off its dying body). What Nigeria needs is simply a regional form of governance. And if some are crying what would be their fate let them embark on development of their own zones instead of looting, and causing unnecessary deaths.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
if we agree on that the next question we must ask is who are these people whom we wish to entrust with our destiny? What are they about or is it just ok to rally around the O'dua slogan.Is that enough for us to suspend thought and scrutiny?certainly events in Ondo recently should snap us out of the mesmerism. integration and ACN are not mutually indispensable
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by adewaleafolabi(m): 2:45am On Oct 27, 2012
aribisala0: if we agree on that the next question we must ask is who are these people whom we wish to entrust with our destiny? What are they about or is it just ok to rally around the O'dua slogan.Is that enough for us to suspend thought and scrutiny?certainly events in Ondo recently should snap us out of the mesmerism. integration and ACN are not mutually indispensable

We all (most people anyway) know Nigeria is a place where common sense has become a myth, and that's we both can safely agree time would tell. But like I said earlier History and the antecedents of these set of people isn't doing them any good at all. ACN,PDP,LP have 1 thing in common CORRUPTION. So my argument isn't about what would happen rather its about what CAN happen or better put possibilities.

Another dimension might just be private corporations having contracts and holdings across SW. For instance a single company with 'links' might just secure waste disposal across SW, or the 'wonderful' powers behind LIRS might just decide to expand operations or give out franchise for others to kick off in some states.

Trust is something our leaders can't earn from moi or any sensible* Nigerian that easily.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Standing5(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2012
I think those asking after the welfare of the locals involved in this land transfer have a good case. What is in it for the locals who had settled down in the Allocated land? We need more transparency in these good policies.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2012
PStylish:

Mad man. Go and commit suicide if you are not okay with the move.
na your mother and father go commit suicide if AIDS no kill dem
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
PStylish:

akin dani dani ni e,sugomu alata,dobodi yes sir,o go o fe nu'n ho ra, gbewu dani, ashiere.

You are a bedsharer and as such cannot place much value on your mum.

You are a da.f.t yoruba wannabe. Product of leaking condom.

Iya re ni Alabe riro to to Ako fansi oko a layi oju ti
iwo de ke re oloriburuku oni loyun si gege
gege na lo si pa e
elebi! iri a gbe awon to ni e a wa e ti
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
PStylish:

You are bedsharer. chikena.

You stink!!!
Iboje a bo tere je a ti ti Ye re
Iboje
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Standing5(m): 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
^^Lol
^^Lol
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by nduchucks: 12:58am On Oct 28, 2012
Governments give out land to investors investing in their state all the time. They even give them tax breaks. This is a win win situation for both states and I hope this get replicated all over the SW.

They keyword above is "investors". When did state governments become experts in Agribusiness and investors in such ventures?

While there is nothing wrong with state governments working hard to encourage job creation opportunities, within their states, when states enter into the kind of agreements in this case, and shroud the details of the agreement in secrecy, in becomes incumbent upon reasonable citizens to demand transparency and details.

If some of you are not outright dumb, you'd be asking for transparency while praising the deal. Not doing that suggests that you may be part of the thieves who typically use these deals to enrich themselves.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 4:17am On Oct 28, 2012
PStylish:

You are a bedsharer.chikena.

You stink!!!

Your mother is scum and should be euthanized
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Gbawe: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

They keyword above is "investors". When did state governments become experts in Agribusiness and investors in such ventures?

While there is nothing wrong with state governments working hard to encourage job creation opportunities, within their states, when states enter into the kind of agreements in this case, and shroud the details of the agreement in secrecy, in becomes incumbent upon reasonable citizens to demand transparency and details.

If some of you are not outright dumb, you'd be asking for transparency while praising the deal. Not doing that suggests that you may be part of the thieves who typically use these deals to enrich themselves.

Look, you and others have been indulged enough with your shenanigans restricted to focusing on negatives you are using to disguise whatever motivate your pessimistic input here. You should not be calling others "dumb" when you obdurately flog a dead Horse out of ignorance.

Amosun is empowered to do this. Read the submission of a legal Practitioner below and move on. The obstinate focus on negatives on this forum is getting really tedious. If you and others want to keep up your pedantic distractions, then show how this move is wrong in legality. What 'transparency' are you bleating about? Why don't you establish factually that lack of transparency was evident in this action and bring conclusive proof here instead of accusing others frivolously and ignorantly over what they are legally empowered to do?

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101008:safest-means-of-purchasing-urban-land&catid=42:law&Itemid=600

Safest means of purchasing urban land
TUESDAY, 09 OCTOBER 2012 00:00 BY ONYEKACHI UMAH FEATURES - LAW

IN the last edition I wrote on “Safest means of purchasing rural land” which dwelt on the purchase of land under customary law, which often occurs in our villages. I highlighted the legal requirements and steps to a successful land transaction under such law. Now is time for us to take a deep dive into land transaction under our statutory law. It is for land transactions in our towns and cities. I urge you to learn as much as you can and save yourself embarrassments.

Purchase/sell under statutory law

The most popular means of purchasing land in Nigeria is through her statutory laws. It is purchase according to the Acts and Laws invoke at a particular time in Nigeria. Statutory law in this context means Acts enacted by the National Assembly and Laws enacted by different State’s Houses of Assembly of Federal Republic of Nigeria. All purchase of land in Nigeria under statutory law must be in strict observance of the provisions of Constitution of Nigeria, Land Use Act 1978, Conveyancing Act 1881 (for lands located in the southern and northern parts of Nigeria only except Abia and Rivers States), the Property and Conveyancing Laws (lands located in former western Region of Nigeria, parts of Lagos inclusive), Registration of Titles law (for some part of Lagos State; (Lagos old colonies; Victoria Island, Jibowu, Ikoyi, Yaba and parts of Mushi) and Stamp Duties Act among others.

The above prevailing Acts have placed lots of restriction for transactions under the statutory law. The restrictions are mandatory.

Restrictions on transactions under statutory law

[size=14pt]Consent of the Governor of the State where the land is located is required before any alienation sale and transfer.[/size] The Governor of the State cannot grant consent to the sale of land to any person under the age of 21 years old.

A non-Nigerian cannot be granted a right of occupancy except with the approval of the National Council of States.

Land and property owned by government authorities, ministries and departments require the consent of the minister-in-charge as provided in their enabling legislation.

Certificates of occupancy often restrict the purpose and use of concerned land.

Environmental, town planning laws and regulations restrict the sale of land at certain areas due to planning and hygiene reasons.

Any sale or purchase of land done in flagrant disregard of the above restrictions is null and void (invalid).

A valid land transaction under the statutes has 3 stages/steps. None of the 3 steps can be avoided and one comes after another. Below is a step-by-step guide toward a valid purchase of land under the law.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by nduchucks: 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
Gbawe:

Look, you and others have been indulged enough with your shenanigans restricted to focusing on negatives you are using to disguise whatever motivate your pessimistic input here. You should not be calling others "dumb" when you obdurately flog a dead Horse out of ignorance.

Amosun is empowered to do this. Read the submission of a legal Practitioner below and move on. The obstinate focus on negatives on this forum is getting really tedious. If you and others want to keep up your pedantic distractions, then show how this move is wrong in legality. What 'transparency' are you bleating about? Why don't you establish factually that lack of transparency was evident in this action and bring conclusive proof here instead of accusing others frivolously and ignorantly over what they are legally empowered to do?

Oga, I don't know of your own motives for being willing to turn a blind eye for what has become the systematic looting of state and federal treasuries by your leaders. You are beginning to sound like one of the apologists of the looters by giving the impression that, as long as they generate income for the state, they do not need to be transparent. In other words, the end justifies the means.

Look, I am not questioning whether Amosun has the right or authority to do what he did, but for goodness' sake, why can't you people demand to know whether the land in question was leased or sold? What's the big secret here? Can you point me to a website or other repository where I can obtain the details of this transaction? If you cannot find those details and post them, then you would have made my case for me. My problem with this whole affair is the lack of transparency, you can take up other issues with the appropriate posters.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Gbawe: 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Oga, I don't know of your own motives for being willing to turn a blind eye for what has become the systematic looting of state and federal treasuries by your leaders. You are beginning to sound like one of the apologists of the looters by giving the impression that, as long as they generate income for the state, they do not need to be transparent. In other words, the end justifies the means.

Look, I am not questioning whether Amosun has the right or authority to do what he did, but for goodness' sake, why can't you people demand to know whether the land in question was leased or sold? What's the big secret here? Can you point me to a website or other repository where I can obtain the details of this transaction? If you cannot find those details and post them, then you would have made my case for me. My problem with this whole affair is the lack of transparency, you can take up other issues with the appropriate posters.

Look, simply stop the pedantism. It is baseless and you don't really have a point. What demands do you want us to make? An article States that Amosun has made land available for Lagos and you immediately embrace negativity to focus on only criminality.

Use the FOI and petition relevant bodies for information before you come here making other forumers your default 'information Minister' and/or expecting them to be routinely negative as you are.

learn to respect the fact that some work with the preference of interpreting presented information without embellishment or making inference not supported by what is written. Because certians are not stipulated does not give you or anyone else the right to begin shouting "foul play".

Some of us , as balanced and objective folks given to working with facts available , restrict ourselves to commenting within the limit of the information we are provided with. Unlike you, if I believed anything shady is going on, I would seek information proving this and present it here. I won't lamely be petitioning other forumers to be unthinkingly negative at my non-factual instigation and on the strength of my words alone.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by nduchucks: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Gbawe:

Use the FOI and petition relevant bodies for information before you come here making other forumers your default 'information Minister' and/or expecting them to be routinely negative as you are.

Here we have an intellectual accepting the disgraceful notion that FOI needs to be used to request for information which should have been very public in the first place. If the fact that ordinary details such as whether the land was leased or sold, is not public, and you do not see anything wrong with that but believe that FOI should be used to obtain such, then I'm afraid they will continue to rob you blind. Lets hope you are not one of them, because one day go be one day.
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by aribisala0(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
What FOI? in Ogun state? when was this legislated? Which intellectual? where? Abeg Please let me hear word!
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by ikeyman00(m): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
@@@

hope this move is well documented for all to see cool

no fishy buizness aight
Re: Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State by Pharoh: 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
Lol funny that some peeps were thinking that we are questioning the legality or right of a governor to sell a land that is under his domain. I am specifically saying that it is wrong to lease land to another state government as the law only allows you to lease or sell to individuals and organisations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Observes Immunization Of Babies In Ethiopia - Photos / Peter Obi Avoids Scheduling Presidential Rallies On Mondays In The South East / No Exit Date Yet For First Batch Of N-power Beneficiaries — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.