Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? (6298 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by topsy1971: 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dear All,
Kindly voice your opinion on this Topic> I like to know if it's ideal for a christian to accept and eat salah meat from his muslim neighbours.
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by k2039: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
I'm a christian and I'm gonna eat sallah meat,

That I eat the meat doesnt mean I'm celebrating their festival,besides it's not like the meat is impure.

Besides the question on 25th of december will be 'is it right for muslims to accept gifts from christians',lol
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by Rich4god(m): 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
Meat is meat... Whether sallah meat or pagan meat.
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by Bolinco(m): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
Rich4god: Meat is meat... Whether sallah meat or pagan meat.
NO SIR!!cow is cow,ram is ram,but meat is nt meat.@op,it is advicesable 4 a christain to eat sallah meat,becouse d name of Allah (bismillahi allau'akbar),is call b 4 d killing take place.
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by pastormustwacc: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
My inner-mind tells me not to eat salah meat, so i am not eating it anymore.
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by OmoAlata(f): 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Bless the food and eat wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by Image123(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
1Co 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
1Co 8:7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
1Co 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
1Co 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
1Co 8:10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
1Co 8:11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
1Co 8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
1Co 8:13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by alexleo(m): 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
topsy1971: Dear All,
Kindly voice your opinion on this Topic> I like to know if it's ideal for a christian to accept and eat salah meat from his muslim neighbours.

Nonsense meat. I couldnt care about it.
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by 0773H: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
Image123:
1Co 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one
1Co 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
1Co 8:7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
1Co 8:8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
1Co 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
1Co 8:10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
1Co 8:11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
1Co 8:12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
1Co 8:13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Acts 15:28-29 NLT
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit
and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these few requirements
29 You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood
or the meat of strangled animals, and from intimate immorality.
If you do this, you will do well. Farewell."

Acts 21:25 NLT
"As for the Gentile believers, they should do what we already told them in a letter:
They should abstain from eating food offered to idols
from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals,
and from intimate immorality."

Acts 21:25 KJV
And concerning the Gentiles who believe,
we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing,
except only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols
and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication

Same Paul said NO in Acts 15:28-29 and Acts 21:25

1 Co 8:4-13 must have been after the Peter vision if not why now the "Paul turning a blind eye to eating food offered to idols" stance.
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by CrazyMan(m): 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
@Op
Its not ok...infact its very wrong for a christian to eat sallah meat.

Passages of the scriptures have been provided already to back up our stand, so I need not post any again.
Re: Is It Okay For Christian To Eat Salah Meat? by Image123(m): 12:09am On Oct 26, 2012
0773H:

Acts 15:28-29 NLT
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit
and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these few requirements
29 You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood
or the meat of strangled animals, and from intimate immorality.
If you do this, you will do well. Farewell."

Acts 21:25 NLT
"As for the Gentile believers, they should do what we already told them in a letter:
They should abstain from eating food offered to idols
from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals,
and from intimate immorality."

Acts 21:25 KJV
And concerning the Gentiles who believe,
we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing,
except only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols
and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication

Same Paul said NO in Acts 15:28-29 and Acts 21:25

1 Co 8:4-13 must have been after the Peter vision if not why now the "Paul turning a blind eye to eating food offered to idols" stance.

I won't call it a blind eye, but rather a clear exposition, that very much leans on the 'don't eat' side. Read the whole book too for good measure.

(1) (Reply)

United States Discovered In Bible Prophecy / I Was Almost A Victim Of Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo - Franca. / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.