Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,518 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Mistakes Made On EID. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mistakes Made On EID. (4700 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha / Guide On How To Slaughter Your Ram On Eid Il Adha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes Made On EID. by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 26, 2012
As Eid is approaching, we would like to point out some things that some people do out of ignorance of the laws of Allaah and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). These include the following:

1 – The belief of some that it is prescribed to spend the night of Eid in worship.

Some people believe that it is prescribed to spend the night of Eid in worship. This is a kind of innovation (bid’ah) that is not proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Rather it was narrated in a da’eef (weak) hadeeth which says, “Whoever stays up on the night of Eid, his heart will not die on the day when hearts die.” This hadeeth is not saheeh. It was narrated via two isnaads, one of which is mawdoo’ (fabricated) and the other is da’eef jiddan (very weak). See Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Da’eefah wa’l-Mawdoo’ah by al-Albaani, 520, 521.

It is not prescribed to single out the night of Eid to pray qiyaam to the exclusion of all other nights, unlike the one whose habit it is to pray qiyaam, in which case there is nothing wrong with him praying qiyaam on the night of Eid.
2 – Visiting graves on the two Eid days.

This is contrary to the purpose of Eid which is to express joy and happiness, and it goes against the teaching of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the actions of the salaf. It comes under the general meaning of the Prophet’s prohibition on visiting graves on a specific day and making that like a festival, as the scholars stated.

See Ahkaam al-Janaa’iz wa Bida’uha by al-Albaani, p. 219, 258.

3 – Forsaking the jamaa’ah and sleeping late and missing the prayer.

Unfortunately you see some of the Muslims missing the prayer and forsaking the jamaa’ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that stands between us and them is the prayer; whoever forsakes it is a kaafir.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2621; al-Nasaa’i, 463; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

And he said: “The most burdensome prayers for the hypocrites are the ‘Isha’ and Fajr prayers. If they knew (what goodness) there is in them, they would come to them even if they had to crawl. I had thought of ordering the call to prayer to be given, then I would tell a man to lead the people in prayer, then I would go, taking some men with me carrying bundles of wood, to people who do not attend the prayer, and would burn their houses down around them.” Narrated by Muslim, 65

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by mancheeutd(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2012
Ok next pls
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by dridowu: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2012
May ALLAH increase your knowledge

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by seedord247(m): 10:00am On Oct 26, 2012
dridowu: May ALLAH increase your knowledge

Ameen. shocked

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by shaneroberts26: 10:11am On Oct 26, 2012
Hia.Ho b dis ones?
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by ParisLove2(f): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2012
mancheeutd: Ok next pls
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by bolaino(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2012
u get mind o, u no dey fear, u want make the wrath of boko haram descend on u?
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by Profkomolafe(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2012
Lastly,killing rams witout remembering Nlanders

4 Likes

Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by Tos87(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2012
*to those it may concern*
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by bsteadfast: 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
Masha Allah. Salam upon You.
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by abuabdulhaqq(m): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ mancheeutd u are a fool
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by ashson: 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
if u dnt hav anythn to do with this just shut ur mouth. it doesnt concern u, live your life and let others live theirs!

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by mancheeutd(m): 12:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
abu abdul haqq: @ mancheeutd u are a fool

Thunder fire you, you this stupid slowpoke hw has my post affected you if its nt ok you will comment nw that its ok u still ♓A̶̲̥̅√ε to type rubbish fool

To my muslim brothers may Allah accept our prayers and give us more grace to many more festive yrs ma salaam
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by Birniwa(m): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
Tos87: *to those it may concern*
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If it doesn't concern u, I wonder what the f**k u're doing here, capital idiot! I can't just get it why some peeps won't learn to mind their business.
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by zezebabyxoxo: 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ok
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by xcubed(m): 12:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Birniwa:

If it doesn't concern u, I wonder what the f**k u're doing here, capital idiot! I can't just get it why some peeps won't learn to mind their business.

Maybe people will learn to mind their business when Boko Haram stops killing church goers and killing people instead of rams. Am sure you can relate that with the anger of non muslims.

You obviously won't hear of any bomb blast today, but just wait till Christmas, and then you expect people to mind their business right?! Come on!

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by molli(f): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
Birniwa:

abi oo.na so e dy take start.always causing trouble.now,another religeous war wil start rearing its ugly head.
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by deols(f): 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
Entertaining guests the haram way. E.g serving alcohol
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by irecruit(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
NICE ARTICLE, BUT ALL THESE MISTAKES, ARE THEY REAL
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
na wa o. this topic made the homepage for about 8hrs now yet less views and less than 20 comments

Viewing this topic: toba and 6 guest(s)
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
[b]Addendum,[/b]1. Drinking to stupor in a beer parlour and going back home late drunk
2. Dating a man/woman to hotel for ............etc
Re: Mistakes Made On EID. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2012
4unme: [b]Addendum,[/b]1. Drinking to stupor in a beer parlour and going back home late drunk
2. Dating a man/woman to hotel for ............etc
this happened yesterday and will also happen today

(1) (Reply)

Animals, Even The Birds / Women Prove Islam Wrong / Children And Good Behaviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.