Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! (5872 Views)

Sura Yasin, Ayah 51-53 And Punishment Of The Grave. / Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by tbaba1234: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2012
Over the last few months, i have been studying the Quran. It is just a basic study, nothing too deep. Trying to finish studying by the end of the year, insha Allah.

I am currently in surah al Furqaan (25),so more than half of the Quran, alhamdulilah. I studied an ayah yesterday that scared me stiff, I immediately became cold and my heart was beating faster . This is an ayah that i have read many times but it never had that much of an impact on me. It took me hours to get over the fright and i am not fully over it.

Allah relays a statement of the prophet on the day of resurrection (roughly translated):

The Messenger has said, ‘Master, my nation no doubt, they took this Quran and they abandoned it. (Surah 25:30)

In surah hajj, we learnt that the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) would testify against us, this surah tells us so what the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) will say

In surah Hajj, Allah says(roughly translated):

Strive hard for God as is His due: He has chosen you and placed no hardship in your religion, the faith of your forefather Abraham. God has called you Muslims––both in the past and in this [message]––so that the Messenger can bear witness about you and so that you can bear witness about other people. So keep up the prayer, give the prescribed alms, and seek refuge in God: He is your protector––an excellent protector and an excellent helper (surah Hajj:78)

We do not want to be amongst those that the prophet will make this kind of testimony against, We do not want to be part of this testimony.

Now, let's put things in proper perspective so that we understand why this is so scary. The prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)does not even have to ask Allah, The prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) just looked at the sky and Allah changed the Qibla. Allah records it in the Quran (roughly translated).

Many a time We have seen you [Prophet] turn your face towards Heaven, so We are turning you towards a prayer direction that pleases you........... (Surah 2:144)

He doesn't even have to ask, he looks at the sky and Allah, the exalted changed the Qibla. That was it. The ayah came down, now billions of people on the planet face that one direction and Allah says he changed it so that the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) could be pleased because He saw the prophet turning to the Sky.

This is when the messenger doesn't even open his mouth. Imagine the kind of trouble that a person is in, when the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) opens his mouth and says: they abandoned the Quran. oh man! . Put this in perspective, It is such a serious matter.

The obligation, a muslim owes to the Quran is such a serious matter. A muslim should not die and look back at his life saying: I abandoned the Quran.

Because, this is such an important matter, Spreading an understanding of the Quran, Creating a curiosity about the Quran is so important.

So many muslims are not even curious about the Quran, they don't even care to know. This worries me a lot. The few muslims that are actually studying the Quran have to be the ones that go on a campaign to make the Quran common place amongst muslims. It is so vital.

I could not get this ayah out of my head for hours. It is such a serious issue. We are supposed to give this to the rest of humanity and the vast majority of the Ummah is sleeping. We have to wake the ummah up, We have to bring them back to the Quran.

We do not want anyone that we know, family or friend to rise on that day and the messenger gives that kind of testimony about them.

The next ayah makes it even more scary, Allah says:

but We have always appointed adversaries from the criminals, for every prophet: Your master is sufficient guide and helper. (surah 25:31)

Here, apart from the mushrikun of mecca, Allah is also saying here that if you claim to be follower of the prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) and you don't take the Quran seriously, then know that every prophet was given traitors. Every prophet were given those who abandoned the message. Allah emphasizes that this book is sufficient as a guide.

The ayah was originally talking to the mushrik of mecca and if you study classical tafsir, you will find their crimes

i. They refused to listen to it

ii. They refused to try to understand it

iii. They didn't want to learn anything about it

iv. They didn't care about its teachings

v. They made fun of what it had to say

If you look at the list of crimes pointed out by the scholars, who does this describe today...

Just like the Quraish was the prophet nation, We are also his nation. So we are included in this statement

May Allah guide us all !!

Eid Mubarak!!

1 Like

Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by acidtalk: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2012
You are so on point.
They will rather toy with their blackberry, DSTV remote and some gossip magazine than carry the Holy Book to read.

1 Like

Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by tbaba1234: 8:51am On Oct 26, 2012
^Scary stuff
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by joey4jo: 10:09am On Oct 26, 2012
Yes my brother, its scary!
I mean imagine when the phophets and messangers from the Adam down to to Isa (As)would be asked to intercede on behalf of the ummah, but they will not want to face Allah. After consulting they will go meet the next one.
Finally they will meet The phrophet (saw) and he will intercede..
This is the scary part, Allah will only grant when He wills or pleases. All this happen over thousands of years, standing under the sun brought so close to the head.
Just imagine standing under the sun now for just 24 hours and it is millions of miles away.
Just imagine, from how you saidn just looking at the sky and the direction is changed, now after intercedeing only when Allah pleases.
There's a lot to be scared about. Let's just keep praying for Allahs mercy,forgive us for mistakes we have made knowingly and unknowingly and may He guide us aright.
HAPPY EID!!!

1 Like

Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by LagosShia: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
@Tbaba

You really have a lot to be scared of after you examine this (pay attention to the highlighted)

And in Sunan al-Tirmidhi 5/663 No. 3788, it is narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his family) said: I am leaving among you that which if you hold onto you will never go astray after me. One of them is greater than the other. It is the Book of Allah, a rope stretching from the heaven to the earth. The other is my itrah, my Ahl al-Bayt. The two will never be separated until they reach me at the Pond. Watch closely how you treat them both after me.

Now read this:

"Separating The Qur'an From The Family (the Ahlul-bayt (as)"
https://www.nairaland.com/639950/separating-quran-family-ahlul-bayt

Don't be among those their works will avail them not.

(Holy Quran 18:104)
"[They are] those whose effort is lost in worldly life, while they think that they are doing well in work."
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by tbaba1234: 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
deleted
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by siddiq202(m): 12:58am On Oct 27, 2012
@op
I'm guilty of some points you raised. I couldn't believe I shed tears. May Allah make it easy for us.
Jazakallahu khairan for drawing our attention to it.
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by tbaba1234: 2:48am On Oct 27, 2012
wa iyyakum bro, Ameen!
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by maclatunji: 6:16am On Oct 27, 2012
tbaba1234: deleted

Funny but understandable.

@Topic, you're so right. May Allah make it easy for us to please him.
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by tbaba1234: 10:53am On Dec 10, 2012
A reminder
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by zayhal(f): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2012
Just seeing this. Thanks for the reminder.
Re: The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! by tbaba1234: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
It seems i am not the only one that gets goose bumps....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxEBXvOv54

(1) (Reply)

Thrilling Things To Do These Eid Holidays / Sheikh Abdullahi Abba Zaria!!! The Best Quaran Reciter!!!! / Forgive Without Seeking Retaliation Or Revenge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.