Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Scammers On Nairaland - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Scammers On Nairaland (2455 Views)

Alert Scammers On Olx!!! / Scammers On Google Trader / User Names Of Scammers On Nairaland. Pls Read Before U Make Any Deals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2012
this a message and advise to all nairalanders who buy and sell

IF YOU WANNA SELL A PRODUCT, PLS WRITE YOUR ADDRESS/LOCATION, PHONE NO, UPLOAD RECENT PHOTOS AND STATE IF ITS USED OR BRAND NEW

AND FOR THOSE WHO WANNA BUY, IT ADVISABLE TO GO TO THE LOCATION, OR BETTER STILL MEET IN YOUR PREFERED LOCATION E.G EATRIES / RESTURANT, AND ALSO CHECK PRODUCT BEFORE PAYMENT. ANYBODY WHO SAYS YOU SHOULD PAY ONLINE AND IT WILL BE DELIVERED IS A BLOOD FUCKING SCAMMER!

ONE LOVE 9JA
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by naijathings(m): 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
i bet 500naira that many people will read this as many others have done. I bet another 500naira that many others will fall to sale scams here just as many others have done.

1 Like

Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Suntemi(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
youngbilly1: this a message and advise to all nairalanders.

ANYBODY WHO SAYS YOU SHOULD PAY ONLINE AND IT WILL BE DELIVERED IS A BLOOD FUCKING SCAMMER!

ONE LOVE 9JA

Hmm not everyone. I've done several deals on Nairaland without seeing the buyers. There are many reliable sellers on Nairaland as there are scammers too. One needs to investigate whoever one is dealing with.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
youngbilly1: this a message and advise to all nairalanders who buy and sell

IF YOU WANNA SELL A PRODUCT, PLS WRITE YOUR ADDRESS/LOCATION, PHONE NO, UPLOAD RECENT PHOTOS AND STATE IF ITS USED OR BRAND NEW

AND FOR THOSE WHO WANNA BUY, IT ADVISABLE TO GO TO THE LOCATION, OR BETTER STILL MEET IN YOUR PREFERED LOCATION E.G EATRIES / RESTURANT, AND ALSO CHECK PRODUCT BEFORE PAYMENT. ANYBODY WHO SAYS YOU SHOULD PAY ONLINE AND IT WILL BE DELIVERED IS A BLOOD FUCKING SCAMMER!

ONE LOVE 9JA
Most of the people that are my customers and that we have done business through Nairaland I have not met physically although we transact business regularly.

The fact that some people are scammers does not necessarilly mean that everyone is a scammer.

I must say there are still honest ones out here.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
So how can one know the honest people?
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
sun_temi:

Hmm not everyone. I've done several deals on Nairaland without seeing the buyers. There are many reliable sellers on Nairaland as there are scammers too. One needs to investigate whoever one is dealing with.

a friend of mine still got scammered by someone who he has been transacting business with, he had never seen this person, the 1st,2nd,3rd transaction was successful the last they scooped him of N80,000 is that good!..
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by ogokam: 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
@youngbilly1, the guy selling the phone U termed chinko, how U know say na chinko cos I wan buy am. Pls reply
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
ogokam: @youngbilly1, the guy selling the phone U termed chinko, how U know say na chinko cos I wan buy am. Pls reply

did you see the photos he uploaded? If you did, did you notice the application icons look at them very very well don't they look like chinko?...thats not how n iphone 4s icon look like and i called him to explain why he wants to sell the phone that i notice thats not the original, he told me na confirm original dey use memory card hahaha wtf...well tho bother yourself buying it, if you check the post you'll see he has changed the title, and whatever..those are people tryna scam.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Suntemi(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2012
youngbilly1:

a friend of mine still got scammered by someone who he has been transacting business with, he had never seen this person, the 1st,2nd,3rd transaction was successful the last they scooped him of N80,000 is that good!..

I'm speechless then. But all I know is; there are still many honest sellers on this forum.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by tunjiano: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2012
WIZOBLAZE/SUNNEX(sucess kingsley okoro) He is d same person if U luk at his PIN and number it's d same tin he wil tel U he's in PH,he is a big CRIMINAL/SCAMMER on NAIRALAND jst b aware of him,infact he is stil wit my 10k jst dnt even knw hw sent d moni 2 him
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by tunjiano: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2012
sun_temi:

I'm speechless then. But all I know is; there are still many honest sellers on this forum.
they are nt many only few of them,they are spoiling NL image
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by ochukoccna: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2012
How can NL be made saner for business transactions then? embarassed
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Suntemi(m): 7:40am On Oct 27, 2012
I think there should be a thread that should discuss sellers Nlers had had deals with in the past. That way risks will be minimal. Just a suggestion though.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2012
ochukoccna: How can NL be made saner for business transactions then? embarassed

I think there should be a kind of a seperate and more thorough registration for those intending to do business on Nairaland. This process will capture much more specific data of the person who wants to sell on Nairaland.

In the event of any kind of problem that individual would be easier to trace.

Although I know that it will be very difficult to completely remove scammers(people are scammed even in real life face to face situations) I think it will reduce the incidence of scammers.

More contributionns are seriously welcome, especially from honest and sincere sellers like me and also prospective buyers of anything.

We should not allow these people to destroy this place for us.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by moonme(m): 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
tunjiano: WIZOBLAZE/SUNNEX(sucess kingsley okoro) He is d same person if U luk at his PIN and number it's d same tin he wil tel U he's in PH,he is a big CRIMINAL/SCAMMER on NAIRALAND jst b aware of him,infact he is stil wit my 10k jst dnt even knw hw sent d moni 2 him
post the number and pins so we cud take note of it
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by bawssZbawss: 12:34pm On Oct 27, 2012
@younbily and @tunji pls post the contacts,numbers and pins of this people so we newbies wont fall prey of this scammers.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by tunjiano: 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
moonme: post the number and pins so we cud take note of it
jst search those names nd compare or check my posts in my profile,funniest part of it is dat dat guy called me 2day nd promised 2 snd me bk d moni on monday morning 2 my acct bt stil hope he wil cos hv even 4goten abt d moni
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2012
If i catch anyone face to face that aluu go happen for lagos..they think say na them smart pass...
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
virtuoso01:

I think there should be a kind of a seperate and more thorough registration for those intending to do business on Nairaland. This process will capture much more specific data of the person who wants to sell on Nairaland.

Although I know that it will be very difficult to completely remove scammers(people are scammed even in real life face to face situations) I think it will reduce the incidence of scammers.

More contributionns are seriously welcome, especially from honest and sincere sellers like me and also prospective buyers of anything.

gbam...
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by NextGen(m): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
@youngbilly1. You must be crazy. A normal human being have to verify things before talking on air. I am a responsible and well to do IT Consultant. People have been transacting with me via this medium. I invite most of my client to my office. ONE NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS TYPE OF A BEING MAD GUY. I remove the advert because I ve secure buyer. THINK LOGICALLY BEFORE YOU START TALKING. OK. IDIOT
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by aieromon(m): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
Wunmi Allen is a certified scammer.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2012
@nextgen... Oga park well, i no insult you ooo so don't tell me am crazy. Is the simple word "SOLD" difficult to write! everyone one nairaland ain't block head man!. Your advert ain't real, why do you think i was ignoring your calls... If you wanna insult me create another thread "youngbilli1 is crazy" not insulting me on dis my thread.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
aieromon: Wunmi Allen is a certified scammer.

:@
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 28, 2012
NextGen: @youngbilly1. You must be crazy. A normal human being have to verify things before talking on air. I am a responsible and well to do IT Consultant. People have been transacting with me via this medium. I invite most of my client to my office. ONE NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS TYPE OF A BEING MAD GUY. I remove the advert because I ve secure buyer. THINK LOGICALLY BEFORE YOU START TALKING. OK. IDIOT

pls no need to give insults.
It can only attract more insults.

Pls..
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
who is Wunmi Allen?
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by aieromon(m): 12:07am On Oct 29, 2012
virtuoso01:
who is Wunmi Allen?

https://www.nairaland.com/shopclue
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2012

If you are very sure about this then I suggest you open a thread giving all the details including proofs.

So that more people do not fall for him.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by initialize(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2012
A good market speaks for itself, me I don't scam despite that someone scammed me of over 80k in 2010, I am still alive and happy. Time is a great healer. Call me if u want to buy anything
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by mavinc4u(f): 8:33am On Oct 29, 2012
virtuoso01:

It can be done if nairaland will open a payment gate way by which the money paid by the buyers to the sellers are held temporarily until buyers confirm receiving the item and in good condition as described before the money would be released to the sellers but is going to involve paying nairaland for the service which the buyer will bear the cost.it will be an option for the buyers to choose.it will also invovle using a trackable means of delivery that will show delivery confirmation or signature confirmation,in case a buyer receives and claim he didn't receive.I believe business would smoothly be done at that
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Suntemi(m): 10:29am On Oct 29, 2012
^^^ Good suggestion though but Nairaland isn't eBay. Who is going to be in charge of monitoring the transactions? I'm sure buying and selling aren't the main reason of setting up this forum. Getting rid of scam on Nairaland is our own individual responsibility. Seun can't do everything for us. We are not paying him for posting on his forum.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by youngbilly1: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2012
Its a good idea but really, who's gonna be monitoring the transaction, even on ebay or craiglist there are fake post, one gotta be very careful thats just it. For example in the market n iphone 4s used is sold for btw 75k - 80k and you see a post saying he or she wanna sell for 50k...you have to confirm if its geniu or not.scammer beat down prices.
Re: Scammers On Nairaland by Suntemi(m): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
youngbilly1: For example in the market n iphone 4s used is sold for btw 75k - 80k and you see a post saying he or she wanna sell for 50k...you have to confirm if its geniu or not.scammer beat down prices.

Greed is our major problem. People call to tell me the same iPhone I sell for 80k is advertised for 60k by someone. I just try not to be rude because my reply is always "I don't know the reason the seller is selling at that price". I'm not selling phones can't be gotten cheap but most of the time, those prices are not real. I will not be surprised if I see iPhone 5 advertised for just 50k.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Use A Tablet, or a demanding smartphone? Then You Need This Mega Powerbank / USA Used DELL E6220 Intel Core-i5, 13" Slim And Lightweight Laptop -SOLD !! / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.