Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 (9473 Views)

Stoke City Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup (5 - 4) pens ON 27th October 2015 / Sheffield Wednesday Vs Arsenal: Capital One Cup (3 - 0) On 27th October 2015 / Manchester United Vs QPR (4 - 0) On 14th September 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:13am On Oct 27, 2012
Arsenal (possible, 4-3-3): Mannone; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos; Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla; Gervinho, Giroud, Podolski.
Out: Diaby, Gibbs (both thigh), Fabianski, Szczesny (both ankle), Walcott (chest), Rosicky (hamstring).
Test: Oxlade-Chamberlain (hip).

QPR (possible, 4-2-3-1): Julio Cesar; Bosingwa, Mbia, Nelsen, Traoré; Granero, Diakité; Wright-Phillips, Hoilett, Taarabt; Zamora.
Out: Dyer (calf), Fabio (hamstring), Johnson (knee).
Test: Park (knee),

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Matches 6, R1 Y10.

Team News
Full-back Bacary Sagna could return to the Arsenal against QPR after recovering from a broken leg.

England midfielder Jack Wilshere also played for the under-21s earlier in the week and may be on the bench as his rehabilitation from ankle and knee injuries continues.

Midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain faces a fitness test, but defender Kieran Gibbs and forward Theo Walcott remain sidelined, along with goalkeepers Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski, midfielder Abou Diaby and Czech winger Tomas Rosicky.

Meanwhile, QPR captain Park Ji-sung is doubtful for the game at the Emirates.

The former Manchester United midfielder suffered a knee injury in the 1-1 draw against Everton and has not trained fully all week.

Ryan Nelsen and Armand Traore, who were both substituted during the game, are both available but Fabio and Andrew Johnson remain sidelined.

Match Notes
Shaken by back-to-back defeats, first at Norwich and then at home to Schalke in the Champions League, Arsenal are seeking to purge the memories of a tempestuous week.

A season that began so auspiciously is already threatening to unravel, with Arsene Wenger forced to placate fans desperate not to endure an eighth staight trophy-less season.

QPR could present another roadblock to their hopes, with manager Mark Hughes desperate to record a first Premier League win of the season and to safeguard his own position.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9635286/Arsenal-v-QPR-match-preview.html
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by isaco(m): 5:57am On Oct 27, 2012
We must win today after two straight defeat. Wats the problem self? Goal o o, thank God o. 1 - 0
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by wengerjay(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2012
Arsenal,a club in crisis.
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by tchaik(m): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2012
wengerjay: Arsenal,a club in crisis.

Arsenal lost 2 consercutive matches, and they are suddenly in Crisis?
Is there no age restriction on Nairaland?

#COYG

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by babypipsy: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2012
Arsene Wenger at the AGM
Arsenal AGM 2012: Arsene Wenger's speech

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for last night!

I used to say to the players, ‘our job is not to talk, but to produce performances.’ So I’m not very comfortable today, to speak to you. I would just like to start my speech by thanking Pat Rice, who publicly was my right hand for 16 years. He was a genuine, committed and 100 per cent dedicated Arsenal man. So I would like to thank him personally and publicly.

I know there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction and I can understand because we want to win. But as well, it’s important we don’t go overboard. If everybody is absolutely devastated when we finished third in the league, I promise you I will not be here when we finish 15th one day.

We have, last night, not produced a good performance but as well let’s not forget that it was the first defeat in 43 home games in the Champions League. First of all, not many clubs play 43 home games consecutively in the Champions League, and I think many teams don’t lose at all for 43 games.

Having said that, we finished last year third in the league. A season where we had a very difficult start and where we, of course, had to be solid. One of the good consequences of last year is that the Club has been solid, the team has been solid and the staff have been solid as well to come back and win third place that was down to one point basically.

During the whole season, we had no Wilshere, no Diaby and of course at the end of the season, we lost Van Persie. We lost Song and we lost Benayoun. We bought Cazorla. We bought Podolski. And we bought Giroud.

We anticipated a little bit that we might lose Van Persie, because the talks were open but we didn’t know if he could find an agreement and that’s where we anticipated Giroud and Podolski to bring them in. Of course we lost 40 goals, but I think the three players we bought will be [a] success.

I think as well, that this team started in a very convincing way, a very dynamic way and in a very promising way. We hit the wall in the last two games in a little bit of an unexplainable way. But the attitude of the team is fantastic. The focus they have every day is very good and the quality that we see in training is very good.

We have as well some good news with players coming back. It’s always difficult, the day after a defeat, to take a distance with the result and have a little bit [of a] bigger picture. But I believe this team can deliver and therefore I am personally optimistic that we’ll have a good season and that we still will show, and that the players will show, that I am right.

I do not want to go too much into financial discussions. It’s not my job. My job is to deliver a team who produces performances with the resources we have and I never complained about that. I think it should be the same absolutely everywhere.

You can be proud, when you produce the resources, that your team delivers. I wouldn’t be very proud to take my wage at the end of the month, just because somebody puts a cheque in and says ‘OK take my money’. I would like to think that every club produces its own resources and pays its players with the money it produces. There’s no way to be ashamed of that.

For the rest, our policy will be exactly the same as we have always done. Produce our own players - I think that’s vital for the spirit of the game. The style of our play and of course the way we want to behave. Therefore, it’s important that 60 to 80 percent of the team comes from our own ranks.

We produce English national team players, maybe the most now in England. That means the quality of our work comes through. For the rest, the 20 to 30 to 40 per cent of the players we bring in have to be top-class players.

That’s why I would like to come back to one thing. We speak about trophies. For me, there are five trophies - the first is to win the Premier League, the second is to win the Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League, the fourth is to win the FA Cup and the fifth is to win the League Cup.

I say that because if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask: 'did you win the League Cup?', they ask you: 'do you play in the Champions League?

I say that as well, because recently we had a meeting in Geneva about when a manager is in some situations, what does he do? For example, a guy came out with a problem. He said ‘I played the semi-final of the Europa League at home and three days later, I played the decisive game in the championship to qualify for the Champions League.

And I was thinking 'what do I do?' Do I go for the semi-final of the Europa League? Or do I go for the qualifier in the Champions League?’ And the whole meeting was about that decision.

What came out as a 90 per cent conclusion, is that all the managers said ‘if you take care of you, you go for the semi-final of the Europa League. If you take care of the club, you go for the Champions League position.’ And that’s what we do, always.

I think that’s vital because we have periods where we [don’t] have the squad available to play in the competitions and we protect the championship when we have injuries. That of course is our priority. If people convince me that’s wrong, we have to do completely differently, I’m listening. I’m ready to do that.

First of course, we want to win the Premier League and that’s why we are here and that’s what we want to fight for. Believe me we’ll give absolutely every drop of energy to achieve that and we will do that again this year.

The environment is competitive, difficult and challenging. I think we have to be united to achieve it. I accept every different opinion but it looks to me that the modern world creates [little communities] inside every big community. The multiplication of medias create little groups of different opinions and we see that as well inside these clubs.

But these little communities have to learn to live together for one common thing, and that is the strength of our Club. And I think we have to keep that in mind.

We understand that you do not always agree with what we do. But [it’s] still very important that we keep strength and that we keep united for the same thing - the good of Arsenal. Sometimes we can forget that.

I’m sure we can count on you for the whole season and we’ll come up with what we deliver at the end of the season. If you’re not happy, I’m happy to listen to you, and I’m happy to meet you.
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by ameer2: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2012
Trophy haram team grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by ameer2: 10:36am On Oct 27, 2012
They wil try try n try,but season come ending dem nogo win anytin shocked
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by slap1(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2012
A good platform to bounce back from our disappointments. Hoping to see Jack Wilshere. COYG!
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by Debroslink: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2012
tchaik:

Arsenal lost 2 consercutive matches, and they are suddenly in Crisis?
Is there no age restriction on Nairaland?

#COYG

IF TEAMS LIKE BARCA, MADRID, BAYERN, CHELSEA AND MANUTD LOSE 2 MATCHES IN A ROW, PEOPLE WILL START TALKING OF CRISIS. WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARE TEAMS OF AMBITIONS. ARSENAL CAN LOSE 10 MATCHES IN A ROW, AND WENGER'S POST WILL STILL BE SAFE.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by kamking(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2012
COYG

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by awesomet1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
Team in full: Mannone, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Santos, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud.
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by slap1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2012
Sagna and Wilshere starts. GOOD! I hope Gervinho sits off his wastefulness on the bench. We will win this one. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by pomporiking: 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2012
Arsenal fans are still d most gullible in the world..they pay the highest ticket prices,the club sell their best players,gazidis and co are lining up their pockets with cash..and they would still open their dirty mouth to brag that they are a big team..champions league qualification is the trophy they always win..next two seasons watch how carzola and podolski would move to bigger clubs
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
choi see my jacky kiss kiss kiss cool
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2012
and blondy sagna grin grin kiss cool

Please QPR should not try sending them back to the l'hospital o angry
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
game on!!
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by omodapson(m): 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2012
Wilshere and Sagna back in biz. cool
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
nice run sagna . cool
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
arghh carzola . sad you could have passed na
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
see this midget Wright-philips sef wan show himself shioor grin
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by KayDee4: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
This is a must-win game, lets go gunners.
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
i am loving the team's attack today!! cool

abeg gazidis comot ur bald head for my screen angry
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2012
wait ramsey wan start ni? angry
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2012
that was going in na . .ball why na sad
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2012
ramsey nearly score o grin
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by SELFWORTH: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
Arsenal have been very dissappointing recently. Their defence leaks like the calabash of my local buka. Good business model though. Arsene Wenger should run Nigeria for us. He has the right business skills.
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by fredoooooo: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
mukina2: ramsey nearly score o grin

working or not ? grin grin

Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
awww my darling armand kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by SELFWORTH: 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2012
pompori king: Arsenal fans are still d most gullible in the world..they pay the highest ticket prices,the club sell their best players,gazidis and co are lining up their pockets with cash..and they would still open their dirty mouth to brag that they are a big team..champions league qualification is the trophy they always win..next two seasons watch how carzola and podolski would move to bigger clubs

uhh!! ignored
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by mukina2: 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2012
fredoooooo:

working or not ? grin grin
sharap its purrfecccti today angry

Poldi why naaaaaaaaw shocked
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by KayDee4: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
Na wetin Carzola drink last night?
Re: Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 by fredoooooo: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2012
mukina2:
sharap its purrfecccti today angry

Poldi why naaaaaaaaw shocked

are u sure , no be say you dey on top of tree to hold am grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? / Wolves Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 23rd May 2021 / Manchester City Vs Port Vale: FA Cup (4 - 1) On 4th January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.