Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? (9469 Views)

Poll: Which professional league below would you pick?

Italian Serie A: 11% (7 votes)
English Premiership: 61% (38 votes)
Spanish La Liga: 25% (16 votes)
German Bundesliga: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Official Italian Serie A Fans Thread / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2006
Nairaland users please take your pick between these leagues:

Serie A, where a lot of world class footballers have come from. The best in Tactical and technical football and strategic football.

La liga where a lot of world class footballers are and the most recent winners of Fifa world footballer of the yr award have come from. A very exciting league.

Premiership, the very noisy and most hyped league where most of the best footballlers go to retire when they can no longer perform except they r tempted by chelsea's millions (o Sheva, o Ballack).u score a goal and u become a hero and you're guaranteed a place in the starting line up when next they file out.hehe

Bundesliga, Dutch eredivisie(the best in youth football), Jupiler league (where most of our players cut their teeth),Portuguese and so on.Nairalanders take your pick but make una no forget Globacom premier league o.

My choice is Seria A (Lega Calcio)
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by woleprof(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2006
i think the premiership is more entertaining than any league in the world. its Explosive. thats my choice
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by salehm(m): 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2006
hustler:

Premiership, the very noisy and most hyped league where most of the best footballlers go to retire when they can no longer perform except they r tempted by chelsea's millions (o Sheva, o Ballack).u score a goal and u become a hero and you're guaranteed a place in the starting line up when next they file out.hehe

My choice is Seria A (Lega Calcio)

So You say but i think the premiership is not a league where old Players come to retire.And on the isuue of Scoring a goal and becoming a Hero you are absolutely "WRONG".You can't be in Arsene's Team or Fergie's Team or Rafa's Team or Even The special One Himself's team and come in as a substitute and score a goal and expect to start in the next match.So go back and think again u are absolutely wrong lipsrsealed
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by woleprof(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2006
@ hustler

I think u should go back to do your research properly, most players in the league are famous most wanted by other league in europe, premiership is not a place for retirement at okocha exit form Bolton is an example.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by amodu(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2006
Premiership
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by babaragold(f): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2006
i'll take SPANISH LA LIGA cool
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by IBIPHIL(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2006
WHO CARES TO KNOW OTHER LEAGUE WHEN THE GREATEST CLUB SIDE IN THE WHOLE WILD WORLD IS IN SPAIN,
REAL MADRID TO BE PRECISES

Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by sage(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2006
the order is

1 Seria A

2 La Liga

3 Premiership

4 etc

@ Hustler ur assesment is Perfect esp the technicality part and premiership beign a retirement home cheesy

Lets analyze the number of times clubs from the leagues have appeared in the Champs league Final since 1990

Italy ------------ 12 times

Spain------------- 8 times

England ----------- 3 times (including the last two)

No established player has ever gone to the English league except reacently. The big names that they have/ had were cast out from other leages esp Italy ( Bergkamp, Viera, Henry, Kanu)

The big players during their prime only transfer from Italy to Spain and back( the Zidanes, Figos, Ronaldos, Rivaldos,Davids,) etc
The only exceptions now are the Chelsea buyz and maybe Veron
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2006
u got ur assessment spot on @ sage totally agree.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by chidichris(m): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2006
for me, viewers can enjoy on premiership. as it stands, chelsea millionaira and the man u don have pumped in a lot of money for the players so i think footballers are now facing England for greener pastures.
how do you rate premiership as a place for retirement? when the likes of Rooney, C.Ronaldo, Henry, Fabregas Mikel, Kalou to mention but a few young players are always on parade.
u call them noisy, while they are always in the final three every year over the european and world footballers of the year.
do not poision our minds with you selfish interest. maybe u don't like premiership.
why will u even mention seria A after all the match fixing and manipulations. the players are all running to La liga and premiership.
bundisliga is Buyer munich league so count them out.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by buchio7(m): 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2006
@Ibiphil
na u biko bros los galacticos for live, MADRID FOREVER!!!!!!!!! shee u knw sey na madrid go win champions league this season? La liga is d best league in europe where u see quality players doing there thing. Premiership is over-hyped because of those propaganda inflicting english press asides that premiership is incomparable to serie a n la liga
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2006
I am a Bayern Munich fan but I think La Liga is the best. It is obvious that premiership is the most overrated and predictable league in Europe ask your self how many TIMES premiership teams have played the final of the UCL in the last 15 years 3 times(Man U,Arsenal and Chelsea) compared to 7 for Spain( Barca 92 and 2006,Real 98,2000,2002 Valencia 2000 and 2001) 9 times for Italy(Sampdoria 92,AC 93,94,95,2003,2005, Juve 96,97,98,2003) and 4 for German teams (Dortmund 97,Bayern 99,2001 and leverkusen 2002) In terms of predictability we all know the top 4 in England for tnext season would be Chelsea,Man U Arsenal and Liverpool in whichever order who can predict top 4 in any other leagues In Spain we have had Barca, Real,Valencia,Villareal,Depor,Betis, Zaragoza,Bilbao,Athletico madrid,Osasuna,Celta vigo(11) have been in top 4 in the recent past
In Italy we have had Juve,AC,Inter,Roma,Lazio Fiorentina,Chievo,Parma,Udinese(9)
Germany we have had Bayern, Dortmund,kaiserslautern,Stuttgart,Bremen,Hamburg,Schalke,Hertha Berlin (cool
England we have Man U ,Chelski,Arsenal,Liverpool,Everton,Newcastle,Leeds (7)
In England the are just noise makers example is their national teams who have won only one fluke controversial world cup donkey years ago and they wont allow anybody to have peace If it is not a fluke why have they not reached another final since then even Euro cup how many world footballer of theYear have they picked from Premiership or are Englishmen not one
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2006
@Dayokanu,
England is over-rated and blah blah and La Liga is the best but how many times has Spain won the world cup? Nil.
The EPL is the best league in the world and u can't rant on for years and i won't be bothered about your comments.
The World Footballer of The Year yardstick is not a factor for judging which league reigns supreme.

Take out the Brazilians and the Argies from the Spanish League and all u have is a very dull Spanish League.
The South Americans prefer Spain to pursue their football career because of the similar culture, language and most especially the weather.
A Brazilian will prefer to play in Spain than England and that should not give La Liga an edge over the EPL.
EPL reeks of class and superiority.

Brazilian League is not known worldwide and Brazil has won many world cups than anyone else.
Spanish League is the best league to peops like dayokanu and Spain has not even neared the semis of any world cup.(England has won it)
Fact: The league and tha national team has no direct relationship.

There's no league in the world that is not predictable.
I can close ma eyes and tell u the 4 teams that will lock the top spot in any league in the world.
AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juve and Roma in Italy
Bayern Munich, Weder Bremen, Leverkusen and Dortmund in Germany
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia and Deportivo in Spain
Arsenal, Chelsea , Man Utd and Liverpool in England
Celtic, Rangers in Scotland
Porto, Benefica in Portugal.
Lokomotiv Moscow, CSKA Moscow in Russia
Enyimba, Iwuanyanwu, Rangers in Nigeria so what are u guys ranting about?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by c0dec(m): 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2006
Jackal:

@Dayokanu,
England is over-rated and blah blah and La Liga is the best but how many times has Spain won the world cup? Nil.

and england? dont give me that 66 crap cos the premiership wasn't even in existence then. by the way, after poland and sweden, england was the worst european team in the last world cup.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by buchio7(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2006
i will just stick with rating the premiership by saying that it is totally over-hyped by the british media and to put the national team self is over-rated(i couldnt help it). If i may say so,remove the foreigners e.g.french,africans,south-americans from the premiership and what you will get is there old,boring kick and follow football.

prior to the revolution of teams like chelsea under gullit and man u under ferguson the english league lacked flair and was as outlandish as playing a gramorphone in 2006. La liga is still in my opinion the better of the lot.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 8:38am On Aug 15, 2006
@Jackal
you predicted those that would win all the first 4 in the major leagues next season did you realise that comparing your prediction to last years league standing you only got that of England right!!!!!!!!!!
Roma did not make top 4 In Italy,deportivo did not make top 4 in Spain, Dortmund and Leverkusen did not make top 4 in the last 3 years in Germany You were only right about Premiership that goes a long way to prove the predictability of the EPL You said world footballer of the year is not a yardstick but are you not bothered that Super players(Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Romario,Baggio,Rivaldo,George Weah) dont think of premiership until they are close to or over 30 and I dont think Zidane,Figo,Weah or Baggio are south American A Brazilian knows that the moment he steps into the premiership he cant get a regular shirt in his national team again and would never be world footballer of the year If you are talking about the Brazilian league in comparison to their national team then ask yourself how many players in the Selecao play at home Italy won the world cup and all their players play at home in the top teams so their performance would be a true reflection of their league standard in England 80% of their national team play in the best clubs in their country so the national team performance should be a true reflection of the standard of the EPL
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2006
@ Jackal
EPL reeks of class and superiority.?
If Ali baba or Basket mouth had said that he would have been nominated for comedian/Joke of the year
Based on what fact could EPL be the best league? is it in Number of champions league won or number of world footballer of the year produced or the amount of aimless running about (Fire on the mountain football) or for the obvious lack of tactical awareness dont you ask why no Englishman is fit to coach any of the top clubs
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by osteen(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2006
I picked the premireship cos my team plays there (Arsenal) out side that the la liga is simply the most entertaining legue in the world.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2006
@jackal

ur argument bout south americans identifyin with the spanish league for cultural reasons:i dont buy that at all.

they only go to those leaguea cuz they kno they will develop more as a player there.and the foot ball there fascinates them.if it were for the money the EPL pays more  so y wouldn't they wanna be there.look at wat the league did to Kleberson.he should have developed to a better player now but the league contaminated his skills.

same for gilberto too.he should have developed a whole lot now too.he's just stagnant.
i remember when everton fluked it to qualifyin rounds for UCL and couldnt even make headway.not even in the UEFA cup.

luis garcia who wasnt even gettin playin time at barca is now becomin a cult hero somewhat at the KOP.

prior to that the media were hyping david moyes as a world class coach.what happened the season after.

take a coach like luciano spalletti of roma .took udinese to UCL dumped them for roma and took them to UCL too.

Now tell me in what league lies the class and superiorityi'm just happy he'll try and develop our own stefano chuka okaka to a world class player before he turns 18.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2006
It makes me laugh when people rant about Serie A and other leagues being superior to the Premiership.
What makes a league so superior? Is it the money pumped into it or the organisation or the level of corruption?
The EPL has the best organisation in any football league in the whole wide world.

As regards the Champions League, U cannot really blame Premiership teams because the football season in England is too tedious.
Germany and Holland play just 34 games in the league while England plays 38 games.
The Premiership is the only league in the world that does not observe the winter-break and to make it worse, most games get played during this period while other teams in other leagues in Europe are on vacation.
Things get a bit bumpy by the time UEFA resumes in February as injuries and fatigue would have rubbed on English teams thus resulting to poor results.

We all know about the match-fixing stuffs in Serie A and Bundesliga.
I won't be surprised if the same happens in Spain as well.
The point is i don't reckon with all these leagues because they are not transparent enough. Its either matches are being fixed or match officials are being bribed which is quite sad about other leagues.

The last 2 UCL finals has produced 2 English teams and i won't be surprised if anutha Premiership team makes it to the final next May.
Premiership is classy whether u like it or not. European football will be boring without the PREMIERSHIP.
Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and Liverpool have all shown what the English teams can do at the big stage.
Hate it or Love it the PREMIERSHIP is on top.
Serie A reeks of bribery scandalz and corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2006
ur excuses are just too LAME jackal.talkin bout playin 38 games.so what, they play just 2 games in italy and spain huh

u r sayin the poor league is too tedious, what makes it tedious when they dont have quality benches they can call upon.

face it man it's a poor league in terms of standard of play.

do italian and german teams also bribe them in UCLas for the UCL anoda team in the EPL will prolly fluke it again come 2011.lol
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2006
EPL is poor? Yea right.
It's a poor league and the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have inflicted massive defeats on the Italian soil times without number.
I remembered Chelsea beating Lazio 4-0 some few seasons ago.
United always beat Juventus at Turin. Its almost a walk-over tie anytime the 2 teams meet.
Didn't Gunners bash Inter Milan 5-1 at San Siro in 2003/04 season?

Lets call a spade what it is.
EPL is too superior in terms of organisation and finances.
The Premiership is the most lucrative football league in the world with total club revenue standing at 1.3 billion pounds as at 2004/05 season.
This value is more than 40% above the nearest competitor(Serie A) and the 4th highest for any sports league worldwide.
Only NFL, MLB and NBA(All in USA) generate more revenue than the Premiership in any sporting contest in the world.

EPL is the greatest show on earth in terms of worldwide coverage.
Its the world's most popular and most watched sporting league followed worldwide by at least 1 billion people. It is being watched in over 190 countries.
In China, matches attract television audiences between 100 million and 400 million, more than any foreign sport in the country.
Out of the 8 seeded teams in UEFA Champions league, 3 Premiership teams were included.

If all these facts do not make the Premiership superior, i wonder what superiority means to you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by under18(f): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2006
na true talk
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by woleprof(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2006
Jackal:

EPL is poor? Yea right.
It's a poor league and the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have inflicted massive defeats on the Italian soil times without number.
I remembered Chelsea beating Lazio 4-0 some few seasons ago.
United always beat Juventus at Turin. Its almost a walk-over tie anytime the 2 teams meet.
Didn't Gunners bash Inter Milan 5-1 at San Siro in 2003/04 season?

Lets call a spade what it is.
EPL is too superior in terms of organisation and finances.
The Premiership is the most lucrative football league in the world with total club revenue standing at 1.3 billion pounds as at 2004/05 season.
This value is more than 40% above the nearest competitor(Serie A) and the 4th highest for any sports league worldwide.
Only NFL, MLB and NBA(All in USA) generate more revenue than the Premiership in any sporting contest in the world.

EPL is the greatest show on earth in terms of worldwide coverage.
Its the world's most popular and most watched sporting league followed worldwide by at least 1 billion people. It is being watched in over 190 countries.
In China, matches attract television audiences between 100 million and 400 million, more than any foreign sport in the country.
Out of the 8 seeded teams in UEFA Champions league, 3 Premiership teams were included.

If all these facts do not make the Premiership superior, i wonder what superiority means to you. grin

angry angry angry
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2006
I guess they bribe in the champions league too for them to reach more finals If your assesment of the best league is the finance, viewership and the noise they make then you are right to chose EPL but when it comes to getting to finals,predictability, the quality of players there which I feel is are more reliable facts then EPL is way behind If success when all the Europes best gather to compete does not mean anything to you but things like Viewership,Chinese viewer and finance are better datum to evaluate then have it so. Beckham is earn the most income does that mean he is the best player in the world?, . When all the Premiership teams beat serie A  team what did they make of it crashing out before the final? All the Italian players went ahead to win the world cup and the English players won what I guessed they bribed the referees too?
It is the end that matters; Arsenal did not concede a goal for so long but got to the final and capitulated conceeding 2 who cares about all their heroics when they did not win.
My team Bayern in 2000 UCL beat Real 3 times out of 4 meetings including a 8-3 aggregate but Real won the cup simple !! who cares about the earlier story
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 1:36pm On Aug 15, 2006
does all that value and finances transform to european silverware or does it raise their standard of play?

yes they defeated those teams and after that what happened
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2006
Whether it transforms to silverware or not is not the issue.
2 Premiership teams have played in the last 2 finals of the UCL so what other yardstick do u want me to use?
Arsenal sank Juventus(Serie A) Real Madrid(La Liga) and Villareal(La Liga) enroute to final with a make-shift young team and u r still ranting.
Liverpool disgraced Italian giants(AC Milan) in the most greatest come-back victory football has ever witnessed in any final match.
The Premiership reigns supreme over any league in every departments.
Finances, Organisation, Sponsorship, TV rights, Transparency(no bribery scandals).

3 Premiership teams got seeded out of 8 teams in Europe and some villains think the Premiership is wack?
Serie A with all the noise and bribery could not produce 3 quality teams in the continent.
Stop hating, The Premiership rocksssssssssssssssss.

If u don't like the Premiership, the premiership does not like u as well so the feeling is perfectly mutual.
European football without the Premiership will be in shambles.
Little wonder Manchester United is the richest football club in the world.
UEFA makes fortunes out of the Premiership so best believe it EPL reigns.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2006
@jackal
Finances, Organisation, Sponsorship, TV rights, Transparency does that looks that look like a good measurement of a good league ahead of number of continental silverware won and the quality of players in the league.Then you too evaluate that the South African league and national team has all these and should be the best in Africa but I am very sure that this is far from the truth
Looking for a genuine world class player not a media hyped one look everywhere but EPL and any player that thinks he is the king in EPL and want to be reckoned with worldwide go outside
Do you think that it was sheer coincidence that Owen Hargreaves one of the 2 foreign based england players in the team was Englands best performer in the last world cup?
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2006
Some times when i read the posts and statements from some of the members of this forum, i just weep cry, literaly cry cry, but hey its a free world and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just a few points, i beg you all bare with me.

1. No brazilian has played in the Prem and secured a shirt, oh well i guess Edu, Gilberto, Juhinho were not and never commanded regular shirts in the Brazilian teams, i mean that wasn't Gilberto silva at the World Cup was it, i mean he must not be a really good player.

Epilougue: What the F@#k did our so called meastro of the Spainish league Ronaldinho do at the WC, Even Real greats like The beast did not get a shirt, and Poor Robhinho was a sub most of the time.

2. This whole CL stuff really bores me, Yes Real won 10 or is that 9 Cups, but can Real get past the Semi, any time soon, or in the last 3 years? i leave that to your imagination.

Epilougue: 1 of the most consistant players of the Real team has been an english man, whats his name again. I guess Real do not want Reyes and Cesc Fab, and never tried to buy Paddy V who play/ed in the prem., and God forbid Barca did not try to buy Henry, and is that Eidar G playing in a Barca shirt? oh me oh my!!

Italy won the World Cup with home based players a feat so beautiful i must confess, on the other Hand, the Seria A is the most stinking Corrupt league there is, it puts the Colombian Football league to shame, and once again i say, anyone who says we should hail them as the best because of their corruption, really needs his head examined.

Epilougue: Well, well i distinctively remember Italy won through A pen shoot out , and the fact that they were able to press Zidane's buttons ( well what would you call squezzing his nipples!? ), was France not in the final as well, with players that play in the Ligue 1, so i guess, that makes the French league better than the Spainish league. Ah ha! did Henry (Arsenal) not score against Dida (AC Milan), by beating R Carlos (Madrid) who all play for the brazilian team.

really i can't be bothered to post any interesting figures and facts to argue with you guys, i will leave that job to Jackel ( i really have no idea why you bother mate ), cause any arguement stating that the EPL as a whole package is not the best league in the World, (not talking only of Technicality, which we have to give to the spainish, or Organisation which is the Germans, or high level soap opera drama provided by the Mafioso Seria A, or the Talented pool of the South American and African leagues) is just like a man pissing into the wind, like that man, you have to explain why your trousers are wet!?

You all should enjoy yourself with this baseless arguement, but like the ten Commandments, the EPL is engraved in stone. as Fiddy will say "Hate it or Love it, the EPL is on top!"
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2006
@ loyika,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thanx for rippin' em inside out.
La Liga lovers won't let us breathe with their nasty analysis.

@Dayokanu,
Owen Hargreaves my foot.
Where was he when Wayne Rooney and Lampard shone like a million stars in EURO 2004?
Please, England's failure at the last world cup has nothing to do with the league.
Eriksson was the architect of England's failure with wrong selections, bad substitutions and a chunk of ill-luck.

Why is Eidur Gudjohnsen(Chelsea-reject) being sought by Almighty Barcelona.
The same Barcelona nearly raided a bullion van to get the signatures of Thierry Henry.
David Beckham, Diego Forlan, Michael Owen, Van Nistelrooy, Gravesen and Jonathan Woodgate were all Premiership rejects but they are all cult heros in Spain right now.
To make matters worse, Ferguson's number 2(Carlos Queiroz) managed Real Madrid(La Liga) for a full season. grin
Can u tell me what else superiority means?

Go n drink to these facts and learn to respect the EPL.
We don't bribe in our league games unlike Serie A and the likes.
Drink EPL, Eat EPL, Watch EPL, Sleep EPL.
EPL is the booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomb.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by sage(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2006
@topic please no need to argue with Jackal. ive sen the guy is not objective

He is hyping a league that managed to produce ONLY One champions league finalist in 16 years while their Italian counterparts produced 11 and spain produced 7. He is hyping a league technical bodies in football know is not worth a footballer of year. He has not asked himself y the biggest names in football don't play in the league( Marradonna Stoichkov, Romario,Figo, Zidane, Davids, Ronaldo, Cafu, Thuram,Maldini, Rivaldo, Albertini, Nedved, Ayala,Hagi,J Zannetti, Dino Zoff, Baggio, Deschamps, Desaily, Salas, Zammarano, Batigol, Djorkaeff, Sammer, Lother Matthaus, Vieri,Ronaldinho, Kaka, Weah, Suker etc too numerous to mention.

on the other hand though, the biggest stars to play in The EPL were rejects from other leagues

Viera, Henry, Kanu, Bergkamp, etc and the retirees including Desaily, Weah, Vialli etc
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2006
@Jackal
Why are you making a comedy of this thread or why can you refer to Michael Owen who never got a regular shirt and started less than 10 games in the whole season before he was sent away to Newcastle,Jonathan Woodgate who has not played up to 10 games in 2 years, Ruud Nistelrooy who is yet to play a La Liga game cult figures
Did you notice that since David Beckham got to Madrid apart from shirt sales Madrid have not won any trophy not even Kings cup,Gravesen how many games did he play have you heard that Real have told him to get out,
Queiroz what did he win in Real Nothing .Wait till Gudjonsen play in Barca first Whenever English players get out they are like shit example the ones you mentioned
Now tell me who was England best player in the last world cup If you dont know check the internet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Port Vale: FA Cup (4 - 1) On 4th January 2020 / Wolves Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 23rd May 2021 / Fa Community Shield : Chelsea (2)4 Vs Man Utd (2) 1 on Pens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.